April 20, 2024, 07:39:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Missing 32 yo Lexington, KY Man Alex Johnson Last Seen Dec. 20, 2013  (Read 78412 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2014, 10:11:50 PM »

There has been no new news on Alex. That is troubling.  His keys, wallet, cell phone are missing but his vehicle is in the driveway.  He had to have known whoever was at that door.  I mean, who kidnaps a full grown man and no neighbors noticed anything wrong.

Other than the sign being put up in Lexington there doesn't appear to be anything new on Alex.  I sure do hope he is found soon.  The longer it goes on the worse it gets for the family and friends.

I read one comment on Facebook, they asked if the front door was locked or unlocked
.  The reply was that the police doesn't want any info out on his disappearance.  I can understand that but they really have to give some information out in order to keep people looking for him.  To me, if the police don't care (which the family says they do) then this will just fall to the wayside and he will not be found. At this point no one knows anything about Alex except he disappeared.  The police should be giving updates on what is happening so everyone can see they are concerned and looking into this.  Heck, even the news is not picking up on this.  You can't ask people to find him if the police haven't given you anything to go on, like have they checked cameras in the area, did they see anything suspicious vehicles in the area, Do they believe he just walked away or do they believe he left willingly or unwillingly with someone, anything is better than nothing. 

I pray for his family and friends that he shows up soon and unharmed.

Heck, way doesn't the family call the NSA and check into his phone calls for the last week before he disappeared?  I mean, they seem to know every move we make anyway. 

(Bolded by me)
I too wondered if Alex's front door was found locked or unlocked, and had gone back to read through articles to see if I could find that information.  I see from the above post ^^^ that information isn't being shared.  I was wondering if someone lured him out of the house on some pretense.  Did someone ask him to go somewhere with them to see something or to assist them in some way, and that's why he had his keys, wallet and cell? As in he stepped back inside and got those things.   Or did he carry those things around with him most of the time at home?   My husband hangs his keys up when he comes in, and puts his wallet in the bedroom and his cell on the counter and that's where they stay until he goes out again.    My older son keeps all of those things in his pockets when he gets up and dressed in the morning until he goes to bed.  I wonder what Alex's habits were in that regard? Was he threatened when he opened the door and forced to go with someone?  Or did someone lure him away from his apartment on some pretext?   So many questions and no answers.  I hope Alex can be found soon. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2014, 10:46:26 PM »

Yeah, I had wondered about the door also.  But if someone showed up at his front door, knocked, and he opened the door, he had to have known the person.  No neighbor remembers anything happening that afternoon.  It sounds like it was in broad daylight too.  Who does anything to an adult man in the daylight hours?  It is just a big mystery what happened to him.  I sure hope the big billboards draws attention to him and someone recognizes him and he comes home to his family. 

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2014, 10:27:09 PM »

Find Alex Johnson Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/FindAlexJohnson

All I can do is repost this poster.

Nothing new today. 

I wonder, since they said his vehicle was in the driveway, if his bicycle was at home?  I read back through everything but I don't remember them saying his bike was home.

I also wonder why they have not called in someone like Texas EquaSearch to look for him?  Do they even think he is in the Lexington area?  I saw a comment about doing an international search?  What the heck!!!  Did he get on an airplane?  Just so many unanswered questions.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2014, 10:54:47 PM »

I didn't read anything new today either.  Found an old article with some specific information.  According to a friend, his truck and bike are still at the apartment.  Nothing was missing from the apartment, and the door was locked.  No bank account or cellphone activity since the day he went missing.  Hope LE gets a lead; it's been too long already.

http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/Police-consider-Lexington-mans-disappearance-suspicious-237261861.html

Police consider Lexington man's disappearance suspicious
Updated: Thu 6:16 PM, Dec 26, 2013

"They have just been absolutely horrible, absolute worst days of our lives, just the not knowing and feeling helpless. We're just sick, so worried about him," Cayce Johnson told us Thursday.

One of Johnson friends says his truck and bicycle were still at his apartment, but the door was locked and there was no sign anything had been taken from inside. Police also tell us there has been no bank account or cell phone activity from Johnson since he went missing.

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2014, 10:53:05 AM »

From Alex's facebook page (guess they have decided to take it to the next level):

"There will be a benefit to help Find Alex Johnson at Mellow Mushroom Lexington Thursday January 9th 7-11pm. More information to follow."

"Jessica Brooke Johnson What are the funds going towards?
Like · Reply · 2 hours ago via mobile

Find Alex Johnson The billboards, private investigators, search dogs, and a reward.
    Like · 3 · about an hour ago"

"Anyone willing to donate anything for the raffle that will take place at the benefit to help Find Alex Johnson at Mellow Mushroom Lexington on Thursday, January 9th, please message this page. Thanks "

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2014, 11:12:18 AM »

I didn't read anything new today either.  Found an old article with some specific information.  According to a friend, his truck and bike are still at the apartment.  Nothing was missing from the apartment, and the door was locked.  No bank account or cellphone activity since the day he went missing.  Hope LE gets a lead; it's been too long already.

http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/Police-consider-Lexington-mans-disappearance-suspicious-237261861.html

Police consider Lexington man's disappearance suspicious
Updated: Thu 6:16 PM, Dec 26, 2013

"They have just been absolutely horrible, absolute worst days of our lives, just the not knowing and feeling helpless. We're just sick, so worried about him," Cayce Johnson told us Thursday.

One of Johnson friends says his truck and bicycle were still at his apartment, but the door was locked and there was no sign anything had been taken from inside. Police also tell us there has been no bank account or cell phone activity from Johnson since he went missing.

(Bolded by Me)
Thank you for finding this bit of information, grace-land.  This is a very suspicious sounding case.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2014, 11:14:11 AM »

From Alex's facebook page (guess they have decided to take it to the next level):

"There will be a benefit to help Find Alex Johnson at Mellow Mushroom Lexington Thursday January 9th 7-11pm. More information to follow."

Find Alex Johnson The billboards, private investigators, search dogs, and a reward.

"Anyone willing to donate anything for the raffle that will take place at the benefit to help Find Alex Johnson at Mellow Mushroom Lexington on Thursday, January 9th, please message this page. Thanks "

I hope the plans and efforts being made will be fruitful and Alex can be found safe and soon.  The circumstances of his disappearance bring so many questions, though. 

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2014, 07:31:25 PM »

I hope the plans and efforts being made will be fruitful and Alex can be found safe and soon.  The circumstances of his disappearance bring so many questions, though. 

yeah, you are right--The circumstances are weird.  I am sure IF the police don't have anything to go on that they are thinking he just walked away.

I keep trying to remember what the weather was like during that weekend before Xmas and if I remember correctly we were having some rain but the temps were in the mid to high 60's.  I remember because we had to get a load of firewood and it was warm enough for us to leave the garage door open, my hubby split the wood and I unloaded it for him and stacked it in the garage.  The point I am making is I wonder if him and someone else decided to go to Red River Gorge to do some hiking or camping?  I know I read he liked doing that and was really adventurous. And as far as the knock on the door it seems to me that that knock could have had nothing to do with his disappearance at all.  What if he just walked somewhere close by?  There are just too many unanswered questions.  That river search has me worried.  The river does not run through Lexington.  It is at least 15 miles from Lexington.  If he ended up there then how did he get there.  Not by walking.  Someone had to have taken him there.  The final question IF someone took him there or anywhere else it had to have been because something bad happened.  If something bad happened and it happened because of the person who knocked on the door, why didn't they rob his home?  Something is just not right about this.  It doesn't make sense.  I wonder if they have checked with the airlines to see if he flew out of Blue Grass Airport?  He could have taken public transportation for that.  It seems the police have waited a long time to do anything (or it seems that way to me) that it may be too late to get any helpful information on him now.  JMO.

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2014, 07:50:37 PM »

I checked this police crime map and it appears that Alex did live in a fairly safe area.  There were several happenings not far from his home on hanover street but nothing in his immediate neighborhood:

http://www.raidsonline.com/?address=Lexington,%20KY

put in hanover street, lexington, ky; and I check all the boxes and narrowed the search down to Dec 19-22.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2014, 08:15:29 PM »

http://www.kentucky.com/2014/01/08/3024112/mellow-mushroom-to-raise-money.html

Mellow Mushroom to raise money for family of missing man
By Justin Madden
January 8, 2014 Updated 35 minutes ago

Mellow Mushroom, 503 South Upper Street, will be donating 15 percent of sales Thursday to the family of 32-year-old Alex Johnson, who was a regular at the restaurant, according to Jody Schultz, front-end restaurant manager. The restaurant will also hold an auction, and patrons may drop donations into baskets. Donations will be collected throughout the day. Mellow Mushroom opens at 11 a.m. and closes at 11 p.m.

-----------------

Jan Colbert What time is the raffle?
5 hours ago

Find Alex Johnson around 9
5 hours ago
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2014, 08:19:24 PM »

Find Alex Johnson
7 hours ago

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2014, 09:29:45 PM »

I don't know if this is true or not but it showed up on Topix Lexington:

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/lexington-ky/T4TABS3MTQE1TF2D5

"JJJ
Bowling Green, KY

Reply »
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday

I am a close friend of the family and heard that the police did investigate the person who knocked on the door, the night he went missing. I also heard that the person quicky retained legal counsel and was not very cooperative with the police. Some say, it was just due to fear of the police, some say it's because of guilt. But no one seems to know why or what the motive would be, as nothing was missing from the apt aside from Alex's keys, wallet and cell phone. As for the girlfriend, she lived in another state, and had nothing to do with his disappearance. Her name is listed in the articles online, so the police aren't hiding anything. In fact, she is the one that set up the account on Facebook to help find Alex. His family is devastated by the lack of information, and have no idea what happened. Alex was a chef, highly intelligent, and didn't run with the wrong people. He was however; very generous and naive, therefore likely to put himself in harms way unknowingly. Billboards are starting to go up by the family in hopes someone will recognize him and call the police, but they need everyone's help in finding Alex. If you know ANYTHING about Alex's disappearance, please contact the police right away. Family and friends please continue to pray for Alex's safe return."

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2014, 10:45:01 AM »

I have no idea if this is connected to Alex, I pray it is not:

http://www.wbko.com/home/headlines/Body-Found-in-Lexington-Storage-Unit-239422051.html

"Body Found in Lexington Storage Unit

LEXINGTON, Ky. (AP) -- A body has been found in a storage unit in Lexington.

Fayette County Coroner Gary Ginn told media that his office was called to the Econo-Self Storage on Wednesday to help investigate. He says the body was taken to Frankfort for an autopsy that will be performed Thursday.

Lexington Police Lt. Eric Lowe said officers were called to the facility after a federal agency received a tip. He declined.............."

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2014, 10:48:32 AM »

This storage unit is only 1.8 miles from Alex's home. 

I will continued praying for his safe return and for his family and friends.

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2014, 10:57:00 AM »

The remains have been in the storage facility for long enough they had to bring in an anthropologist to examine the remains so it appears this could not be Alex, hopefully.  It is someone's loved one though and I hope they find out who they are and why this happened.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2014, 01:23:54 PM »

Video at the link

Missing Lexington man's girlfriend speaks out
Updated: Thu 12:53 PM, Jan 09, 2014

Lisa Horobin said she's been dating Johnson for a year. She goes to college out of state, but spend about four months this past summer with him in Lexington. She called us Thursday, saying she and the family are still trying everything they can to keep Alex's name and face at the front of everyone's mind. Lisa said their last conversation together was normal, and Alex was excited to head to Bowling Green to see his family for the holiday's the next day. When Alex got a knock on the door, he said he's call her back later that night, but he never did.

"I think that is the worst because you have no idea. Everyone's mind just keeps going and you go through millions of scenarios in your head of what could have happened, where he could be. It's weird when none of them make sense," Harobin said.

Lexington Police are not commenting on this case, saying this is a missing person investigation. Horobin says police are doing everything they can to find Alex.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2014, 01:42:56 PM »

It has been reported that Alex worked at University of Kentucky as campus chef.  This article is stating that he was an employee; however, I have read that he was a regular at the restaurant.

http://wuky.org/post/mellow-mushroom-raises-funds-missing-employeehttp://wuky.org/post/mellow-mushroom-raises-funds-missing-employee

12:45 pm  Thu January 9, 2014
Mellow Mushroom Raises Funds for Missing Employee

A Lexington pizza restaurant is raising funds to help search for a lost employee.

Mellow Mushroom says it is donating 15% of Thursday’s sales to help find Alex Johnson, an employee who went missing on December 20th.  Manager Jody Schultz says he was well-liked among the staff and this fundraiser is a way to help bring everyone together.

"It’s our way of coming together and telling the community, saying hey, we care about him, he was a good guy, we’re going to find some information no matter what, we’re going to keep looking for him," she said.

To increase turnout, the restaurant will also feature a performance by the Tallboys, a local band.

“Alex always went to a see them on Sunday nights," Schultz added.   "So when his girlfriend got a hold of them, they graciously said they would come here and play for, and so it would, kind of, get more people out.

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2014, 02:09:37 PM »

Now, that is really weird.  They have said all along he is a chef at UK.  Now it says Mellow Mushroom.  I guess Mellow Mushroom could be located at UK and he is a chef there?????

I am keeping an eye on the body found at the storage facility.  It has something to do with the social security agency and the feds.  Could be an older man that went missing but he, like Alex, hasn't been missing long.  The article appears to imply that the body has been there quite a long time. But they sure wouldn't give out any info on it at all.

My son did not graduate with Alex.  Alex was 1 year ahead of him and my nephew graduated with him.  I do remember seeing him around the high school though.  It is just so sad for the parents and his girlfriend.  I just cannot imagine what they are going through.  My prayers are still with them and hoping this comes to a good end for everyone.

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2014, 05:13:42 PM »

A little more on the body found at a storage building:

http://www.lex18.com/news/police-financial-crime-investigation-led-to-finding-body-in-storage-unit/

"Police: Financial Crime Investigation Led To Finding Body In Storage Unit

Police have confirmed that officials from the Social Security Administration Office were at the scene Wednesday night where a body was found inside a storage unit, looking into allegations of a financial crime.

They asked Lexington Police to come with them to serve a search warrant at Econo Self Storage on James Court near the intersection of New Circle and Winchester Roads Wednesday night.

Police confirmed they are working with federal investigators as well, but did not give any other details.

Police know who the person is who rented the storage unit and interviews are expected to follow in the wake of these new developments.

The medical examiner hasn't positively ID'd the remains, but they do say, based on their investigation, they have a pretty good idea of who it is. They say the remains are those of an adult, white male. No cause of death was determined during an autopsy Thursday.

Lexington Police discovered the body after acting on a tip ..........................................."

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2014, 12:09:24 AM »

This is on the fund raiser they had in Lexington for Alex tonight.  My understanding is they will be putting one on here in Bowling Green where he and his family are from:

http://www.lex18.com/news/beneift-held-for-search-of-missing-man/

Benefit Held For Search Of Missing Man

Friday marks three weeks since a Lexington man was last seen. As detectives continue to investigate the disappearance of 32 year old Alex Johnson, friends and family gathered for a benefit to help in the search.

Lisa Horobin was the last person to talk to Alex Johnson.

"I was supposed to be coming down here to spend three weeks with Alex, not three weeks looking for Alex," said Horobin, who is Alex's girlfriend.

She was on the phone with him when someone knocked on the door of his apartment on North Hanover, and he hung up. That was three weeks ago and still no sign of Alex. Now she's throwing a benefit to help search for her missing boyfriend.

"So just to see his favorite band and have him not be here and know so many people are here that love him and he's not here to celebrate it, it's really hard," said Horobin.

For Alex's parents, Lee and Judy, the last three weeks have felt like an eternity.

"It's probably the worst feeling a parent could have," said Lee Johnson who says he's not been to work since Alex disappeared. The search for his son has become his full time job.

"We're going to continue until something happens. We hope that's soon and we just pray we find him alive," said Alex's dad.

Alex was a regular at Mellow Mushroom, where the benefit was held. It was an experience a few months ago that touched the manger and prompted her to host the fundraiser.

"I just thought these guys were being jerks and it was just cool the way he pulled me aside and said I'm not with them but if need some help because he saw how upset I was and he kind of pulled me aside and I thought that was pretty cool," said Jody Schultz, the manager of Mellow Mushroom.

It's that kind of story that Alex's parents say keeps them going through this difficult time as they continue to plead for answers about their son.

"Maybe it's minor, might be ..................................

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.