April 24, 2024, 10:50:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Missing 32 yo Lexington, KY Man Alex Johnson Last Seen Dec. 20, 2013  (Read 78531 times)
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #200 on: February 27, 2014, 03:20:14 PM »

Update:

http://www.kentucky.com/2014/02/27/3111615/co-defendants-arraigned-in-missing.html

Co-defendants arraigned in missing man Alex Johnson's slaying
By Jim Warren
jwarren@herald-leader.comFebruary 27, 2014 Updated 42 minutes ago

Two men indicted in the beating death of Alex Johnson were arraigned Thursday in Fayette Circuit Court.

Defense attorneys waived formal arraignments for Robert Markham Taylor and Timothy Ballard, and entered not guilty pleas for both.

The co-defendants are to be back in circuit court March 20 for pre-trial hearings.   (BBM)

Taylor, 29, is charged with murder, kidnapping and tampering with physical evidence. Ballard, 42, is charged with kidnapping, tampering with physical evidence, and being a persistent felon.

According to documents previously filed in district court, Ballard told Lexington police that he saw Taylor beat Alex Johnson to death on Dec. 20, the day Johnson disappeared.

Taylor and Ballard are charged in the case under the same indictment. However, they appeared in court separately on Thursday via video from the Fayette County jail.

Police have yet to make public any motive in the case

JUSTICE FOR ALEX

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #201 on: March 03, 2014, 08:39:11 AM »

Update:

http://www.kentucky.com/2014/02/27/3111615/co-defendants-arraigned-in-missing.html

Co-defendants arraigned in missing man Alex Johnson's slaying
By Jim Warren
jwarren@herald-leader.comFebruary 27, 2014 Updated 42 minutes ago

Two men indicted in the beating death of Alex Johnson were arraigned Thursday in Fayette Circuit Court.

Defense attorneys waived formal arraignments for Robert Markham Taylor and Timothy Ballard, and entered not guilty pleas for both.

The co-defendants are to be back in circuit court March 20 for pre-trial hearings.   (BBM)

Taylor, 29, is charged with murder, kidnapping and tampering with physical evidence. Ballard, 42, is charged with kidnapping, tampering with physical evidence, and being a persistent felon.

According to documents previously filed in district court, Ballard told Lexington police that he saw Taylor beat Alex Johnson to death on Dec. 20, the day Johnson disappeared.

Taylor and Ballard are charged in the case under the same indictment. However, they appeared in court separately on Thursday via video from the Fayette County jail.

Police have yet to make public any motive in the case

JUSTICE FOR ALEX

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #202 on: March 25, 2014, 08:44:56 PM »

This is really disturbing to read this and think that Alex did not have to die IF only the police had done their job:

http://www.kentucky.com/2014/03/25/3161487/alex-johnsons-parents-say-two.html?sp=/99/164/961/179/

Alex Johnson's parents say two witnesses reported attack, but police did not respond

By Justin Madden and Bill Estep
jmadden@herald-leader.comMarch 25, 2014 Updated 23 minutes ago

Two people who witnessed an attack on University of Kentucky employee Alex Johnson the night he was killed in December and called 911, according to an attorney and private investigator hired by Johnson's parents.

That information led his parents to question whether police could have thwarted the crime with a swifter response.

Both witnesses saw a man being hit in the front seat of a car as it traveled on North Hanover Avenue, where Johnson lived, and heard what one described as his "blood curdling" screams.

"Stop, you're killing me," the man yelled, according to an account one witness gave a private investigator for the family.

Both people said they called 911 to report the attack as it was happening, Mark Wohlander, a Lexington attorney who represents Johnson's parents, Lee and Judy Johnson, told the Herald-Leader. No officers responded to talk with the witnesses that evening to get a description of the assailants, the car, the location of the incident and other information, he said.

The family wants to know how dispatchers and police handled the calls from witnesses.

"I think if they'd responded they would have had time to save Alex's life," Lee Johnson told the Herald-Leader Tuesday.

Wohlander said the city has resisted his request under the state open-records law for 911 recordings and transcripts. He has appealed to Attorney General Jack Conway's office.

In the appeal, dated March 22, Wohlander said the 911 center either failed to dispatch officers to the area of the witness calls, or that the "desperate calls" were not considered important enough to dispatch officers.

Lexington police spokeswoman Sherelle Roberts declined to speak about pending cases, saying the "details of what happened on that day will be made public during the court proceedings."

A private investigator working for Johnson's parents, former state police officer Steve O'Daniel, said one witness said the 911 dispatcher who fielded her call said, "Are you kidding me?" almost as if the dispatcher thought the call was a prank.

Police did not interview either of the witnesses for about two weeks, Wohlander said. He declined to release the names of the witnesses to the Herald-Leader.

Wohlander is preparing a wrongful death lawsuit against the two men charged in Alex Johnson's murder...........

It is worth the time to read this article.  I had no idea.   This breaks my heart even more for Alex's parents, sister and girlfriend.  Imagine, this didn't have to happen if police had done their job. 

JUSTICE FOR ALEX

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #203 on: March 25, 2014, 10:11:15 PM »

This latest information you've posted is just terrible, Blue Moon. There were witnesses to Alex Johnson's beating resulting in his death, and there wasn't police response.     It's bad enough the Johnson family lost their son, but knowing there were witnesses who saw and heard him crying out before his death and the police didn't respond will probably haunt them the rest of their years.  I know it would haunt me if it were my son.  Bless those that called in what they saw and heard. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #204 on: March 25, 2014, 11:00:51 PM »

This latest information you've posted is just terrible, Blue Moon. There were witnesses to Alex Johnson's beating resulting in his death, and there wasn't police response.     It's bad enough the Johnson family lost their son, but knowing there were witnesses who saw and heard him crying out before his death and the police didn't respond will probably haunt them the rest of their years.  I know it would haunt me if it were my son.  Bless those that called in what they saw and heard. 

Yes Muffy, it is very disturbing.  Some of this was on the Lexington, KY Topix.  I posted what was out there concerning this and then Puff it was gone.  I posted some more that appeared a 2nd time and then it was gone.  The 3rd time I didn't post it because it was just too gross and horrible to repost it here.  Either someone in the family or one of the witnesses were posting what really happened.

The article says Alex was beaten in the car.  He was in the passenger seat with that Mark in the back seat beating him.  Then according to this article Mark finished the beating in his basement where Alex died.  I had read on Topix that Mark tried to clean up the blood in his basement using Clorox.  This says he tried to clean up the car.  The car was sold for scrap and was crushed before the police took the case serious.  It took them 2 weeks to even interview the 2 witnesses.

I am just so sad and upset that this could have been prevented. 

This is only the beginning of more to come out.  It is not going to be pretty.  I just pray for Alex's family and girlfriend that they can survive the trail and what it brings.

JUSTICE FOR ALEX...............................................

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #205 on: March 26, 2014, 10:56:28 PM »

Chilling...poor Alex.   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #206 on: March 31, 2014, 11:20:17 AM »

Chilling...poor Alex.   

really chilling!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #207 on: July 11, 2014, 04:05:46 PM »

http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/Death-penalty-sought-for-Lexington-kidnapping-and-murder-suspect-266753961.html

Death penalty sought for Lexington kidnapping and murder suspect
Posted: Fri 10:49 AM, Jul 11, 2014

LEXINGTON, Ky. (WKYT) - Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty for a man accused in a kidnapping and murder.

Mark Taylor and Timothy Ballard appeared in court Friday morning. Police say the men lured Alex Johnson into their car back in December, beat him to death and dumped his body in the Kentucky River. Taylor is charged with murder and kidnapping. Ballard is charged with kidnapping and evidence tampering. Taylor's new attorney confirmed to us on Friday that the Fayette County Commonwealth's Attorney's office is seeking the death penalty against her client.

During Friday's hearing, prosecutors pushed for a trial date in the case. The defense wanted the next status hearing to be scheduled four months from now. Instead, a judge set it for August 29. It's likely a trial date will be set during that hearing.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #208 on: July 12, 2014, 10:00:55 AM »

http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/Death-penalty-sought-for-Lexington-kidnapping-and-murder-suspect-266753961.html

LEXINGTON, Ky. (WKYT) - Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty for a man accused in a kidnapping and murder.

Mark Taylor and Timothy Ballard appeared in court Friday morning. Police say the men lured Alex Johnson into their car back in December, beat him to death and dumped his body in the Kentucky River. Taylor is charged with murder and kidnapping. Ballard is charged with kidnapping and evidence tampering. Taylor's new attorney confirmed to us on Friday that the Fayette County Commonwealth's Attorney's office is seeking the death penalty against her client.

During Friday's hearing, prosecutors pushed for a trial date in the case. The defense wanted the next status hearing to be scheduled four months from now. Instead, a judge set it for August 29. It's likely a trial date will be set during that hearing.

Thank you to the judge that had the good sense to schedule a status hearing for August 29, instead of four months from now.  I hope the trial date is set at the status hearing and the justice train gets rolling on down the tracks.  Why prolong the agony of the victim's family and friends?  Hoping there will be justice for Alex.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #209 on: August 06, 2014, 11:37:22 PM »

Thanks for posting this.  I just the article on WKYT and the comment section.  There is more to this then being told.  The "tampering" with evidence will prove to be disturbing if what I read on another site is correct.

I want get into the discussion on the death penalty but if what I have heard is true then really they both deserve it.  JMO

I will continue to send my prayers out to the Johnson's and Alex's sister.  I know they will always have Alex in their hearts and will treasure their memories of him always.

August 29 sounds good.  I am glad the judge made it that date instead of pushing it off in the distance future.  It will 1 year in 4 months.  No need to drag it out.

JUSTICE FOR ALEX 

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #210 on: November 04, 2014, 12:47:24 AM »

http://www.lex18.com/news/murder-victim-s-family-sues-city-of-lexington/

2 hours 42 minutes ago

Murder Victim's Family Sues City Of Lexington

The family of a man who was murdered and dumped in the Kentucky River, is suing the city of Lexington.

According to the lawsuit that was filed on Monday, Alex Johnson's family said the 911 call takers failed to do their job when witnesses saw Johnson being beaten and called for help.

"We miss him every day, every minute of every day," said Alex's mother, Judy Johnson.

For these parents, the pain of losing their son weighs heavier every moment they're left wondering why no one came to his rescue.

"We were just devastated thinking that he might have been saved if the proper procedure had been followed," said Judy.

"We certainly feel like our son would be alive today if they just followed their policy," added Alex's father, Lee Johnson.

That's what they say in the lawsuit about Lexington's 911 dispatch. The couple filed the suit, less than a year after Alex was taken from his apartment on North Hanover.

In December of 2013 police said Alex was beaten in a car and killed. His body was then stuffed in a barrel and dumped into the Kentucky River.

"On the night that our son was kidnapped and murdered, there were witnesses that called 911 while the event was taking place," said Judy.

The Johnson's said their private detective found the witnesses and copies of the 911 calls. The lawsuit cites two different people reporting the assault. However, it said the call wasn't dispatched to police as a crime "in progress," which could have lead to a faster police response. The suit also claims the call takers failed to stay on the line with the callers until police arrived.

"The 911 call takers thought it was a joke. They didn't do anything," said Lee.

"As far as we know, police were not dispatched to the scene," said Judy.

The family said the lawsuit is not because of money, they instead want to make sure call-takers uphold a safety standard. They said they are asking the city to make sure no one else has to feel their pain.

When it comes to the criminal case of Alex Johnson's death, both Robert Taylor and Timothy Ballard have been arrested. They are set to stand trial next October.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #211 on: November 04, 2014, 06:35:03 AM »

Thanks for posting this.  I just the article on WKYT and the comment section.  There is more to this then being told.  The "tampering" with evidence will prove to be disturbing if what I read on another site is correct.

I want get into the discussion on the death penalty but if what I have heard is true then really they both deserve it.  JMO

I will continue to send my prayers out to the Johnson's and Alex's sister.  I know they will always have Alex in their hearts and will treasure their memories of him always.

August 29 sounds good.  I am glad the judge made it that date instead of pushing it off in the distance future.  It will 1 year in 4 months.  No need to drag it out.

JUSTICE FOR ALEX 

October 2015 trial date set for men accused of killing Alex Johnson: http://www.kentucky.com/2014/10/24/3499518/october-2015-trial-date-set-for.html   

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #212 on: November 09, 2014, 03:10:16 PM »

JUSTICE FOR ALEX 

October 2015 trial date set for men accused of killing Alex Johnson: http://www.kentucky.com/2014/10/24/3499518/october-2015-trial-date-set-for.html   

Thanks or posting this.  I just read it and was checking to see if it was updated.  Dragging out a trial date to 2015 is ridiculous but I guess this is how our justice system works. 

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #213 on: November 09, 2014, 03:14:31 PM »

http://www.lex18.com/news/murder-victim-s-family-sues-city-of-lexington/

2 hours 42 minutes ago

Murder Victim's Family Sues City Of Lexington

The family of a man who was murdered and dumped in the Kentucky River, is suing the city of Lexington.

According to the lawsuit that was filed on Monday, Alex Johnson's family said the 911 call takers failed to do their job when witnesses saw Johnson being beaten and called for help.

"We miss him every day, every minute of every day," said Alex's mother, Judy Johnson.

For these parents, the pain of losing their son weighs heavier every moment they're left wondering why no one came to his rescue.

"We were just devastated thinking that he might have been saved if the proper procedure had been followed," said Judy.

"We certainly feel like our son would be alive today if they just followed their policy," added Alex's father, Lee Johnson.

That's what they say in the lawsuit about Lexington's 911 dispatch. The couple filed the suit, less than a year after Alex was taken from his apartment on North Hanover.

In December of 2013 police said Alex was beaten in a car and killed. His body was then stuffed in a barrel and dumped into the Kentucky River.

"On the night that our son was kidnapped and murdered, there were witnesses that called 911 while the event was taking place," said Judy.

The Johnson's said their private detective found the witnesses and copies of the 911 calls. The lawsuit cites two different people reporting the assault. However, it said the call wasn't dispatched to police as a crime "in progress," which could have lead to a faster police response. The suit also claims the call takers failed to stay on the line with the callers until police arrived.

"The 911 call takers thought it was a joke. They didn't do anything," said Lee.

"As far as we know, police were not dispatched to the scene," said Judy.

The family said the lawsuit is not because of money, they instead want to make sure call-takers uphold a safety standard. They said they are asking the city to make sure no one else has to feel their pain.

When it comes to the criminal case of Alex Johnson's death, both Robert Taylor and Timothy Ballard have been arrested. They are set to stand trial next October.

I can't say that I really blame them.  I feel so sorry for the Johnson's.  I know this will weigh heavy on them for the rest of their lives.  I hope their action against Lexington will bring about the changes that could have helped/saved Alex.  My Prayers are always with this family.

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #214 on: February 26, 2015, 10:13:32 PM »

Latest update on Alex Johnson.  My continued prayers go out to his family.  Sad article, the suffering continues:

http://www.kentucky.com/2015/01/25/3660432/family-of-alex-johnson-still-grieving.html

Family of Alex Johnson slowly accepting but still grieving his death
By Justin Madden

jmadden@herald-leader.comJanuary 25, 2015

A year later, Alex Johnson's family continues to grieve.

"Alex, we miss you every minute of every day," Judy Johnson wrote on a lantern during a recent birthday celebration for her son, Alex.

More than 50 people gathered with chairs and blankets at a lake near Johnson's hometown in Bowling Green earlier this month to share stories and memories. They lit 34 paper lanterns and wrote a memory in honor of Johnson, who would have turned 34 on Jan. 16. .............................

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #215 on: October 08, 2015, 02:27:11 PM »

Update:

Trial of two men accused in Alex Johnson murder case is delayed until June 2016
By Justin Madden
jmadden@herald-leader.comOctober 5, 2015

Alex Johnson

The trial of two men accused of killing Alex Johnson of Lexington and placing his body in a bourbon barrel has been rescheduled until 2016.

According to Fayette Circuit Court documents, Robert Markham Taylor and Timothy Ballard are scheduled to have a jury trial June 1, 2016 on multiple charges stemming from the beating and slaying of Johnson, 30.

Taylor, 29, is charged with murder, kidnapping and tampering with physical evidence. Ballard, 43, is charged with kidnapping, tampering with evidence and being a persistent felon.

The men were acquaintances, police have said...........................

http://www.kentucky.com/2015/10/05/4072980_trial-of-two-men-accused-in-alex.html?rh=1

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #216 on: June 09, 2016, 09:08:50 AM »

http://www.wtvq.com/2016/06/06/trial-begins-for-accused-killer-of-uk-chef-alex-johnson/

Trial begins for accused killer of UK chef Alex Johnson
By Mark Groves

LEXINGTON, Ky. (WTVQ)- Opening statements which included graphic descriptions and demonstrations of how Alex Johnson was killed in 2013 kicked off the trial for a Lexington man accused in the UK chef’s kidnapping and murder.

Robert Markham Taylor, who goes by “Mark” sat with his defense attorneys Monday afternoon in a Lexington courtroom. Before he was able to be represented, starting his trial, prosecutors painted a picture of him as a ruthless murderer, who beat Alex Johnson to death and helped to hide his body.

Prosecutors didn’t hold back from their descriptions and demonstrations of how Johnson was killed in the winter months of 2013. While addressing the jury, prosecutors simulated punches and strangulation.....................

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #217 on: June 09, 2016, 09:14:01 AM »

More articles:

http://www.kentucky.com/news/local/crime/article82037122.html  UK chef was savagely beaten to death over marijuana, prosecutor says

http://www.kentucky.com/news/local/crime/article81581312.html  Alex Johnson’s mother allowed to testify at accused killer’s trial

http://www.kentucky.com/news/local/crime/article82702952.html  Key witness says slain UK chef, accused killer were best friends

http://www.wkyt.com/content/news/Day-three-of-Mark-Taylors-murder-trail-underway-in-Lexington-382220541.html   Shop owner testifies in murder trial: Car smelled like bleach, seats removed

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #218 on: June 14, 2016, 12:28:53 AM »

Todays Court, medical examiner testified, graphic............

http://www.wkyt.com/content/news/Medical-examiner-testifies-about-evidence-in-Lexington-murder-trial-382682481.html

Medical examiner testifies about evidence in Lexington murder trial

By WKYT News Staff |
Posted: Mon 9:19 AM, Jun 13, 2016  |
Updated: Mon 5:15 PM, Jun 13, 2016

Prosecutors brought the barrel in which Alex Johnson's body was found into the courtroom. The jury was warned that they would have to hear graphic testimony.

Among the evidence shown in the courtroom on Monday were the clothing Alex Johnson was wearing when his body was removed from the barrel. Prosecutors told the jury that one of the shoes he was wearing matched a shoe found in the area Timothy Ballard said he and Mark Taylor killed Johnson.

Dr. Meredith Frame with the Office of the Kentucky State Medical Examiner was the first to take the stand on Monday.

The medical examiner testified that her office was able to recover blood and urine from Johnson's body. Frame says they found marijuana and cocaine in his system. She says they found a lot of tears to Johnson's skin, including more than 20 on his head.

The jury was shown photos of Johnson's body and his injuries. Frame said part of Johnson's skull had been pushed in in several places........................................................................................

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #219 on: June 14, 2016, 03:22:25 PM »

Who do you believe in this case?

http://www.wtvq.com/2016/06/14/v/

Taylor testifies he witnessed Ballard beat Alex Johnson to death
by: Fadia Patterson                  Submitted: 06/14/2016-2:57pm

LEXINGTON, Ky.(WTVQ) – Robert ‘Mark’ Taylor took the stand for the first time Tuesday morning in his own defense.

Taylor is on trial and accused of murdering Alex Johnson in December 2013.  On Monday a medical examiner testified that Johnson died of blunt force trauma to the head. His body was later discovered in the Kentucky river in January 2014.

Taylor, 30, testified that Johnson was in an altercation with co-defendant, Tim Ballard when he was beaten to death. He also told the court that he tried to save his friend’s life.

Tuesday, jurors heard from several of Taylor’s friends and family who testified on his behalf.

Taylor talked about his difficult childhood being raised in Florida and Kentucky by a single mother and having a father who suffered with alcoholism.

Taylor also explained that he only got into the marijuana-selling business after his mother became sick with cancer and died. He says he was left with a mortgage, medical bills and his mother’s jewelry business to care for. After dropping out of school and working several jobs to stay afloat, Taylor says he still struggled for ...............................................................

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.