April 28, 2024, 12:20:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Missing 32 yo Lexington, KY Man Alex Johnson Last Seen Dec. 20, 2013  (Read 78641 times)
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2014, 01:10:09 AM »

Video at the link

Fundraiser Held To Support Search For Missing Lexington Man
Published: 1/09 9:50 pm
Updated: 12:39 am

The money raised at the Mellow Mushroom restaurant will help pay for a billboard that was put up in Nicholasville.

Friends said it will also help pay for search dogs that have been used.

For its part, Mellow Mushroom donated 15% of its sales Thursday to Johnson's family.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2014, 10:09:16 PM »

Video at the link

Nearly $2,700 raised to help find missing Lexington man
Updated: Fri 7:02 AM, Jan 10, 2014

Thursday night was a night of mixed emotions at Mellow Mushroom in Lexington as Alex Johnson’s family and friends came together for a benefit.

Missing person signs with Alex Johnson’s picture hung on the restaurant doors outside while on the inside, the restaurant was packed to the brim.

“We didn’t find out he was missing until Tuesday, Christmas Eve,” said Lee Johnson, Alex’s father.

“It’s really difficult. I was supposed to be coming down here to spend three weeks with Alex, not three weeks looking for Alex,” said Lisa Horobin, Alex’s girlfriend.

“All we are concentrating on is finding Alex. I haven’t been back to work since I found out about it and I’m not going back. We are not going to do anything except for work on finding Alex,” Lee Johnson explained.

After weeks of waiting, there are still no leads in the case which is why the fundraiser was held Thursday night; not only to raise money but to raise awareness to bring their missing loved one back home.

“It’s a parent’s worst nightmare. I always knew something like this would be a nightmare, I just never thought I’d be experiencing it. We are just trying to take it a day at a time. We are trying to keep our spirits up, keep hope alive and find him,” said Judy Johnson, Alex’s mother.

Along with the donations and raffle proceeds from the benefit, the manager at Mellow Mushroom says the restaurant donated 15% of Thursday night's sales. Together, the total raised was $2,693.

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2014, 12:45:32 AM »

I know anyone can put anything they want on Topix but this showed up today:

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/lexington-ky/T4TABS3MTQE1TF2D5/p2

Heard Today
United States
Reply »
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
3 hrs ago

That a neighbor called police bc Alex was being beaten by two people outside his apartment in the day he disappeared. Maybe there are no leads bc the police never responded. Interesting that the person of interest (person at the door) left ky and went to Florida after being interviewed by police. There is a reason that the only things missing is his wallet, phone and keys. He thought he was in the presence of a friend. Someone he trusted. They may have not intended for this to happen, they may have just planned to rob Alex. I knew Alex and he did not deserve this. Questions need to be answered. I wish the moron talking about UFOs was right and he'd show up with a awesome story. I like to think he jump on one of his bike and ride off, bc the alternatives make me sick to my stomach. To think this could be someone I have been around and interacted with....it makes me ill. I pray for resolution.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2014, 09:40:11 PM »

I just scanned through everything I could think of on Alex and nothing new today.  In fact, it is dead silent on his facebook page and nothing on the local news.

IMO, this is not going to end good.  I think they need to start releasing some information if they have it so this can move forward.  I can't help but think that a search needs to happen.

I read Alex was suppose to meet up with some friends later that night.  Wondering if the police have questioned all his friends.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2014, 09:55:48 PM »

Nothing new today.  Only thing on his facebook page is someone "thinks" they saw him in new mexico and then someone thinks they saw him in Somerset (which is less than 2 hours south of Lexington).

I just don't understand why the Lexington police don't give any updates on what is happening.  I understand they need to keep certain things out of the public but come on now they need to update the community on what is happening here.  If they are having no luck at all then a private investigator needs to be brought in.  I don't understand why searches in the community haven't been done yet.

Maybe he will show up in New Mexico and be o.k. or better yet in Somerset which puts him much closer to home.

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2014, 09:58:26 PM »

Oh, one thing I noticed that really doesn't make a lot of sense is his "Missing" sign has his photo without the beard.  Why did they not put a pic up with the beard along with a pic without the beard.

Just something I found strange.

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2014, 10:30:07 PM »

I stand corrected, there must be 2 signs up, one with the beard and one without:

http://www.lex18.com/news/family-friends-continue-search-for-missing-lexington-man

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2014, 06:20:11 PM »

O.K. nothing new on Alex at all.  Something is just not right about this.

The Topix posts I put out above (2 of them) the links do not work now.  When you go to the Topix-Lexington forum his whole thread is GONE!   WTH is all I can say. 

This whole thing is not adding up at all.  A grown man just vanishes without a trace.  I hope and pray he is o.k. but I am beginning to wonder if he just walked off on his own.

The police need to give an update on this.  He will never be found if someone does not come clean and tell what their thoughts are about what happened to him.  If they don't have any idea at all they need to do a press release and let everyone know.

I will keep praying for his safe return but having his Topix thread removed completely just doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling.

Maybe someone got too close to the truth or maybe the police had them to remove it.  I just don't know what to think now.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2014, 01:56:55 PM »

Still looking for information about Alex.  Came across Topix site.  He is listed at the Lexington Form again--

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/lexington-ky

After clicking on "Alex Johnson missing" topic, found the following 2 posts:
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/lexington-ky/TIAHA4IGF4076G9IC

Joe T
Louisville, KY 
3 hrs ago

Would someone in the Lexington area please let the family know about the events that led to the disappearance of Alex Johnson, 12/20/2013.

Family member
Louisville, KY 
1 hr ago

Ditto. Please. 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2014, 08:49:12 PM »

I wish there was more information on Alex's disappearance too. Where is Alex?  And who has knowledge/information that they're not forthcoming with?  If someone knows or even has suspicions, they should go talk with the police, no matter how small the matter may seem.  It may be the one clue needed.  I personally believe the truth will come out.  It may take time, but eventually someone will talk.  I feel so badly for the family and his friends.  There are those that know or even have an idea of what happened and they are sitting on it.  How cruel and how selfish.  JMHO 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2014, 09:13:41 PM »

Thanks grace-land for putting that out there about the Topix posts.  I am really surprised that this site hasn't been asked to remove the copies of the 2 posts about Alex. 

I don't know what I think about having posts removed from Topix.  Maybe, just maybe, those 2 posts could help them solve what happened to Alex.  You never  know.  I am so hoping the police made contact with the person responsible for those posts.  Would serve them right if they knew nothing about Alex and got a visit from the police or FBI. 

Yeah, Muffy, I feel so bad for his family and girlfriend and friends.  He appears to be highly loved by all who came in contact with him.  Makes you wonder why would anyone want to harm this guy (if that is what happened). 

There are only two possibilities at this point that explains what happened to Alex:  1). He has just walked away and has chosen his path without informing his family and girlfriend......OR 2). someone he knows has brought harm to him in someway and that friend/friends are cowards and can't own up to what they have done.

Those two Topix posts could be the answer and I hope someone followed up to find out just who put those posts out there and see just what they know about Alex.  JMO

Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2014, 10:33:14 AM »

Checking Topix this morning.....there are now 6 comments....nothing really new....just
that people would like an answer to this mystery.

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2014, 11:28:13 AM »

Checking Topix this morning.....there are now 6 comments....nothing really new....just
that people would like an answer to this mystery.

Good morning Mere, good to see you.

No, nothing new.  It has gone dead silent.  I just don't know what to make of all this.  I don't, at this point, understand how a responsible person as Alex seems to be just disappears off the face of the earth.

I just cannot imagine how his parents are feeling and what they are going through.  Maybe we need to start looking for him here in B.G.  IF he just walked off maybe he walked off back home.  Just a thought.

I just wish the police would give an update and maybe give a little more information about why they think his disappearance is "suspicious".  That would help a lot right now.  If they don't do something soon this is going to fall by the wayside and Alex is going to be just a "bump in the road" of other missing people.  He is an adult and if they don't find anything to support a crime here then it will be dropped and forgotten.  I would truly hate that for his family and friends.  They are so positive that he would just not walk off and who else should know better than them.

All I can do at this point is keep updating this so other people will see it and not forget.

Hope you had a great Xmas and I wish you a fantastic New Year.

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2014, 11:36:58 AM »

Here is an article that tells more about Alex, this helps to put this kind of information out there:

http://kykernel.com/2014/01/15/uk-chef-still-missing/

UK chef still missing

By Will Wright
wwright@kykernel.com

The search for a missing UK chef is continuing more than four weeks after he was reported missing to police.

Alex Johnson, a chef at the Hilary J. Boone Center, was last heard from on Dec. 20, said Lisa Horobin, his girlfriend, but no one has reported hearing from him since.

Johnson never showed up to a work meeting on the following Saturday, according to the Lexington Herald-Leader.

“None of this has made sense at all,” said Johnson’s former neighbor, Josh Holt. “He had a very good head on his shoulders.”

Lexington police spokesman Sherelle Roberts said the search began after Johnson was reported missing on Dec. 20, and will continue until he is found.

In addition to the police search, a Facebook page, titled “Find Alex Johnson,” has been created to build awareness of his being missing.

Here is some more of the article:

..................."Johnson is an athlete and an outdoorsman who spends much of his free time hiking in places like the Red River Gorge.

“He loved to camp and hike, he loved the Gorge,” Horobin said. “We even camped out in the national parks in Yellowstone.”

In spring of 2013, Johnson completed the Redbud Ride, a more than 100-mile bicycle race.

Johnson is as kind as he is active, Horobin said, and he is well liked by people who knew him.

“He has a lot of really good friends. He’s just a really good guy,” Horobin said. “He would help anyone out at the drop of a hat, no questions asked.”"

Now this is the kind of information they need to get out there.  Good article.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2014, 11:46:25 PM »

http://www.wkyt.com/news/headlines/Friends-plan-to-mark-missing-Lexington-mans-birthday-240221351.html

Friends plan event to mark missing Lexington man's birthday
Posted: Tue 11:48 PM, Jan 14, 2014

LEXINGTON, Ky. (WKYT) - Nearly a month after his disappearance, there's still no sign of Alex Johnson.

Johnson hasn't been seen or heard from since December 20. He turns 33 on January 16 and his friends plan to hold a birthday celebration in his honor.

The event at Blue Stallion Brewing Company will include a balloon release and vigil.

Johnson's friends say they want to keep his name and face out there in order to bring him home.

The event begins at 7:00 p.m. on January 16. 
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2014, 11:49:41 PM »

Happy Birthday, Alex! 

https://www.facebook.com/FindAlexJohnson

Find Alex Johnson
11 hours ago

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2014, 06:30:05 PM »

Happy Birthday, Alex! 

Find Alex Johnson
11 hours ago

Happy Birthday Alex.

Here's hoping you come home soon.

If you are out there please contact your family.

If someone knows what happened to Alex please, please call the Lexington police so Alex's family and friends have the answers they need.

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2014, 06:38:12 PM »

Find Alex Johnson Facebook page:

BUMP.....................................

Nothing new on locating Alex.  I wish so much that his parents didn't have to go through this.  With no new news and the police are not releasing any information I am afraid this is going to become a missing adult who does not want to be found.

It is becoming very silent and when that happens they just become a statistic along with so many others.

I wish someone like Clinton Nelson's mother would make contact with Alex's girlfriend or parents, maybe they can console them some.

I hope he is found soon.  Prayers to the family and his girlfriend.

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2014, 09:46:23 PM »

I had not read this poster on Alex, it was posted on Transylvania Facebook site on Jan 3:

https://www.facebook.com/TransylvaniaUniversityAlumni?hc_location=timeline

"Find Alex Johnson
Please share this on your page no matter your location & like the Find Alex Johnson– we need as much exposure as possible!

Alex Johnson (graduate of Transylvania) has been missing since 8:40pm on the Friday, December 20. He is now listed in the NCIC database as a missing person. We are desperate for any information about his whereabouts and deeply concerned for his safety.

Please call Lexington Division of Police tip line if you have any info on Alex. You can see pictures of Alex with and without his epic beard on the Find Alex Johnson page"

I didn't realize he was in the NCIC database and listed as missing.  I wouldn't think he would be listed in that database if the police thought he just walked away.  I would think that the police would have done an update on the investigation before now.  It has been a month since he vanished.

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2014, 11:36:56 PM »

Nothing new today on Alex Johnson.  I see the police are going to give an update on Talika.  I am just wondering why the police are not giving an update on Alex.  If his disappearance is suspect then why not at least tell everyone they have some info to go on OR they don't have anything at all.

Someone asked on his facebook page if there were any searches being planned and the answer was the police are still searching.  I am just guessing that the longer this goes on the least likely it is that a search would do any good.  I just don't understand why a search hasn't been done before now.  They checked the Kentucky river----Why?  They must have had some kind of information that led them there, it is at least 16 miles from Lexington, a good distance.

I will continue to keep his family and friends in my prayers.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.