September 20, 2024, 08:56:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Missing 32 yo Lexington, KY Man Alex Johnson Last Seen Dec. 20, 2013  (Read 80973 times)
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

Good grief! It's Charlie Brown.

« Reply #120 on: January 24, 2014, 03:52:54 PM »

Search has ended. No confirmation on what was found.

http://www.wlextv.com/news/search-ends-in-kentucky-river-homicide-investigation/

I remember you, Caylee.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #121 on: January 24, 2014, 04:01:09 PM »

This might be the bridge...looking at it from the bar

http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/riptide-restaurant-bar-lexington?select=gxqVI9S_NHvD__CWNjOqAQ#gxqVI9S_NHvD__CWNjOqAQ

Uploaded May 19, 2013
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #122 on: January 24, 2014, 04:01:23 PM »

Thanks.

I wonder if they found him.  See this facebook posting and picture that Alex's sister Caycee put up.  It absolutely broke my heart for her.  Someone asked if they found him, no one answered.

https://www.facebook.com/FindAlexJohnson

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #123 on: January 24, 2014, 04:06:20 PM »

According to this they did find what they were looking for:    (BBM)

Search Ends In Kentucky River Homicide Investigation

Lexington Police have confirmed they found what they were searching for in the Kentucky River Friday afternoon. They did not clarify what they were looking for, but the coroner's office had been called out to the scene.

The Fayette County Coroner's Office confirms they were called out to the Kentucky River near Riptide Restaurant Bar where Lexington Police were conducting a search related to a homicide investigation.

Lexington Police did not release many details about the search and did not say what case the search was connected with, but did say it is connected to an ongoing homicide investigation.............................

http://www.wlextv.com/news/search-ends-in-kentucky-river-homicide-investigation/

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #124 on: January 24, 2014, 04:12:42 PM »

I can't tell from the article what evidence was found.

http://www.kentucky.com/2014/01/24/3050518/lexington-police-fire-searching.html

Police: Evidence in Lexington homicide case recovered from Kentucky River
January 24, 2014 Updated 33 minutes ago

Lexington police say crews that dove into the Kentucky River Friday afternoon recovered evidence related to a homicide investigation.

Lt. Brian Maynard, who works in robbery and homicide, said the department's forensics unit took the evidence and will examine it. Police did not say what the evidence is.

Crews had gathered near the Clays Ferry exit of Interstate 75 early Friday in preparation for their search. A Lexington fire department dive team went under water around 3 p.m. and found the evidence in about 15 minutes. The evidence was in about four feet of water near the shore, Maynard said.

Police spokeswoman Sherelle Roberts said about 24 people from the police and fire department had been at the Kentucky River since about 8 a.m. The Fayette County Coroner also was on the scene.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #125 on: January 24, 2014, 04:24:06 PM »

Find Alex Johnson
about an hour ago

My big brother on his graduation day in 2005 from Transy. He was the sweetest, kindest brother anyone could have had. I couldn't have adored or loved him more. May he forever rest in peace. We miss you, Alejandro. Our hearts are forever broken without you.

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #126 on: January 24, 2014, 04:35:45 PM »

What kind of evidence does a coroner examine?

http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/Lexington-police-coroner-back-at-scene-of-Alex-Johnson-search-241827131.html

Evidence found in homicide case near search scene for Alex Johnson
Updated: Fri 4:34 PM, Jan 24, 2014

LEXINGTON, Ky. (WKYT) - Lexington police and the Fayette County coroner have now cleared the scene of an investigation along the Kentucky River after the tell us divers recovered evidence connected to an on-going homicide investigation.

Investigators tell us the coroner will now be examining that evidence .........................................

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #127 on: January 24, 2014, 04:57:22 PM »

Thanks.

I wonder if they found him.  See this facebook posting and picture that Alex's sister Caycee put up.  It absolutely broke my heart for her.  Someone asked if they found him, no one answered.

Did you see the following response?

Jennifer Gray I don't no him and my heart is broken too for his family I could not do without my brother in my life
1 · 2 hours ago

Find Alex Johnson There's nothing like a brother. Hug yours a little longer for me. Thank you for your kind words.
26 · 2 hours ago

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #128 on: January 24, 2014, 05:02:26 PM »

Thanks.

Jennifer Gray I don't no him and my heart is broken too for his family I could not do without my brother in my life
1 · 2 hours ago

Find Alex Johnson There's nothing like a brother. Hug yours a little longer for me. Thank you for your kind words.
26 · 2 hours ago

Yeah, I read that.  She is such a pretty person and looks so happy with her big brother.  How awful for this family.  Why does things like this have to happen?  I just don't understand.  No matter what the circumstances are he did not deserve to die. 

I continue to pray that they find comfort with each other and with their memories of their son/brother/boyfriend/ friend.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #129 on: January 24, 2014, 05:33:21 PM »

Thanks.

1 · 2 hours ago

26 · 2 hours ago

Yeah, I read that.  She is such a pretty person and looks so happy with her big brother.  How awful for this family.  Why does things like this have to happen?  I just don't understand.  No matter what the circumstances are he did not deserve to die. 

I continue to pray that they find comfort with each other and with their memories of their son/brother/boyfriend/ friend.

an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #130 on: January 24, 2014, 05:55:56 PM »

http://www.wkyt.com/news/headlines/Lexington-police-coroner-back-at-scene-of-Alex-Johnson-search-241827131.html

Body found near search scene for Alex Johnson
Updated: Fri 5:53 PM, Jan 24, 2014

The Fayette County Coroner confirms evidence recovered from the Kentucky River Friday afternoon is a body. Lexington Police removed the body from the river as part of an on-going homicide investigation.

The coroner did not release the name of the person or a cause of death. The body has been taken to the State Medical Examiner's Office in Frankfort.

Police blocked off an area along Old Richmond Road leading to the river for most of the day.

Just a few weeks ago, police and Lexington firefighters searched the river in the same area for the body of Alex Johnson. The Lexington man disappeared from his North Hanover Street home on December 20th. ...........................

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #131 on: January 24, 2014, 05:57:59 PM »

I don't know what to say.  I so wanted him to have just run off.

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #132 on: January 24, 2014, 06:02:09 PM »

http://www.wkyt.com/news/headlines/Lexington-police-coroner-back-at-scene-of-Alex-Johnson-search-241827131.html

Coroner Releases More Information In Kentucky River Search

The Fayette County Coroner's office said Friday evening a person was pronounced dead at the scene of a search in the Kentucky River in connection to a homicide investigation.

The cause of death and an identity are listed as pending. The Coroner's Office said more information will be released Saturday.

Lexington Police said earlier Friday they found what they were searching for in the Kentucky River Friday afternoon, but did not clarify what that was. However, the coroner's office had been called out to the scene on the Kentucky River off Old Richmond Road near Riptide Restaurant Bar.

Lexington Police did not release many details about the search and did not say what case the search was connected with, but did say it is connected to an ongoing homicide investigation.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #133 on: January 24, 2014, 06:06:52 PM »

Thanks.

1 · 2 hours ago

26 · 2 hours ago

an angelic monkey

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #134 on: January 24, 2014, 06:35:58 PM »

It's so sad isn't it?  I was holding on to the last ounce of hope...maybe...somehow... it will have a happy ending.  Sad
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #135 on: January 24, 2014, 07:01:46 PM »

It's so sad isn't it?  I was holding on to the last ounce of hope...maybe...somehow... it will have a happy ending.  Sad

It is sad.  It is just breaking my heart into.  I still follow Natalee but it took me a long time not to be consumed by her disappearance.  I just did not want to get involved as much as I had with Natalee but this one hit so close to home.

There are so many disappearances in this world and lots have happy endings but the majority do not.  I look at Beth and I knew in my heart I did not want to see another family live with knowledge that they cannot bring their child home.  The Johnsons will be able to bring their child home now (Thank GOD).  I just wish it had been different for Beth and Dave.

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #136 on: January 24, 2014, 11:43:29 PM »

You know, I have to give a lot of credit to Alex's girlfriend and family.  They shared everything about Alex to the public.  They showed how much he was loved by taking to Facebook.  They defined him before the public or courts could define him in their twisted way.  Now, no matter what bad comes out of this it doesn't matter.  They shared him with all of us and we feel like we know him now.  He was someone's son, friend, boyfriend and he was loved.

Social media takes on a whole new meaning in cases like this.

Thanks for letting us know who Alex was and not allowing the media, public or courts to do it.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #137 on: January 25, 2014, 12:06:15 AM »

You know, I have to give a lot of credit to Alex's girlfriend and family.  They shared everything about Alex to the public.  They showed how much he was loved by taking to Facebook.  They defined him before the public or courts could define him in their twisted way.  Now, no matter what bad comes out of this it doesn't matter.  They shared him with all of us and we feel like we know him now.  He was someone's son, friend, boyfriend and he was loved.

Social media takes on a whole new meaning in cases like this.

Thanks for letting us know who Alex was and not allowing the media, public or courts to do it.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #138 on: January 25, 2014, 12:11:00 AM »

Some information about MT

http://www.kentucky.com/2014/01/23/3048442/suspect-wanted-in-missing-lexington.html

Suspect wanted for murder in case of missing Lexington man is arrested in Texas
January 23, 2014

Ballard's connection to Taylor also is unclear.

According to court documents and interviews with friends, Taylor has lived in both Florida and Kentucky.

In 1998, Taylor, then 13, moved in with his grandmother, who received guardianship of him that August. Taylor, who had lived with his mother in Saint Petersburg, Fla., moved to Lexington to "receive a good education and home life," according to court documents.

He attended Tates Creek Middle School and lived with his grandmother for a year in her two-story brick home near Tates Creek Road. His mother died in 2007, and his grandmother died in 2009.

Taylor's uncle Howard Spurr told the Herald-Leader that his nephew was raised by "a lot of people" and spent most of his life in Florida.

"It's a sad situation," Spurr said of his nephew's arrest.

Until Thursday's arrest, Taylor had not faced more than minor traffic offenses, according to Fayette County court records.

It's unclear where Taylor worked. David Jones, owner of Soundbar on South Limestone, said Taylor was a "part-time employee of Soundbar during a portion of the calendar year 2012. His employment with Soundbar began and ended in 2012."

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #139 on: January 25, 2014, 12:08:01 PM »

There is a press conference today.  I haven't been able to find out what time.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.