April 19, 2024, 12:17:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Illegal Immigration v. NSA Spying  (Read 1486 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: January 02, 2014, 11:38:02 PM »

The ruling that an unlawful immigrant can be admitted to the practice of law in California is the kind of thing that will light up talk-show switchboards, and rightly so. But beyond the Bizarro World nature of the decision is a broader issue.

This is only the latest in a series of measures by some jurisdictions to normalize illegal immigration — giving illegal immigrants driver’s licenses; issuing them ersatz Social Security numbers (called Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers or ITINs) by the IRS to enable them to file tax returns and open bank accounts; barring police departments from cooperating with immigration authorities when they arrest illegal aliens. The question to ask supporters of such measures is this: Will you be in favor of barring driver’s licenses for illegals after an amnesty? Will you support prohibiting illegal aliens from being admitted to the bar after an amnesty? Will you support deporting illegal aliens after an amnesty?

The answer, of course, is “no.” Some sense of the anti-enforcement crowd’s thinking can be seen in the Schumer-Rubio bill’s worker-verification requirement (the new, improved version of E-Verify that it mandates). The mandate to check new hires would be phased in over five years, starting with the largest employers (though, of course, Obama or his successor might just delay that mandate, too). But at the end of that process, when all eligible illegals would have already received provisional legal status, and thus the right to work, the bill does not require verification of existing workers who were hired before the mandate. This is not an accident; such a retroactive verification mandate at the end of a phase-in period has been included in earlier E-Verify bills. The reason for the omission is to ensure that even after the amnesty, the remaining illegals who didn’t qualify avoid exposure, queuing them up for the next amnesty.

read more here - http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/367431/defining-immigration-deviancy-down-mark-krikorian

When does illegal immigration end?

Why haven't they built better border security like they've provided for the NSA? 

Why isn't border security as important as recording and saving emails, phone calls, and hacking?

If they can snoop, why aren't they securing the border with the same effort?  Catching and deporting illegals?

What's wrong with this picture?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 11:47:57 PM »

"Amnesty Advocates Don't Want to be Seen as Mean"

How in the same of Sam Hill can an illegal alien -- by definition, illegal, in violation of the law...? Look, you may not like it.  Some people might think that it's not nice, and some people might think that it isn't fair, but there's a law against immigrating to the country illegally, and if you do that, you have broken the law.  That's why you are an illegal immigrant, illegal alien -- or, better stated, "unregistered Democrat voter," 'cause that's what they really are: an undocumented Democrat.

So now in California, you have an illegal alien -- by definition, a criminal -- and you see just by saying that, I guarantee, my saying that has caused leftists who listen to this program to absolutely go into orbit.  "They're not criminals!  They're people being shut out by people like you. They're people being denied their chance to improve their life. They're people like you because you're a racist and you're a pig and you don't want people like that in the country."  It's not that. It's simply that we have immigration law!  It matters.

The law exists for a reason.  There is a dominant American culture that people used to want to preserve.  That's going by the wayside, too.  But if it's now okay for an illegal alien to practice law in California, then can anybody else who's broken the law get a law license?  And if not, why not?  Why are they gonna be discriminated against?  What if Frank the Felon decides that he wants to become a lawyer and cites Sergio Garcia here?

Well, Sergio may not be a felon.  He's just an legal alien and so forth.  But, folks, this is how you water down borders. It's how you water down standards, you water down every line of separation.  Sometimes they're needed.  But the root in this, in the support for this among the low-information voter, is, "Yeah, this is so nice. We support this, 'cause this is nice. This man just wants to be a lawyer, and who are we to deny him?  Who are we to say he can't be a lawyer?"

Legal criminals will be second-class citizens in America.  (interruption)What is a legal criminal? (interruption) Oh.  Oh.  Oh. (interruption)  It's a criminal here legally so you... (interruption) No, no.  No, no.  You're here illegally, but you're here, so you're a criminal legally, a legal criminal. Instead of an illegal alien you're a legal criminal.  Is that what you're saying? (interruption) Right. (interruption) Oh.  (interruption) Well, is that true, can your average Joe Blow, born in America, who has broken the law, not get a law license?

Is that right? (interruption) A native born American who has broken the law can't get a law license, but an illegal alien criminal can.  So now a legal American criminal is a second-class citizen.  That could well be.  I don't know.  "California Illegal Immigrants Can Get Law License, State Supreme Court Rules."  Really all you need to know here is the headline, and I'm telling you, forget the lawyers on the Supreme Court.
Emphasis added.

read more here - http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2014/01/02/amnesty_advocates_don_t_want_to_be_seen_as_mean

The American citizen doesn't matter anymore...it seems to be all about criminals running the nation and stealing from others.

just my humble opinion

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.