April 25, 2024, 07:59:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lily Nichole Johnson (14) Kidnapped George County, MS 1/1/2014  (Read 9183 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« on: January 03, 2014, 01:32:19 AM »

http://www.wlox.com/story/24350100/breaking-news-search-on-for-kidnapped-george-county-teen

BREAKING NEWS: Search on for kidnapped George County teen
Posted: Jan 02, 2014 3:36 PM CST Updated: Jan 02, 2014 5:42 PM CST
By WLOX Staff - email

Kenneth Shane Fountain. Image source: George County Sheriff's Office.

Lily Nichole Johnson. Image source: George County Sheriff's Office.

GEORGE COUNTY, MS (WLOX) -

The George County Sheriff's Office is asking for your help to find a young girl that they believe could be in danger. Captain Ben Brown said Lily Nichole Johnson, 14, has been kidnapped. Capt. Brown believes Johnson was kidnapped by Kenneth Shane Fountain, 19.

According to authorities, Fountain's last known address is 2750 Gill Road in Mobile, AL, and he may have family in that area. Brown said Fountain is 5'11" and weighs about 156 pounds with short brown hair and brown eyes.

Lily is 5'2" and weighs about 95 pounds with blue eyes and long light brown hair. Brown said she is asthmatic and needs an inhaler as well as other treatments.

If you have any information about the whereabouts of these two people please contact the George County Sheriff's Office at 601-947-4811 or after hours at 601-947-9156. You can also contact MS Coast Crime Stoppers at 1-877-787-5898 for a possible cash reward of up to $1,000.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 01:34:13 AM »

http://www.sunherald.com/2014/01/02/5229802/authorities-ask-for-help-finding.html

Authorities ask for help finding kidnapped George County girl

By PATRICK OCHS

pochs@sunherald.comJanuary 2, 2014 Updated 2 hours ago

GEORGE COUNTY -- Authorities are asking for help to find 14-year-old Lily Nichole Johnson, Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Shonna Pierce said.

Pierce said Kenneth Shane Fountain, 19, of Mobile, is accused of kidnapping Lily on Wednesday night from her family's residence in George County.

Lily is 5-foot-2, 95 pounds with blue eyes and long light-brown hair and was last seen wearing her pajamas. Pierce said Lily is asthmatic and is on other medications, which she does not have with her.

Fountain, who goes by Shane, is 5-foot-11, 156 pounds with short brown hair and brown eyes.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 01:38:26 AM »

http://blog.gulflive.com/mississippi-press-news/2014/01/george_county_sheriff_seeking.html

George County sheriff seeking public's help in finding girl kidnapped by Mobile man

By Warren Kulo | GulfLive.com
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on January 02, 2014 at 3:23 PM, updated January 02, 2014 at 3:40 PM

LUCEDALE, Mississippi --  George County authorities are seeking the public's assistance in locating a missing George County teen possibly kidnapped by a 19-year-old Mobile man.

George County Sheriff's Office investigator Capt. Ben Brown said 14-year-old Lily Nicole Johnson was kidnapped by Kenneth Shane Fountain (he goes by Shane), whose last known address is 2750 Gill Road in Mobile. He is a white male described as 5-11, 156 pounds with short brown hair and brown eyes.

Johnson is described as 5-2 and 95 pounds with blue eyes and long light brown hair. She is asthmatic and needs an inhaler and is on other medications that she does not have with her.

Johnson was last seen at her residence in George County by her family and disappeared during the night. She was last seen wearing her pajamas.

GCSO spokesperson Shonna Pierce said investigators are certain Johnson did not go willingly with Fountain, who may have been "infatuated" with the girl.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 03:22:34 AM »

She's safe!   

http://www.sunherald.com/2014/01/03/5232048/george-county-authorities-still.html

Police find Lily Johnson in Mobile; man may be charged with kidnapping
Man may be charged with kidnapping

By PATRICK OCHS

pochs@sunherald.comJanuary 3, 2014 Updated 4 hours ago

MOBILE -- A manhunt that spanned several days ended Friday evening with the safe return of 14-year-old Lily Nichole Johnson, George County sheriff's spokeswoman Shonna Pierce said.

Through a collaborative effort with the Mobile Police Department, George County Sheriff's Office and U.S. marshals, Pierce said authorities were able to sift through many tips called in and find Lily and her alleged kidnapper, Kenneth Shane Fountain, 19, in Mobile.

"We were checking out every known address he had ever visited," Pierce said. "This particular address was one we checked out. We thought he might have her there."

Pierce said U.S. marshals contacted one of the people they suspected of helping Fountain and told them "they were going to be filing federal charges against them for aiding and abetting. At that point they gave up the location they thought Fountain was. Mobile P.D. rushed the house and took him into custody."

Pierce said Lily was reunited with her family Friday night and Fountain is expected to be charged with kidnapping.

Pierce said she does not know if the two knew one another prior to her reported disappearance Wednesday.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 03:28:42 AM »

An earlier article, before Lily was found, with more details.

http://blog.gulflive.com/mississippi-press-news/2014/01/search_for_lily_johnson_contin.html

Search for Lily Johnson continues, George County authorities seek credible leads

By April M. Havens | ahavens@al.com
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on January 03, 2014 at 11:14 AM, updated January 03, 2014 at 11:30 AM

LUCEDALE, Mississippi -- More than 100 leads have poured in to the George County Sheriff's Department after authorities there asked for help in locating a kidnapped 14-year-old girl, but none have gotten them closer to the teen.

"We ran out of credible leads," said Capt. Ben Brown, lead investigator on the case. "Phones have been turned off. Facebook accounts were deleted."

Authorities believe Lily Nicole Johnson, an eighth grade student at George County Middle School, has been kidnapped by 19-year-old Kenneth Shane Fountain, a Mobile native who has lived in various spots in George County.

The sheriff's office has enlisted the help of the U.S. Marshals and the FBI Task Force, and the Mississippi Bureau of Investigation is on standby.

Investigators aren't sure yet if she willingly left with Fountain or if she was coerced by the older teen.

"It could go either way," Brown said this morning, looking at the stack of new leads and messages to return sitting on his desk.

Brown said even if Johnson left willingly, Fountain could still face a kidnapping charge because of Johnson's young age.

"If you take anyone under the age of 16 without their guardian's consent and don't bring them back, it's kidnapping in Mississippi," he said. "And there might be another criminal case that comes out of this."

Authorities believe Johnson left through a window in her Rocky Creek home late Monday night or early Tuesday morning. Johnson lives there with her grandparents, who have custody.

Authorities believe Johnson is with Fountain because a family member spoke to both of them on a phone call after the incident.

When requested through Brown, the family declined comment.

"They're just too shook up to talk about it right now," Brown said.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2014, 08:00:59 AM »

It's good that Lily Johnson as been found safe.  She may have gone willingly with Kenneth Fountain or she may have been coerced, according to the articles.  He could face charges either way, according to the snipped article below.  He was nineteen and she was a fourteen year old in the eighth grade.     I hope she's able to get her life back on track and she and her family can get some help to recover from this.

http://blog.gulflive.com/mississippi-press-news/2014/01/search_for_lily_johnson_contin.html
Search for Lily Johnson continues, George County authorities seek credible leads

Brown said even if Johnson left willingly, Fountain could still face a kidnapping charge because of Johnson's young age.

"If you take anyone under the age of 16 without their guardian's consent and don't bring them back, it's kidnapping in Mississippi," he said. "And there might be another criminal case that comes out of this."

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2014, 10:33:09 AM »

I am either blind or lost...I can't see that she was found safe. ??

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2014, 02:09:19 PM »

I am either blind or lost...I can't see that she was found safe. ??

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=14995.msg1582204#msg1582204

http://www.sunherald.com/2014/01/03/5232048/george-county-authorities-still.html

Police find Lily Johnson in Mobile; man may be charged with kidnapping
Man may be charged with kidnapping

By PATRICK OCHS

pochs@sunherald.comJanuary 3, 2014 Updated 4 hours ago

MOBILE -- A manhunt that spanned several days ended Friday evening with the safe return of 14-year-old Lily Nichole Johnson, George County sheriff's spokeswoman Shonna Pierce said.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.