April 25, 2024, 02:39:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN # 13 - 6/20/05  (Read 234383 times)
puggywug
Scared Monkey

« Reply #720 on: June 20, 2005, 04:41:57 PM »

Quote from: "KerinTX"
OK....just finished reading the last 10 pages for the few tidbits of new information.

So sad that our friends MBHS and AmericanInAruba are feeling such pressure when they have been such wonderful sources of updates and facts.

It's been rough today.  Crying or Very sad

A Pug in a monkey Suit!
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #721 on: June 20, 2005, 04:43:22 PM »

Quote from: "Shellbell"
Hello Kerin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  HAvent missed anything today.  Seems like all the good posts come when I am asleep.  Just bickering with trolls.

Hey Shell. Yeah we had some interesting things being thrown around last night but unfortunately today seems to be slow as far as new developments which I am sure is very disheartening to the Holloways.

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
LilOrphan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #722 on: June 20, 2005, 04:44:05 PM »

Quote from: "dragonfly"
Quote from: "ceebeegee"
This is my first post!  I have been reading everything I can find on this case since the beginning, and I have some questions.  Why if Joran was obviously given LOTS of freedom from his parents did he not just take Natalee back to his own apartment to do whatever he had in mind (probably not killing her)?  Also, I have read that the 3 guys and Natalee stopped at another bar after leaving C & C's.  What is the name of that bar, and has anyone talked with the people there?  If she was okay when she left C & C's, things may have turned bad at bar #2.

I'm not quite sure why they didn't take her to Joran's house unless that was not where she wanted to go.  Maybe they really were taking her someplace she wanted to see, but things went bad from there.  I don't think they went to another bar after that.

It seems there must be official suspicion she went to his apartment with him whether willingly or unwillingly, and there's some speculation to that effect, right?
inspector_detector
Scared Monkey

« Reply #723 on: June 20, 2005, 04:44:13 PM »

This is my first post!  I have been reading everything I can find on this case since the beginning, and I have some questions.  Why if Joran was obviously given LOTS of freedom from his parents did he not just take Natalee back to his own apartment to do whatever he had in mind (probably not killing her)?  Also, I have read that the 3 guys and Natalee stopped at another bar after leaving C & C's.  What is the name of that bar, and has anyone talked with the people there?  If she was okay when she left C & C's, things may have turned bad at bar #2.

That's the first time I've heard of the 2nd bar. I was under the impression all the bars closed at 1:00 am. Rolling Eyes
americaninaruba
Scared Monkey

« Reply #724 on: June 20, 2005, 04:44:29 PM »

Quote from: "someone"
I don't post much but I would like to say something briefly.  For all of the people questiong if an aruban in america would be treated the same way as Natalee's case is being treated in aruba...

I guess the easiest way to answer that question is...no...probably not.  Americans do not have the same vested interest in Aruba as vice-versa.  A large majority of their economy is solely dependent on American tourism...while the reverse is not true.  Yes, America has millions of crimes every year but compare the size and population densities of the two countries being compared here.

Aruba depends on American tourists...they have to find answers

we dotn want to compare the crime with ALL of america..lets just take washigntons Crime rate ( Aruba is about the size of WAshignton) then compare....???????

Just when you think you've hit rock bottom,someone throws you a shovel
rogers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #725 on: June 20, 2005, 04:44:35 PM »

Hey all. The story has been pressure enough, real life has intruded and the jerks have gotten to me.  I'm taking breaks from this site and recommen others do as well.

Just remember that this site has been the place where we have met many great and caring people.  More of them than the other kind.
someone
Scared Monkey

« Reply #726 on: June 20, 2005, 04:44:41 PM »

Quote from: "mbhs05"
Quote from: "devilsadvocate"
Quote from: "DONTGETEXCITED"
RUMOR SPECULATION
THEORY WHATEVER.
ITS NOT THE HITLER SITE WHERE WE ALL MUST THINK AND DO ALIKE OR GET KICKED OUT.

Um I don't know...but she didn't have romantic ties to any of them, so that isn't even relevant. The guys in our grade aren't these horomonal wolves...she's one of the prettiest girls in our grade, but here almost eveyrone is pretty.

Almost everyone here is pretty?  Honestly...don't take it to far.  That's pretty absurd
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #727 on: June 20, 2005, 04:44:51 PM »

Quote from: "Angiex911dsptchr"
Quote from: "Another K in Texas"
AIA, given the rude behavior of about five new posters, I don't blame you.

These trolls are ruining a great forum because of their attacks.  There are other places if they want to attack everyone and everything.

Way to go 05, hang in there and don't let them drive you away.

AIB, could you e-mail Tom or Red with what you are hearing at least, even if you don't want to share it here.

I am a new poster and hope I am not considered in the ATTACKS.. I havnt done so.. Maybe I was better off just sitting and reading and not typing anything.. !! I have been reading.. and read arguments and attacks.. everyone SHOULD be kind to one another and have RESPECT.. thats IMO... I still think that alot of people need to TAKE A BREAK..IMO only again..  Get some rest.. everyone stop attacking one another...and if poeple are going to make remarks about "NEW" people ...cant you use the persons name insteadof making us new people feel guilty like we have said something wrong??  Just a thought..

Hi Angie...welcome to the forum! We were all new once.  Very Happy Did you post anything that has not been answered because there are some great sources in here right now.

I did post one question earlier Karin.. it was answered.. and I joined today finally..lol  But it dont seem like it was a good day to do so..alot of bickering.. and I dont like that.. I am not a fight cat kind of girl..and when comments are being made about new people attacking or being trolls.. Io guess i take it to heart since I have only joined today!! I am here for the same reason as everyone else.. for the safe return of NH.. or at LEAST to find out what happend..and to pray for her family and friends. Not here to bash or pick on people or their opinions.. I have my own.. !!
dragonfly
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #728 on: June 20, 2005, 04:44:59 PM »

Hello Kerin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  HAvent missed anything today.  Seems like all the good posts come when I am asleep.  Just bickering with trolls.

Hey Shell. Yeah we had some interesting things being thrown around last night but unfortunately today seems to be slow as far as new developments which I am sure is very disheartening to the Holloways.

Well, although things are slow, there is the fact that they are detaining Croes for 8 more days and the report that daddy VDS has been suspended.  Both make me very happy.
---
Scared Monkey

« Reply #729 on: June 20, 2005, 04:45:20 PM »

hey guys
someone
Scared Monkey

« Reply #730 on: June 20, 2005, 04:46:10 PM »

Quote from: "americaninaruba"
I don't post much but I would like to say something briefly.  For all of the people questiong if an aruban in america would be treated the same way as Natalee's case is being treated in aruba...

I guess the easiest way to answer that question is...no...probably not.  Americans do not have the same vested interest in Aruba as vice-versa.  A large majority of their economy is solely dependent on American tourism...while the reverse is not true.  Yes, America has millions of crimes every year but compare the size and population densities of the two countries being compared here.

we dotn want to compare the crime with ALL of america..lets just take washigntons Crime rate ( Aruba is about the size of WAshignton) then compare....???????

But that's not the point I was making.   Yes they are similar in size, but Washington DC does not economically depend on Aruba. That's why there is so much pressure
dragonfly
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #731 on: June 20, 2005, 04:46:32 PM »

Quote from: "LilOrphan"

I'm not quite sure why they didn't take her to Joran's house unless that was not where she wanted to go.  Maybe they really were taking her someplace she wanted to see, but things went bad from there.  I don't think they went to another bar after that.

It seems there must be official suspicion she went to his apartment with him whether willingly or unwillingly, and there's some speculation to that effect, right?

I don't know that I've heard speculation that she went to his apartment.  If there is any speculation to that affect, I must have missed it.
Ting
Scared Monkey

« Reply #732 on: June 20, 2005, 04:46:38 PM »

Since news is in a lull, I will now have the kindness to give all the parents some advice.

If the mods think it's off topic, they can yell at me or move it.

Regarding teens and the internet, there is no program, no lock, and no rules that can hold a candle to teaching your child, long before the teen years, to always, always, ALWAYS keep real name, location, phone number, any contact info, private. Use nicknames, fictional towns, planets, leave it blank. And DO NOT post photos of themselves, you their little sister, the house etc.

On the internet, you never know to whom you are speaking, whether you are 9 or 90, and you certainly don't know who else might have or gain access to that person's computer with or without their authorization.

Even if your child is chatting with Charles Manson, as long as Charles is chatting with funbot97 from the planet Ratdog, who does not divulge any personal contact info whatsoever, your child, and the rest of your family, are safe from bodily harm at Charles' hands.

I know that kids today like to use the net to chat with schoolmates and friends. They like to go to the mall and the park with friends, too, but would they go there wearing a t-shirt that had their name, address and phone number printed on it?

The internet is a public place, just like the mall, but more so. Much more so.

Teach your kids to use the telephone to chat with friends, or email if they must, but in chat rooms, on message boards, etc, I don't care how private they are, or if all the other kids are using their real names and/or confirming their real life identities, your kids should not be. Neither should the other kids but you have a better chance with your own Smile

Now enjoy arguing about this while we wait for news.
jagz2u
Scared Monkey

« Reply #733 on: June 20, 2005, 04:47:09 PM »

Quote from: "---"
hey guys

love your screen name., lol
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #734 on: June 20, 2005, 04:47:14 PM »

Quote from: "puggywug"
OK....just finished reading the last 10 pages for the few tidbits of new information.

So sad that our friends MBHS and AmericanInAruba are feeling such pressure when they have been such wonderful sources of updates and facts.

It's been rough today.  Crying or Very sad

Puggy...that's obvious and so sad. MBHS is just stating her feelings on the friend "she" knows and AIA seems to be taking attacks for simply living in what some consider to be the "wrong place".

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #735 on: June 20, 2005, 04:47:23 PM »

Quote from: "americaninaruba"

But that's not the point I was making.   Yes they are similar in size, but Washington DC does not economically depend on Aruba. That's why there is so much pressure

No where close in population.
Kkial
Scared Monkey

« Reply #736 on: June 20, 2005, 04:47:24 PM »

From Dans blog, has anyone heard this?

The radio did not report they confessed to killing Natalee. That was a seperate report in which Joran reportedly confessed that "something bad happened". The radio reported she was dead on June 11 and they were confirming it with their source. Then we learn that Steve Croes is the nephew of one of the commentators on that radio stations,

Posted by: Island Hopper | June 20, 2005 12:48 PM

Shell, he had a great post yesterday on Dans blog..I put the link on last nite...re other names..

ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH AND NEVER HAVE TO REMEMBER
Catriana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #737 on: June 20, 2005, 04:47:39 PM »

WARNING......  DO NOT RESPOND TO TROLLS.

If you do not know what a troll is, see the TOP NOTE in the Natalee Holloway folder or PM me and I'll send you the information.

IF you are bothered by something that another poster has to say, IGNORE THEM.  Do NOT respond.  Do not discuss it openly.   If you give them the attention they seek, they will just become more obnoxious.

And FYI, it's not possible to BAN everyone.

Now, can't we all just try to get along and ignore the trolls?

Summaries Available at Tom and Red's Weblog   www.scaredmonkeys.com [/i]
bhardy1956
Scared Monkey

« Reply #738 on: June 20, 2005, 04:48:01 PM »

I think, IMO, that Natalee was thinking that they were just going to take her to the HI and then she and Joran would party with her friends.  I really don't think she wanted to go to the beach at the lighthouse (if what they said is true), she didn't want to see anything else on that island.  I think she was just wanting to hang out with her friends for awhile, before she retired for the night.  That is why I think that the 3 of them know everything about her disappearance.  The did NOT drop her off at her hotel.

Beth
bendex
Scared Monkey

« Reply #739 on: June 20, 2005, 04:48:06 PM »

HI all,

when came this max arendt figure in the story ?

when came renee hanniken figure came up in the story ?

and does it sounds strange that the purse of natalee was found with money in her hotel ? has this been discussed ?

Only the facts
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.