April 26, 2024, 01:34:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nathan Bradley Maddox, 35, Krystal Renee Maddox, 31 Murdered 1/19/2014 4-GUILTY  (Read 47105 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2014, 06:25:05 PM »

http://www.kltv.com/story/24500361/tyler

TCSO offering reward for information on shooting deaths of Zavalla couple
Posted: Jan 20, 2014 3:09 PM CST Updated: Jan 20, 2014 4:42 PM CST
By Gary Bass - email

TYLER COUNTY, TX (KTRE) -

Tyler County Sheriff's Office investigators and the Texas Rangers are still tracking down leads in the shooting deaths of a Zavalla couple that had been on a supervised visit with the man's 4-year-old daughter at a church in Colmesneil Saturday.

"We're right in the middle of following up on a huge number of leads," said Chief Deputy Bill Ryan of the Tyler County Sheriff's Office.

Ryan said that the Tyler County Sheriff's Office is now offering a $1,000 reward for any information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the suspect or suspects involved in this crime.

Nathan Bradley Maddox, 35, and Krystal Renee Maddox, 31, were identified as the two people killed in the shooting accident. Ryan said forensic pathologists in Beaumont performed autopsies on the couple's bodies Monday. The Tyler County chief deputy said they haven't gotten the results from those autopsies back at this time.

Ryan said the 4-year-old girl is still in the custody of her maternal grandparents. He said Child Protective Services is checking to make sure the little girl is in a safe environment.

According to the Associated Press, Tyler County Sheriff Bryan Weatherford said his investigators have already ruled out murder-suicide in the case. He did not release any information about suspects or a possible motive to the Associated Press.

Anyone with any information that might lead to the arrest of the person or people responsible for the deaths of Nathan and Krystal Maddox is urged to call the Tyler County Sheriff's Office at (409) 281-2172.

(Bolded by me)
After I read about the murders of Nathan and Krystal, one of my first thoughts was the welfare of the 4 year old.  Where was she at the time of the murders?  From reading the articles, it sounded to me like the child visitation time and place was set before hand.  Who knew this information?  If the little girl wasn't present, where was she? Was she at maternal grandparents or was she somewhere else?   Did someone tell the maternal grandparents there was a cancellation?  I hope the little girl wasn't present at the double murder.  If she was, then there needs to be more charges, besides the two murders, including child endangerment.  Who else was scheduled to be at the "supervised visit"? Who was supervising?  Too many questions, not enough answers.

From my understanding...she was there, MuffyBee; still inside the church with her maternal grandmother and the mediator.  The visitation took place, and Nathan and Krystal walked out of the church by themselves and were shot.  Those still inside heard as many as five shots, locked the door, and called 911.

Also from my understanding, these visitations had been going on for a few weeks and this was to be the last one of this kind. 

I think there was more than likely a "routine" by this time (Nathan and Krystal leaving first?), that could have only been known by very few people.  JMO

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2014, 06:40:26 PM »

No idea who started the page...

Justice for Krystal and Nathan Maddox
1,166 likes

https://www.facebook.com/Justiceforkrystalandnathan

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2014, 06:54:29 PM »

http://www.khou.com/news/texas-news/Pair-killed-outside-Texas-church-after-child-visit-241130961.html
Couple killed outside East Texas church after visiting child from previous marriage
January 20, 21014

Sheriff Bryan Weatherford said the shooting occurred Saturday afternoon following a court ordered child custody visitation at Mount Carmel Baptist Church.
The child and others participating in the court-ordered supervised visit were inside the church when the victims walked outside. A mediator inside called 911 after hearing gunfire.
"The supervisor, once she heard the gunshots, called 911, she ran to the front door and locked it," Weatherford said.
First responders got to the church around 12:30 p.m. where they found the Maddox's. Nobody else was hurt.
Deputies said they've identified persons of interest.
The sheriff said the little girl is in the custody of her maternal grandmother, but that there had been hearings over her permanent custody.
"This was definitely something that law enforcement feels like that as definitely planned. It was not a random act," Weatherford said.

"This is a tragic event for not only you know the families involved but for our whole county," Weatherford said. "We're so tight-knit grouped, everybody knows everybody."
"They were both nice people. I've known the girl since she was young," Garfield Lamon said. He's a preacher at a nearby church. "It's very tragic and you wouldn't think anything like that would happen in our community."
Weatherford said investigators ruled out murder-suicide. He did not release details on suspects or a possible motive in the shootings near Colmesneil, 110 miles northeast of Houston.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2014, 07:00:39 PM »

http://www.ketknbc.com/news/tyler-county-sheriffs-office-investigating-the-dea

Tyler County Sheriff's Office investigating the death of an East Texas couple

POSTED: Sunday, January 19, 2014 - 6:28pm

UPDATED: Sunday, January 19, 2014 - 7:19pm

Tyler County, Texas (KETK) — Tyler County Sheriff's Office is investigating the death of a Zavalla couple that happened Saturday afternoon.

It happened around 12:25 p.m. at Mount Carmel Baptist Church which is in the rural area of northeast Tyler County.

Tyler County officials were told there were gunshots fired at that location and that at least one person was down.

When deputies arrived on scene they found one man and one woman down.

The suspect(s) involved had fled the scene before the deputies arrival.

Both were pronounced dead just a short time later at the scene.

The victims, now identified as Nathan Bradley Maddox, 35, and his wife, Krystal Renee Maddox, 31, were at the church to have a supervised visit with Nathan Maddox's 4-year-old daughter.

No arrests have been made at this time, but the Tyler County Sheriff's Office and the Texas Rangers are currently investigating this incident at this time.

Tyler County Sheriff's Office asks that anyone with any information call them immediately. You can contact them at (409) 283-2172.

This is soooo sad I know the Maddox family....very good family from the town I grew up in Sad

http://www.ktre.com/story/24500361/tyler

Thanks for the insight littletxlady!

I've read everything I could find including numerous comments on Facebook from those that knew them, and I haven't seen a negative comment about either of the victims.

It is really sad...they were so young...the children left behind breaks my heart.  My thoughts and prayers are with both of their families.

I know his dad and mother.... they have a family owned building supply that has been in the family for generations....as long as I can remember that is where everyone in town got their supplies until lowes and home depot...small town everyone knows and likes them... well respected family....he looks just like his dad....this just breaks my heart

Thanks again littletxlady, I hope the family is surrounded with support during this awful time of grief, and waiting for justice. 

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2014, 07:17:59 PM »

On our local news...

I just saw an interview with Justin Fontenot, a former co worker and friend of Nathan's.  He'd talked to Nathan two days before this happened.

His comments about Nathan.

"He was trying to get custody of his little girl and visitation, you know...he would light up every time he was able to see his little girl."

"I couldn't believe what had happened, somebody that had everything going for him suddenly being shot down in cold blood...basically."

"His little girl meant the world to him."

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2014, 08:02:18 PM »

http://lufkindailynews.com/news/community/article_a3e6d8ac-8201-11e3-a694-0019bb2963f4.html

Reward offered for information leading to arrest in murders of Zavalla couple (with video of press conference)

JESSICA COOLEY/The Lufkin News

Murder victim family members Jim Maddox, left, and Paul Humphus attended Monday's press conference in Woodville.

Related YouTube Video

Posted: Monday, January 20, 2014 12:35 pm | Updated: 4:26 pm, Mon Jan 20, 2014.

By JESSICA COOLEY/The Lufkin News

WOODVILLE -- The Tyler County Sheriff's Office held a press conference Monday morning announcing a $1,000 reward for information leading to an arrest in the double-murder of a Zavalla couple gunned down outside a church near Colmesneil.

Sheriff Bryan Weatherford said in the 10 a.m. press conference it is evident Nathan "Brad" Maddox, 34, and his wife Krystal Maddox, 30, were "ambushed" Saturday as they were leaving Mount Carmel Baptist Church. They each succumbed to a single gun shot wound, the sheriff said.

Weatherford said there were no witnesses to the crime as everyone there, including Madison, was inside the church at the time the shots were fired. 

"It is a very sensitive case. We're following a lot of leads," Weatherford said. "There's not a whole lot of information we can release as to the specifics because we don't want to taint this investigation."

Family members of Krystal and Nathan Maddox attended the press conference including Nathan's dad, Jim Maddox and his step mom Jan, of Wells, and Krystal's father, Paul Humphus, of Woodville.

Jim Maddox, a Wells pastor, spoke on the family's behalf asking for prayers in this "time of darkness."

He said the family is taking solace in scripture.

"There is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; neither hid, that shall not be known Therefore whatsoever ye have spoken in darkness shall be heard in the light,'" Maddox said quoting Luke 12:2.

"We have confidence in the sheriff's department that they will do their job. We're doing our job to stay out of the way. Certainly we want justice."

Nathan Maddox and his wife of a little more than a year were making progress in the three-year battle for custody of Madison from his ex-wife's parents, according to his attorney, Ryan Deaton. He chronicled his fight on a Give Forward support page titled "Help Me Save My Daughter."

His ex-wife did not have custody of Madison due to her addiction to methamphetamine and pending cases for delivery and possession of meth along with her involvement in counterfeiting money, Deaton said.

The attorney added that the Saturday meeting was part of a progressive visitation plan that would have eventually led to the couple having custody of Madison. He said the meeting was to be the last at the church with the next step a day trip to Angelina County and then an overnight visit followed by standard visitation.

"There was no doubt he was going to given custody of the girl," Deaton said, noting that Madison's grandparents are elderly and on a fixed income. "Nathan was a good guy and Krystal was a sweetheart. They wanted what was best for the girl."

The incident left Krystal's four daughters, ages 5 to 11, motherless. They are now staying with family members, Jim Maddox said.

Anyone with information on the crime is being asked to contact Weatherford at 409-283-2172.

Jessica Cooley's email address is jcooley@lufkindailynews.com.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2014, 08:05:39 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a895Qi36IWA

Maddox murders press conference 1/20/14
LufkinDailyNews

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/a895Qi36IWA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/a895Qi36IWA</a>

Published on Jan 20, 2014

Tyler County Sheriff Bryan Weatherford hosted a press conference at the Tyler County Justice Center two days after the murders of Nathan "Brad" Maddox, 34, and his wife Krystal Maddox, 30. The couple was shot to death Jan. 18 after being "ambushed" outside Mount Carmel Baptist Church near Colmesneil, Weatherford said. They were there for court-ordered visitation of Nathan Maddox's daughter from a previous marriage and had recently been in a heated custody battle, according to his attorney.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2014, 08:23:07 PM »

Video at the link

http://www.ketknbc.com/news/east-texas-couple-gunned-down-tyler-county-sheriff

East Texas couple gunned down, Tyler County Sheriff's offering reward

Teresa Sardina Reporter/Weekend Morning Anchor

POSTED: Monday, January 20, 2014 - 6:49pm

UPDATED: Monday, January 20, 2014 - 7:22pm

TYLER COUNTY, TEXAS (KETK) — A Saturday morning child visitation ended with the death of a Zavalla couple. Nathan,35, and Krystal Maddox were gunned down at a church in Tyler County, which is between Beaumont and Lufkin. We're told the couple was pronounced dead at the scene.

The Tyler County Sheriff's Office is investigating this as a double-homicide, they're interviewing witnesses and need your help. No arrests have been made as of Monday.

A friend of the Maddox family learned about the deaths on Sunday and tells us this doesn't make sense. Justin Fontenot is a friend of Nathan's and worked with him at Lufkin industries, he last spoke to him two days before his death. "He was trying to get custody of his little girl and visitation, you know he would light up every time he was able to see his little girl," said Fontenot.

"I couldn't believe what had happened, somebody that had everything going for them suddenly being shot down in cold blood basically, his little girl meant the world to him," said Fontenot.

The Tyler County Sheriff's Office is offering a $1,000 reward for information leading to an arrest in the double-homicide.

Fontenot says, please help the Maddox family, if you have any information please come forward.

We learned Nathan had shared the story of the custody battle with his ex-wife online, asking for community support.
https://www.giveforward.com/fundraiser/kv73/help-me-save-my-daughter

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2014, 08:35:24 PM »

http://www.tylercountybooster.com/index.php/news/1231-two-dead-in-shooting-at-mt-carmel-baptist-church

Two dead in shooting at Mt. Carmel Baptist Church

Monday, 20 January 2014 17:11

by Emily Waldrep

According to Tyler County Sheriff's Department Chief Deputy Phil Ryan, both victims were ambushed directly in front of the Mount Carmel Baptist church steps upon leaving the visitation.

Maddox's child was still in the building during the shooting and was not harmed.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2014, 09:55:41 AM »

http://www.tylercountybooster.com/index.php/news/1231-two-dead-in-shooting-at-mt-carmel-baptist-church

Two dead in shooting at Mt. Carmel Baptist Church

Monday, 20 January 2014 17:11

by Emily Waldrep

According to Tyler County Sheriff's Department Chief Deputy Phil Ryan, both victims were ambushed directly in front of the Mount Carmel Baptist church steps upon leaving the visitation.

Maddox's child was still in the building during the shooting and was not harmed.

why do some people think killing someone you don't agree with is the only answer?  What animals!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2014, 02:45:08 PM »

http://www.kltv.com/story/24508341/tyler-co-homicide-victim-had-upcoming-child-custody-hearing

Tyler Co. homicide victim had upcoming child custody hearing
Posted: Jan 21, 2014 11:38 AM CST Updated: Jan 21, 2014 12:48 PM CST
By Jeff Awtrey - email

TYLER COUNTY, TX (KTRE) -

An ongoing child custody issue could have been a factor in Saturday's double slaying of a Zavalla couple who were on a supervised visit with the man's 4-year-old daughter at a church in Colmesneil, according to Tyler County's chief deputy.

"The child custody issue could have been a motivating factor in the shootings," said Phil Ryan, the chief deputy for the Tyler County Sheriff's Office.

Nathan Bradley Maddox, 35, and Krystal Renee Maddox, 31, were identified as the two people killed in the shooting incident. Ryan said forensic pathologists in Beaumont performed autopsies on the couple's bodies Monday. The Tyler County chief deputy said they haven't gotten the results from those autopsies back at this time.

Ryan said Monday that the 4-year-old girl is still in the custody of her maternal grandparents. He said Child Protective Services is checking to make sure the little girl is in a safe environment. Ryan said the girl's biological mother, Nathan Maddox's ex-wife, still lives with her parents.

Ryan said both Nathan Maddox and his ex-wife had checkered pasts and criminal records. However, according to records on public.data.com, Nathan Maddox's was last convicted in February 2001 on a burglary charge. The ex-wife has pending criminal charges, Ryan said.

Nathan Maddox had been trying to straighten his life how, so he could get full custody of his daughter, Ryan said. Along those lines, a child custody hearing had already been scheduled, the chief deputy said. Ryan said the little girl's maternal grandparents were opposed to Nathan Maddox getting full custody of the child.

In addition, Ryan said the reward for any information leading to an arrest or conviction of the suspect or suspects responsible for killing Nathan and Krystal Maddox has been upped to $2,000.

According to the Associated Press, Tyler County Sheriff Bryan Weatherford said his investigators have already ruled out murder-suicide in the case. He did not release any information about suspects or a possible motive to the Associated Press.

The supervised visitations took place four times a month on Saturdays, Sturrock said.

Anyone with any information that might lead to the arrest of the person or people responsible for the deaths of Nathan and Krystal Maddox is urged to call the Tyler County Sheriff's Office at (409) 281-2172.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2014, 09:06:50 PM »

http://www.stringerandgriffin.com/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=2387933&fh_id=11387

Krystal Renee Maddox
(September 16, 1983 - January 18, 2014)

Krystal Renee Maddox, 30 of Zavalla, passed away Saturday, January 18, 2014 in Colmesneil, Texas.

Funeral services will be held Friday, January 24, 2014 at 2 p.m. at First Baptist Church of Woodville with burial in Bethany Cemetery near Colmesneil. Visitation will also be held on Friday, beginning at 12:30pm until service time.

A memorial service for Krystal and her husband Nathan will be held on Saturday, January 25, 2014 at 2:00pm at Trinity Assembly of God Church in Woodville.

Krystal was born September 16, 1983 to Paul & Rhonda Durham Humphus in Woodville, Texas. She was a longtime resident of Tyler County and was owner/operator of All That Sparkles & Shabby Chic Peek-a-Boutique and Krystal Maddox Photography. She had been very active in the pageant society.

She is survived by her mother, Rhonda Durham Humphus of Beaumont; father, Paul Humphus & wife, Judy of Woodville; son, Mason Maddox of Zavalla; daughters, Madison Maddox, Makenzie McGowan, Makayla McGowan all of Zavalla, and “Little Madi” Madison Maddox of Colmesneil; brothers, Elijah Humphus & wife, Lauren of New Caney, and Wesley Russell & wife, Tanya of Colmesneil; sisters, Kourtney Banks of Channelview, and Rebecca Wall of Huffman; grandparents, Elijah Durham & wife, Jerry of Center, Monetta Durham of Woodville, Thomas & Kija Humphus of Columbus, GA, and Martha Humphus of Granbury.

Services are under the direction of Stringer & Griffin Funeral Home of Woodville.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2014, 09:09:54 PM »

http://www.stringerandgriffin.com/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=2389252&fh_id=11387

Nathan Bradley Maddox
(October 5, 1979 - January 18, 2014)

Nathan Bradley Maddox, 34 of Zavalla, passed away Saturday, January 18, 2014 in Colmesneil, Texas.

Memorial services for Nathan and his wife, Krystal will be held Saturday, January 25, 2014 at 2:00pm at Trinity Assembly of God Church in Woodville under the direction of the family. Officiating will be Brother Jim Maddox.

Nathan was born October 5, 1979 to James Earl “Jim” & Kelly Ann Tullos Maddox in Kirbyville, Texas. He was a longtime resident of Tyler County and worked at Lufkin Industries.

He is survived by his father, Jim Maddox & wife Jan of Alto; mother, Kelly Haggard of Hudson; daughters, “Little Madi” Madison Maddox of Colmesneil, Madison Maddox, Makenzie McGowan & Makayla McGowan all of Zavalla; son, Mason Maddox of Zavalla; brothers, Joshua Maddox of Beaumont, and Matt Maddox of Woodville; and sisters, Monica Maddox of Colmesneil, Mia Maddox of Woodville, and Hanna Ogden of Hudson.

Cremation services were under the direction of Stringer & Griffin Funeral Home of Woodville.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2014, 09:19:13 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=251205758390521&set=a.250586765119087.1073741825.250583741786056&type=1&theater

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2014, 09:24:14 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=547183265389548&set=o.250583741786056&type=3&theater

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2014, 09:33:07 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=705274399503457&set=a.248648058499429.65681.100000627097201&type=1&relevant_count=1

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2014, 10:06:07 PM »

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/news/article/State-caring-for-child-after-man-woman-gunned-5165074.php

State caring for child after man, woman gunned down outside church
By Tim Monzingo
Published 9:24 am, Wednesday, January 22, 2014

The daughter of a Tyler County man gunned down outside a church last weekend is in the care of the state as authorities continue investigating into the shooting.

Nathan Maddox's 4-year-old daughter was taken into Child Protective Services Custody this week while authorities look for a suspect in the Sunday shooting that killed him and his wife, Krystal Renee Maddox.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2014, 08:19:46 PM »

http://www.ktre.com/story/24534731/law-enforcement-say-they-dont-believe-shooting-of-zavalla-couple-was-randmo

Breaking
CPS takes custody of Tyler Co. homicide victim's 4-year-old daughter
Posted: Jan 23, 2014 6:10 PM CST Updated: Jan 23, 2014 6:38 PM CST
By Michelle Reed

LUFKIN, TX (KTRE) -

According to Tyler County Chief Deputy Phil Ryan, Child Protective Services received a court ordered request Thursday evening to take custody of the 4-year-old daughter of a man slain in a Tyler County homicide.

The girl had been in the custody of her maternal grandparents. Ryan said sheriff's deputies supervised the entire meeting and CPS took the girl out of her grandparent's home for her safety.

Earlier on Thursday, Ryan said no sleet or snow will keep them from looking for the bad guy saying there are a lot of red flags in this case.

Funeral services for Nathan Bradley Maddox, 35, and Krystal Renee Maddox, 31, are prepared for this weekend and law enforcement says they will be on the hunt.

"We just want closure for the family. I mean no matter what anyone's motive was that was something that nobody had coming. It was a terrible, tragic thing that doesn't happen in our area and we want somebody in jail for it," said Chief Deputy Phil Ryan.

"It just takes the innocence of the community away when you think something that heinous could happen in Woodville, Texas or in Tyler County, I mean, it's just hard to believe," Ryan said.

Ryan says he cannot allude to who they are looking at as a suspect or suspects, but does say it was a targeted act saying it's not normal for a random person to gun down two people like this.

"I mean, especially in our area. I mean, it's not anything that you're ever ready for. I don't think this would be a random act."

According to nearly 300 pages of court documents the East Texas News discovered, Maddox and his ex-wife Kristen had been going through a nasty child custody battle.

"The child custody issue could have been a motivating factor in the shootings," Ryan said.

In October, Nathan Maddox filed a motion against the grandparents to modify the parent/child relationship, stating that the grandfather has a history of family violence. In the motion, Maddox said one night he visited his daughter and got into an altercation with the grandfather. He said the grandfather choked him and screamed that he was going to kill him before he pulled a shotgun on him. The motion was found at the Tyler County District Clerk's Office.

Ryan said the sheriff's office had responded to the incident in October but could not make an arrest because of lack of evidence. He said the family gave conflicting stories and there were no visible injuries. Tyler County authorities were getting the evidence together for the district attorney's office to present a grand jury.

In addition, Ryan said the reward for any information leading to an arrest or conviction of the suspect or suspects responsible for killing Nathan and Krystal Maddox has been increased to $2,000.

"We'll be forthcoming with as much as we can as soon as we can because especially if it's something that we need help and we do at this point. We need help…we need help from the community. People might not even realize that they saw something that was pertinent to this case but if they think about it—what they were doing on Saturday, anywhere in the vicinity, they may have seen somebody coming or going," Ryan said.

Anyone with information is asked to contact the Tyler County Sheriff's Office at (409) 281-2172.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2014, 08:54:23 PM »

http://www.ktre.com/story/24542757/custody-hearing-of-tyler-co-homicides-victims-daughter-set-for-feb-12

Custody hearing of Tyler Co. homicide's victim's daughter set for Feb. 12
Posted: Jan 24, 2014 4:18 PM CST Updated: Jan 24, 2014 4:18 PM CST
By Jeff Awtrey - email

WOODVILLE, TX (KTRE) -

A custody hearing for the four-year-old daughter of a Zavalla man killed in a double-homicide Saturday is set for Feb. 12 in the Tyler County Courthouse.

The girl had been in the custody of her maternal grandparents, but CPS took her out for her safety.

The grandparents were in a custody struggle with Nathan Bradley Maddox, 35. Maddox and his wife, Krystal Renee Maddox, 31, were shot dead on Saturday while on a supervised visitation with Maddox's daughter at Mount Carmel Baptist Church.

According to CPS spokeswoman Gwen Carter, the child is in a foster home. She said CPS will present their evidence at the Feb. 12 hearing and a judge will determine what course of action to take.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2014, 02:13:00 PM »

http://lufkindailynews.com/news/local/article_31b31d50-889f-11e3-b8f5-001a4bcf887a.html

Father of murdered man seeks custody of 5-year-old

Posted: Wednesday, January 29, 2014 1:00 am | Updated: 7:36 am, Wed Jan 29, 2014.

By JESSICA COOLEY/The Lufkin News

The father of a Zavalla man who was shot to death during a court-ordered child custody visit earlier this month said Tuesday that he and his wife plan to seek custody of his granddaughter.

Jim Maddox told The Lufkin News that he and his wife of 16 years, Jan, met with Lufkin attorney Ryan Deaton on Tuesday morning, the first step in fighting for custody of 5-year-old Madison.

(subscription required to view the rest of the article)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.