April 23, 2024, 10:11:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nathan Bradley Maddox, 35, Krystal Renee Maddox, 31 Murdered 1/19/2014 4-GUILTY  (Read 47094 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2014, 11:54:26 PM »

http://lufkindailynews.com/news/community/article_03741f66-a95b-11e3-8178-0019bb2963f4.html

Tyler County officials arrest four suspects in murder of Zavalla couple

Posted: Tuesday, March 11, 2014 6:06 pm | Updated: 8:34 pm, Tue Mar 11, 2014.
By JESSICA COOLEY/The Lufkin News

WOODVILLE — The Tyler County Sheriff's Office has four suspects in custody in connection with the January double-murder of a Zavalla couple.

The arrests come the same day a Tyler County grand jury indicted Kristen, Letha, Paul and Cameron Westfall on a charge of engaging in organized criminal activity in the deaths of Nathan "Brad" and Krystal Maddox. Nathan Maddox was Kristen Westfall's former husband and father of their daughter, Madison.

The four were apprehended following a traffic stop in Colmesneil. They will be booked into the Tyler County Jail. Their bond will be set at $1 million apiece.

Around 2:30 p.m., a fleet of officers with Tyler County, Woodville Police Department, Texas Department of Public Safety and Texas Rangers attempted to serve a warrant at the Westfall's Colmesneil home. The family is believed to be on the run in a gold Kia Sportage license plate BCL-3780.

The murdered couple had been in a custody battled with Kristen Westfall's parents Paul and Letha Westfall due to Kristen Westfall's legal problems involving methamphetamine. 

Kristen Westfall reportedly lived with her parents and brother Cameron Westfall at a home within a mile of the church where the Maddox couple were killed.
More details to follow.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2014, 12:03:12 AM »

http://www.ktre.com/story/24949018/tyler-co-murder-suspects-arrested-at-scene-of-jan-shooting

Tyler Co. murder suspects arrested at scene of January shooting
Posted: Mar 11, 2014 8:37 PM CDT
Updated: Mar 11, 2014 10:35 PM CDT
By Caleb Beames

WOODVILLE, TX (KTRE) -
Around 8:20 Tuesday night, four people, that are considered suspects in the Jan. shooting deaths of a Zavalla couple, were arrested after a felony traffic stop near Mt. Carmel Church.

According to Tyler County Chief Deputy Phil Ryan, Paul Westfall, Letha Westfall, Kristen Westfall, and Cameron Westfall were all taken into custody and were being transported to the Tyler County jail.

Their bond has been set at $1 million a piece.

Earlier today, a search for the four was started, after a Tyler County grand jury indicted them in connection to the Jan. 18 shooting deaths of Nathan and Krystal Maddox. Deputies went to the Colmesneil residence of Paul and Letha Westfall to serve arrest warrants on the four people Tuesday.

"It is the same people I have thought all along," Rhonda Humphus, mother of Krystal Maddox said.

However, no one was home when the deputies attempted to serve the four first-degree felony warrants for engaging in organized criminal activity, according to Ryan.

Ryan said the organized criminal activity charges are enhanced because that activity led to the deaths of two people. He also said that these charges do not rule out the possibility that murder charges could be added at a later date. If convicted, each of the four family members could face up to life in prison without parole.

Nathan and Krystal Maddox were killed on Jan. 18. The couple was shot following a supervised visitation with Nathan Maddox's five-year-old daughter at Mount Carmel Baptist Church on CR 3725.

The Tyler County grand jury handed down indictments against the Westfalls. Kristen Westfall is Nathan Maddox's ex-wife, and Paul and Letha Westfall are her parents. Cameron Westfall is Kristen's brother.

The family of Nathan and Krystal said that the emotions of Tuesday were like a rollercoaster, but faith and family kept them holding out hope.

"Our faith has been our foundation through this whole thing and realizing that without him in it is just a human search," Nathan's father, Jim Maddox said.

"It is amazing of the love and support we get from them and I couldn't do it without them," Humphus said.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2014, 07:48:00 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/lufkindaily/photos/a.10150196284868971.326155.176293253970/10152200161243971/?type=1

The Lufkin Daily News
2 hours ago

The family of murder victims Nathan and Krystal Maddox is lined up at the Tyler County Sheriff's Office awaiting the arrival of the Westfall family, now in custody on a charge of conspiracy to commit murder. Kristen Westfall, the former wife of Nathan Maddox, her mother Letha Westfall, father Paul Westfall and brother Cameron Westfall, are all in custody with $1 million bonds set.

Looks like four people from the Westfall family are in custody!   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2014, 08:06:05 AM »

http://www.ktre.com/story/24949018/tyler-co-murder-suspects-arrested-at-scene-of-jan-shooting
March 11, 2014

Paul Westfall (Source: Tyler Co. Sheriff)

Letha Westfall (Source: Tyler Co. Sheriff)

Cameron Westfall (Source: Tyler Co. Sheriff)

Kristen Westfall (Source: Tyler Co. Sheriff)

According to Tyler County Chief Deputy Phil Ryan, Paul Westfall, Letha Westfall, Kristen Westfall, and Cameron Westfall were all taken into custody and were being transported to the Tyler County jail.

Earlier today, a search for the four was started, after a Tyler County grand jury indicted them in connection to the Jan. 18 shooting deaths of Nathan and Krystal Maddox. Deputies went to the Colmesneil residence of Paul and Letha Westfall to serve arrest warrants on the four people Tuesday.

"It is the same people I have thought all along," Rhonda Humphus, mother of Krystal Maddox said.

However, no one was home when the deputies attempted to serve the four first-degree felony warrants for engaging in organized criminal activity, according to Ryan.

Ryan said the organized criminal activity charges are enhanced because that activity led to the deaths of two people. He also said that these charges do not rule out the possibility that murder charges could be added at a later date. If convicted, each of the four family members could face up to life in prison without parole.
More...

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
littletxlady
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2014, 02:00:13 PM »

March 11, 2014

Paul Westfall (Source: Tyler Co. Sheriff)

Letha Westfall (Source: Tyler Co. Sheriff)

Cameron Westfall (Source: Tyler Co. Sheriff)

Kristen Westfall (Source: Tyler Co. Sheriff)

More...

Joran is truly EVIL

Casey's only truthful statement:  "Well...maybe I'm a spiteful bitch"

God Don't Like Ugly
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2014, 03:10:27 PM »

http://www.myfoxaustin.com/story/24956039/4-arrested-in-slaying-of-texas-couple-near-church
4 arrested in slaying of Texas couple near church
March 12, 2014

Sheriff's deputies in Tyler County arrested four people Tuesday night in the parking lot of the church where Nathan and Krystal Maddox were gunned down in January after visiting the girl.

Nathan Maddox's ex-wife Kristen Westfall; her brother, Cameron; and her parents, Letha and Paul Westfall, all were indicted on charges of engaging in organized criminal activity. They were scheduled to be arraigned Wednesday. Christine R. Brown-Zeto, an attorney for Kristen Westfall, did not immediately return a phone message.

Letha Westfall had custody of the girl, but the Westfall family was fighting Nathan Maddox in court.

Phil Ryan, the chief deputy in Tyler County, said that the custody battle was the likely motive.

"They were worried that Nathan was doing better in his life and might get custody of the little girl," Ryan said.

Authorities have not charged any of the four with murder, as investigators are still trying to determine who shot the couple, Ryan said.

The couple died in the attack Jan. 18 outside Mount Carmel Baptist Church near Colmesneil, about 110 miles northeast of Houston. Their daughter was inside the church with Letha Westfall, who had brought her for a supervised visit with her father, said Shari Pulliam, a spokeswoman for the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services.

After the shootings, state authorities placed the girl in a foster home in an undisclosed location, Pulliam said. The girl did not see the shooting, but is aware of the deaths of her father and stepmother, she said.

"We did not know who the shooter was," Pulliam said. "We were fearful for her life."

The court battle for custody has continued after the couple's deaths, with three days of hearings so far.

State authorities want the girl placed in foster care and said they found drug paraphernalia in Letha Westfall's home, as well as a gun on a nightstand within easy reach of the girl, Pulliam said.

Nathan Maddox's father, Jim, has since petitioned to become his granddaughter's primary caregiver. Jim Maddox's attorney, Ryan Deaton of Lufkin, said Wednesday it had been a struggle to get Nathan Maddox time to visit his daughter.

"No one even knew where he was getting his visits or how those visits were going to go or anything," Deaton said. "The only people who did know were the Westfalls and my clients. It would have been impossible for anyone else to do this."

littletxlady
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2014, 05:47:16 PM »

http://www.myfoxaustin.com/story/24956039/4-arrested-in-slaying-of-texas-couple-near-church
4 arrested in slaying of Texas couple near church
March 12, 2014

Sheriff's deputies in Tyler County arrested four people Tuesday night in the parking lot of the church where Nathan and Krystal Maddox were gunned down in January after visiting the girl.

Nathan Maddox's ex-wife Kristen Westfall; her brother, Cameron; and her parents, Letha and Paul Westfall, all were indicted on charges of engaging in organized criminal activity. They were scheduled to be arraigned Wednesday. Christine R. Brown-Zeto, an attorney for Kristen Westfall, did not immediately return a phone message.

Letha Westfall had custody of the girl, but the Westfall family was fighting Nathan Maddox in court.

Phil Ryan, the chief deputy in Tyler County, said that the custody battle was the likely motive.

"They were worried that Nathan was doing better in his life and might get custody of the little girl," Ryan said.

Authorities have not charged any of the four with murder, as investigators are still trying to determine who shot the couple, Ryan said.

The couple died in the attack Jan. 18 outside Mount Carmel Baptist Church near Colmesneil, about 110 miles northeast of Houston. Their daughter was inside the church with Letha Westfall, who had brought her for a supervised visit with her father, said Shari Pulliam, a spokeswoman for the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services.

After the shootings, state authorities placed the girl in a foster home in an undisclosed location, Pulliam said. The girl did not see the shooting, but is aware of the deaths of her father and stepmother, she said.

"We did not know who the shooter was," Pulliam said. "We were fearful for her life."

The court battle for custody has continued after the couple's deaths, with three days of hearings so far.

State authorities want the girl placed in foster care and said they found drug paraphernalia in Letha Westfall's home, as well as a gun on a nightstand within easy reach of the girl, Pulliam said.

Nathan Maddox's father, Jim, has since petitioned to become his granddaughter's primary caregiver. Jim Maddox's attorney, Ryan Deaton of Lufkin, said Wednesday it had been a struggle to get Nathan Maddox time to visit his daughter.

"No one even knew where he was getting his visits or how those visits were going to go or anything," Deaton said. "The only people who did know were the Westfalls and my clients. It would have been impossible for anyone else to do this."

Tyler Co. Sheriff: Arrest of 4 suspects in murder of Zavalla couple just the beginning

Even though the four suspects in the January shooting deaths of a Zavalla couple are now behind bars, Tyler County Sheriff Bryan Weatherford said Wednesday that the investigation is still ongoing.

According to Tyler County Chief Deputy Phil Ryan, Paul Westfall, Letha Westfall, Kristen Westfall, and Cameron Westfall were arrested after a traffic stop near Mt. Carmel Church, where Nathan and Krystal Maddox were killed on Jan. 18 while they were on a custodial visit with Nathan Maddox's 5-year-old daughter.

Kristen Westfall is Nathan Maddox's ex-wife, and Paul and Letha Westfall are her parents. Cameron Westfall is Kristen's brother.

"This case is nowhere near over. This is just a step in taking another step if you will," Weatherford said. We've said that all along. We just want to get closure to the family. … We want to make sure there is some time of closure for them."

All four suspects were all taken into custody and were transported to the Tyler County Jail Tuesday. They were each charged with engaging in organized criminal activity, which is a first-degree felony. Their bond has been set at $1 million each.

Weatherford explained that Tyler County authorities felt "very comfortable" with where they were in the investigation when they presented the evidence to a grand jury Tuesday. Immediately after the grand jury handed down felony indictments on the four suspects, deputies with the Tyler County Sheriff's Office went the residence of Paul and Letha Westfall, which is located near Colmesneil, to serve arrest warrants on the four suspects.

"They were not home at the time," Weatherford said. "It appeared they had left in a hurry. There was a small grass fire, you know burning leaves, in their yard."

Weatherford said they were on Recreational Road 255 near the Mt. Carmel Road when they noticed a vehicle turn on Mt. Carmel Road. Thinking it may be the Westfalls' vehicle, Weatherford got confirmation from the TCSO dispatch and made a traffic stop on the vehicle.

"I initiated a traffic stop on this vehicle and it just so happens that they turned into the Mount Carmel Baptist church parking lot … the same place is back where we began on Jan. 18 where these horrific murders took place," Weatherford said.

Later, Weatherford said the case started at the church, and in some ways, ended at the same place.  He described it as "poetic justice."

The four suspects appeared in front of a Tyler County magistrate Wednesday morning. Weatherford said they were advised of their rights and were able to request legal counsel.

"These are felony ones," Weatherford said. "They carry life without the possibility of parole. And you know we considered these subjects, these individuals to be dangerous."

Weatherford said he was happy with the indictments for engaging in organized criminal activity.

"From a law enforcement standpoint we're very happy at this point and in no way are we through," Weatherford said.  "We're not wrapping up and closing shop on this case we're just from our standpoint we're just getting started again. But this is a step that needed to be taken. These individuals did not need to be out in our community. We consider them dangerous."

The Tyler County sheriff said they believe the evidence they have gathered in this case is "overwhelming."

The text of the indictments stated that the four suspects "collaborated in carrying on the hereinafter described criminal activity, conspire to commit the offense of murder of two individuals by agreeing with each other that they would engage in conduct that constituted said offense."

In addition, the indictments said the Westfalls "performed an overt act in pursuance to-wit: the planning, surveillance and carrying out of the January 18 incident."

In a previous story, Ryan said the organized criminal activity charges are enhanced because that activity led to the deaths of two people. He also said that these charges do not rule out the possibility that murder charges could be added at a later date. If convicted, each of the four family members could face up to life in prison without parole.

The family of Nathan and Krystal said that the emotions of Tuesday were like a roller coaster, but faith and family kept them holding out hope.

"Our faith has been our foundation through this whole thing and realizing that without him in it is just a human search," Nathan's father, Jim Maddox said.

"It is amazing of the love and support we get from them and I couldn't do it without them," Humphus said.

In late February, Letha Westfall, 54, was arrested on a possession of a controlled substance by fraud charge on Feb. 27. However, the charge was dropped, and she was released from the Tyler County Jail the next day.

Letha I. Westfall, 54, was scheduled for arraignment on Feb. 28. However, Justice of the Peace Trisher Ford said the arraignment was canceled after the Jasper Police charge against her was dropped.

Officials with the Jasper Police Department referred comment to the Jasper County District Attorney's Office. Nobody at the DA's office was available for comment when East Texas News called in late February.

At that time, Ryan confirmed Westfall is a suspect in the Jan. 18 deaths of Nathan and Krystal Maddox.

Copyright 2014 KTRE. All rights reserved.

http://www.ktre.com/story/24958788/tyler-co-sheriff

Joran is truly EVIL

God Don't Like Ugly
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2014, 06:46:05 PM »

Snipped from the article littletxlady posted above. They were arrested in the same church parking lot where the murders took place.   "...poetic justice."  Indeed!   

http://www.ktre.com/story/24958788/tyler-co-sheriff

Weatherford explained that Tyler County authorities felt "very comfortable" with where they were in the investigation when they presented the evidence to a grand jury Tuesday. Immediately after the grand jury handed down felony indictments on the four suspects, deputies with the Tyler County Sheriff's Office went the residence of Paul and Letha Westfall, which is located near Colmesneil, to serve arrest warrants on the four suspects.

"They were not home at the time," Weatherford said. "It appeared they had left in a hurry. There was a small grass fire, you know burning leaves, in their yard."

Weatherford said they were on Recreational Road 255 near the Mt. Carmel Road when they noticed a vehicle turn on Mt. Carmel Road. Thinking it may be the Westfalls' vehicle, Weatherford got confirmation from the TCSO dispatch and made a traffic stop on the vehicle.

"I initiated a traffic stop on this vehicle and it just so happens that they turned into the Mount Carmel Baptist church parking lot … the same place is back where we began on Jan. 18 where these horrific murders took place," Weatherford said.

Later, Weatherford said the case started at the church, and in some ways, ended at the same place.  He described it as "poetic justice."

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2014, 10:07:57 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/Justiceforkrystalandnathan/posts/601182379963991?stream_ref=1

littletxlady
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #69 on: March 13, 2014, 08:51:19 AM »

This story has even made the London Daily Mail!

Four members of the SAME family arrested over double murder of father and girlfriend in midst of bitter custody dispute over his five-year-old daughter

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2579369/4-arrested-slaying-Texas-couple-near-church.html#ixzz2vqbK9upO
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Joran is truly EVIL

God Don't Like Ugly
littletxlady
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #70 on: April 09, 2014, 03:24:33 PM »

Breaking
CPS gets rights of daughter of Zavalla man killed in double-homicide

Posted: Apr 09, 2014 12:59 PM CDT
Updated: Apr 09, 2014 1:09 PM CDT
By Leigha Hughes - bio | email

Source: Barbara Gilbreath

WOODVILLE, TX (KTRE) -
A judge has awarded Child Protective Services temporary managing conservator ship for the five-year-old daughter of a Zavalla man who was killed in a double-homicide in January.

Until at least May 21, Child Protective Services will allow the parents of Nathan Maddox to visit the girl.

Nathan Maddox and his wife, Krystal, were shot dead while leaving a visitation session with Nathan's five-year-old daughter. In March, the Tyler County Sheriff's Office arrested the girl's mother, Kristen Westfall, her brother, Cameron Westfall, her mother, Letha Westfall and her father, Paul Westfall, in connection to the deaths. They are charged with first-degree engaging in organized criminal activity.

Since the deaths, Jim Maddox, the paternal grandfather, has been in a custody battle against the Westfalls for the child.

Judge David Dunn held off awarding custody to the Maddoxes, pending a CPS home study.

The next court date is set for May 21.
http://www.ktre.com/story/25204838/father

Joran is truly EVIL

God Don't Like Ugly
littletxlady
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #71 on: April 29, 2014, 06:40:51 PM »

2 of 4 suspects in January shooting death of Zavalla couple transferred to Jasper Co. Jail
Posted: Apr 29, 2014 2:18 PM CDT
Updated: Apr 29, 2014 2:22 PM CDT
By Michelle Reed - bio | email

JASPER, TX (KTRE) -
Two of the four suspects in the January shooting deaths of a Zavalla couple have been moved to the Jasper County Jail.

Additional Links

Both women are still being held on first-degree felony charges of engaging in organized criminal activity. Each woman's bail has been set at $1 million.

Newman said the Jasper County Jail has mainly female inmates. In addition, he said Jasper County contracts with Tyler County to house some of their inmates.

On March 11, Tyler County deputies arrested Paul Westfall, Letha Westfall, Kristen Westfall, and Cameron Westfall near Mt. Carmel Church, where Nathan and Krystal Maddox were killed in a Jan. 18 shooting incident after a supervised visit with Nathan Maddox's 5-year-old daughter.

The Tyler County grand jury handed down indictments against the Westfalls. Kristen Westfall is Nathan Maddox's ex-wife, and Paul and Letha Westfall are her parents. Cameron Westfall is Kristen's brother.

All four of the Westfalls were each charged with engaging in organized criminal activity, a first-degree felony. Bail was set at $1 million for each person.

In a previous East Texas News story, Tyler County Chief Deputy Phil Ryan said TCSO deputies went to the Westfalls' home to serve arrest warrants on them, but no one was there at the time.

"They were not home at the time," said Tyler County Sheriff Bryan Weatherford. "It appeared they had left in a hurry. There was a small grass fire, you know burning leaves, in their yard."

Later, Weatherford said the case started at the church, and in some ways, ended at the same place. He described it as "poetic justice."

In late February, Letha Westfall was arrested on a possession of a controlled substance by fraud charge on Feb. 27. However, the charge was dropped, and she was released from the Tyler County Jail the next day.

Letha I. Westfall was scheduled for arraignment on Feb. 28. However, Justice of the Peace Trisher Ford said the arraignment was canceled after the Jasper Police charge against her was dropped.

http://www.ktre.com/story/25381213/2-of-4-suspects-in-january-shooting-death-of-zavalla-couple-transferred-to-jasper-co-jail

Joran is truly EVIL

God Don't Like Ugly
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #72 on: May 08, 2014, 11:57:41 PM »

http://lufkindailynews.com/news/local/article_aad2a5b2-d704-11e3-82c1-001a4bcf887a.html

Slaying suspect found incompetent

Colmesneil man indicted in deaths of his former son-in-law, son-in-law’s new wife being sent to mental facility in hopes of restoring his competency

Posted: Thursday, May 8, 2014 6:01 pm | Updated: 11:03 pm, Thu May 8, 2014.

A Colmesneil man indicted earlier this year in his former son-in-law’s shooting death has been found incompetent to stand trial.

Paul Westfall, 56, charged with engaging in organized criminal activity-capital murder, was given a psychological evaluation following his March 10 arrest in the shooting deaths of his former son-in-law Nathan Maddox, 34, and Nathan’s 30-year-old wife, Krystal Maddox. The shooting is believed by law enforcement to have been motivated by Nathan and Krystal Maddox’s legal battle with the Westfall family for custody of Nathan’s 5-year-old daughter, whom he had with his first wife, Kristen Westfall, 29 — Paul and Letha Westfall’s daughter.

littletxlady
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #73 on: May 10, 2014, 08:18:43 AM »

http://lufkindailynews.com/news/local/article_aad2a5b2-d704-11e3-82c1-001a4bcf887a.html

Colmesneil man indicted in deaths of his former son-in-law, son-in-law’s new wife being sent to mental facility in hopes of restoring his competency

A Colmesneil man indicted earlier this year in his former son-in-law’s shooting death has been found incompetent to stand trial.

Paul Westfall, 56, charged with engaging in organized criminal activity-capital murder, was given a psychological evaluation following his March 10 arrest in the shooting deaths of his former son-in-law Nathan Maddox, 34, and Nathan’s 30-year-old wife, Krystal Maddox. The shooting is believed by law enforcement to have been motivated by Nathan and Krystal Maddox’s legal battle with the Westfall family for custody of Nathan’s 5-year-old daughter, whom he had with his first wife, Kristen Westfall, 29 — Paul and Letha Westfall’s daughter.

1 of 4 indicted in Zavalla couple's death ruled incompetent to stand trial
Posted: May 09, 2014 5:24 PM CDT
Updated: May 09, 2014 5:24 PM CDT
By Jeff Awtrey - email

Paul Westfall (Source: Tyler County Jail)

WOODVILLE, TX (KTRE) -
One of four people accused of killing a Zavalla couple will not have to go to trial anytime soon after a judge has ruled him incompetent to stand trial.

Prosecuting attorney Dan Hunt said District Judge Jerome Owens made the ruling based off a doctor's evaluation, which states Paul Westfall was incompetent to the point where he can't assist his attorney for his own defense.

Westfall has been sent to a state mental hospital, where he will continue doctor evaluations until he's competent to stand trial or at least enter a plea.

On March 11, Tyler County deputies arrested Paul Westfall, Letha Westfall, Kristen Westfall, and Cameron Westfall near Mt. Carmel Church, where Nathan and Krystal Maddox were killed in a Jan. 18 shooting incident after a supervised visit with Nathan Maddox's 5-year-old daughter.

All four of the Westfalls were each charged with engaging in organized criminal activity, a first-degree felony. Bail was set at $1 million for each person.

http://www.ktre.com/story/25478521/1-of-4-indicted-in-zavalla-couples-death-ruled-incompetent-to-stand-trial

Joran is truly EVIL

God Don't Like Ugly
littletxlady
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #74 on: May 10, 2014, 08:21:17 AM »

By Jeff Awtrey - email

WOODVILLE, TX (KTRE) -
One of four people accused of killing a Zavalla couple will not have to go to trial anytime soon after a judge has ruled him incompetent to stand trial.

Prosecuting attorney Dan Hunt said District Judge Jerome Owens made the ruling based off a doctor's evaluation, which states Paul Westfall was incompetent to the point where he can't assist his attorney for his own defense.

Westfall has been sent to a state mental hospital, where he will continue doctor evaluations until he's competent to stand trial or at least enter a plea.

http://www.ktre.com/story/25478521/1-of-4-indicted-in-zavalla-couples-death-ruled-incompetent-to-stand-trial

Joran is truly EVIL

God Don't Like Ugly
littletxlady
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #75 on: May 10, 2014, 08:23:18 AM »

By Jeff Awtrey - email

WOODVILLE, TX (KTRE) -

Joran is truly EVIL

God Don't Like Ugly
littletxlady
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #76 on: May 10, 2014, 08:24:18 AM »

By Jeff Awtrey - email

WOODVILLE, TX (KTRE) -

Joran is truly EVIL

God Don't Like Ugly
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #77 on: May 10, 2014, 09:11:41 AM »

Thank you for bringing updates in the case, littletexaslady.  I wonder what Paul Westfall's issues are?  I hope the case can continue on toward justice for the victims and their families.  It would appear from what we know so far this was a premeditated double murder, with others either in on the planning and/or cover up.  It takes a lot of hate to shoot two people to death in a parking lot with a shotgun.   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #78 on: May 11, 2014, 10:49:54 AM »

http://lufkindailynews.com/news/local/article_ed124a3a-d8c2-11e3-96c7-001a4bcf887a.html

Suspect in shooting deaths of Zavalla couple leads authorities to guns in pond

Authorities believe weapons were used in couple’s slayings

Posted: Sunday, May 11, 2014 1:00 am | Updated: 8:55 am, Sun May 11, 2014.

One of the four family members being charged in the January shooting deaths of a Zavalla couple in Tyler County has led authorities to the guns believed to have been used in the killings, according to a defense attorney in the case.

Four members of the Westfall family — Paul, 56, Letha, 54, Kristen, 29, and Cameron, 18 — have been charged with engaging in organized criminal activity-capital murder in the Jan. 18 shooting deaths of Nathan Maddox, 34, and his wife Krystal, 30, in front of a country church near Colmesneil. All four suspects have pleaded not guilty. A judge this past week ruled Paul Westfall incompetent to stand trial.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #79 on: May 11, 2014, 12:31:33 PM »

http://lufkindailynews.com/news/local/article_ed124a3a-d8c2-11e3-96c7-001a4bcf887a.html

Suspect in shooting deaths of Zavalla couple leads authorities to guns in pond

Authorities believe weapons were used in couple’s slayings

Posted: Sunday, May 11, 2014 1:00 am | Updated: 8:55 am, Sun May 11, 2014.

One of the four family members being charged in the January shooting deaths of a Zavalla couple in Tyler County has led authorities to the guns believed to have been used in the killings, according to a defense attorney in the case.

Four members of the Westfall family — Paul, 56, Letha, 54, Kristen, 29, and Cameron, 18 — have been charged with engaging in organized criminal activity-capital murder in the Jan. 18 shooting deaths of Nathan Maddox, 34, and his wife Krystal, 30, in front of a country church near Colmesneil. All four suspects have pleaded not guilty. A judge this past week ruled Paul Westfall incompetent to stand trial.

I wonder who talked?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.