April 26, 2024, 02:48:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 33 yo Leanne Hecht Bearden Missing Since 1/17/14  (Read 204544 times)
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #120 on: February 02, 2014, 07:29:52 PM »

Hope I'm wrong, but I'm seeing some red flags here.  JMO   

Watch the video:

http://www.kens5.com/home/Garden-Ridge-police-looking-for-woman-missing-since-Friday-241077051.html

Texasmom  I watched the video of Leannes husband. Are you thinking he is just a tad casual about her missing. If she went out for a walk why did she have cash and credit cards on her. I can understand having some cash but why credit cards? This is down right odd. I know we all act differently during things. But he does seem a little cool & calm.
After watching this video I'm having scott peterson flashbacks.

Thank you karmaroundup!  I've been reminded of Scott Peterson and others so many times in the last two weeks. 

I've wondered if I'm just jaded from all I've seen following MP cases.   

I've looked for confirmation of anything that has been said about Leanne that could make me believe the scenario that has been laid out.  If the proof is there, it's being kept from us IMO.

From her disappearance during the window of time that she and Josh were at the inlaws alone, to his not knowing something was wrong for three hours when she was expecting a job related call within an hour of going on this walk/jog/hike/stroll, to the reports that he called his parents who were out of town first and they told him to call the police, to my hinky meter pegging out with Josh's first scenarios as to what may have happened to Leanne, to other statements Josh has made that struck me as "me, me, me", to my firm belief that regardless of what stress she was experiencing or what was going on between her and Josh; I just don't believe Leanne would intentionally put her family and friends through this nightmare! 

Without knowing Leanne at all, my judgement of her is based on what I've read, what others have said about her, and some videos I've watched from her travels.  She is definitely loved by so many people!

At the risk of being completely wrong, I honestly still feel like I do from the beginning; I'm not buying it! 

I would like nothing more than to be wrong, and Leanne to be found safe and sound.  My thoughts and prayers are with her and her family and friends.

JMHO

I didn't add my latest concern...

Josh being unable or unwilling to provide a complete description and photo of HIS backpack that he claims is missing with Leanne.  Furthermore, I think he could have and should have also provided more info about the bag of powerbars that he says is missing too.  What kind are they, what kind of bag were they in etc.?

If he really thinks she was out there wondering around vulnerable, why wouldn't he provide every detail that would help find her?

Some of it might seem so small, but cases have been solved on very small details.

JMO
ALL of what he states sounds hinky to me.Why in the heck would she need a backpack and bag of powerbars anyway if she was only going to be gone one hour?All that traveling they did and she wouldn't take a cell phone out for a hike/walk/whatever?But she would take her wallet,money,credit cards,backpack and powerbars?Nope,I'm not buying that.I'm also very bothered that we don't hear from her family in news interviews.

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #121 on: February 02, 2014, 07:42:16 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/family-believes-missing-woman-leanne-bearden-left-voluntarily/story?id=22334241

Family Believes Missing Woman Leanne Bearden Left Voluntarily
Feb. 2, 2014
By GILLIAN MOHNEY and ANTHONY CASTELLANO via Good Morning America

The husband of a 33-year-old woman who disappeared more than two weeks ago after returning from a two-year trip around the world says his wife was "anxious" about returning home and her family says there's a "strong possibility" she ran away.

"She was having some difficulties adjusting back to life in the United States after being on the road and she was talking to some of her friends and they had also done similar things like that," her husband Joshua Bearden told ABC News.

"Traveling around the world and seeing all these things and then coming back -- obviously she was anxious. I think anybody would be anxious in that situation," he added.

Bearden said Leanne told him she was going for a walk near his parents' home and would be gone for an hour. Leanne never returned and Bearden says she didn't bring a cellphone and had no more than $60 in her wallet and a backpack with a few energy bars. Her credit cards have still not been used.

"She's a budgeter, she could have stretched this money out. She could have stretched this out," Bearden said. "I hope that she's just taking a time-out or playing survivor-woman or something like that. That's actually what keeps me going."

Leanne Bearden's family posted a statement Thursday on a Facebook page dedicated to her, explaining she may have left voluntarily.

"There is evidence that Leanne may have voluntarily left the area, and we understand this is a strong possibility," the family said.

"If Leanne has indeed fled this area, she is extremely vulnerable. She left with only a few assets and is traveling very light. Although she is athletic, she is small in stature. Her mental and physical status is uncertain. We fear for her greatly," the statement continued.

The statement didn't site any specific evidence, but two witnesses have come forward claiming they saw Bearden with a backpack the day she disappeared heading toward Interstate 35, according to her husband.

"She's never done anything like this before, which is really what has me scared and as far as her leaving and not coming back, that's never happened," Joshua Bearden said.

"There's no clues at all and I just can't believe it. Nobody just disappears like that," Joshua Bearden said. Meanwhile, Leanne Bearden's brother refuses to give up hope.

"Just know that we're constantly looking for you. We want you back. We miss you and love you," Douglas Hecht said.

Thank you for the article Texasmom
What I bolded right above is the only thing I heard her family say.The news keeps attributing statements to HER side of the family by saying"the family says"but above is all I heard them say.Josh is looking a little medicated in this video and he seems to be making an effort to stare straight ahead instead of being all shifty eyed like in his earlier interviews.

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #122 on: February 02, 2014, 08:49:25 PM »

TM, what do you think about the guy identifying her walking down the street?  I read on LostNMissing, Inc. that they thought the tree trimmer saw a teenager that day but Josh said it was his wife because of her petite frame and weight that she looked like a teenager

I agree with you it does sound very suspicious.  Have they checked that house thoroughly? 

http://thelostnmissing.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2014-01-24T21:52:00-05:00&max-results=5&start=50&by-date=false

Although the tree trimmer described the pedestrian he saw as a teenager, Will Bearden said that description fits his youthful-looking, petite daughter-in-law, who is 5-foot-2 and weighs 100 pounds.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #123 on: February 02, 2014, 09:03:54 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/family-believes-missing-woman-leanne-bearden-left-voluntarily/story?id=22334241

Feb. 2, 2014

The husband of a 33-year-old woman who disappeared more than two weeks ago after returning from a two-year trip around the world says his wife was "anxious" about returning home and her family says there's a "strong possibility" she ran away.

"She was having some difficulties adjusting back to life in the United States after being on the road and she was talking to some of her friends and they had also done similar things like that," her husband Joshua Bearden told ABC News.

"Traveling around the world and seeing all these things and then coming back -- obviously she was anxious. I think anybody would be anxious in that situation," he added.

Bearden said Leanne told him she was going for a walk near his parents' home and would be gone for an hour. Leanne never returned and Bearden says she didn't bring a cellphone and had no more than $60 in her wallet and a backpack with a few energy bars. Her credit cards have still not been used.

"She's a budgeter, she could have stretched this money out. She could have stretched this out," Bearden said. "I hope that she's just taking a time-out or playing survivor-woman or something like that. That's actually what keeps me going."

Leanne Bearden's family posted a statement Thursday on a Facebook page dedicated to her, explaining she may have left voluntarily.

"There is evidence that Leanne may have voluntarily left the area, and we understand this is a strong possibility," the family said.

"If Leanne has indeed fled this area, she is extremely vulnerable. She left with only a few assets and is traveling very light. Although she is athletic, she is small in stature. Her mental and physical status is uncertain. We fear for her greatly," the statement continued.

The statement didn't site any specific evidence, but two witnesses have come forward claiming they saw Bearden with a backpack the day she disappeared heading toward Interstate 35, according to her husband.

"She's never done anything like this before, which is really what has me scared and as far as her leaving and not coming back, that's never happened," Joshua Bearden said.

"There's no clues at all and I just can't believe it. Nobody just disappears like that," Joshua Bearden said. Meanwhile, Leanne Bearden's brother refuses to give up hope.

"Just know that we're constantly looking for you. We want you back. We miss you and love you," Douglas Hecht said.

Thank you for the article Texasmom
What I bolded right above is the only thing I heard her family say.The news keeps attributing statements to HER side of the family by saying"the family says"but above is all I heard them say.Josh is looking a little medicated in this video and he seems to be making an effort to stare straight ahead instead of being all shifty eyed like in his earlier interviews.

I've seen a few clips with one of Leanne's brothers, but unless I see them say it or they are named with the quote; I'm trying not to attribute anything by "the family" or "her family" to Leanne's side of the family.  Although in at least one of the interviews her brother basically said some of the same things Josh did.  It's hard to tell with what's being posted on the FB page, I think "friends" started the page and are the admins there, so when they say "the family" I'm not sure if they're talking about one side or both.  I hope this ends well and it's not important, but I'm trying to keep it straight in my head at least in the event that it does matter who said what.  I know that Josh's dad hired the PI, and to my knowledge he is the first one that came out with the theory that Leanne left voluntarily; which was different in my opinion than the prior statement from LE that she'd left the house of her own free will.  I still wonder if he or anyone including LE has asked Josh to take a polygraph.  IMO, emails and text messages in this case could very possibly not be what they appear to be...considering.  Phone calls would be another thing.  I just wonder how much of this theory was based on electronic communications and not phone calls?  From Josh's statements they shared the phone, and the laptop.  I've seen him post on Leanne's personal Facebook page since her disappearance so I would imagine he also has access to her email account.  JMO

http://www.kens5.com/news/Family-Strong-possibility-Leanne-Bearden-left-Garden-Ridge-area-voluntarilly-242839721.html

After private investigator Charlie Parker examined Bearden's computer and phone, including emails and text messages, he came to the conclusion that Bearden may have left Garden Ridge on purpose.

Considering Josh's keen interest in Peter Hyatt's statement analysis of his prior statements my guess is he's read what others have said about his interviews as well.  He did look different in this interview to me too.  He was different in his FB posts last night too imo.  I don't know how to explain it but I sensed a bit of euphoria...not sure if that's the word I'm looking for but he made several posts in a short time and was more gracious than I've seen him be.  Thought it was interesting the post he made about his BIL being a troll slayer was taken down...still wondering about that one.  A few other thoughts crossed my mind during those posts last night, but I think they're probably better kept to myself for now.

Josh said all of these things about Leanne, but couldn't the same apply to him?  How was he feeling about getting a job and going back to the daily grind?  Was there any pressure on him to get with the program?  From their FB pages Leanne started her job search Dec 27th and Josh said he was starting Jan 6th.  How was he dealing with any stress he was having adjusting from their travels, was he drinking more?  How tight was their budget, was he under any pressure about that?  Leanne definitely seemed to be the one that had to remind him about being conservative just from a few things I read in their travel blog.  The PI said that they were sitting well financially, but how well?  They still had a few months before they could move back into their house that they'd rented out, and they had been set to go back to Denver a few days after Leanne disappeared.  Unless they were going to be couch surfing there too, my guess is that there would have been some costs of living for those months.  They'd also sold most of their belongings before they left, so how much were they going to have to buy to live?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152113556964907&set=a.10151124540654907.462581.737714906&type=1&theater

(Leanne changed her cover photo to a picture that says Hire ME!)

Leanne Hecht Bearden
December 27, 2013

Sandra Konta What kind of job are you looking for?
December 27, 2013 at 4:02pm

Leanne Hecht Bearden Hey Sandra! I was in sales and account management prior to our journey but I am open to anything new!
December 27, 2013

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10202789807565402&set=a.1616157282951.2085122.1206912181&type=1&theater
Josh Bearden
January 6 · Edited
Got a haircut! The ol' job search starts today. Time to move onto the next dream.

Josh Bearden Yup, I'm back in the good ol' US of A. In San Antonio. If anybody knows of any jobs lying around let me know. I think most of you know my background but if you don't send me a message.
January 6 at 9:11am

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #124 on: February 02, 2014, 10:19:33 PM »

TM, what do you think about the guy identifying her walking down the street?  I read on LostNMissing, Inc. that they thought the tree trimmer saw a teenager that day but Josh said it was his wife because of her petite frame and weight that she looked like a teenager

I agree with you it does sound very suspicious.  Have they checked that house thoroughly? 

http://thelostnmissing.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2014-01-24T21:52:00-05:00&max-results=5&start=50&by-date=false

Although the tree trimmer described the pedestrian he saw as a teenager, Will Bearden said that description fits his youthful-looking, petite daughter-in-law, who is 5-foot-2 and weighs 100 pounds.

Honestly I don't put much stock in this or the other sighting (on 3009) from what I've read about them.  I've seen many comments by people saying they walked or ran in that neighborhood (and always felt safe btw) so I think the witness could have seen someone else.  If Josh wasn't really even concerned about Leanne for three hours and didn't report her missing for I'm guessing at least four hours, how long had it been since they'd seen the person before they were asked about it?

Did the eye witnesses say the person they saw had a backpack?

If so, did those statements prompt the discovery of the missing backpack and powerbars?

Another thing that doesn't make sense to me is the sighting on 3009. I think if Leanne was leaving the area intentionally she would have been farther away by then.  The witness supposedly had heard Leanne was missing (so at least 4 hours after she left) and I've read that the witness said she was headed toward Interstate 35, which is only 4 miles from Josh's parents home from what I can tell.

Map to Hwy 35 from Josh's parents

http://goo.gl/maps/q3Eiu

Fed ex on Hwy 3009 from Josh's parents

http://goo.gl/maps/q3AlK

Read more: http://www.woai.com/articles/woai-local-news-119078/family-looks-like-leanne-ran-away-12022773/#ixzz2sDsmTfEB

Bearden says another indication that Leanne disappeared voluntarily is a driver on Highway 3009 saw a woman who matches her description walking toward I-35 right after she was last seen by a landscaper walking away from the Garden Ridge home.

"He made eye contact with her, he heard about the missing, and thought it was probably her, and he turned around, but by the time he got back there, she was gone," he said.

http://www.woai.com/pages/michaelboard.html?article=12024064

Here's the timeline as best as I can put it togheter.

1:30 - leanne leaves

Josh notices she is going. Goes searching. Can't find her. Freaks out. Calls parents. They tell him to call the cops

5:20 - police are called.

Literally, that's all we can pin down.

The first reported sighting is a tree trimmer working in the neigborhood.  No idea when that happened.

The last reported sighting of Leanne was the day she went missing, January 17th, on FM 3009, near the FedEx shipping center.  It's about 2.5 miles away from the home.  No idea when that happend.

Read more: http://www.woai.com/pages/michaelboard.html?article=12024064#ixzz2sDwJYSrh

That just doesn't make sense to me.

If the landscaper saw her walking away when Josh says she left...

And there's also the scent dogs.  From my understanding Leanne's scent stopped at or before 3009 on Teakwood (but I don't really have anything I'd consider firm on this).

But it really hadn't clicked with me until today that Josh supposedly went searching before he called police.  hmmmm

The only way I can make any sense of the sighting on 3009 near Fed Ex and that sighting being right after the landscaper supposedly saw her would be if the witness was Josh, and he saw her because he was chasing her.  And that imo could be why she never came home, because he caught her and either convinced her to get in the vehicle or forced her into the vehicle.  It's the only scenario that makes sense if the details are correct because as far as we know Josh is the only one that knew she was even gone at that point...but remember according to him, he wasn't really really concerned until three hours later....

If the report about the scent dogs is correct, she probably didn't even make it on to 3009.

I think if she was trying to get away from him, and she actually made it to 3009; she was probably headed to the police department.

JMO

(I hope this makes sense, I've been trying to multi-task!)

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #125 on: February 02, 2014, 10:21:50 PM »

Blue Moon, I hope they have but I haven't read anything about the house or any available vehicle being searched.

I hope they've done a polygraph too, but I haven't read anything about that either.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #126 on: February 02, 2014, 10:27:45 PM »

About the scent dogs...

I haven't seen anyone comment on whether or not Leanne had walked/ran/hiked prior to January 17th, so I think it's possible if she had the dogs may have picked up her scent from a prior walk/run/hike.

jmo

New Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #127 on: February 03, 2014, 12:16:23 PM »

I'm thinking perhaps there have been some texts found on the phone that lead investigators/family to believe she left voluntarily. 

Feb. 2, 2014

To whom is this article referring when it says "her family says"? 
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #128 on: February 03, 2014, 01:08:30 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/ourfriendleannehechtbearden

Our Friend Leanne Hecht Bearden
4 hours ago

Here is a photo of the backpack believed to be with Leanne. The backpack was not noticed to be gone from Leanne's in-laws until a few days after Leanne went missing. Thank you Chris for creating this close-up!

Kristi Keszler Marfil Gabrielle....Sunday afternoon was when we were told she had a backpack, specifically by family. A statement was not released until Tuesday night or even Wednesday that the family had just notice the backpack missing. Just trying to make sure all the facts are out there so authorities and/or family can locate Leanne. I have not stopped praying since Saturday night jan 18th when I first saw it on the news.
Michelle... The eyewitness with the backpack info did not come forward until days after the day we were told this.
2 hours ago · Edited

Our Friend Leanne Hecht Bearden Kristi- can you please pm this page. I am trying to get all times straight for a timeline. thanks
1 · about an hour ago

Michelle Bañuelos Actually, I believe the eye witness said she did have a backpack, before they even realized it was missing
7 · 3 hours ago · Edited

Kim Barron I noticed in one picture that she wore glasses but in all the others, she isn't wearing them, and so I am assuming that she either wears contacts or glasses only for reading. Did she take that stuff with her? Either her reading glasses or her contact lens cleaner, replacements, etc.? I don't typically carry my glasses because most of my reading I do at home. I would not have thought to put in a backpack unless I was planning on being away because I only need them for reading. Just a random thought.
3 · 2 hours ago · Edited

Kristi Keszler Marfil 48 hours after she was missing, we were told personally she had a back pack when she left by family. So the information about the back pack not being discovered until days later is conflicting.
3 · 2 hours ago

Shari Anderson Prayers daily for her safe return!
4 hours ago

Nancy Davis Griffin Wherever you are, and whatever the conditions of your physical health or personal surroundings...so many people love you, Leanne, and will not stop looking for you.
39 minutes ago

Countersearch How often did Leanne carried Josh' backpack herself while traveling? Is the backpack in her possession in the tons of Youtube "travel" videos? I can go through them again, but the family should know right away. [Also, to preempt someone who deems themselves one of the many "Facebook Guarders Against Negativity," I'm asking to try and better interpret her state of mind; was her possession of the backpack typical behavior?]

Have you determined what might be inside the backpack? If not, when do you expect to provide that information? Sorry if this has been discussed already; it needs to be reiterated anyhow.

The Admins here are doing a great job learning as you go. Facebook, which must be used because of popularity, is a poor format for this kind of effort, since ignorant posts are often rewarded by robotic "Likers" and pushed to the top, while factual information and legitimate crowdsourcing-generated questions are hidden or bashed by the "Facebook Guards" I referenced above. You just mentioned a timeline as I'm typing this comment: Very smart!!!

Good luck.
57 minutes ago

Kristi Keszler Marfil Sure. Pm sent. Not trying to stir up anything at all. Just providing factual information.
59 minutes ago

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #129 on: February 03, 2014, 05:16:49 PM »

http://www.woai.com/pages/michaelboard.html?article=12029878

Monday, February 03, 2014
Bearden Update 2/3

Here's a rundown of some updates from the weekend.

Tips:  Somebody saw her walking along i-35. One was a bike rider between here and Houston that looked strange. One spotting in Laredo. Saw her shopping at a Ross store with an hispanic woman. Leanne does not speak Spanish.

They've been in contact daily with homeless shelters and women's shelters. PI Charlie Parker checking homeless shelter in Austin, today.

Leanne has been added to a national DNA registry. The family saved a hairbrush and used that.

The family is asking people to keep checking their property.

That spotting on FM 3009: It was a friend of the Police Chief. He stopped and looked at her because he thought she was a kid who was skipping school. Carrying the backpack that they think she was carrying. It was early afternoon, maybe 2:30.

(photo of his backpack)
Tree trimmer saw her leave about 1:30

She had sent an email from the house at 1:06 pm. Leanne had been corresponding with a woman in Colorado about a possible job. They were supposed to talk at 3:15 San Antonio time.

That email read "Sounds good."
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #130 on: February 03, 2014, 11:46:28 PM »

14 hours ago

Here is a photo of the backpack believed to be with Leanne. The backpack was not noticed to be gone from Leanne's in-laws until a few days after Leanne went missing. Thank you Chris for creating this close-up!

Rachel Mier Voitier I was also wondering about Leanne's glasses. And can you please confirm that this is the daypack and not the full backpack? Leanne, Josh and the rest of the family, I am praying for you.
10 hours ago

Our Friend Leanne Hecht Bearden Hi Rachel - she was not wearing glasses and yes it was the daypack - not the full backpack. Thanks@
6 hours ago

Josh Bearden Also, she had eye surgery before we left so didn't wear glasses or contacts.
2 · 6 hours ago

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #131 on: February 04, 2014, 02:43:23 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/ourfriendleannehechtbearden/posts/224467917744868

Family, friends and caring strangers-

The police and private investigator are receiving new potential sighting information every day. Please know that they are following up on all that comes through and are working to validate or rule-out the sightings. Remember the media is often getting their information 3rd or 4th hand which can often confuse details.

Please continue to share Leanne's story and information as much as you can. We continue to be extremely worried about Leanne's physical and mental health and can't tell you how much we appreciate your support in ensuring Leanne's safety.
3 minutes ago ·

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #132 on: February 04, 2014, 07:15:02 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/ourfriendleannehechtbearden/posts/224392247752435

Countersearch
Trying again, shorter this time:

1. Did she typically use Josh's daypack (the one taken)?

2. Have you inventoried her clothing and other possessions and determined what she took inside the backpack?

You mention her eye surgery in another recent thread - she didn't need the glasses - but you still haven't said whether the glasses were or weren't taken. What she took with her is vital in determining her state of mind before leaving the house. Did she grab a backpack she was already using regularly, or did she grab one she didn't typically use? What was inside?

Again, good luck.
8 hours ago

Josh Bearden 1. No, never 2. She did not have glasses. We think she may have had Power Bars. Other than a couple of small items it appears that she did not take a change of clothes or anything like that.
3 hours ago

Countersearch Thanks!
3 hours ago

Josh Bearden Thanks for helping! I'll try to give as much info as I can. I've beat myself up trying to remember what she could have and it isn't much to be honest. I really don't think this was planned but as long as people are looking that's all we can ask for.
3 hours ago

Jean McGuire Josh would it be possible the backpack we think Leanne might have could be packed away for the trip home to Denver?
about an hour ago

Josh Bearden We hiked enchanted rock the week before and the power bars were in it with a couple of small items. Other than that it was empty. That might have been why she took it. I've gone through all of her clothes and I don't think she could have taken much with her. Also, I was upstairs working on the computer and she went out the garage which is downstairs so I don't know exactly what she grabbed. The problem I'm having is although we were together all the time on our trip we left a lot of clothes at my parents house before we left. I'm having trouble identifying what we left two years ago but I know she couldn't have taken much.
about an hour ago

Martina Ash Renken Josh, was she in the habit of going for a walk alone, maybe daily, same time? And was she in the habit of taking her wallet and some kind of bag/backpack with her? I apologize if this has already been asked and answered!
57 minutes ago

Josh Bearden No, all are unusual except taking wallet.
31 minutes ago

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #133 on: February 04, 2014, 07:29:57 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/ourfriendleannehechtbearden/posts/224203854437941

Tabitha Stacey
I know this may sound odd but...do you have any recent videos of her? I only ask because most, if not all of the pictures you have posted of her...she is smiling. Pictures can capture a split second in time but they do not have the ability to capture a person's posture or the way they walk...they cannot describe the mannerism of an individual nor can they convey the sound of a person's voice. As a person who has never met her and has only seen pictures of her...if videos of her walking, standing there without a smile on her face, or hearing her voice...it gives the people that do not know her the ability to use numerous characteristics to their advantage when keeping an eye out for her.
16 hours ago near San Marcos, TX

Candice St Bernard There are videos on her blog.
8 hours ago

Josh Bearden As soon as I get our laptop back I'll be posting more videos. LE still has it.
4 hours ago

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #134 on: February 04, 2014, 07:34:09 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/ourfriendleannehechtbearden/posts/224091477782512

Martina Ash Renken
I want to suggest that you put her missing poster also on Josh and Leanne's explore365 blog. People who look for travel advice, or people who Josh and Leanne met during their trip or infrequent readers of the blog who don't know yet that she's missing might see it that way.
Yesterday at 4:45pm

Josh Bearden Hi Martina, I will do that as soon as I get our laptop back from LE.
18 hours ago

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #135 on: February 04, 2014, 07:44:26 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/ourfriendleannehechtbearden/posts/224056461119347

Scarlett Scarpetta
Josh Bearden- Can you tell me some more things about Leanne that would help us find her? Mannerisms, habits,does she wear glasses? or contacts? What kind of shoes did she have?

Thanks.
Yesterday at 2:13pm

Josh Bearden Hi Scarlett, we're working on getting that together right now. She had eye surgery so she doesn't wear glasses or contacts.
18 hours ago

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #136 on: February 04, 2014, 08:28:08 PM »

5 hours ago

Family, friends and caring strangers-

The police and private investigator are receiving new potential sighting information every day. Please know that they are following up on all that comes through and are working to validate or rule-out the sightings. Remember the media is often getting their information 3rd or 4th hand which can often confuse details.

Our Friend Leanne Hecht Bearden Yes - the tree-trimmer mentioned a backpack
6 · 4 hours ago

Scarlett Scarpetta What about the next person that saw her? Did they mention the backpack also??
2 · 3 hours ago

Our Friend Leanne Hecht Bearden The WOAI report is inaccurate in that the family has NOT CONCLUDED ANYTHING and is still exploring all possibilities. As mentioned above, there have been a number of sightings at this point but only the sightings from the first day have been validated at this point.
7 · 4 hours ago

-----------------------
Maybe they (above) are referring to this article...

http://www.woai.com/articles/woai-local-news-119078/did-leanne-bearden-make-a-run-12031893/
Did Leanne Bearden Make a Run For The Border??
Posted Tuesday, February 4th 2014 @ 5am 

Is Leanne Bearden in Mexico?

Bearden's family says it has come to the conclusion that the 33 year old Denver woman, who vanished from her in laws home in Garden Ridge January 17th, may have been spotted on the Mexican border.

"Our private investigator in Laredo says there was a sighting of her down there," Will Bearden, Leanne's father in law, told 1200 WOAI's Michael Board, "Somebody said they saw her with a Mexican woman, shopping."

Will Bearden says that would be consistent with reported sightings of the woman on Highway 3009, which heads from Garden Ridge to Interstate 35, and at several places along I-35, between the Metrocom and Laredo.

Leanne had just returned from traveling the world with her husband Joshua and the family was staying with Joshua's parents in Garden Ridge waiting for tenants, who had leased their home in Denver while they were out of the country, to move out. In fact, the reason Will Bearden gave why Leanne did not take a cell phone with her when she left to go for a 'walk' in the early afternoon of January 17th was that prospective employers in Denver may be calling back.

"We are not angry at her," Will said. "She is not in any legal trouble, and if that is what she is worried about, please, we're asking her not to be concerned about that."

Prominent San Antonio private detective Charlie Parker, who took over the case when police determined that Bearden was not a victim of foul play, will be in Laredo today to check out the alleged sighting.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #137 on: February 04, 2014, 08:48:46 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/ourfriendleannehechtbearden/posts/224392247752435?comment_id=467134&offset=0&total_comments=6

Josh Bearden It doesn't matter if you believe me or not. Three confirmed eye witnesses saw here heading towards I-35. Plus, the bloodhound followed her scent in the same direction before losing it. You can not believe all you want.
31 minutes ago

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #138 on: February 04, 2014, 09:09:30 PM »

Did anyone ever think that backpack might have had money in it left over from their world travels?  JMO

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #139 on: February 05, 2014, 12:37:11 AM »

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=15048.msg1583812#msg1583812

1. Did she typically use Josh's daypack (the one taken)?

Josh Bearden 1. No, never

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=15048.msg1583753#msg1583753

Did the eye witnesses say the person they saw had a backpack?

If so, did those statements prompt the discovery of the missing backpack and powerbars?

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=15048.msg1583818#msg1583818

Our Friend Leanne Hecht Bearden Yes - the tree-trimmer mentioned a backpack

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=15048.msg1583774#msg1583774

The backpack was not noticed to be gone from Leanne's in-laws until a few days after Leanne went missing.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=15048.msg1583399#msg1583399

http://www.woai.com/pages/michaelboard.html?article=12002765

Friday, January 24, 2014
Leanne Bearden, One Week Later

Here's the latest:  The 33 year old may have been carrying a backpack.  We have learned that her family noticed that a backpack was missing from the home.  It's black on the sides and orange on the front.

Remember what Josh said when someone else finally posted a picture of a close up of his backpack.  The pictures that he claims to have been unable (but I think it was more unwilling) to post?  How long has Leanne been missing now?  He wants everyone to look for her, and the page that has all the "accurate" information finally posts a picture (NOT of the supposedly missing backpack that they believe Leanne may be carrying) but of the matching rolling bag on February 1sthttp://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=15048.msg1583724#msg1583724

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=15048.msg1583726#msg1583726

"From the side it could be confused as black."

Does that look black to you?

Again...I hope I'm wrong, and Leanne is safe and sound shopping for clothes with some Mexican lady in Laredo, or anywhere else in this world safe and sound.  But if Josh really believed Leanne left of her own free will with his backpack, and he's desperate to find her...other people would not have had to post the pictures of his backpack.  He's still saying he's got a high resolution picture on his laptop that he'll post when he gets it back from LE.  That won't change the color of the backpack!  I think one or more of the eye witnesses have probably described a BLACK backpack and Josh is trying to make his fit, even though he even says Leanne never used it! 

She traveled the world with hers, it's green.

Josh said on FB that he's also waiting to get their laptop back so he can add Leanne's missing poster to their travel blog.  A lot of people have asked why it hasn't been posted there.

JMO 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.