April 24, 2024, 12:23:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 33 yo Leanne Hecht Bearden Missing Since 1/17/14  (Read 204513 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2014, 03:24:17 PM »

Video

http://abcnews.go.com/US/traveling-world-woman-missing-close-home/story?id=22030159

After Traveling the World, Woman Goes Missing Close to Home

Jan. 26, 2014
By GILLIAN MOHNEY via Good Morning America

Texas police are baffled by the disappearance of a 33-year-old woman, who after returning from a two-year trip around the world went missing near her in-laws' Texas home.

Leanne Bearden, 33, was last seen Jan. 17 when she went for a jog near her in-laws home in Garden Ridge, a suburb of San Antonio.

She and her husband Josh were visiting his parents for a few weeks after returning from a nearly two-year-long trip around the world. The pair planned to go back to their home in Denver, Colo., and look for jobs.

"We have exhausted the area surrounding our city and we will continue to follow all leads," Garden Ridge Police Chief Donna O'Conner said.

Dale Lane of the Texas State Guard said they had searched 23 square miles for the missing woman, but had so far found nothing.

"We have no idea what has happened, we have no clues whatsoever and the police department briefed us as well and they have no clues as to where Leanne might be," Bearden's brother, Michael Hecht told ABC News.

Another search in the area on Saturday, eight days after Bearden went missing, turned up no sign of the missing woman.

Bearden and her husband Josh were planning to move back to Denver to settle down after their years long trip around the world.

"He's devastated at this point as any husband would be," Hecht said of Josh Bearden. "I think he would like to take a few days to figure out what to do."

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2014, 03:36:03 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=776375669042664&set=a.160865290593708.42966.114592218554349&type=1&theater

https://www.facebook.com/ParadymeBand/posts/10152005171629209?stream_ref=10

Paradyme shared a link.
January 22

Hi Guys...we're dusting off this page in hopes that it will help with the search for Our Friend Leanne Hecht Bearden. She's been missing since Jan 17th. As our former lead singer and friend we're desperate for any help we can get on the ground or donations or just to spread the word to anyone who might have seen something. Please share this link!!

https://www.facebook.com/ParadymeBand/posts/233259943437637?stream_ref=10

Paradyme
March 11, 2012

Hey Everyone...Paradyme has moved in a new direction. Leanne has started an amazing adventure traveling the world and we're so excited for her! She's like a sister to us and she will be missed!

Ron, Jason and Jay have been writing and recording their own songs and are proud to announce the formation of the band Vivid Fiction. Please check us out at http://www.facebook.com/vividfiction and share with your friends.

We thank all of you for your support and look forward to seeing you soon!

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2014, 04:12:52 PM »

http://findleannebearden.com/images/leannebeardenposter.pdf

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2014, 04:22:53 PM »

Hope I'm wrong, but I'm seeing some red flags here.  JMO   

Watch the video:

http://www.kens5.com/home/Garden-Ridge-police-looking-for-woman-missing-since-Friday-241077051.html

Texasmom  I watched the video of Leannes husband. Are you thinking he is just a tad casual about her missing. If she went out for a walk why did she have cash and credit cards on her. I can understand having some cash but why credit cards? This is down right odd. I know we all act differently during things. But he does seem a little cool & calm.

Several things bugged me about it.  I agree with you, doesn't seem overly concerned...casual.  In both interviews I've watched, he looks away a lot imo, and that little laugh sent a chill up my spine too.  Was she really expecting a call in an hour as as been reported?  If so, why did it take him three hours to know something was really wrong, and the comment about her being ten miles away and deciding to explore a drainage ditch?  He's from the area from my understanding, but she's not.  No idea how much time they've spent together in this area prior; but from my understanding they've been married four years, with two of it traveling the world, and they lived in Denver.  If she wanted to go on an adventure hike in that area, why did she go alone?  I think he probably knows the area fairly well.  His speculation as to what has happened to her just really concerns me.   JMO

That's pretty much how I felt and thought when I watched the video. But like you it's just my opinion. Yes that little chuckle crept  me out too.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2014, 05:28:11 PM »

33 Year Old Leanne Hecht Bearden Missing Since 1/17/14 in Garden Ridge, TX … Reportedly Went for a Walk from In-Laws Home

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2014/01/26/33-year-old-leanne-hecht-bearden-missing-since-11714-in-garden-ridge-tx/

By any chance do we know the exact address of Leanne's in-laws where she walked off from? (UPDATED - Actually I think I found the address, remembered seeing a video with the father-in-laws name in it.)

Also, this link references that there searchers scoured a 23 mile area, but not where.

http://m.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/Police-FBI-scour-23-mile-area-for-missing-woman-5174674.php

Initially, the police were called after she walked off an hour. So if it was just her walking off and being an adventurists, how far could she have really been from the home?

And yes, the video is a little unsettling. Also, as reports say they were the only two at how when she supposedly went off for a walk. Wonder how long they were at the house alone?

« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 05:46:01 PM by Red » Logged
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2014, 05:50:41 PM »

A WITNESS!!

Search continues for woman missing in Comal Co.
Sunday, January 26, 2014, 9:20 am

… “Her husband, Josh, has been cooperative with all investigations and is not a person of interest,” Garden Ridge Police Chief Donna O’Conner said in a statement. “Our heart goes out to the Hecht and Bearden families as they search for their loved one.”

A man trimming trees across the street reportedly saw Bearden leave the home January 17. Garden Ridge police say they interviewed that man and verified the time she left the home by herself, and that everything appeared fine.

“We just don’t know,” said Leanne’s father-in-law. “We will stick with what we know until we know something differently. And what we know is she walked out of the driveway and walked up the street and that’s all we know.” …

http://kxan.com/2014/01/26/search-continues-for-missing-woman-in-comal-co/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2014, 06:03:01 PM »

Maybe they need to be searching the quarry? She did not just disappear into thin air. Have they put divers into the quarry or sonar?

I grew up in an area and we swam in a quarry that was hundreds of feet deep with jagged rock edges.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2014, 06:51:08 PM »

I'm wondering what kind of interviews?  Media or LE?

Has LE interviewed him?  Has he taken a polygraph?

https://www.facebook.com/ourfriendleannehechtbearden/posts/220237371501256

Karen Edwards Reynolds I am very saddened that good news didn't come from the search today, but I know that hope exists that there will be answers any day now. Your family is experiencing "faith, hope, and the greatest of these, charity." Josh, so many are wishing you and your family the best of all circumstances.
11 hours ago · Edited

Josh Bearden Thank you Karen. Please know that we are working as hard as we can.
11 hours ago

Karen Edwards Reynolds I know you are. Take care of yourself.
11 hours ago

Josh Bearden I'm trying. I've slept 13 hours in the last 8 days. Eventually I'll have to do some interviews but I just can't right now. I'm a mess. I want my best friend back but I feel helpless.
11 hours ago

Or Job interviews? 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2014, 06:51:53 PM »

I don't like Josh's interview either.  Something's not right.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2014, 07:35:49 PM »

33 Year Old Leanne Hecht Bearden Missing Since 1/17/14 in Garden Ridge, TX … Reportedly Went for a Walk from In-Laws Home

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2014/01/26/33-year-old-leanne-hecht-bearden-missing-since-11714-in-garden-ridge-tx/

By any chance do we know the exact address of Leanne's in-laws where she walked off from? (UPDATED - Actually I think I found the address, remembered seeing a video with the father-in-laws name in it.)

Also, this link references that there searchers scoured a 23 mile area, but not where.

http://m.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/Police-FBI-scour-23-mile-area-for-missing-woman-5174674.php

Initially, the police were called after she walked off an hour. So if it was just her walking off and being an adventurists, how far could she have really been from the home?

And yes, the video is a little unsettling. Also, as reports say they were the only two at how when she supposedly went off for a walk.  Wonder how long they were at the house alone?

I've wondered how long his parents had been away too.  Read a comment on one of the articles where someone stated they'd "heard" the parents had been gone all week, but I've seen nothing that confirms that.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2014, 07:38:44 PM »

Karen Edwards Reynolds I am very saddened that good news didn't come from the search today, but I know that hope exists that there will be answers any day now. Your family is experiencing "faith, hope, and the greatest of these, charity." Josh, so many are wishing you and your family the best of all circumstances.
11 hours ago · Edited

Josh Bearden Thank you Karen. Please know that we are working as hard as we can.
11 hours ago

11 hours ago

Josh Bearden I'm trying. I've slept 13 hours in the last 8 days. Eventually I'll have to do some interviews but I just can't right now. I'm a mess. I want my best friend back but I feel helpless.
11 hours ago

Or Job interviews? 

Could be.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2014, 08:43:29 PM »

Maybe they need to be searching the quarry? She did not just disappear into thin air. Have they put divers into the quarry or sonar?

I grew up in an area and we swam in a quarry that was hundreds of feet deep with jagged rock edges.

Red

It appears that Josh’s family is speaking out to the media. Does Leanne have family? If she does … to my knowledge up to now they have been silent. Why?

Anyways … is it possible Leanne was having more difficult time with the transition than anybody realized and … it all became too overwhelming?

Leanne allegedly told her husband that she would be going for a one hour in  ... however that search area expands 23 square miles.

Janet

+++++

Family: Missing woman did not walk away
January 20, 2014

<snipped>

Leanne and Josh Bearden were scheduled on Monday to go back to Denver, where they had job interviews lined up, Sculley said. They were renting their house there through an agency and were planning to take it over in May, Sculley said.

Leanne Bearden was having some difficulties adjusting after the worldwide excursion, according to her sister-in-law.

“It was kind of a hard transition for her, so she’s having some anxiety about it, but nothing that seemed like she was just going to run off,” Sculley said.

<snipped>

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=15048.0

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/Search-for-missing-woman-turns-up-no-new-evidence-5174674.php
Search for missing woman turns up no new evidence
January 25, 2014
Updated January 26, 2014

<snipped>

More than 100 volunteers from Texas Search and Rescue and the Texas State Guard Maritime Regiment joined the massive search, as did roughly four dozen law enforcement officials from Comal County, the Department of Public Safety, the Texas Rangers and the FBI, among other agencies.

They scoured a 23-square-mile area — far larger than tiny, 6-square-mile Garden Ridge.

<snipped>

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/Search-for-missing-woman-turns-up-no-new-evidence-5174674.php

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2014, 08:51:28 PM »

11 hours ago · Edited

11 hours ago

11 hours ago

11 hours ago

Or Job interviews? 
Here's another instance of the husband making it all about himself.   7x for I or my in that last sentence alone.  And interviews....burdensome?... that's what you do if you're missing a loved one.  Not a good feeling on this one at all.  And hopefully she shows up and I will be eating those words tomorrow.
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2014, 08:56:53 PM »

Leanne and Josh Bearden were scheduled on Monday to go back to Denver, where they had job interviews lined up, Sculley said. They were renting their house there through an agency and were planning to take it over in May, Sculley said.

Leanne Bearden was having some difficulties adjusting after the worldwide excursion, according to her sister-in-law.

“It was kind of a hard transition for her, so she’s having some anxiety about it, but nothing that seemed like she was just going to run off,” Sculley said.

Have been trying to figure out what difficulty adjusting could be. It is not like these two were marooned on Gilligan's Island and had to overcome the difficulties of being stranded on a desert island. I can't imagine being able to afford at their young age being able to travel for two years and not working. Do these kids come from money? Seems a bit young to be doing bucket list items like this.

Although, I will say this ... I traveled Europe with my best friend in between my senior year of hs and freshman year of college. However, it was for 2 months, not 2 years. And it was more how to Europe on $5 a day. That said, during the trip and by the end of it there were times that I never wanted to speak to my friend because of being around each other 24/7 for so long. Maybe she did a runaway bride?

The case is extremely bizarre.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2014, 08:58:29 PM »

11 hours ago · Edited

11 hours ago

11 hours ago

11 hours ago

Or Job interviews? 
Here's another instance of the husband making it all about himself.   7x for I or my in that last sentence alone.  And interviews....burdensome?... that's what you do if you're missing a loved one.  Not a good feeling on this one at all.  And hopefully she shows up and I will be eating those words tomorrow.

Hoping I eat my words too, just want her to be safe. 

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2014, 09:15:23 PM »

Have been trying to figure out what difficulty adjusting could be. It is not like these two were marooned on Gilligan's Island and had to overcome the difficulties of being stranded on a desert island. I can't imagine being able to afford at their young age being able to travel for two years and not working. Do these kids come from money? Seems a bit young to be doing bucket list items like this.

Although, I will say this ... I traveled Europe with my best friend in between my senior year of hs and freshman year of college. However, it was for 2 months, not 2 years. And it was more how to Europe on $5 a day. That said, during the trip and by the end of it there were times that I never wanted to speak to my friend because of being around each other 24/7 for so long. Maybe she did a runaway bride?

That scenario crossed my mind too.  However ... Leanne would have had to taken off with somebody.  According to Josh none of her credit cards have been used.

On the other hand ... jogging alone is not a good idea.  Could it be that Leanne will be found in the 6 square miles that make up Garden Ridge.   

Janet

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2014, 10:28:25 PM »

I've been thinking much the same, Red.

Also have been trying to imagine traveling the world for two years and then coming back to reality....to stay with the in-laws for a month.  Maybe that was part of the trouble adjusting?

No matter how much they planned, I imagine they are deeply in debt.  I've read that they were going to drive back to Denver within a few days of her disappearance.  Had this been the plan all along or were they having issues staying with his parents?  They weren't supposed to take their (rented out) home back over until May?  Where were they planning on living until then?

As to the coming from money...  I haven't read much about Leanne's family, I know she's from a larger family (she the youngest of four kids iirc).  From what I can tell Josh has one sister.  The community Josh's parents live in seems to be nice.  Seems that both dad's may be retired military?  Her dad's Facebook says he works for Audi North Atlanta.  https://www.facebook.com/michael.hecht.545?hc_location=stream

Josh's dad is also President of the board and a Director at Covenant Baptist Church in their community, but I don't know if that's a paying job or not.

Dad's full name is George Wilburn Bearden, he must go by "Will". 

http://mca-usa.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/MCAJune2007.pdf
The Military Chaplain (Newsletter)
(New Members)
George W. Bearden, USA Ret, Garden Ridge, TX

http://www.wysk.com/index/texas/san-antonio/ucktv6y/covenant-baptist-church-of-gardenridge/officers

Will Bearden    Director    9325 Sumac Lane
Garden Ridge TX 78266

Will Bearden    President    9325 Sumac Lane
Garden Ridge TX 78266

Maybe she didn't think he was trying hard enough to get a job?  Or vice-versa?

Just trying to think of points of contention, money is always high on that list imo.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2014, 10:37:46 PM »

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/Family-of-missing-woman-searching-for-answers-5165452.php

Family of missing woman searching for answers

By Mark D. Wilson and Alia Malik, San Antonio Express-News :

January 22, 2014 : Updated: January 22, 2014 11:59pm

What they have in common, Will Bearden said, are travel and their love of people. They both enjoy the outdoors.

“They really click together,” he said, describing the couple as adventurous. “They do a lot of hiking and mountain climbing in Colorado.”

Leanne had been to South America and Europe, and Josh, whose father served in the Army, lived in Korea, Germany and several places in the U.S.

Leanne, the youngest of four children, graduated from Roswell High School in Georgia before attending the University of Georgia.

“She was the homecoming princess in high school,” said Joy Hecht Colombo, Leanne's sister. “She was very intelligent. She loved everybody, no matter who they were.”

Leanne received a degree in marketing, then moved to Denver to work for a small company.

Josh graduated from Cole High School at Fort Sam Houston in 1992, according to his father.

He attended a branch of the University of Maryland in Germany and later returned to Texas and received a degree in marketing from Texas A&M.

“He is a proud Aggie,” his father said.

Shortly after graduating, Josh moved to Denver, where he and Leanne were later introduced through mutual friends, his father said. They dated for about a year before deciding to marry.

True to their outdoorsy nature, the ceremony was held at the Denver Zoo, overlooking an exhibit about the Serengeti.

Will Bearden, a retired Army chaplain, said he performed the ceremony.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2014, 11:33:52 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/ourfriendleannehechtbearden/posts/220162801508713?stream_ref=10

Our Friend Leanne Hecht Bearden
Yesterday
We continue to await more information on today's search efforts.

On a positive note, Leanne's loving Denver friends and caring strangers came out in droves to the fundraising events last night. Over 500 people came out to the events that raised nearly $16,000 for the fund to help find Leanne and bring her home! We can not thank all of the organizers who worked tirelessly to bring these events together and to all those that attended and donated. THANK YOU all for the support you continue to provide to the Bearden and Hecht families!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2014, 11:49:20 PM »

http://www.woai.com/pages/michaelboard.html?article=12004840

Saturday, January 25, 2014
Leanne Bearden Press Release

Here's the press release the garden ridge pd put out this evening:

PRESS RELEASE Jan. 25, 14 A multi-agency search was conducted today for Leanne Hecht Bearden. This is the latest in the investigation into the disappearance of Leanne after she went for a walk on Jan. 17th from a relative’s home in Garden Ridge. The search basically covered a 23 square acre area that formed a cone surrounding where she was last seen. The search consisted of foot, canine, horseback, ATV and air elements from many agencies, local, state and federal including military. The search resulted in no signs of Ms. Bearden. As in all investigations, those who last saw the missing person are considered persons of interest. While we continue to follow all leads, an extensive investigation has led us to believe that Mrs. Bearden went for a walk and did not meet with foul play at the family home or in the immediate area. Her husband, Josh, has been cooperative with all investigations and is not a person of interest. Our heart goes out to the Hecht and Bearden families as they search for their loved one. We continue to support them in their efforts and encourage anyone with information to contact Comal County Crime Stoppers or the Garden Ridge Police Department via e-mail police@ci.garden-ridge.tx.us. Any updated information will be posted at www.ci.garden-ridge.tx.us. While law enforcement does not speculate, our concern is that Mrs. Bearden was not familiar with the area, she may have become disoriented or lost. Ms. Bearden is listed as a missing person through every available missing person data base. The Garden Ridge Police Department would like to thank Sheriff Holder, Captain Ward and the Comal County Sheriff’s Office, Comal County Constables, Comal County Emergency Management, Schertz PD, Texas Rangers, Texas Dept. of Public Safety and The Bracken Fire for providing local support. TEXAR (Texas Search and Rescue) CEO, Greg Pyles, provided the organizational skills to mount this massive search. This search was made possible by the efforts of over 145 highly trained search and rescue personnel from over 17 agencies. Chief Donna O’Conner

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.