April 23, 2024, 12:47:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 33 yo Leanne Hecht Bearden Missing Since 1/17/14  (Read 204509 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #260 on: February 12, 2014, 09:50:25 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/12/leanne-hecht-bearden-update_n_4776484.html

Leanne Hecht Bearden Missing: Siblings Say She 'Would Never Leave' Without Telling Anyone
Posted: 02/12/2014 5:14 pm EST Updated: 02/12/2014 5:59 pm EST

In the days leading up to her disappearance, Leanne Hecht Bearden said she was tired of traveling after her trip around the world and was anxious to return home.

"She said, 'I want to come home to my family with lots of hugs and kisses,'" Bearden's sister, Joy Hecht Colombo, told The Huffington Post.

Indeed, the trip was exhausting. Bearden, 33, and her husband, Josh, had been gone 22 months. They visited 58 countries during that time, and they blogged about their experience online.

Upon the couple's return, the Beardens visited Josh Bearden's family in San Antonio, Texas. From there, they were going to head back to Denver, Colo., where they lived before they set out on their lengthy trip.

So when Leanne Bearden disappeared while walking near her in-laws house on Jan. 17, some people -- including at least one family member -- speculated she might have voluntarily vanished. Perhaps, they thought, the pressure of transitioning from a two-year trip back into a "normal" life had prompted her to take off.

Not so, say her brother and sister.

"She would never leave of her own free will. That is not her at all," Leanne Bearden's brother, Doug Hecht, told HuffPost.

"She's very responsible," Colombo added. "She loves her family and she would never put us through this."

Police, search-and-rescue crews and the Texas Rangers have all come up empty in their search for Leanne Bearden. Authorities have investigated possible sightings, but to date they have all turned out to be cases of misidentification.

Those cases of misidentification, as well as a lot of misinformation online, have made it difficult for Leanne Bearden's family. Every day, they said, they are presented with false hope, baseless conjectures and outrageous accusations, none of which have served to help them in their plight.

"We're definitely leery of what's out there," said Hecht.

"And there has been no evidence found on her computer," Colombo said, referring to Internet rumors. "All of the tips, sightings, and everything else has led to nothing."

The siblings are now hopeful a reward the family is offering will lead to information in the case.

According to Colombo and Hecht, $10,000 is being offered for information that leads to their sister's exact location. An additional $10,000 is being offered for information that leads to her safe return.

"We just want to know something," Hecht said. "We feel like we’re in the dark and not knowing is just killing us."

"This feels like a book that never ends." Colombo added.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #261 on: February 12, 2014, 09:53:10 PM »

I'm so glad they are speaking out!   

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #262 on: February 12, 2014, 09:59:54 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/ourfriendleannehechtbearden/posts/10152167480627517

Tracey Tavolacci Hecht
We keep having people ask why Leanne's family has not spoken. The fact is that her siblings were interviewed a few weeks ago by GMA and the interview was cut. So we have been trying to get out there and speak. Finally an article came out today from the Hecht family...
Missing Woman 'Would Never Leave Of Her Own Free Will' Without Telling Anyone
www.huffingtonpost.com
In the days leading up to her disappearance, Leanne Hecht Bearden said she was tired of traveling after her trip around the world and was anxious to return
3 hours ago near Dawsonville, GA

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #263 on: February 12, 2014, 10:09:52 PM »

It looks to me like Leanne's hubby runs with any rumor that he finds out there as if he is looking for a plausible explanation for why she is not there.  To me (again JMO) he is trying too hard to explain what happened to her by running with any and every speculation on what happened with her.

As for him not being a suspect, I agree with Klaas, famous last words by a "suspect".  JMO

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #264 on: February 12, 2014, 11:33:40 PM »

It looks to me like Leanne's hubby runs with any rumor that he finds out there as if he is looking for a plausible explanation for why she is not there.  To me (again JMO) he is trying too hard to explain what happened to her by running with any and every speculation on what happened with her.

As for him not being a suspect, I agree with Klaas, famous last words by a "suspect".  JMO

I agree Blue Moon. 

JMO  The PI bugs me too...I'm not impressed at all.   

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #265 on: February 12, 2014, 11:58:59 PM »

I am glad to hear from Leanne's family.  To be honest I never know and can only assume when Josh says 'the family" I always get the feeling that it is him and his parents and not Leanne's family.  How horrible for them.

As for the PI, I know from Alex's case that his family hired a PI early on and you could tell by little things said that the police did not welcome him completely.  Police always assume that a PI will cause more problems than help and I know some of Alex's friends are praising the PI and others the police for solving his case.  Leanne's case hasn't caught on on Facebook like Alex's did.  Maybe Josh needs to turn the communication over to a close friend or a brother or sister and see if that will attract more attention to her case.  I know the PI is probably telling him to run her FB page but I really don't believe he is the one to be running.  He is not coming off as credible and it is hurting her being found.  JMO.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #266 on: February 13, 2014, 01:16:00 AM »

http://www.ksat.com/news/family-of-missing-woman-remains-hopeful/-/478452/24442662/-/rj0fi3/-/index.html

Family of missing woman remains hopeful
Leanne Bearden, 33, missing since January
Author: Stephanie Serna, Reporter, sserna@ksat.com
Published On: Feb 12 2014 10:19:10 PM CST

SAN ANTONIO -

It's been more than three weeks since Leanne Bearden, 33, was last seen.

Her family and friends have not heard from her but remain hopeful.

"My brothers and I are very devastated," said JoyMarie Hecht Columbo, Bearden's sister. "We just don't know what to do. We're doing everything we can."

Bearden was last seen in January in Garden Ridge when she went for a walk and never returned.

Columbo said she and her sister would talk often, and to not hear from her for this long really worries her.

"If she was OK, she would call us," said Columbo. "So it's uncharacteristic for her to not call us in three-plus weeks -- at least one of us."

Columbo said she's not sure what happened to her sister -- if she was abducted or if she got hurt -- but that she wants people to know that the rumors going around that Bearden just ran off are just not true.

"We've heard where people said she's run off with someone else or she's borrowing money, but she is a responsible budgeter," said Columbo. "She budgets her money. She puts others first.. She loves her family and would never put us through this, what we've gone through in the last few weeks."

Columbo said she's hoping the reward fliers that went out this week will encourage people to come forward. The family is now offering a $10,000 reward for information that discloses the exact location of Leanne and an additional $10,000 for information that leads to her safe return.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #267 on: February 13, 2014, 01:30:38 AM »

Posted a while back about TES offering assistance with drones...but there have been questions all along (on the FB page) about why they haven't been more involved.

http://texasequusearch.org/about/how-when-and-why-we-search/

We do search for many people that might possibly be the victims of foul play, but only after law enforcement officers either requests our help, or gives Texas EquuSearch their approval to enter the case and conduct a search. In many cases, investigators may postpone their approval for several days, and rightfully so. That’s because the investigators are following-up on multiple leads, waiting for the findings of tests on crime scene evidence, interviewing witnesses, getting subpoenas, awaiting the results of phone records and much more. Only on a television program will you see a foul play related missing person case be solved — in one hour.

Texas EquuSearch will do whatever it can to find a missing person, but will not search for any person that has disappeared of their “own free will” or by their own choice. One thing that slows our response and the search activation on a missing person … is when we learn the missing person’s family and friends have not been truthful with us, or that they have withheld important information, or they have avoided or chose not to tell us about circumstances leading up-to or surrounding the missing person’s disappearance. They don’t realize that sooner or later, we will learn the truth.

Recent chatter on the FB page regarding TES.

https://www.facebook.com/ourfriendleannehechtbearden/posts/669602123097464

Stacy Gomez
Was http://texasequusearch.org/ called or used they seem to be the gold standard in finding missing people?
Texas Equusearch | Mounted Search and Recovery
texasequusearch.org
10 hours ago near Kenosha, WI

Our Friend Leanne Hecht Bearden Stacy- yes they were engaged within days of Leanne going missing, but they have been engaged in discussions with the police and have not done much else.
10 hours ago

Ashley Lampkin Per their website they don't get involved in cases where a person "left on their own free will" - so maybe once that info about Leanne is corrected thru others/media maybe that organization will get involved...I hope they will help in the search for Leanne.
2 hours ago

Stacy Gomez Well that is good to hear you are waiting on them.
10 hours ago

https://www.facebook.com/ourfriendleannehechtbearden/posts/227499060775087?comment_id=478261&offset=0&total_comments=2

Josh Bearden The police have told us that she was seen by the tree trimmer(s), a man on 3009 who reads the paper everyday on his front porch in the afternoons (3009 towards 2252, this is also close to where the dog stopped following her scent because we were told to stop), and the guy in his truck by the FedEx building. That's all we've been told by the police as far as credible witnesses. I still don't know where the info came from that the last one has been discounted but if it has it changes a lot because her going on 2252 becomes more of a possibility.
10 hours ago

Jaime Junior Hello Josh, my thoughts are with LeAnne, You and your family. Do you think maybe the specialty rescue dogs should return and attempt to follow LeAnne's scent again. Sending you hugs
9 hours ago

Martina Ash Renken I agree, dogs should be brought in once more. It's not too late.
8 hours ago

Martina Ash Renken And why would a search dog be told to stop?? And by whom?
8 hours ago

Josh Bearden I think Texas Equusearch may help us now. Fingers crossed! They have dogs right?
8 hours ago

Martina Ash Renken Yes they do as far as I know. They have a lot of resources. That would be awesome!!
8 hours ago

Martina Ash Renken http://texasequusearch.org/about/how-when-and-why-we-search/
7 hours ago

Scarlett Scarpetta Praying TES will help. I really feel not only will they help find her but them being involved will turn the "mood" of the search. TOO many people seem to think she walked off. I don't think that is true. I think she needs help and people to find her now.. Keep fighting for Leanne!
7 hours ago

Deb Mowers TES will get the resources you need. Dogs, planes helicopters, drones, boat, sonar equip, ground searches etc
7 hours ago

Josh Bearden It's not confirmed yet but we're trying as hard as we can. We WANT their help. I'll beg them if they need me to.
7 hours ago

Josh Bearden Regarding the dog. Her sister was with us. Ask her. I still have to keep good relations so I can't comment.
6 hours ago

Josh Bearden Also, when I went out looking for Leanne I drove my parent's car because the battery in the truck was dead and it wasn't registered. Feel free to message me any questions. We have to find Leanne, it's been almost four weeks. Way, way past desperation time.
6 hours ago

Martina Ash Renken Josh if it doesn't work out with TES maybe you can try to get that dog back which was stopped.
5 hours ago

Josh Bearden We're looking at getting more dogs too. We're checking out everything we can. Thanks for continuing to give us ideas.
5 hours ago

Cassie Holsan This is when I wish all the stuff they do on TV worked. Just pull down the footage from the satellites that were in the area so you can see where she went and if a car picked her up...that's what they'd do on 24. Thinking of you all constantly!
5 hours ago

Deb Mowers would definitely search off any access roads
5 hours ago

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #268 on: February 13, 2014, 02:11:44 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/ourfriendleannehechtbearden

Our Friend Leanne Hecht Bearden shared a link.
3 hours ago

A note from Will Bearden (Josh's dad) about the prayer vigil on Saturday.

What is the prayer vigil for Leanne and why now?
Some might think that this vigil indicates that we have given up on finding Leanne alive and well. This is not the case. A vigil is defined as a "act or period of watching". It also refers to evening prayers. By holding this prayer vigil for Leanne, we are affirming that we are still watching and praying for her safe return. It is hard to believe that it has been almost a month since this nightmare began. So it seems appropriate to say now individually and as a group that we have not given up and are renewing our hope of finding Leanne.

The outpouring of support of the family and friends of Leanne was been staggering. We want to acknowledge that by inviting those who are able to attend to stay as long after the vigil as they want to pray (our church has a prayer path), talk, or just share whatever they want. We deeply appreciate the efforts of the many people who have helped us search for Leanne and keep telling others about her. Therefore, the reception following the service. It will be simple, but we want to show our appreciation. Many people are continually asking what they can do to help. So we are planning to renew and replace the missing flyers that are in businesses in this area. We will also have a supply of flyers for people to take with them and place where ever can.

If you can't attend the vigil in Garden Ridge, please join us in spirit at 5 pm Central US Standard time or whenever you can. The flyers can be downloaded from the www.findleannebearden.com. Spread them around.

God bless all of you for your support. You are all awesome. I know, it is an overused word, but it fits.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #269 on: February 13, 2014, 12:15:11 PM »

not sure if this was posted, found an interview with Leannes brother

leannes brother says josh has been cleared by LE
and the brother says 6 days in Leanne is missing
http://youtu.be/lUo7hBAqeKc

Well we've seen before where people are cleared to find out they were under surveillance the entire time, etc. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
southrngrl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #270 on: February 13, 2014, 04:15:32 PM »

O my God you guys they've found a woman's body in GR.. LE about to hold press conference re:Leanne Bearden..heartbreaking..

off to go get a link..brb
southrngrl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #271 on: February 13, 2014, 04:18:43 PM »

http://herald-zeitung.com/news/community_alert/article_a15f04a2-94ed-11e3-ae01-0019bb2963f4.html

http://www.kens5.com/news/Garden-Ridge-Police-to-hold-press-conference-on-Leanne-Bearden-245429961.html
southrngrl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #272 on: February 13, 2014, 04:20:28 PM »

James Keith--Assistant News Director for KABB San Antonio--has just tweeted "The search for Leanne Bearden is over."
southrngrl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #273 on: February 13, 2014, 04:27:18 PM »

Police Chief O'Conner just confirmed the body is that of Leanne Bearden..(from herald link above)..

all this time she was less than a mile from the in laws home..(where they located the body)..some media are saying it was in someone's backyard??.. IDK..

Heartbreaking..My prayers for all the many who love her and are going to miss her from their lives..
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #274 on: February 13, 2014, 04:34:52 PM »

Police Chief O'Conner just confirmed the body is that of Leanne Bearden..(from herald link above)..

all this time she was less than a mile from the in laws home..(where they located the body)..some media are saying it was in someone's backyard??.. IDK..

Heartbreaking..My prayers for all the many who love her and are going to miss her from their lives..

Thanks.  This is awful but about what I suspected.

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #275 on: February 13, 2014, 04:39:18 PM »

They are saying it WAS in someone's back yard.  How awful.  Rest in Peace.

IF Josh had nothing to do with this then I stand corrected is all I can say now.

southrngrl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #276 on: February 13, 2014, 04:47:33 PM »

OK, here's what I'm talking about it being someone's back yard(these quotes from the same herald link posted above)
GARDEN RIDGE — Police scanner traffic indicates a body has reportedly been found in the backyard of a Garden Ridge home. The HZ's Dalondo Moultrie is reporting live from the scene.

Moments ago, an employee from the city's water department drove up and handed a police officer several hand saws.

These statements were obviously a bit earlier when they first located the body. I'm not sure what to make of where they locate her body?.. anyone local enough to offer any insight?

Here's the link again for these quotes:
http://herald-zeitung.com/news/community_alert/article_a15f04a2-94ed-11e3-ae01-0019bb2963f4.html#user-comment-area
southrngrl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #277 on: February 13, 2014, 04:53:44 PM »

They are saying it WAS in someone's back yard.  How awful.  Rest in Peace.

IF Josh had nothing to do with this then I stand corrected is all I can say now.
So, you're reading the same as me. I just kept thinking maybe I was mistaken due to wondering how she could have been in someone's backyard all this time, but everyone was unaware.. It's been 3 weeks, unless she wasn't killed 3 weeks ago? IDK too little to go by at this point to try to figure what's exactly happened.

One other thing that gave me pause was the Chief saying something to the effect that foul play wouldn't be ruled out until after the autopsy?.. what?.. To me that sounded as though they are still working under the assumption of NO FOUL PLAY!

I AM TOTALLY CONFUSED.
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #278 on: February 13, 2014, 04:55:19 PM »

Here is what I read:

http://herald-zeitung.com/news/community_alert/article_631e94b0-94f6-11e3-b8ba-0019bb2963f4.html

Garden Ridge police chief: Body that of missing woman

Leanne Hecht Bearden

Facebook photo
Leanne Hecht Bearden

Posted: Thursday, February 13, 2014 3:35 pm | Updated: 3:36 pm, Thu Feb 13, 2014.

New Braunfels Herald-Zeitung reports | 0 comments

GARDEN RIDGE — Moments ago, Garden Ridge Police Chief Donna O’Conner told the Herald-Zeitung that she has informed the Hecht and Bearden families that a body found today behind a Comal County home appears to be that of Leanne Hecht Bearden, 33, who has been missing since Jan. 17.

O’Conner said the deceased woman was wearing a ring that appeared identical to that of Bearden’s...........................

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #279 on: February 13, 2014, 04:59:13 PM »

Still too early to know where she was found.  I guess I am assuming it was at someone elses home because they say they have notified the families that she was found.

I am with you, why the statement of they are not ruling out foul play?  Odd. Makes you wonder about the gardener and his statement he saw her walking down the street.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.