April 25, 2024, 01:58:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 33 yo Leanne Hecht Bearden Missing Since 1/17/14  (Read 204522 times)
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #300 on: February 13, 2014, 06:48:53 PM »

There are only 2 reasons here that she was in that location:
1) Committed sucicide/accident in that exact spot
2) Someone placed her body there after the fact

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #301 on: February 13, 2014, 07:30:04 PM »

http://www.kens5.com/news/Garden-Ridge-Police-to-hold-press-conference-on-Leanne-Bearden-245429961.html

Garden Ridge police confirm body of Leanne Bearden found in woods
Posted on February 13, 2014 at 3:06 PM
Updated today at 6:06 PM

The family released the following statement Thurday evening:

Our family is understandably devastated by the news of the recovery of the remains of our beloved Leanne.  We wish to thank the myriad of people who helped us search for Leanne and who supported us during this entire nightmare.  We also wish to thank the members of the media who helped us tell our story.  We thank the Garden Ridge Police Department and the other many agencies that provided such caring service to us.  We especially thank the Heidi Search Center for their wonderful help and support.  Although this is not the outcome we had hoped for, we draw comfort and strength from the outpouring of prayers, actions, and good wishes from all, including over 20,000 Facebook friends.  We ask your continued prayers and good wishes for our family.  Leanne was a lovely and remarkable young woman, and we will all miss her greatly.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #302 on: February 13, 2014, 07:36:09 PM »

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/Leanne-Bearden-s-body-found-in-Garden-Ridge-5232851.php

Leanne Bearden's body found in Garden Ridge
By Kolten Parker : February 13, 2014 : Updated: February 13, 2014 6:05pm

“Upon arrival, Sgt. Bellinger and I located what we believe to be the body of Leanne Bearden,” said Donna O'Conner, the chief of the Garden Ridge Police Department. “The Bearden and Hecht families have been notified. We will reserve any information regarding the cause of death until an autopsy has been performed.”

No other details on how Bearden died have been released.

A call to Bearden's father-in-law went unanswered, as well as a knock on the door of the family's home.

Greg Pyles, CEO of Texas Search and Rescue, said the area that Bearden's body was found was not included in a large scale, 23-square-mile search that took place in Garden Ridge Jan. 25. Pyles said the body was found in a neighborhood that searchers understood had already been covered by the family.

Jay Hamm, 77, who lives across the street from where the body was found, said Bearden's family came searching in the area the day after she went missing. He said he wasn't sure if other searches covered the area

“It's always been quiet out here,” said Hamm, who's lived here for 34 years.

The property where the body was found Thursday afternoon is a 2.4-acre lot, Comal County records show, owned by Carlos Cazares, 79 and Carolyn Eastman Cazares, 72. Satellite photos show the property includes a house and is partially wooded.

The homeowners declined to speak to the media.

southrngrl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #303 on: February 13, 2014, 07:40:46 PM »

There are only 2 reasons here that she was in that location:
1) Committed sucicide/accident in that exact spot
2) Someone placed her body there after the fact
Yep! I agree, and while it may indeed be suicide I just am not at all convinced that Leanne did commit suicide. Again, I understand that its a possibility(and one that it very much appears as though authorities are very much leaning toward), but at this point in time I am very hesitant to just take that at face value. IMO, there remain too many inconsistencies. For example, just off the top of my head, these are the issues that are problematic for me.(and this all JMO)

--*Backpack*--
--------------------------------

She had her own that she carried everywhere.. It was plenty roomy with ability to carry whatever necessities she needed to take along..she did not ever carry Josh's backpack, ever..this is evidenced in the blog, and even Josh himself stated a definite NO, SHE NEVER CARRIED HIS BACK PACK.

Why would she have taken Josh's backpack with her that day?.. We now know it definitely was not for the bag of power bars, so, for me, this issue is now only compounded in being extremely suspicious. Jmo.

--*Eyewitness*--
--------------------------------

For me, this is now proven that all of the 3009 "confirmed sightings" were all BS, just as many people believed they were. This woman was not traveling down 3009 near the Fed Ex.. I again, will reiterate, had Leanne walked the route claimed, on 3009, there absolutely would have been surveillance footage that documented her having walked that area. Again Jmo.

--*Route taken*--
---------------------------------

In my going to Google maps and mapping the route from the Bearden home to the location where her body was found it, IMO, seems to indicate that the route claimed was BS..again no 3009, and again showing major inconsistency of where Josh claims the scent trail led.. The route is in the total opposite direction. Jmo.

--*The LE official Saturday search*--
-----------------------------------------

The spokesman for the LE search stated that there was a specific reason why LE did NOT search this area in their official search.. And that reason stated by the official being due to Josh Bearden having specifically told LE that they(he&group of people) had ALREADY SEARCHED THOSE AREAS AND NO SIGN OF LEANNE.
(one detail that is consistent with that is that the neighbor, of the home, where the body was located stated, that he specifically remembered her husband(and some others w/him) came and "searched that area" and spoke with those neighbors..NOW WHAT THAT MEANS OR INDICATES IS STILL UNCLEAR TO ME.

--*Death by Suicide*--
------------------------------------

I am EXTREMELY hesitant of taking Garden Ridge Chief O'Conner's belief as FACT.. EXTREMELY HESITANT!.. I DO NOT believe this LE agency as a whole have the experience or range needed to ensure that all facets of possibilities are thoroughly investigated wrt Leanne's disappearance/death. I so want another, larger agency to be involved, if even to just assist, but have serious doubts that there will be any other LE involvement, from any other outside agency. And only GR LE handling all facets of the case.. This, IMO, is just not good enough.. Not good enough for me, but most importantly not good enough for LEANNE AND HER FAMILY!!

I strongly feel they are lacking in a lot of areas necessary to conduct a complete and thorough investigation of this case.jmo.

Sorry for the long post, I do believe I am in a bit of shock. and again all of this is jmo, and I hope I am not violating any rules(please delete if not appropriate)
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #304 on: February 13, 2014, 07:49:14 PM »

Audio of the interview with Garden Ridge Police Cheif Donna O'Conner at the link.

Chief O'Conner:  " There is nothing that leads to to believe that it was foul play at this point."

http://www.woai.com/onair/michael-board-17319/bearden-final-12065605/

Bearden final
Posted Thursday, February 13th 2014 @ 5pm

It's not the outcome anybody expected or wanted.  RIP Leanne.

Here's my interview with Garden Ridge Police Cheif Donna O'conner.  I have not even listened back to it.  Just posting it.

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #305 on: February 13, 2014, 07:55:00 PM »

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/Leanne-Bearden-s-body-found-in-Garden-Ridge-5232851.php

“Upon arrival, Sgt. Bellinger and I located what we believe to be the body of Leanne Bearden,” said Donna O'Conner, the chief of the Garden Ridge Police Department. “The Bearden and Hecht families have been notified. We will reserve any information regarding the cause of death until an autopsy has been performed.”

A call to Bearden's father-in-law went unanswered, as well as a knock on the door of the family's home.

Greg Pyles, CEO of Texas Search and Rescue, said the area that Bearden's body was found was not included in a large scale, 23-square-mile search that took place in Garden Ridge Jan. 25. Pyles said the body was found in a neighborhood that searchers understood had already been covered by the family.

Jay Hamm, 77, who lives across the street from where the body was found, said Bearden's family came searching in the area the day after she went missing. He said he wasn't sure if other searches covered the area

The property where the body was found Thursday afternoon is a 2.4-acre lot, Comal County records show, owned by Carlos Cazares, 79 and Carolyn Eastman Cazares, 72. Satellite photos show the property includes a house and is partially wooded.

What you highlighted has me concerned.  Isn't it amazing that she was found in the exact location that her husband searched for her on the 1st day she went missing?  Why did he go there when everything indicated that she was seen in the opposite direction?

I know they are thinking suicide at this point or maybe an accident.  How well connected is Josh's family in the community?  Just a thought.  JMO

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #306 on: February 13, 2014, 08:04:55 PM »

http://www.ksat.com/news/body-found-behind-garden-ridge-home/-/478452/24469154/-/j4188l/-/index.html

A source in Comal County confirmed to KSAT's Steve Spriester late Thursday afternoon that her death was an apparent suicide.

I'll wait for the autopsy.  I just find it hard to believe she committed suicide.
southrngrl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #307 on: February 13, 2014, 08:09:52 PM »

What you highlighted has me concerned.  Isn't it amazing that she was found in the exact location that her husband searched for her on the 1st day she went missing?  Why did he go there when everything indicated that she was seen in the opposite direction?

I know they are thinking suicide at this point or maybe an accident.  How well connected is Josh's family in the community?  Just a thought.  JMO
Exactly!.. This, too, for me, is concerning, IMO.. As I mentioned in my post above, most disturbing, to me, about this issue is the fact that it is due to Josh's having told LE they'd already searched that area, is exactly why LE did not include this specific area in their search..

IMO, that is very concerning due it being stated by the search official that this is the specific reason for why this specific area was omitted from their LE search.. that's some coincidence if it does indeed turn out to be a suicide.
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #308 on: February 13, 2014, 08:16:51 PM »

http://www.ksat.com/news/body-found-behind-garden-ridge-home/-/478452/24469154/-/j4188l/-/index.html

A source in Comal County confirmed to KSAT's Steve Spriester late Thursday afternoon that her death was an apparent suicide.

I'll wait for the autopsy.  I just find it hard to believe she committed suicide.

I agree Klaas.  How would she have committed suicide.  Those were some powerful powerbars she took with her.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #309 on: February 13, 2014, 08:22:28 PM »

I find it hard to believe it, too.  And I hope her family requests that toxicology tests be performed.  imo

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #310 on: February 13, 2014, 08:25:30 PM »

I agree Klaas.  How would she have committed suicide.  Those were some powerful powerbars she took with her.

I agree with both of you. There is something not right with this.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #311 on: February 13, 2014, 08:29:43 PM »

Oh good grief, she did not kill herself!

There's no way I'm going to believe that!

JMO 

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #312 on: February 13, 2014, 08:36:25 PM »

I wondered about the handsaws that  an article mentioned were brought to the police at the scene... I'm wondering how she was found (like on the ground or maybe hanging) and where was the area in relation to the house?  I can't tell from the close up images but was it far enough that it could be likely she wasnt noticed for all this time.

Not that I believe it was suicide (same doubts as you all)... Just trying to piece together what we know.
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #313 on: February 13, 2014, 08:36:57 PM »

http://www.woai.com/pages/michaelboard.html?article=12004840

Saturday, January 25, 2014
Leanne Bearden Press Release

Here's the press release the garden ridge pd put out this evening:

PRESS RELEASE Jan. 25, 14 A multi-agency search was conducted today for Leanne Hecht Bearden. This is the latest in the investigation into the disappearance of Leanne after she went for a walk on Jan. 17th from a relative’s home in Garden Ridge. The search basically covered a 23 square acre area that formed a cone surrounding where she was last seen. The search consisted of foot, canine, horseback, ATV and air elements from many agencies, local, state and federal including military. The search resulted in no signs of Ms. Bearden. As in all investigations, those who last saw the missing person are considered persons of interest. While we continue to follow all leads, an extensive investigation has led us to believe that Mrs. Bearden went for a walk and did not meet with foul play at the family home or in the immediate area. Her husband, Josh, has been cooperative with all investigations and is not a person of interest. Our heart goes out to the Hecht and Bearden families as they search for their loved one. We continue to support them in their efforts and encourage anyone with information to contact Comal County Crime Stoppers or the Garden Ridge Police Department via e-mail police@ci.garden-ridge.tx.us. Any updated information will be posted at www.ci.garden-ridge.tx.us. While law enforcement does not speculate, our concern is that Mrs. Bearden was not familiar with the area, she may have become disoriented or lost. Ms. Bearden is listed as a missing person through every available missing person data base. The Garden Ridge Police Department would like to thank Sheriff Holder, Captain Ward and the Comal County Sheriff’s Office, Comal County Constables, Comal County Emergency Management, Schertz PD, Texas Rangers, Texas Dept. of Public Safety and The Bracken Fire for providing local support. TEXAR (Texas Search and Rescue) CEO, Greg Pyles, provided the organizational skills to mount this massive search. This search was made possible by the efforts of over 145 highly trained search and rescue personnel from over 17 agencies. Chief Donna O’Conner

There is no mention that they did not search the entire 23 square acre cone around garden ridge.  What a shame that they search everywhere except the location Leanne was at.  What are the odds that she was in that location that her husband searched the 1st day she went missing?  It just doesn't make sense.  Something is not right here.  I just cannot believe she committed suicide with all the inconsistencies.  I can't imagine what her family is going through.

Eileen
Scared Monkey

« Reply #314 on: February 13, 2014, 08:38:40 PM »

Why did they by pass this area?
Areas like that are exactly what you DO search that is exactly where ppl leave bodies!
Its very disturbing to me also that JB searched this area!
Why would this woman kill herself?
Was she that unhappy?
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #315 on: February 13, 2014, 08:39:15 PM »

JMO 

Agree!  jmho

Eileen
Scared Monkey

« Reply #316 on: February 13, 2014, 08:50:54 PM »

JMO 

Agree!  jmho

I don't think she killed herself either!
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #317 on: February 13, 2014, 09:13:20 PM »

JMO 

Sounds like part of the property was woodlands. Unfortunately, sometimes people hang themselves. That would lead the police to believe there was no foul play if they found this poor woman hanging from a tree.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #318 on: February 13, 2014, 09:28:54 PM »

JMO 

Sounds like part of the property was woodlands. Unfortunately, sometimes people hang themselves. That would lead the police to believe there was no foul play if they found this poor woman hanging from a tree.

What are the odds that someone hung themselves and their husband/family searched that exact location.  HOW did they not notice someone hanging from a tree.  I can see them missing them if they are on the ground but hanging from a tree?  Just doesn't make sense. JMO.

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #319 on: February 13, 2014, 09:33:05 PM »

Jay Hamm, 77, who lives across the street from where the body was found, said Bearden's family came searching in the area the day after she went missing. He said he wasn't sure if other searches covered the area.

“It's always been quiet out here,” said Hamm, who's lived here for over 30 years.

The property where the body was found Thursday afternoon is a 2.4-acre lot, Comal County records show. Satellite photos show the property includes a house and is partially wooded.

Agreed Klaas, I will wait for the autopsy as well. I have a real hard time believing this was a suicide as well. Although look what the initial autopsy said how Kathleen Savio died, drown in a bathtub.
http://scaredmonkeys.com/2008/02/21/kathleen-savio-3rd-wife-of-drew-peterson-death-ruled-a-homicide-stacy-peterson-still-missing/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.