April 18, 2024, 09:36:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 33 yo Leanne Hecht Bearden Missing Since 1/17/14  (Read 204437 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #360 on: February 15, 2014, 03:16:20 PM »

Looks like the facebook page is gone.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #361 on: February 15, 2014, 03:20:01 PM »

Leanne...   an angelic monkey

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203200543916362&set=a.1601382436397.2083138.1291150876&type=1

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #362 on: February 15, 2014, 03:21:41 PM »

Looks like the facebook page is gone.

I guess since the police said it is a closed case they decided to remove it.  I think they were getting some very bad comments from a few people.  Alex Johnsons page has been changed to Justice for Alex I guess because it is an active open case.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #363 on: February 15, 2014, 03:27:47 PM »

This one's still up for now.  They've changed the planned fundraiser to a memorial event from what I've read.

https://www.facebook.com/LeanneBearden5k

https://www.facebook.com/LeanneBearden5k/photos/a.623686377685880.1073741827.623676357686882/624790067575511/?type=1&comment_id=1939137&offset=0&total_comments=1

Michael Hecht Thank you Leanne's great friends for honoring our baby it hurts so bad I hope no one ever forgets this beautiful person our daughter was with all the love in our hearts thank you again

Jo and Mike Hecht
2 hours ago

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #364 on: February 15, 2014, 03:31:08 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/events/417793445033418/?ref=22

Leanne Bearden 5k - Celebration & Honoring Leanne's Incredible Life & Spirit
Public · By LeanneBearden5K- Run/Walk

Sunday, March 9, 2014
    [Time]
    8:00am in MDT

[Where]
   Denver, CO: Exact Location: TBD; the family has asked us to do a 5k & Balloon Release so we are finding a safe place to run and release the balloons

I am honored that Leanne's family has asked us to honor Leanne's life and to have this LeanneBearden5k on Sunday, March 9th as planned, and we are changing it from a fundraiser into a wonderful, respectful celebration & memorial service for all the friends and family Our Friend Leanne Hecht Bearden touched with her beautiful spirit throughout her life.

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #365 on: February 15, 2014, 05:32:16 PM »

I guess I am of the opinion that Leanne did commit suicide, as terrible as that is to say. People kill themselves everyday. And not finding her body immediately after she went missing is not surprising either. Red once mentioned that a cadaver dog walked right past a body that was decomposing. So, not seeing her in that area is not surprising. Surely I wish she were found sooner.

There's really no reason to believe otherwise. I could be wrong, of course, but killing someone and staging a suicide is highly unlikely, and it's doubtful that someone would go to such lengths. Further, to murder someone in a staged suicide would be nearly impossible unless the person was thoroughly incapacitated - and then you have to maneuver a body around without anyone seeing you. Again, I accept that something caused her to re-evaluate her life and when you are not working you have idle time to allow your mind to wander.

Leanne was 33, certainly too young to die, let alone by her own hand - yet, young adults often feel as if they are alone in the world, and that could be part of the reason after spending two years of her life as a carefree world traveler. Maybe facing the real world was too much for her psyche.

I don't see any big conspiracy here. It's the tragic case of a young woman who fell into despair.

Good memory Rob. Yes, that is a true story, cadaver dog walked by a body behind a fence that was less than 5 ft away.

It is possible and probably that it was a suicide as the ME is saying, I just do have an issue with the search. Unless they (LE & family) assumed that this was an abduction, which they did not, the obvious initial search had to be in a 2-3 mile radius search of the in-laws home.

To borrow a quote from Tommy Lee Jones in 'The Fugitive' ... change the names and the fact that they were looking for a missing person rather than a fugitive and the directive from the LE should have been the same.

Deputy Marshal Samuel Gerard: Alright, listen up, people. Our fugitive [missing person] has been on the run for ninety minutes. Average foot speed over uneven ground barring injuries is 4 miles-per-hour. That gives us a radius of six miles. What I want from each and every one of you is a hard-target search of every gas station, residence, warehouse, farmhouse, hen-house, outhouse and doghouse in that area. Checkpoints go up at fifteen miles. Your fugitive's [missing person's name is Leanne Bearden] name is Dr. Richard Kimble. Go get him [Go find her].

If the thought process was that she was a hiker and an adventurer, which it was, then the concentration should have been put on searches of areas close to the house where she would have walked to. Searching woods, rivers, ponds, ditches, drains, etc. Not emphasis on passing out fliers, as she would not have been hiding in plain site.

There was a search area that targeted 23 sq. miles, yet there was not a hard target search of 2.3 mile radius of the home. Very rarely do I question LE and Searches, but I have to on this one.

The other thing I has a huge issue with is that the husband/his family was so quick to say that she was having troubles with dealing being back in the US after their year-long traveling around the world. C'mon man, when you have been around some one 24-7-365 you can recite their next word and know their next action. Trust me, I was on a 2 month trip to Europe back packing around with my best friend in my youth and you can anticipate pretty much everything. One has to be severely depressed and out of sorts to actually commit suicide, especially to consciously hang yourself. That is not just throwing down some pills.

Was this girl not getting any psych help, because if she was his desperate to have hung herself, she would have shown signs that she needed help.

Hiya Red - I'm not going to criticize the husband/family or the police. There's alot I could say, but that's not helping anyone, especially since they are dealing with the death of a young woman for reasons we may never understand.

I guess I don't think what is alleged to have happened is at all shocking. I could make a few assumptions about what went down. The economy and job market are horrendous nationwide. Sure, there are a few bright spots, but it's been a struggle for millions of people trying to find work.

I think that leads to this - Leanne probably walked by this area before and knew it was sort of secluded. Most people contemplating the end of their life may sit there for a while and remember the high points and low points of their life. They may take some time to just think about their family and friends before to they kill themselves. Hanging yourself is a terrible way to go. Your natural instincts kick-in as your subconscious fights to stay alive. That leads me to this - Leanne probably wanted a secluded area where she could think about her life before committing suicide. This area provides that final few moments of personal individual solace.

As for getting her mental or emotional help - maybe no one saw the signs or any signs. Most people are pretty perceptive and can pick up when someone is in distress. Some people are very good at hiding their emotional state. That's a common ingredient in cases like this. I know someone who committed suicide and we had dinner a few days earlier and there was no sign he was in any type of emotional or mental distress. If there were - I would have done whatever I could have to have helped him. Chinese, by the way and his name was Victor.

Life can be overwhelming, even for those of us who have been given so much.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #366 on: February 16, 2014, 11:03:03 AM »

In case this wasn't posted..

http://tx-gardenridge.civicplus.com/DocumentCenter/View/468

PRESS RELEASE 02/14/2014

Today the missing person case on Leanne Mary Hecht Bearden comes to a close.  The
preliminary autopsy results indicate asphyxiation by hanging with the opinion on manner of
death, suicide.  The final ruling is pending toxicology results.  The investigative information
indicates the death occurred a short time after she was seen leaving the residence for a walk.
On behalf of the City of Garden Ridge, the Garden Ridge Police Department and the citizens of
Garden Ridge, we respectfully request, we be allowed the time to process and reflect on this
tragedy .  Our thoughts are with the Hecht and Bearden families as they grieve the loss of their loved one.   There are no words to express our appreciation to all the citizens, law enforcement agencies, Texas Search and Rescue and Heidi Search Center for their support.

Donna O'Conner, Chief of Police

yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #367 on: February 16, 2014, 12:49:15 PM »

In case this wasn't posted..

http://tx-gardenridge.civicplus.com/DocumentCenter/View/468

PRESS RELEASE 02/14/2014

Today the missing person case on Leanne Mary Hecht Bearden comes to a close.  The
preliminary autopsy results indicate asphyxiation by hanging with the opinion on manner of
death, suicide.  The final ruling is pending toxicology results.  The investigative information
indicates the death occurred a short time after she was seen leaving the residence for a walk.
On behalf of the City of Garden Ridge, the Garden Ridge Police Department and the citizens of
Garden Ridge, we respectfully request, we be allowed the time to process and reflect on this
tragedy .  Our thoughts are with the Hecht and Bearden families as they grieve the loss of their loved one.   There are no words to express our appreciation to all the citizens, law enforcement agencies, Texas Search and Rescue and Heidi Search Center for their support.

Donna O'Conner, Chief of Police
Above BBM by me. 
Seen by whom?  Wasn't it recently said that all sightings had been negated and Josh didn't actually see her leave?   If so, that makes this official PR questionable at best.   Perhaps she was a suicide, but many details suggest otherwise.  And the answers won't change the outcome.  RIP Leanne.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #368 on: February 16, 2014, 07:54:18 PM »

Another look at the property where Leanne was found here.

http://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/Garden-Ridge-TX/26558007_zpid/55735_rid/days_sort/29.643092,-98.309717,29.640663,-98.312174_rect/17_zm/1_fr/

I'd noticed a gate in some of the videos so wondered if the entire property is fenced.  Can't tell from this but you get a better look at the property and property lines (image to the left...you can move both of them around to see the area).  Road behind the house too (Schoenthal Road) there is what looks like a vacant (no house that I can see) lot that backs up to the property Leanne was found on.

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #369 on: February 17, 2014, 12:02:48 AM »

I keep going back over the statement the family put out saying there was a strong possibility that Leanne left on her own free will and had intended to do this.  I wonder if they found a note from her or her family received a note in the mail from her for her family to put that statement out there.  That was just a few days before she was found.  I also wonder if there was a note in her backpack.  Did Leanne have more serious problems than was let on?  Did she tell Josh that she was leaving and not coming back before she left?  Also, why did the dogs track her to a certain point and then lose her scent.  I know it is awful to think this but why was there not a scent that surely people in the surrounding area could smell?  I read on a website that Josh said once they got back home they were ready to start their family.  If she was having such problems adjusting starting a family is the last thing she needed.  I guess she could handle a 22 month world tour but really couldn't handle the normal everyday life everyone else lives.  JMO

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #370 on: February 17, 2014, 12:48:42 AM »

I think this article sums up a lot of what we have been feeling (i am only giving the link as it does have a few bad words in it---remove the link if anyone doesn't think it is appropriate):

http://yolaurafreed.blogspot.com/2014/02/leanne-bearden-dead-charlie-parker-moron.html

This article is more about the PI than anything.

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #371 on: February 17, 2014, 01:36:52 AM »

ive been wondering how Leanne gained access too,so i walked the Gman around
and i think i found a spot, and i think i know why Leanne choose that spot. i think
she climbed this part of the fence, after she saw the live oak, the live oak is the
long limb almost touching the ground to the right of the pole. im almost sure there
is more than one in that really wooded area.live oaks are a very old sturdy tree, and
would serve her purpose well, ive seen several live oaks up close, it always gave me
a sense of awe, because of the age and size, some are 400 yrs +

fence and live oak limb
http://goo.gl/maps/RWomg

some live oaks
http://100oaks.wordpress.com/page/2/

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #372 on: February 17, 2014, 09:59:58 AM »

I keep going back over the statement the family put out saying there was a strong possibility that Leanne left on her own free will and had intended to do this.  I wonder if they found a note from her or her family received a note in the mail from her for her family to put that statement out there.  That was just a few days before she was found.  I also wonder if there was a note in her backpack.  Did Leanne have more serious problems than was let on?  Did she tell Josh that she was leaving and not coming back before she left?  Also, why did the dogs track her to a certain point and then lose her scent.  I know it is awful to think this but why was there not a scent that surely people in the surrounding area could smell?  I read on a website that Josh said once they got back home they were ready to start their family.  If she was having such problems adjusting starting a family is the last thing she needed.  I guess she could handle a 22 month world tour but really couldn't handle the normal everyday life everyone else lives.  JMO

The statement that the "family" (which I believe in this instance was Josh and his parents, not the Hecht family) first put out was January 30th; a few days after they'd hired the PI.  IIRC the "intended" and/or "planned" statements came in around the same time.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=15048.msg1583595#msg1583595

The Garden Ridge Police, Comal County Sheriff’s office, the Texas Rangers, and other agencies as well as a private investigator have conducted an extensive investigation including talking with many of Leanne’s family members and friends as well as many other people living in this area. They also examined Leanne’s computer and telephone, including emails, text messages, and phone records and contacts. The pressure of transitioning from her two year trip back into what we consider “normal” life seems to have left her very anxious and stressed. As a result of this investigation there is evidence that Leanne may have voluntarily left the area, and we understand this is a strong possibility.

Statements in that direction from the PI started coming out almost immediately after he was hired.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=15048.msg1583484#msg1583484

Leanne's siblings finally spoke out against this theory right before she was found.  Another family member posted on FB that they'd done an interview a few weeks prior with GMA that got cut.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=15048.msg1584309#msg1584309

So when Leanne Bearden disappeared while walking near her in-laws house on Jan. 17, some people -- including at least one family member -- speculated she might have voluntarily vanished. Perhaps, they thought, the pressure of transitioning from a two-year trip back into a "normal" life had prompted her to take off.

Not so, say her brother and sister.

"She would never leave of her own free will. That is not her at all," Leanne Bearden's brother, Doug Hecht, told HuffPost.

"She's very responsible," Colombo added. "She loves her family and she would never put us through this."

Leanne's brother's wife posted this (Feb 12th)

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=15048.msg1584311#msg1584311

https://www.facebook.com/ourfriendleannehechtbearden/posts/10152167480627517

Tracey Tavolacci Hecht
We keep having people ask why Leanne's family has not spoken. The fact is that her siblings were interviewed a few weeks ago by GMA and the interview was cut. So we have been trying to get out there and speak. Finally an article came out today from the Hecht family...
Missing Woman 'Would Never Leave Of Her Own Free Will' Without Telling Anyone
www.huffingtonpost.com
In the days leading up to her disappearance, Leanne Hecht Bearden said she was tired of traveling after her trip around the world and was anxious to return
3 hours ago near Dawsonville, GA

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #373 on: February 17, 2014, 12:16:11 PM »

I always got a hinky feeling about how the donations were being handled, any questions were always directed to "private message", etc.  I'm not going to search back for my screen shots of comments right now but from memory...Josh posted several times that he couldn't and wouldn't touch the donations.  He stated that his sister and Leanne's sister were in charge of the funds.  He also stated that any remaining funds would be donated to another missing persons organization once Leanne was found.

https://www.facebook.com/JusticeforLeanneBearden

https://www.facebook.com/JusticeforLeanneBearden/posts/1466868153536922

Justice for Leanne Bearden
22 hours ago
"Greg Pyles, CEO of Texas Search and Rescue, said the area that Bearden's body was found was not included in a large scale, 23-square-mile search that took place in Garden Ridge Jan. 25. Pyles said the body was found in a neighborhood that searchers understood had already been covered by the family." Tisk Tisk Tisk

Tuckermimi Cardy A friend and I offered to help in the search and were told we were not needed. They were going to leave it to the professionals.
21 hours ago

Chance Nunn Tuckermimi Cardy, when was that exactly?
18 hours ago

Tuckermimi Cardy Let me look.
17 hours ago

Justice for Leanne Bearden Refuse help? That seems odd... But then again why send people on a wild goose hunt when you know where the body is...
21 hours ago

Tuckermimi Cardy Chance Nunn, the 20th.
We were told we could pass out fliers.
17 hours ago

Chance Nunn Were you also told you could feel free to donate funds? THat seems to have been a common mantra. Thanks for your answer.
16 hours ago

Tuckermimi Cardy Not directly, but I did check my property.
15 hours ago

Sally Holmes On that note Chance Nunn, I did donate and quite surprised to find my monies were deposited into a personal account bearing the name Josh Bearden.
4 hours ago

Chance Nunn Sally Holmes, were you able to verify that and if so how? When the Friends of Leanne page was still up it was fairly easy to keep a running total of the monies collected from various fund raisers. Now shut down. SMH. When you ask for money repeatedly you owe the public an explaination and full disclosure of funds collected and how they are used. To collect and shut down with no such information is just plain wrong.
2 hours ago

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3981505231499&set=p.3981505231499&type=1

Sally Holmes
In response to your question Chance Nunn, I contacted a few sources in relation to the solicitation of funds and fundraising activites that were referenced on the Our Friend LHB FB page. PayPal being one of the sources. PayPal provided that the account was, in fact, a personal account and NOT a business account. PayPal was not at liberty to share the names of the individual or bank associated with this account. This snipped portion of my PayPal receipt provided the verification.
2 hours ago

Tuckermimi Cardy Josh specifically said that his sister and Leanne's sister were handling the money/donations.
2 hours ago

Sally Holmes Total fail by Garden Ridge Chief of Police to permit anyone other than her own to guide the search efforts within her "bedroom" community. IF the landscaper's account was used to eliminate Josh as POI or suspect, then why was his account not used to find Leanne by searching the entire Garden Ridge community to the north, grid by grid until she was found.
17 hours ago

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #374 on: February 17, 2014, 12:30:28 PM »

TM, I did a google search last night and one article said that a large amount of money was coming in from all over the world.  I should have made note of the website.

I am with you, where will it go?  I hope the PI didn't receive the largest chunk of it.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #375 on: February 17, 2014, 02:41:50 PM »

TM, I did a google search last night and one article said that a large amount of money was coming in from all over the world.  I should have made note of the website.

I am with you, where will it go?  I hope the PI didn't receive the largest chunk of it.

I know that two events alone in Denver (Jan 24th) raised over $16,000 from what was posted on the FB page that has been removed now.

One thing that bugged me about the fundraising was that the word was being spread that all expenses for search and rescue were the responsibility of Leanne's family and friends.  That was before the big official search 8 days after Leanne was reported missing.  That statement was misleading imo, since I don't believe Leanne's family and friends were expected to pay for that search or others by LE.

Here's one place I found it, but I saw it many times.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152541785509622&set=a.489205784621.269580.588654621&type=1&stream_ref=10

Jacy Bloom-LaBadie changed her profile picture.
January 22

Jane Caserta Bloom Jacy. Do you know this person?
January 22 at 7:15pm
Jacy Bloom-LaBadie Yes
January 22 at 7:16pm
Jane Caserta Bloom Anything I can do?
January 22 at 7:19pm
Jacy Bloom-LaBadie Share the picture on your page! I can send you donation info as well. They are having to fund the search efforts themselves.
January 22 at 7:21pm
Jane Caserta Bloom Ok
January 22 at 7:43pm
Jacy Bloom-LaBadie You can donate through this paypal account. It will help with all their search and rescue operations. It doesn't seem like the police are doing a whole lot, so this is 100% funded by Leanne's friends and family. The folllowing paypal account is set up for this: friendsofleanne@gmail.com (make sure to send as a gift). Thanks!
January 23 at 8:09am

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #376 on: February 17, 2014, 11:52:06 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/LeanneBearden5k

LeanneBearden5K- Run/Walk
4 hours ago

The Bearden family originally wanted to honor Leanne with a balloon release, but we now realize how this could hurt the environment and wildlife Leanne loved so much, so instead of a balloon release, we will be handing out the balloons to you, as a reminder on how Leanne brought joy into your life.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #377 on: February 18, 2014, 02:35:08 PM »

JMO Maybe it's just me, but this struck me when I read it.  I don't think I'd heard this interview or read this article before.  I have to wonder where that idea came from?  I don't think Leanne's brother came up with it out of the blue...  It has been stated that Leanne was not familiar with the area.  Did she know any of the neighbors?  I asked a friend that I know walks all around the nearest town to me if she ever cuts through backyards...and she said heck no, I might get shot! 

Article and video from January 20th

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/24502207/family-worried-about-missing-woman-from-roswell#axzz2thgVS500

The entire Hecht family is now in Texas searching for Leanne. As the days and hours pass, their fears are growing and their effort to find her intensifies.

"We canvassed the area for the last three or four days looking anywhere. We think she may have climbed up some hills or rocks or just fell over and was hurt and in someone's backyard," said Michael Hecht, Leanne's brother.

Read more: http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/24502207/family-worried-about-missing-woman-from-roswell#ixzz2thhIcuFr
Follow us: @FOX5Atlanta on Twitter | FOX5Atlanta on Facebook

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #378 on: February 18, 2014, 06:59:54 PM »

http://statement-analysis.blogspot.com/2014/02/hindsight-in-case-of-leanne-bearden.html?showComment=1392705417839#c8166319355004834120

Anonymous said...

As someone who knew Leanne personally, I have been contemplating writing something. I just don't know exactly how to word it.

The Leanne that I knew most certainly would have not taken her own life. She was vibrant, motivated, intelligent, and kind. She was a person that was so nice to others, that it was often hard to believe. She never appeared depressed, in fact the term "hyper" could most easily describe her. Had this changed? It is impossible to tell, as no one but Josh had constant contact with her for nearly two years. Correspondence was kept to emails, an occasional Skype, Facebook, and their blog to everyone else. Throughout my occasional correspondence with her throughout the two years of their trip there was no appearance that anything had changed. The last was just a few weeks before she was reported missing. She did admit that she was nervous about "coming back to reality," but appeared to be looking forward to the challenge, not attempting to avoid it. She loved a challenge.

The way that the case was handled I feel was highly questionable. Stories seemed to change, but the media could have had a lot to do with that. The police in Garden Ridge seemed in way over their head in my opinion. How can we ever trust if the witnesses they had were ever credible? Two of them as it turned out were not, leaving only the tree trimmers. The tree trimmers were reported to be witnesses discovered by LE not the family, but really, how credible are they? What was the initial interview with Josh like when he reported her missing? What was his demeanor? It is something that a LE officer with higher experience in violent crime might detect, but probably not in the case of a small town crime free police force. How can an area so close to the alleged disappearance sight be over looked by a professional search team, especially a highly wooded area? When did Leanne make actual voice contact with someone, not texts or emails? Why did Josh and his family's opinion on her disappearance change so swiftly upon the hiring of a PI? The interviews the PI gave seemed condescending to Leanne, almost as if were speaking about a child, not a grown successful woman. These are all valid questions that I doubt anyone will ever have an answer to.

I am not trying to make Josh out like some sort of monster. If something did occur I would doubt it was premeditated. You may ask if I have suspicions of him, and the answer is yes. The last couple of correspondences with Leanne stated that things had been rough for the last couple of months. It appears that I am not the only one she shared this with, and the police do have statements of the such. When this trip ended Josh had found himself with no job, limited finances, and now possibly his everything saying it was a time for a change. It could have pushed him over an edge and he lost control for a brief minute. Speculation, yes, but also motive.

There will always be unanswered questions in this case, and if it was indeed a suicide the only one who holds the answers is gone. The case files may never be seen. Her body was out in the elements for weeks before an autopsy. There were a multitude of other occurrences that make the reported official outcome of this case hard to take. If there truly was a verified hand written letter, it would be nice to know about it. I'm sure it would make many sleep much easier.
    February 18, 2014 at 1:36 AM

http://statement-analysis.blogspot.com/2014/02/hindsight-in-case-of-leanne-bearden.html?showComment=1392762650714#c1460349216441796526

Anonymous said...

This is Anon 1:36 just responding to a couple of questions presented.

First of all, thank you for your sympathies to those of us that were close to Leanne. It is much appreciated.

I cannot and will not comment about how her family feels or any suspicions that they may or may not have. I am not them. I will leave it at that. Leanne was not exceptionally close to her parents, but her siblings were her rock. She was very close to them.

There was a question about money or ambition causing a rift, but I don’t see that. Josh and Leanne were not driven by money or material possessions. That is frankly why they were able to fund their trip. Both of them were educated and had well paying jobs. They lived well, well within their means in a very modest home that Leanne had bought before they ever met. The truck was hers and paid off. He had a beat up old car that they sold before they left. Their ability to fund the trip was made possible by them essentially having no debt (other than housing) and living off of one income and putting the other in savings for nearly two years. They were not living off trusts, and the trip was not funded by anyone but themselves. The trip was made possible by hard work and solid financial awareness. The sheer fact is that even if they couldn’t have attained similar positions upon returning to Denver, they would have been able to live comfortably even if they had to start at the bottom again. This is why I feel that there was no money issue.

I can understand comments made that reflect that loved ones often have denial about the suicide of someone they know. This is very true. Unfortunately, the Leanne that we knew did not fit the profile. Mental illness is something that can be hidden though, especially when your only contact with someone for an extended period of time is by means of electronic communication. That is why I stated some of the things they way that I did.

My feelings and questions that were expressed in my previous comment were not intended to be an accusation of any kind. There is a lot of frustration that surrounds cases like this for those that were close, and in this case for many that were not, due to the intense media attention the story received. My criticisms of LE and SAR are stiff, although I feel may be warranted to this more than some, as I have worked closely with both (although not in Texas). From beginning to end there seemed to be a collection of holes, missteps, and odd nuances. Only to appear to be swept up neatly and rather quickly by local LE. I do not have all the facts, I only hope that someday more details of this case are made available to the public.

I think that Shelley stamped some good points on the reasons why this story has brought so much attention to it. Leanne was an extraordinary person. They type of person that did things that many others dreamed about but never had the courage of self-determination to fulfill. Regardless of what happened or how it happened, the ending of Leanne’s life was a tragedy.
    February 18, 2014 at 5:30 PM

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #379 on: February 19, 2014, 01:04:53 AM »

http://covenantbaptist.org/news/leanne-bearden-memorial-feb-22

Leanne Bearden Memorial, Feb 22

February 18, 2014
by
in News
No comments yet

Leanne Bearden’s Memorial Service
Saturday, February 22 at 2pm
Located at Northeast Bible Church
(directly across the street from Covenant)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.