March 28, 2024, 11:59:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 33 yo Leanne Hecht Bearden Missing Since 1/17/14  (Read 204093 times)
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #400 on: February 26, 2014, 12:23:13 AM »

So, JB wrote Leanne's Life Legacy.  Who wrote this letter that her sister-in-law agrees with 110%?

https://www.facebook.com/LeanneBearden5k

LeanneBearden5K- Run/Walk
6 hours ago

Copy & Pasted a letter written to Josh:

Josh - the part of Leanne's Life Legacy where you wrote "Leanne lost her battle with depression on January 17, 2014." was so classy & beautifully written. I think it is so incredible that you and Leanne's family are proud and love Leanne for exactly who she is and are showing that by not "hiding" her depression. Depression was JUST 1 SIDE of her- SHE HAD ANOTHER 1,000 TALENTS & SIDES to her, like we all do. And as Leanne's family & friends know, Leanne was incredible with a wonderful, fun, outgoing, warm & adventurous spirit, and more! So depression was JUST 1/1,000 of the incredible Leanne. Depression has often been compared to "another form of brain cancer" and if she had had breast cancer, you would have loved her & been proud just as you still are. If depression can effect such a loving woman, who is so loved by so many, with an adventurous spirit, fun personality & great talent, who has captured the heart of the world, then it can effect anyone. If not for depression, you & the world would have had another 60 years with the incredible Leanne. So I admire your strength to go forward and make this world a better place by increasing the depression/suicide awareness to help another family not have to experience this nightmare you are living & the world won't lose another shining star & incredible person like Leanne. Josh you are so brave & have a lot of strength & I admire you b/c it is the perfect way to honor Leanne.

Tracey Tavolacci Hecht Perfectly said! Hallelujah. I agree 110%!!
5 · 5 hours ago

Samantha Tierney Well said
5 hours ago

southrngrl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #401 on: February 26, 2014, 06:06:49 PM »

So, JB wrote Leanne's Life Legacy.  Who wrote this letter that her sister-in-law agrees with 110%?

LeanneBearden5K- Run/Walk
6 hours ago

Copy & Pasted a letter written to Josh:

Josh - the part of Leanne's Life Legacy where you wrote "Leanne lost her battle with depression on January 17, 2014." was so classy & beautifully written. I think it is so incredible that you and Leanne's family are proud and love Leanne for exactly who she is and are showing that by not "hiding" her depression. Depression was JUST 1 SIDE of her- SHE HAD ANOTHER 1,000 TALENTS & SIDES to her, like we all do. And as Leanne's family & friends know, Leanne was incredible with a wonderful, fun, outgoing, warm & adventurous spirit, and more! So depression was JUST 1/1,000 of the incredible Leanne. Depression has often been compared to "another form of brain cancer" and if she had had breast cancer, you would have loved her & been proud just as you still are. If depression can effect such a loving woman, who is so loved by so many, with an adventurous spirit, fun personality & great talent, who has captured the heart of the world, then it can effect anyone. If not for depression, you & the world would have had another 60 years with the incredible Leanne. So I admire your strength to go forward and make this world a better place by increasing the depression/suicide awareness to help another family not have to experience this nightmare you are living & the world won't lose another shining star & incredible person like Leanne. Josh you are so brave & have a lot of strength & I admire you b/c it is the perfect way to honor Leanne.

Tracey Tavolacci Hecht Perfectly said! Hallelujah. I agree 110%!!
5 · 5 hours ago

Samantha Tierney Well said
5 hours ago

Above question highlighted in Red by me.
Probably Josh, himself..I'm only half serious, but honestly the man is so wrapped up in himself, and controlling what everyone thinks about him that I really wouldn't be shocked if he weren't authoring such praises of himself, to himself.

Jmo!
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #402 on: March 03, 2014, 06:03:05 PM »

LeanneBearden5K- Run/Walk shared a link.
March 1

The incredible Leanne.... Come celebrate Leanne's life with us at Washington Park, Sunday, March 9th at 9am.
 (RSVP: www.LeanneBearden5k.com so we will have enough kits for everyone)

Sweet Leanne
www.youtube.com
Leanne

Kirsten Nemcovich I never had the opportunity to meet Leanne but wow, what an amazing human being.
1 · Yesterday at 9:25am

Matt Newport amazing and beautiful
Yesterday at 5:00am

Pattie Nyberg Smith Beautiful, sweet, loving tribute! Wonderfully done!
Yesterday at 3:39am

LeanneBearden5K- Run/Walk Leanne's husband Josh did an amazing job making this tribute for the world to see the sweet Leanne
Yesterday at 2:28pm

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #403 on: April 18, 2014, 04:13:07 PM »

http://www.wfaa.com/news/texas-news/Leanne-Beardens-autopsy-rules-death-as-suicide--255714501.html
Leanne Bearden's autopsy rules death as suicide
April 17, 2014

The autopsy for Leanne Bearden revealed she died of asphyxia by hanging and was ruled a suicide by the Medical Examiner's office, according to a press release from the city of Garden Ridge, near San Antonio.
The report was consistent with other investigations and the case is now closed, according to the release.
The body of Leanne Bearden was found in the 21600 block of Fairview Circle on Feb. 13, after she went missing three weeks earlier.
The body was found in a wooded area behind a home around noon that day, according to investigators at the time. Her body was found just a few blocks from her in-law's home where she was last seen by family members.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #404 on: April 19, 2014, 05:45:14 PM »

New details bbm.   

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/Autopsy-finding-of-missing-woman-suicide-5411034.php

Autopsy finding of missing woman: suicide
By Zeke MacCormack : April 17, 2014 : Updated: April 18, 2014 6:38am

SAN ANTONIO — Autopsy results released Thursday for Leanne M. Bearden concluded that she hanged herself with clothesline not far from her in-laws' Garden Ridge home from which she'd vanished Jan. 17.

The finding by Central Texas Autopsy of Lockhart backs the suicide conclusion that Garden Ridge Police Chief Donna O'Conner announced Feb. 14. Bearden's body had been found the day before, hanging from a mountain cedar tree in the neighborhood, which had been searched several times in the weeks that followed her disappearance.

“As a result of that final autopsy report, the case has been closed,” O'Conner said Thursday after reviewing the document. She said the tree was in a dense bamboo thicket that prevented property owners who had been urged to inspect their acreage from seeing it.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #405 on: June 25, 2014, 10:48:54 PM »

I've really tried to accept the findings in Leanne's death as fact, but I have to admit so many feelings that I've felt all along were just rekindled with this article. 

The original story on Kens5 wouldn't load correctly for me, so I read and watched it here.  From what I've gathered I think the article was published in late April. 

Lengthy article, pictures, video, and a sound only recording of Leanne singing "At Last"....such a beautiful voice!

https://creatavist-g49brf5.creatavist.com/untitledproject-6hsv4#story-cover

Josh's Story:
Suicide & survival for the husband of Leanne Bearden

Jeff Goldblatt & Jeff Anastasio

Josh filed a missing person report three hours after Leanne failed to return from her walk, Garden Ridge police said. The family went on to hire two helicopters to fly over the hilly reaches of Garden Ridge that are inaccessible to volunteer search teams. Josh said he spent every moment possible looking for the love of his life.   

His gut had told him Leanne had walked off and killed herself. She had left a note on their dresser. It was a piece of white paper. "I LOVE YOU SO MUCH," it said in bold, block letters. He assumed this was a suicide note, but he clung to a small ray of hope that perhaps his wife had decided to run away.

"It was a little stump and she kicked it out," Josh stated in a matter-of-fact fashion. "Supposedly, she did a real good job of tying the knot."

Josh opted not to see his wife's body, but he did ask to see the place where she hanged herself. It turned out to be a remote patch of backyard, less than a mile away from the home of Josh's parents.  Search teams failed to cover this area during their numerous searches.

"There was nothing special about it. I wanted to see if to see if the spot meant anything. And it didn't mean anything. It was just a place. I think she tried to find a place to do it where she would be hidden and no one would try to stop her," Josh said.

At times, Josh finds himself trying to rationalize the irrational. He said it "drives me crazy" that she took her life but left behind no obvious clues as to why. No additional note. Nothing other than Josh's backpack, which she took on her walk without his knowledge, packing it with a few energy bars, a bottle of water and three black trash bags.

"I was not prepared for this kind of thing," Josh said. "It was unimaginable to me that somebody would do that, especially Leanne, because she was so beautiful. She had so many talents, so many friends. I loved her to death. I would have died for her. I loved Leanne more than anything. I still do."

Josh returned to Denver after burying his wife in Georgia. With their house under contract to renters, he is staying with friends. It seems to be a decision based less on convenience and more on comfort for a man wrestling with grief and wracked by guilt.

"I'm always going to feel guilty. That's never gonna go away. I know it's not my fault. Could I have stopped it? I think I could have. But could I have stopped it the next time, I don't know," Josh said.

If anything, it seems that Leanne resisted psychological help. "She insisted that she was 'fine' and was not open to counseling," Will Bearden said.

"She just had a mental illness. And I think what Leanne did in her mind might have been the most unselfish thing that she could have possibly done, because I think Leanne actually started to believe that she was holding people back," Josh said.

Today, four months after returning from his trip with Leanne, Josh finds himself in El Salvador. He's on a new journey. This time, he wants to heal his soul after losing his soulmate. "Every single time that I think about any memory, it always circles back to Leanne. It always circles back to 'She's not here anymore,'" Josh said.  "I can't wait until the day my memories go back to Leanne and they don't lead to the ultimate."

In early May, after Josh gets back from El Salvador, he plans to travel to Georgia to see Leanne's family and the plaque on her columbarium. He says he remains closely connected and in regular contact with her family.

From there, he says he plans to fly to Spain to take part in an annual pilgrimage known as Camino de Santiago. He'll hike 520 miles alone through northwestern Spain, ending at the shrine of the apostle St. James the Great in Galicia. Along the way, he plans to bury some of Leanne's ashes.

"I'm really hoping it's going to be a healing process."

SLIDESHOW: A Dad's Take: Q&A with Will Bearden

2: Did you notice any signs of depression exhibited by Leann? "This is an issue that still bothers us greatly. Most people who are close to someone who has taken their own life, question what they missed and what they could have done to prevent the suicide. We are no different. In 20/20 hindsight, we saw some signs of depression. But they were not apparent to us at the time. We did notice some changes when she arrived back here. Leanne seemed very tired. We attributed that to the rigors of two years of travel and coming back. She said she had not been sleeping well, so we tried to give her ample opportunity to catch up on her sleep. The main thing we noticed was that she seemed very anxious about many things, even things that had a simple solution. We thought that, once some the issues were resolved (getting their truck registered, filing taxes, getting health insurance, etc.) she would be less anxious. But it seemed that even then her anxiety remained and even increased. Her main concern was getting jobs and getting back to a “normal” life. Many people who have traveled extensively, especially abroad, have since responded with their stories of similar feelings. We did not expect this reaction from Leanne. She was reticent to join in any of the family Holiday activities. This was totally out of character for her. She began to isolate herself, which is a classic sign of depression. But then Leanne always valued her “me time”, so it did not raise a lot of red flags for us. From what we know now, it seems her depression worsened rather rapidly in the last week before she took her life. We were not there that week, to our great regret. We have an annual conference of military chaplain endorsers in Washington, D.C, and it was that week. We considered not going, but Leanne assured us that we should go. She even agreed to care for our dog while we were gone. We will always wonder if we could have prevented her suicide if we had stayed home that week. But then we would have never guessed that she would take her life. We have no doubt that is what happened, but it still is hard to accept on an emotional level."

3. Was Leanne ever diagnosed with clinical depression, whether it be after the trip or at any other point in her life? Did anyone ever get her counseling after she got back from overseas? "As far as I know, Leanne was never diagnosed with clinical depression. To the contrary, she had a very positive outlook about life. She had a combination of being creative yet organized that I admired about her. As I said previously, when she came back, she seemed very anxious about practically everything. She insisted that she was "fine" and was not open to counseling."

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.