April 26, 2024, 09:04:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 33 yo Leanne Hecht Bearden Missing Since 1/17/14  (Read 204617 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2014, 06:12:40 PM »

I pray it's her  an angelic monkey
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2014, 06:19:06 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/ourfriendleannehechtbearden/posts/221903391334654

Chris Busch
This email is from the UT Houston Police Department. If the reports are accurate, which seems likely as she was reported as seen three times in Houston yesterday, then this is good news!

MISSING PERSON

UT Police is requesting your help and be on the look out for Ms. Leanne
Bearden. Ms. Bearden has been the subject of a nation wide missing person
search since 1/17/2014. Ms. Bearden was reported missing from Garden
Ridge, TX just outside San Antonio. A Texas Medical Center employee
reported seeing Ms. Bearden on TMC property at approximately 5:30pm
yesterday (01-27-2014). It was also reported to the missing persons’ hotline
on two other occassions yesterday that Ms. Bearden was sighted on
Richmond Ave, and along Westheimer.
There is a good possibility she is in
the area and her welfare may be at risk. She may be seeking shelter or
medical help.

If you see Ms. Bearden or have knowledge of her whereabouts please contact
UT Police immediately at 713.792.2890.

ALERT
From The University
of Texas Police at
Houston
713-792-2890

7 minutes ago

FWIW  - I did find the same alert on the UT Houston Twitter page:

https://twitter.com/UTPoliceHouston

Thanks Klaas!  I hope it's her too! 

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2014, 07:00:23 PM »

I pray it's her  an angelic monkey

Me three Klaas an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2014, 07:33:10 PM »

http://www.woai.com/pages/michaelboard.html

Tuesday, January 28, 2014
Private Investigator Looking For Leanne

Talked to Charlie Parker, the private investigator that that family has hired.

There was one part that really stuck out.  He says they are doing a timeline.  Where she may have been and where she might have gone.

The couple shared one laptop computer, but police took possession of that.  They shared a cell phone and they're going through each number, talking to each person. 

"There are 45 text message that we have to go through."

And here's the interesting point: 

"She made calls the day she went missing.  Thank God we caught that. We're interviewing those people."

So, there is independent verification that Leanne was alive that day.  Josh and Leanne were the only ones in the home, so this rules out what some believe; that he may have hurt her and hid the body.  From the start, I have said that, candidly, I do not believe Josh is involved.  In missing wives cases, there is always scrutiny of the husband. 

And in missing persons cases, I've heard some wonder if there were money problems that could have caused either a) a fight or b) her to leave.

"They were financially fixed well.  Everything was going well."

And, about that landscaper who saw her leave the home.

"We know the police have interviewed him twice," Parker told me

He says she left at 1:30 and had a job interview on the phone lined up at 2pm.  Bu, he says it wouldnt be the first time someone walked away from their life.

He says they're also checking stores in the area to see if she was running.  "She would have to have bought a coat."

"We dont consider her a victim yet."

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2014, 08:01:10 PM »

If they are financially fixed well, why did they still just have one cellphone and one laptop when they're both looking for jobs? 

I can understand it while they were traveling around the world...

The shared phone surprises me especially...

jmo

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2014, 08:04:56 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/ourfriendleannehechtbearden/posts/221820391342954

Jaime Junior
Do we know anything regarding her Passport??
6 hours ago

Josh Bearden She doesn't have her passport with her. Thanks for trying help, Jaime!!
5 hours ago

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #66 on: January 28, 2014, 08:29:16 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/ourfriendleannehechtbearden/posts/221773878014272

Lepper Edward
Garden Ridge, TX is an upper crust neighborhood. I have a girlfriend who lives in Garden Ridge. I drive by the area often to head to Rolling Oaks Mall and I usually see the Garden Ridge police patrolling the area frequently. Crime is extremely low; I don't believe I've ever heard of a crime taking place in Garden Ridge, TX. I'm a walker...I always take my cell phone, but I don't ever take my wallet or money. I wonder why she didn't take her cell phone given she was unfamiliar with the area. It's hard to imagine that she was abducted...I will continue to pray that she is found soon.
9 hours ago

Gary Dennis I agree, I drove to work through Garden Ridge for several years prior to moving to Houston a few months ago and it is hard to imagine. It was a nice neighborhood, cars were always on the roads, and the police were patrolling. Very sad situation, many prayers.
6 hours ago

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #67 on: January 28, 2014, 09:12:48 PM »

If they are financially fixed well, why did they still just have one cellphone and one laptop when they're both looking for jobs? 

I can understand it while they were traveling around the world...

The shared phone surprises me especially... jmo

bbm ^^^  Me, too.  What couple in 2014 does that? ...especially after they returned in my opinion.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #68 on: January 28, 2014, 09:17:03 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/ourfriendleannehechtbearden

Our Friend Leanne Hecht Bearden
about an hour ago

As many of you wonderful friends have seen, there have been a few sightings of someone who meets the description of Leanne in the Houston area over the last couple of days. While we are thinking very positively, we know that there are many people out there that meet her description. However, please know that the Houston PD are taking this very seriously and following the lead closely. In the meantime, if you have any Houston media contacts, please reach out to them and ask them to run Leanne's story - so people will continue to keep their eyes out and report any sightings to police. KEEP POSITIVE THOUGHTS and THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT! We're gonna find her.
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #69 on: January 28, 2014, 09:42:36 PM »

the med center is over by hermann pk
http://goo.gl/maps/qpPO5

A Texas Medical Center employee
reported seeing Ms. Bearden on TMC property at approximately 5:30pm
yesterday (01-27-2014). It was also reported to the missing persons’ hotline
on two other occassions yesterday that Ms. Bearden was sighted on
Richmond Ave, and along Westheimer.
https://www.facebook.com/ourfriendleannehechtbearden/posts/221903391334654

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2014, 05:26:56 PM »

http://m.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/Family-discounts-reports-of-missing-woman-seen-in-5184620.php

Family discounts reports of missing woman seen in Houston
Zeke MacCormack | January 29, 2014

SAN ANTONIO — A private investigator working with police to locate a Colorado woman missing from Garden Ridge said reports that the woman was seen in Houston are false.

“We know it's not her,” said Charlie Parker, a private investigator who's working with Garden Ridge police to locate Leanne Hecht Bearden, who vanished from her in-law's home Jan. 17 after leaving for an afternoon walk.

He said the family learned Tuesday afternoon that four potential sightings of Bearden, 33, were logged with police at the University of Texas medical school in Houston this week.

Parker said early Wednesday that he planned to travel there to interview those making the reports, but called back soon after to cancel those plans.

“Houston police have confirmed they are not her. I'm not going,” he said.

Garden Ridge Police Chief Donna O'Conner said the four reports arose in the same area of Houston, and that one person who notified authorities provided a photo of the subject, described as a homeless mother asking for money.

“It was NOT her,” O'Conner said via email Wednesday.

While disappointed the tips didn't pan out, Will Bearden was gratified by the public's efforts to help locate his daughter-in-law.

“Even though these turned out to be unfounded, it does show that the public awareness is there,” he said. “We want to keep the public aware that we're searching for her. The next tip may be the one that helps us find her.”

Also Wednesday, Parker released photos of two rings — size three and a half — worn by Bearden in hopes that someone make recognize them.

“They're unusual rings,” he said. “If she's running, she might try to pawn them. And if someone else has them, they might try to pawn them.”

http://ww1.hdnux.com/photos/26/06/02/5791920/3/2000x2000.jpg

http://ww4.hdnux.com/photos/26/06/02/5791931/3/2000x2000.jpg

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #71 on: January 29, 2014, 05:47:10 PM »

http://statement-analysis.blogspot.com/2014/01/missing-leanne-beardens-husbands.html

Monday, January 27, 2014

Missing Leanne Bearden's Husband's Statement Analyzed

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #72 on: January 29, 2014, 06:42:51 PM »

When I first read articles about Leanne Bearden missing, I wondered, hmmmm.....  I actually waited a day or two before opening a thread in Missing Persons, and still I kept an eye out because I just had this feeling she would turn up alive somewhere.  I hope I'm correct in thinking she's out there alive.  Why does the sister-in-law say they were all thinking "she just went on a walk to clear her head, to think about things.."   Sounds like she had a lot on her mind and was troubled to use that phrase.  Why not just say she was taking a walk?  Most of the time I take a walk it's for exercise.  And right on top of it all, she was headed back to get a job, rent a house etc.  It's all very strange to me. There are things that just don't sound right.  I initially thought I hope she shows up soon, so resources aren't wasted and when people really do go missing, police will take it seriously.  But then I felt bad, because what if she was taken by someone?  What if she went to meet someone and it went down wrong?  What was in the backpack?  How many people go for a walk or a hike in the area and take their credit cards and some money/wallet?  Maybe she took the wallet out of habit.  Maybe she took drinks and a snack, but to me that would indicate she planned to be gone a while. There have been cases, such as Rachel Cooke's case where she went for a jog at her folks house on college break and was never seen again.  And of course, we all know about Lacey Peterson's case, where initially it was thought she went missing while out walking the family dog.   
 I do know people that worked more than one job and saved and saved to go to Mexico for a year or somewhere like that. 

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=6897.msg1051655#msg1051655
Rachel Cooke 19, Williamson Cty, TX-Last seen 1/10/02

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/Family-Missing-woman-did-not-walk-away-5159834.php

“What we're all thinking is that she just went on a walk to clear her head, to think about things, but it does seem out of character for her to run off because she just doesn't want to disappoint anybody,” Rebekah Sculley, the missing woman's sister-in-law, said Monday. “She's just a family pleaser. She wouldn't want to cause anybody trouble.”

Sculley said her brother and sister-in-law lived in Colorado before taking a two-year trip around the world. The pair recently returned and have been staying in Garden Ridge since Dec. 23, she said. That's where Josh Bearden's parents reside.

Leanne and Josh Bearden were scheduled on Monday to go back to Denver, where they had job interviews lined up, Sculley said. They were renting their house there through an agency and were planning to take it over in May, Sculley said.

Leanne Bearden was having some difficulties adjusting after the worldwide excursion, according to her sister-in-law.

“It was kind of a hard transition for her, so she's having some anxiety about it, but nothing that seemed like she was just going to run off,
” Sculley said

Family members said she did not take her cellphone or any electronic devices and had $60 in cash at most. She had her wallet with credit cards but has not used them, according to her husband, who has been checking. Leanne Bearden also had her wedding and engagement rings when she left, family members said.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #73 on: January 29, 2014, 06:54:35 PM »

http://statement-analysis.blogspot.com/2014/01/missing-leanne-beardens-husbands.html

Monday, January 27, 2014

Missing Leanne Bearden's Husband's Statement Analyzed

Leosh Bearden said...

I'm hoping that there are a few of you on this board that actually care about finding my wife. I stay up all night checking credit cards, researching maps, checking for clues, and doing whatever I can to prepare for the next day. While researching I stumbled across this blog. I do believe that you are somebody who is seeking attention and whose interest is not in our search. I know I'm jumping into the shark tank but I'm willing to do that to find Leanne. I have to say this blog is ultimately damaging to us finding her. I've done everything I've been asked and will continue to do so we can move on to the ultimate goal. FINDING LEANNE.
    Josh Bearden
    January 29, 2014 at 3:10 AM

Leosh Bearden said...

Also, while you're pounding out emails "Trying to help" could you ask for some drones to search the area. We've been trying to get those and haven't gotten any response. Thanks in advance.
    January 29, 2014 at 3:14 AM

Peter Hyatt said...

People speculating on if someone caused the disappearance does not hinder search efforts. In fact, it gets more people talking and the more people talking, the more Leanne's name remains in the public mindset.

If someone wishes to directly address anyone's suspicions, it is for the person to do, if they wish.

If they choose not to, it is their right as well, but the information is put out to the public for the public to know, discern, and have an opinion.

My thinking is that if this was me, I would not give a rat's arse about speculation, as all I would care about is finding my wife, and in keeping with this, I would want her name on everyone's mind and heart, all the time.

If the speculation bothered me, I would issue a denial and be done with it, and get back to searching.

Peter Hyatt
    January 29, 2014 at 9:01 AM

Peter Hyatt said...

Added to the analysis is the police statement that the husband is cooperating and is not a person of interest.

Peter Hyatt
    January 29, 2014 at 9:03 AM

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #74 on: January 30, 2014, 12:58:29 AM »

https://twitter.com/JBWeather/status/426016711783874560

Jeremy Baker ‏@JBWeather

Bloodhounds are now involved in the search for #LeanneBearden who has been missing since last Friday. @KENS5 pic.twitter.com/fpmeHrFon1

7:41 AM - 22 Jan 2014

I've read that dogs lost her scent nearby, but I've seen no official confirmation of that.

Saw this comment, no idea if he knows this for a fact or not.

https://www.facebook.com/ourfriendleannehechtbearden/posts/220237371501256?comment_id=453370&reply_comment_id=453376&total_comments=11

Tommy Vincent There are traffic signal cams to both the east and west of Sumac along 3009... these are on 30-day recording loops and are owned by the City of Garden Ridge. These cameras, based on information from the tree trimmer and the end-of-scent from canine searches, indicate that she was last on 3009 at Teakwood, one street over from Sumac.  If this is the case, there is no way that Leanne could have travelled, either by foot or vehicle, past those signal cams without being captured. EVERY vehicle caught on video cam in that four hour span should be investigated.
January 25 at 11:23pm · Edited

If that's correct she was practically right across the street from the Police Department! 

http://goo.gl/maps/0kDYv

(A) 9325 Sumac Lane, Garden Ridge, TX
(B) Garden Ridge Police Department, Municipal Parkway, Garden Ridge, TX 78266

(Walking) 0.6 mi, 13 mins

This sign is where the last turn is...387 feet from Teakwood.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #75 on: January 30, 2014, 01:50:22 AM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1401/27/ijvm.01.html

JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL

Masked Predator Attacking Texas Women?; Wife Accused of Helping Kill Husband`s Ex

Aired January 27, 2014 - 19:00:00   ET

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL, HOST: Tonight, a bone-chilling mystery. A beautiful young woman vanishes into thin air in a small Texas town while taking a walk near her in-laws` house, just hours before a terrifying attack on a young woman jogging in the same general area. Is a man in a ski mask preying on beautiful young women in Texas?

Good evening, I`m Jane Velez-Mitchell coming to you live.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: She went for a walk while visiting his parents in Texas and never returned.

JOSH BEARDEN, LEANNE`S HUSBAND: You know, the daytimes I`m strong- ish. The night times are awful.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Sometimes not knowing is worse than knowing.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Cops say 33-year-old Leanne Bearden left her in-laws` house in Garden Ridge, Texas, which is near San Antonio, in jeans and a T- shirt to go for a walk. She didn`t have her cell phone with her. It was just a casual little stroll. But after a few hours, her husband realized something was terribly wrong.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

J. BEARDEN: I knew after three hours that something was really, really wrong.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Search parties have now scoured the entire area, looking, hunting for any trace of Leanne, but so far they have not found any clues. Zero. It is a total mystery.

But just hours after Leanne disappeared, a female jogger was attacked 30 miles away by a masked man who happened to have a spider tattoo. The jogger successfully fought off the masked attacker. The suspect has not been identified or located. Are these two cases connected? We`re asking tonight.

Call me, 1-877-JVM-SAYS, 1-877-586-7297. Together, we`re going to try to solve this case.

Joining me now in a primetime exclusive, Leanne`s husband, Josh Bearden. Josh, first of all, I want to say that my heart goes out to you. I`m so sorry over what you`re going through. I understand that this is a complete nightmare. But I probably don`t even have an inkling of what you`re feeling emotionally.

I want to say, cops have cleared you of any involvement. That is a published report.

Let`s -- let`s start with what you`re going through. What has this been like since the 17th?

J. BEARDEN: It`s been just the worst experience that you could possibly imagine, to go from traveling around the world for two years with your best friend, and seeing her every single day, and then all of a sudden she`s just gone, and nobody has any idea where she is. It`s the worst feeling that anybody could ever have.

And I want to thank you for helping us today, and being interested in our story.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: We are very interested. And we want to see if somehow we can either jog somebody`s memory who is watching.

Now, here`s the thing that I want to clarify. What time exactly did she go out, and why would she go out without a cell phone? And yet I understand she had her wallet with her.

J. BEARDEN: You know, we always go out for a walk with a cell phone. So normally, you know, she wouldn`t have her cell phone with her. Plus we only had one cell phone. Because we`d been sharing a cell phone, until we moved back to Denver. So her not having a cell phone isn`t that unusual, because I was doing job interviews.

And as far as the wallet goes, we always hike with our wallet or go walk around with our wallet. I really don`t understand why that`s unusual. But I guess it is. We always go for a walk with our wallets.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right. Well, let me ask you to stand by. We`re going to mention some clues that we have so far. And they`re few and far between. And then we`re going to get your reaction and the experts that we have on our panel to try to solve this. Or at least get a break of some sort.

Leanne`s husband, you just heard him. He`s speaking to us exclusively tonight. Says she only took her wallet when she left the house, not her cell phone.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

J. BEARDEN: She had, at most, $60 cash. And she had her -- she had her wallet. So she had her credit cards in there, which I have checked.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Now, according to cops, there`s been no credit card activity on any of her cards. They did confirm that Leanne, in fact, left the house. Police say landscapers talked to them and said yes, they saw Leanne walking north from her in-laws` home.

Now, she`s extremely petite. She weighs just 100 pounds and is 5`2". So she`s in great shape. She could be easily overpowered.

Jon Leiberman, here`s what I don`t get. How is it possible that police are saying they`re calling off the search tonight because they don`t have any evidence that a crime`s been committed. Are you kidding me? This is a petite young woman who, what do you think, she walks out into the sunset with no possessions and no cell phone, just for no reason and that`s not suspicious?

JON LEIBERMAN, HLN CONTRIBUTOR: Look, this is a young woman who also ran marathons. That`s what kind of shape she was in. When she left the house, we`ve learned, she had on hiking boots.

So right now, Jane, there are two parallel investigations. One investigation into the scenario that, did she try and go hiking, and perhaps fell, or got bitten by some sort of animal? And I will say she was not familiar with the terrain around this area, because this was her in- laws` home. That`s one possibility.

And in fact, Texas EquuSearch has offered drones to go up and actually survey all the land around there, because there are these little caves and little cavities where she could have fallen. And that`s one investigation.

The other parallel investigation, as you mentioned, even though the searchers have been called off actively, they are following up leads. They`re looking at 41 sex offenders in that area, in this county. They`re looking at the unsolved case that you mentioned of the hiker. So there are two parallel investigations. Don`t read too much into the fact that they`re not actively searching. They`re putting those resources elsewhere.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, let`s take a look at this possible -- we don`t know -- but there`s possibly -- we can look at it, a connection between Leanne`s disappearance and this other terrifying case. Cops say another jogger was attacked near where Leanne vanished. You can see on the map -- and we`re going to show you -- the location is only 30 miles apart.

Now, according to the woman who was attacked, her attacker was wearing a ski mask and had a spider tattoo on his neck. Now Leanne disappeared on the afternoon, is my understanding, of Friday, January 17. So two Fridays ago. The female jogger was attacked by the man in the ski mask 10 p.m. that same night, 30 miles away. That woman was able to fight him off.

But Joe Gomez, reporter, KRLD in Dallas, what do you make? Is that just a bizarre and terrifying coincidence, or could there be somebody who is on the loose there preying on women?

JOE GOMEZ, REPORTER, KRLD, DALLAS: Yes, we`ve always heard there`s no such thing as coincidences, right, Jane? This was a brazen attack by this individual to assault this woman in the middle of the night, while she`s jogging out there. I mean, a lot of joggers go out there. It`s decent weather out there in San Antonio this time of year. And that he would just attack this woman, with the possibility of getting caught, is very brazen.

Now, what`s also frightening, Jane, is that earlier this month, another woman was stabbed to death at a park in the San Antonio area, as well. She was discovered stabbed to death. Her attacker has never been found. So it`s...

VELEZ-MITCHELL: My understanding was -- my understanding was that there was an arrest in that case. And we`re going to have to try to clarify that. We`re going to clarify that during the break. Because there`s a lot of information coming out.

There was an attack on New Year`s Eve where a young woman was attacked and my understanding is killed, tragically. But my understanding is that that attacker has been caught, or at least the suspect in this case has been caught.

But if not, you`re possibly right. There could be three women now at risk of one dead, one missing, one who fought off her attacker. You know, this is a war on women that we`re talking about here. Women in America should not have to feel terrified of going for a hike or going for a jog. And it`s a sad state of affairs when that is the reality. That when women are jogging in an area, there`s warnings: oh, be careful, be careful.

We have a great surveillance technology. Often used for all the wrong reasons. We should have surveillance technology to protect women in America, so that we, more than half the population -- taxpayers, mothers, daughters, wives, sisters -- can go out without fearing for our lives.

Garth in New York, Garth, New York, what do you have to say?

CALLER: I have one thing to say, Jane. Because I don`t have a problem with the law enforcement camera system. Because there`s so many people been disappearing, and when they`re ready to use the cameras for the right reasons, they`ll find it. What happened to the camera when our children and our sisters and our brothers are disappearing and they don`t find them. What`s going on with the camera system? And what is...

VELEZ-MITCHELL: You`re absolutely right. There are -- there is incredible surveillance technology, extremely cheap right now, that we could put on every street in America. You know, they could catch you when you cross a red light. I`ve been caught driving and gone through that red light, boom, that camera has me. So it`s not a question of privacy, because they`ve got the cameras out there. But they should have cameras out there to save lives.

If you`re in a national park, or a local park, put cameras out there, so that people can see who`s going in and out, and we can catch predators.

We`re just getting started. We`ve got new information coming in. We`re clarifying the issue of whether or not a suspect has been caught in the New Year`s Eve case.

And again, we`re on exclusively with Josh Bearden, who is searching for his wife. They went around the world for two years. Then she gets back to Texas and goes missing while taking a walk. What do you think? Stay right there.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: We have to be doing something. We just -- the waiting is the worst part of this. The waiting and not knowing.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

LEANNE BEARDEN, MISSING WOMAN: How about little kisses?

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: That is the woman who is missing tonight. We`re trying to find her. With her husband in Athens, Greece.

Leanne and her husband just got back from fulfilling a lifelong dream traveling the world. They visited 56 countries in 22 months. And then, in a tragic irony, back visiting the in-laws, Josh`s parents, this beautiful young woman, petite, goes out for a walk on the 17th, Friday the 17th, two Fridays ago, never returns.

And we found out there was an arrest in the New Year`s Eve case. So we`re talking about her disappearance on the same day as a woman is attacked by a man in a ski mask.

Josh, I want to go back to you. I ask this not to embarrass you. But have you been able to look at her cell phone and see, did she have communications with anyone? Is it possible that she met somebody during her travels, and wanted to hook up with that person? Was she upset about anything? Were there money troubles? You know, anything?

J. BEARDEN: No, there`s nothing that I can figure out. And as far as if she hooked up with somebody, or something like that, we were together 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for 22 months. I`m pretty sure that I would have known if anything like that was going on. So I don`t mean to chuckle at it, but it`s just -- it`s not possible.

Can you ask the other part of the question? I forgot, sorry.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, I said, did you have a chance to look at her cell phone and see if there were any communications? I mean, it may not be something that is -- there might be something that she texted like, "Hey, I`ll stop by the bank," or "I`ll meet you at the coffee shop," or whatever, to a friend that would give an indication of where she was going.

J. BEARDEN: Yes, we turned over my cell phone, or our cell phone over to the police. And they had it for about a day. And then we hired a private investigator today, and he went over the phone records with us. So we`ve gone over every single phone number that`s been called and received. And have checked all of those. So there was nothing unusual that`s on there.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Nothing they can use at all.

Well, let me go to Evangeline Gomez, criminal defense attorney. You`ve handled so many of these cases. What do you make of this?

EVANGELINE GOMEZ, CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY: This is a very sad, tragic case. This is a Katherine Middleton look-alike.

In this situation, I think you`d want to hire various private investigators and actually investigate the theories they come up with. You don`t want to put all your eggs in one basket. You want to make sure that every stone has been unturned, that nothing has been left out of this search.

Also, competing search teams would be something that I would advise hiring, that could work with and independently of the local police department.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, he did hire a private investigator.

E. GOMEZ: One.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Yes. One. Well, OK, it`s a start. Dr. Tiffanie Davis-Henry, this is a surreal nightmare for this family.

TIFFANIE DAVIS HENRY: It is.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: What are your thoughts?

HENRY: Well, it`s really tragic. It`s kind of unthinkable that -- you know, I`m someone who goes out when I go running, and oftentimes, I go running by myself in national parks. You don`t think that something like this could happen. But this is certainly a wakeup call, Jane, that this can -- this is a very real possibility.

I don`t think this woman just seemingly vanished in thin air. I think that there is someone out there that knows something about this case. And I would ask, plead with Josh -- and I know he`s doing it -- to keep praying, keep being strong. You and your family, you have the love and support of an entire nation that wants to see Leanne found. So keep making noise. Keep doing everything that you have to do. Keep searching. Don`t let this die, because she is out there somewhere. And someone knows something about what happened to her.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Yes. And we`re going to stay on top of this. I hope that surveillance video of the nearest stores, even if they`re a walk, a long walk, check to see if anybody got gas in the neighborhood, any kind of vehicle going through. We have to find this young woman.

This is wrong, that in America, we women have to fear going for a hike or a jog, that we`re putting our lives in our hands. It`s wrong. It`s got to stop.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #76 on: January 30, 2014, 01:05:44 PM »

12 minutes ago

IMPORTANT: Statement by the family of Leanne Bearden:

As you know, Leanne Bearden was last seen leaving her in-law’s house in Garden Ridge, Texas on the afternoon of January 17, 2014 for what she had said was to be a one-hour walk. She has not been seen or heard from by her family since. We initially believed that she was somewhere in the local area. However, after much searching, culminating on January 25 with an extensive air and land search of a 23 square mile area including Garden Ridge and the immediate surrounding area, no evidence has been found of her presence.

The Garden Ridge Police, Comal County Sheriff’s office, the Texas Rangers, and other agencies as well as a private investigator have conducted an extensive investigation including talking with many of Leanne’s family members and friends as well as many other people living in this area. They also examined Leanne’s computer and telephone, including emails, text messages, and phone records and contacts. The pressure of transitioning from her two year trip back into what we consider “normal” life seems to have left her very anxious and stressed. As a result of this investigation there is evidence that Leanne may have voluntarily left the area, and we understand this is a strong possibility.

If Leanne has indeed fled this area, she is extremely vulnerable. She left with only a few assets and is traveling very light. Although she is athletic, she is small in stature. Her mental and physical status is uncertain. We fear for her greatly. We urge anyone who might have any information about Leanne to contact the Garden Ridge Police department at 210-651-6441 or Private Investigator Charles Parker at 210-826-4052.

Please remember Leanne, the Bearden and Hecht families, and all of Leanne’s friends in your thoughts and prayers.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #77 on: January 30, 2014, 01:11:24 PM »

http://www.mysanantonio.com/default/article/Family-Strong-possibility-woman-left-on-her-own-5189652.php

Family: 'Strong possibility' woman left on her own
By Zeke MacCormack : January 30, 2014 : Updated: January 30, 2014 12:04pm

SAN ANTONIO — After two weeks of fruitless searching for Leanne Hecht Bearden, her family says evidence suggests “a strong possibility” that she voluntarily vanished Jan. 17 from the Garden Ridge home of her in-laws. .

That conclusion is based on accounts that Bearden, 33, was troubled before leaving the residence and on two reported sightings of her walking along F.M. 3009 toward Interstate 35 soon afterward.

“While those two witnesses are very credible, we are still exploring other possibilities,” Will Bearden, her father-in-law, said Thursday. “It's a hopeful sign. It's also a fearful sign.”

Extensive police searches around the Sumac Lane residence yielded no evidence of foul play, nor Bearden, who'd recently returned from an around-the-world trek with husband Josh Bearden and was briefly staying with his parents.

Charlie Parker, a private investigator hired by the family, said one person reported seeing Bearden walking briskly and wearing a pack. The pack and some power bars were the only items discovered missing after Bearden mysteriously disappeared after announcing she was going on a one-hour walk.

Parker also said acquaintances who spoke to her that morning described her as troubled.

“The pressure of transitioning from her two-year trip back into what we consider 'normal' life seems to have left her very anxious and stressed,” the family said in a statement issued Thursday. “If Leanne has indeed fled this area, she is extremely vulnerable. She left with only a few assets and is traveling very light.”

Authorities also are concerned by the lack of communication from Bearden, a petite woman, even if she left voluntarily.

“The possibility that Ms. Bearden is in a period of adjustment could make her vulnerable and I continue to ask others to notify their local police agency if they see her,” Garden Ridge Police Chief Donna O'Conner said Thursday. “Our mutual goal is to find Leanne and provide her the support that she needs.”

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #78 on: January 30, 2014, 11:05:47 PM »

http://www.woai.com/pages/michaelboard.html

Thursday, January 30, 2014
Leanne Bearden Update 1/30

Tomorrow will be two weeks that Leanne Bearden has been missing.  For background, see my other blog posts.

Today the family put out a statement that basically said they are now leaning towards the possibility that Leanne left on her own.

"We know that she was going through some stress, having to do with coming off the world trip and coming back into life, and we're thinking that she left voluntary," one family member told me.

They said what scares them is that she has not contacted the family, which is out of character for her.  When Leanne and Josh were on their two year world trip they would call often and skype with the family on a regular basis.

What evidence do they have that she voluntarily left?  None, other than all the other possibilities have been ruled out.

Here's new information: 

1) the backpack.  the family noticed the back pack missing from their home.  They have searched everywhere and have no found it.  It was not thrown away by anyone in the family.

2) a bag full of powerbars.  It's missing from the home.  This is what they ate when they were on the vacation.

3) I've learned that a credible witness has called police saying that he thinks he saw Leanne.  Dont know the date. Heard about her being missing.  Made eye contact with the woman.  Tried to uturn but there is a median.  She was gone.  It was on 3009 closer to i-35.  Here's the fed-ex location where he thinks he saw her.

------------------

10 hours ago

IMPORTANT: Statement by the family of Leanne Bearden:

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #79 on: January 31, 2014, 12:28:00 AM »

You know, I can sympathize with this woman.  I have been off work for almost 2 years, cannot find a job because of the economy and my age, decided to go on and retire.  The thought of going back to work now gives me chills.  I find that I don't want to rejoin the workforce, have lost all my confidence in myself, and cannot seem to accept my new life.  Maybe she is going through these similar things.  No matter what anyone says being off work for this length of time makes it extremely hard to come to terms of going back to the way life should be, not traveling the world and spending every minute, every waking hour with your husband.  I would think both of them learned a LOT about each other over the course of the last 2 years.  I love my family and wouldn't trade it for anything but it is different spending every waking minute with your loved ones.  Sometimes I just "go for a walk" to be alone but never have I had the feeling that I want to keep walking.  JMO after reading through this.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.