April 24, 2024, 12:18:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Murder of two year old Grace Ford  (Read 12688 times)
iluvmua
Scared Monkey

« on: January 28, 2014, 02:13:41 PM »

I don't know if anybody is following this case........ but it is very interesting.

This happened in Plano, Tx at an apartment on January 9 and one January 12, Grace was taken off life support.

my copy and paste button is not working right now, so somebody else can post articles on here.

The father of Grace has primary custody and he called for a welfare check on January 9th.

The mother and her family are the only ones saying that a babysitter was attacked by an intruder and Grace was smothered with duct tape. This was before anything went public.

Emily got a tattoo the day of the funeral that says ' This too shall pass'.

you can look up her facebook page. she has a very weird way of grieving.

iluvmua
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 02:15:31 PM »

Her name is Emily Ann Ward.

and you will see a picture of her and Grace.

BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 05:46:33 PM »

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/24518618/2-year-old-plano-girl-a-victim-of-homicidal-violence

Posted: Jan 22, 2014 10:37 AM CST

DALLAS -
Plano police said the 2-year-old girl who died last week was a victim of homicidal violence.

Officers found Grace Ford unconscious on Jan. 9 while conducting a welfare check at an apartment in the 1500 block of J Place. She died three days later at Children's Medical Center.

A donation website set up by friends and family members said the toddler's face was duct taped, causing her to suffocate.

On Wednesday, the Dallas County medical examiner confirmed suffocation was her cause of death and the case was officially ruled a homicide.

Police still will not discuss the details of the investigation, saying only that it is ongoing.

"We've been talking to several people," said Plano police spokesman David Tilley. "It's something we are not taking lightly. Our goal is to get out there and get justice for this young girl and her family."

No arrests have been made.

Read more: http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/24518618/2-year-old-plano-girl-a-victim-of-homicidal-violence#ixzz2rjjA7dcc
iluvmua
Scared Monkey

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 07:08:12 PM »

We don't know who lives in the apartment, grace's obit says bio mom lived in plano and bio dad lived in allen.

and just now, emily and her father were called to come to the poilce station asap to see a detective.
iluvmua
Scared Monkey

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 09:43:34 PM »

Fiance of bio dad was arrested........ she was caught cheating on Mitch Ford and he broke off the engagement so she killed his daughter to get back at him.

more at www.wfaa.com
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2014, 09:50:40 PM »

Fiance of bio dad was arrested........ she was caught cheating on Mitch Ford and he broke off the engagement so she killed his daughter to get back at him.

more at www.wfaa.com

Once again what's wrong with people today. Why kill and why a baby.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2014, 09:51:49 PM »

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/24568137/mans-fiance-charged-in-death-of-his-2-year-old-plano-daughter

Updated: Jan 28, 2014 6:40 PM CST

Plano Police announced Tuesday that they've made an arrest in the recent death of a 2-year-old girl.

Melinda Lynn Muniz, 25, has been charged with capital murder in the death of Grace Lillian Ford, police say. Muniz is reportedly the fiancée of Ford's father.

Ford was found unconscious at an apartment earlier this month and was transported to a local hospital for treatment, where she was declared brain-dead three days later.

A fundraising page for Ford said her face was found duct-taped shut. 

Police said they got a welfare concern call from the girl's father on Jan. 9 about 1:40 p.m. from his apartment in the 1500 block of J Place.

Read more: http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/24568137/mans-fiance-charged-in-death-of-his-2-year-old-plano-daughter#ixzz2rkiv9s3S

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2014, 10:21:07 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=612081045531287&set=a.206553766084019.50338.100001881904246&type=1&relevant_count=1

Emily Ward
about an hour ago near Frisco, TX

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2014, 10:30:11 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=607893559283369&set=a.157629860976410.39815.100001881904246&type=1&permPage=1

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2014, 10:31:39 PM »

http://thepolicenews.net/default.aspx?act=newsletter.aspx&category=News+1-2&newsletterid=43157

Plano Woman Jailed For Capital Murder - Plano Police Dept.

Plano Police Department
NEWS RELEASE
For Immediate Release:
David Tilley, PIO

Date: January 28, 2014
Time: 6:30 p.m.
Incident: 14-4682

HOMICIDE UPDATE - ARREST

On January 22, 2014, Plano Police Detectives received information that the Dallas County Medical Examiner’s Office ruled the manner of death of 2-year old Grace Lillian Ford as a Homicide.

On January 28, 2014 at approximately 2:25 p.m., Officers of the Plano Police Department arrested Melinda Lynn Muniz, a 25-year old female from Plano TX. She has been charged with Capital Murder and is being held in the Plano City Jail on a $1,000,000 bond.

This investigation is currently on-going.

HOMICIDE

On January 9, 2014 at approximately 1:40 p.m., Plano Police Officers were dispatched to the 1500 block of J Place regarding a Welfare Concern. During the course of the investigation, officers found a female child victim who was unconscious. Plano Emergency Services responded and transported the female child to a local area hospital for medical treatment. On January 12, 2014, three days later, the female child was pronounced deceased.

This case is now being investigated as a Homicide and autopsy results are pending.  Details will be forthcoming as the investigation unfolds.

If you have any information related to this incident, please contact the Plano Police Department Tip Line at 972-941-2148 or the Crime Stoppers Tip Line at 877-373-8477.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2014, 10:59:40 PM »

Rest in peace little Gracie.   an angelic monkey

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2014, 11:20:32 PM »

Video at the link

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/Plano-woman-charged-with-toddlers-murder-242498911.html

Plano woman charged with toddler's murder

by JOBIN PANICKER
Bio | Email | Follow: @jobinpnews

WFAA

Posted on January 28, 2014 at 7:25 PM

Updated today at 10:23 PM

PLANO — Plano police said Tuesday that Melinda Lynn Muniz, 25, has been arrested and charged with capital murder in the suffocation death of her boyfriend's daughter.

Investigators say Muniz staged a break-in to deflect attention from herself.

Two-year-old Grace Lillian Ford was found unconscious in a crib with her mouth covered with duct tape at an apartment in the 1500 block of J Place on January 9, according to an arrest affidavit.

Muniz was found on the floor of another room with her mouth taped shut and her pants pulled down.

The affidavit states that Muniz told police she had been sexually assaulted by an unknown male. But investigators said her story of an assault had holes.

Detectives said information conflicted and that her story was "inconsistent."

Medical tests failed to corroborate her claim of a sexual assault.

"What was reported to us that had taken place, there was not any way that could have happened," Plano police spokesman David Tilley said.

Grace was pronounced dead on January 12, and the child's death was ruled a homicide on January 22 by the Dallas County Medical Examiner's office.

The affidavit states that Muniz and Grace's father were in the process of breaking up.

Police also uncovered surveillance video showing that Muniz went to a nearby dollar store with Grace and purchased duct tape, zip ties, kitchen shears and cotton swabs just hours before police were called to her apartment.

"She took the child with her to purchase the items that she was going to use during the commission of the crime," Tilley said. "Clearly premeditated."

According to the affidavit, Grace's grandfather contacted Child Protective Services two days before the incident at Muniz' apartment. CPS confirmed the allegations, but was unable to confirm any abuse.

The agency is conducting a review of this case.

E-mail jpanicker@wfaa.com

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2014, 09:27:57 AM »

Video at the link

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/Plano-woman-charged-with-toddlers-murder-242498911.html

Plano woman charged with toddler's murder

by JOBIN PANICKER
Bio | Email | Follow: @jobinpnews

WFAA

Posted on January 28, 2014 at 7:25 PM

Updated today at 10:23 PM

PLANO — Plano police said Tuesday that Melinda Lynn Muniz, 25, has been arrested and charged with capital murder in the suffocation death of her boyfriend's daughter.

Investigators say Muniz staged a break-in to deflect attention from herself.

Two-year-old Grace Lillian Ford was found unconscious in a crib with her mouth covered with duct tape at an apartment in the 1500 block of J Place on January 9, according to an arrest affidavit.

Muniz was found on the floor of another room with her mouth taped shut and her pants pulled down.

The affidavit states that Muniz told police she had been sexually assaulted by an unknown male. But investigators said her story of an assault had holes.

Detectives said information conflicted and that her story was "inconsistent."

Medical tests failed to corroborate her claim of a sexual assault.

"What was reported to us that had taken place, there was not any way that could have happened," Plano police spokesman David Tilley said.

Grace was pronounced dead on January 12, and the child's death was ruled a homicide on January 22 by the Dallas County Medical Examiner's office.

The affidavit states that Muniz and Grace's father were in the process of breaking up.

Police also uncovered surveillance video showing that Muniz went to a nearby dollar store with Grace and purchased duct tape, zip ties, kitchen shears and cotton swabs just hours before police were called to her apartment.

"She took the child with her to purchase the items that she was going to use during the commission of the crime," Tilley said. "Clearly premeditated."

According to the affidavit, Grace's grandfather contacted Child Protective Services two days before the incident at Muniz' apartment. CPS confirmed the allegations, but was unable to confirm any abuse.

The agency is conducting a review of this case.

E-mail jpanicker@wfaa.com

BBM

there are evil people in this world -- she is one of them!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2014, 10:00:05 AM »

Rest in peace little Grace.   an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2014, 10:03:19 PM »

http://www.kvue.com/news/state/242744911.html
The Grace Ford case: What really happened in Apartment 331?
January 30, 2014

Video and photos at link

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2014, 08:04:56 PM »

http://www.khou.com/news/texas-news/Woman-charged-with-Plano-tots-murder-heads-to-court-258464301.html
Woman charged with Plano tot's murder heads to court
May 8 2014

PLANO, Texas -- The woman charged with capital murder in the death of her fiancé's little girl will appear in a Collin County courtroom Thursday for the first time.
Police say last January Melinda Muniz was caring for two-year-old Grace Ford in the Plano apartment she shared with her Mitch Ford, Grace's dad.
Ford found his daughter unconscious in a crib with her mouth covered with duct tape. Muniz was found on the floor of another room with her mouth taped shut and her pants pulled down.
Muniz initially told officers they were both attacked by an intruder. However, investigators say Muniz suffocated the girl, even taking her to the store to buy the duct tape used in the murder.

Grace's mother, Emily Ward, told News 8 she initially suspected Muniz in her daughter's murder because of previous abuse allegations.
Child Protective Services had investigated four allegations of abuse involving Grace since 2012. Two of them were for neglect, the other two for physical abuse. CPS was able to rule out abuse or substantiate bruises found on the toddler.
Grace was also taken to the hospital for a Benadryl overdose one night, Ward said.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2014, 10:08:08 PM »

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/Plano-woman-charged-with-killing-fiances-2-year-old-daughter-heads-to-court-258455261.html
Melinda Muniz trial could start spring 2015
May 8, 2014

PLANO -- The trial for a woman charged with capital murder in the death of her fiancé's little girl may not start until the spring of 2015.
During a court hearing on Thursday, the lawyer for Melinda Muniz met with prosecutors. They introduced evidence, including surveillance video, that they plan to use during the trial. Several more meetings like this will take place and, if nothing is contested, in August lawyers will choose a trial date for 2015.
More..

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2015, 03:11:16 PM »

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/crime/2015/01/26/melinda-muniz-murder-trial-begins-monday/22339681/
Melinda Muniz murder trial: Jury selection begins
January 26, 2015

COLLIN COUNTY -- Jury selection began Monday in the capital murder trial of Melinda Muniz.

She is accused of killing her boyfriend's 2-year-old daughter last January in their Plano apartment, then staging a home invasion in an attempt to cover it up

A pool of 115 potential jurors made their way into the courtroom around 11 Monday morning, after some initial delays that included a power outage in the Collin County Courthouse.

The pool is twice as big as usual because the case involves a young child and has received so much media coverage.

Jury selection was expected to take all day Monday. Potential jurors were required to fill out a questionnaire asking if they had seen media coverage of the case, and if they had come to a conclusion that would influence the verdict.

Muniz was in the courtroom as attorneys narrowed it down to 12 jurors and two alternates. She appeared somber and wore little makeup, trading in her prison jumpsuit for a black suit jacket and pink button-up shirt.

She was arrested last year after 2-year-old Grace Ford was found unconscious in her crib with duct tape over her mouth. Ford died several days later.

Muniz was also found with her mouth taped shut and her pants down in a separate room of the apartment. She first claimed that a man broke in and sexually assaulted her, but investigators said her story didn't add up.

They say surveillance video shows Muniz brought Ford with her to buy duct tape hours before the crime, and Muniz and Ford's father, Mitch, were in the process of breaking up.

If found guilty, Muniz faces life in prison without the possibility of parole. The prosecution decided not to pursue the death penalty.

Attorneys expect the trial will last through the middle of next week.

The defense told the judge they expect to call more than 30 witnesses, while the prosecution plans to call more than 45 to the stand.

Once the jury is selected, they will be barred from exposure to any media coverage of the case. ​

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2015, 03:13:00 PM »

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/crime/2015/01/26/melinda-muniz-murder-trial-begins-monday/22339681/

Grace Ford(Photo: WFAA)

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2015, 08:09:51 PM »

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/crime/2015/02/02/both-sides-rest-melinda-muniz-murder-trial/22740123/
Jury finds woman guilty in death of toddler
February 2, 2015

McKINNEY — After about 45 minutes of deliberations, the jury delivered a guilty verdict in the trial of a woman accused of killing her fiance's two-year-old daughter.

Melinda Muniz was sentenced to life in prison with no possibility of parole.

The jury watched surveillance video showing Muniz buying duct tape, with Grace in tow, hours before the crime.

Police say Muniz and Mitch Ford were in the process of breaking up.

During his impact statement, Reeves said he forgave Muniz.

"I'm still angry at you," he said. "But, more than that, I am sad."

Pages: 1 2 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.