April 20, 2024, 06:30:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chaparones?  (Read 3858 times)
Frostymoon
Scared Monkey

« on: June 20, 2005, 03:20:58 PM »

I am new to this site, so pardon me if this topic has been exhausted already. Where were the adults?  Surely they knew the kids were at a club drinking. I have not heard anything about their opinions or excuses as to how Natalie vanished.  Why didn't they set up a curfew and do a head count at night? Especially the night before they leave. Thanks for any info. Question (Incidently I have the wrong time zone listed.)
mbhs05
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2005, 04:07:29 PM »

Ok we HAVE been over this, but you say you're new, so I'll humor you.

This trip was NOT supposed to be chaperoned. The more correct term, as Alana put it, would be "trip advisor". The adults were there to help with passports, the airport, or medical emergencies. They were not there to babysit. They actually did MORE watching than they had been asked to, but obviously with 7 of them and 130 kids, they could not watch everyone.
This trip has been taken for several years here, and there have been no problems. It is not school snactioned. It is organized by parents.
There were waivers signed before the trip, and parents and kids alike knew that the only checking in would be at noon each day. There were not to be any bed checks, and this was known before anyone set foot on a plane. The chaperones are not at fault. THey are good, well liked people in this community, and we WILL continue to protect them, as well as Natalee's friends and parents, from accusers and bashers. I'm just stating that now, because this thread will undoubtedly turn into a bash-session.

bobcats1996
Scared Monkey

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2005, 09:00:12 PM »

amen MBHS, those of us on this end will continue to stand behind you and alana and all the other family friends and chaperones.
GuyWdog
Scared Monkey

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2005, 09:21:59 PM »

ZSounds to me like these "Chaperones" were just Tour Guides. Why didnt the kids just go it alone ? So many unanswered questions, that is why so many have questions. To most of us a Chaperone is a Chaperone. Was the Tour Guide, was she the person that sold this trip to Aruba, did she make all the travel arraingments? Is she a Travel agent ? Were there any parents of kids on the trip ? And while the Younger generation can be defensive as we all went thru that stage in life, you have to realize that in a foriegn land/country there should always be a "Buddy system" and someone should at al times make sure everyone sticks to the Buddy system. I just find it odd that since there was seemingly no control from the Tour Guides, then why were they there in the first place.
 Again no one me included has anything but respect for Natalee and her Parents, but again many of us are confused about the situation and travel arraingments. Why were there adults that accompied the kids when they were'nt "really" chaperones ? Now that just doesnt make sense..

GuyWdog
Bill
Scared Monkey

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2005, 09:25:11 PM »

---
LadyBug
Scared Monkey

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2005, 02:33:12 AM »

Quote from: "Bill"
Quote from: "mbhs05"
This trip was NOT supposed to be chaperoned. The more correct term, as Alana put it, would be "trip advisor". The adults were there to help with passports, the airport, or medical emergencies. They were not there to babysit. They actually did MORE watching than they had been asked to, but obviously with 7 of them and 130 kids, they could not watch everyone.

Sound's like they all basically treated this like a trip to Six Flags or Disneyland.

Exactly my feelings as well.
Why does everyone keep referring to the adults on the trip as 'chaperons' if in fact they did not perform normal chaperon duties?  I seems to me the term 'chaperon' has been used incorrectly to describe the adults on the trip.  

Praying hard for the safe return of Natalee Holloway.

JMO
Mandiann
Scared Monkey

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2005, 02:49:31 PM »

Then why have them along anyway??

Parents had purchased all inclusive.
Give me a break here..

They couldn't take care of their own passports...WHY
For two years bet your life they took care of their own drivers licenses.

The world is sending its best wished to Natalee.

Yet this [derogatory remark removed]group of 7 and 100 other students won't even speak up to help.
Don't ask me to keep my mouth shut about that.
It damn well angers me!!
They may be just the people to help the most!

Mandiann
mbhs05
Scared Monkey

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2005, 06:36:06 PM »

Quote from: "Mandiann"
Then why have them along anyway??

Parents had purchased all inclusive.
Give me a break here..

They couldn't take care of their own passports...WHY
For two years bet your life they took care of their own drivers licenses.

The world is sending its best wished to Natalee.

Yet this [derogatory remark removed]group of 7 and 100 other students won't even speak up to help.
Don't ask me to keep my mouth shut about that.
It damn well angers me!!
They may be just the people to help the most!

For the possible 543548395734982.54375874235743th time...they are trying to NOT engdanger the investigation.
THEY HAVE TOLD THE CORRECT people.
That's all that should happen at this point in the investigation.
Details are not supposed to be released.

Mandiann
Scared Monkey

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2005, 10:37:21 PM »

Oh have they....some things go round the mulberry bush that those kids or chaperons could answer and they won't.

IS THERE A double standard there???

Some don't think the Aruban's are speaking up much either.
Is there a big difference??

Mandiann
mbhs05
Scared Monkey

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2005, 12:05:57 AM »

Quote from: "Mandiann"
Oh have they....some things go round the mulberry bush that those kids or chaperons could answer and they won't.

IS THERE A double standard there???

Some don't think the Aruban's are speaking up much either.
Is there a big difference??

Nope. Nobody should be speaking about any details anyway. THe information we have now is all conjecture or common sense, or very vague fact. That's all we need now...for the good of the investigation.

Bill
Scared Monkey

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2005, 08:11:30 AM »

---
rose orlando
Scared Monkey

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2005, 08:33:28 PM »

I feel I have to respond to this and I know people from MB will be reading it. The chaperones,as they have been called by all the kids interviewed, did not do their job and neither did the parents of the students going on the trip by not setting up definite rules for the trip. The number of chaperones was not adequate for the number of students. This being said, I pray for Natalee and her family. This is a terrible tragedy and I hope many will learn from it.

alafan
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.