April 24, 2024, 03:33:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Former Hollywood child star Shirley Temple dies at 85  (Read 3260 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: February 11, 2014, 06:46:36 AM »

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/02/11/former-hollywood-child-star-shirley-temple-dies-at-85/

Publicist Cheryl Kagan told the Associated Press than Temple, known in her private life as Shirley Temple Black, died surrounded by family at her home in Woodside, Calif., near San Francisco.

Born in 1928 in Santa Monica, Calif., Temple got her start in show business by performing in a series of one-reel feature film spoofs called "Baby Burlesks" for $10 per day.

In 1934, 20th Century Fox signed Temple to a seven-year contract that paid her $150 per week. She went on to star in films like "Stand Up and Cheer!" "Baby Take A Bow," and "Bright Eyes." By the end of the year, Temple's pay had been upped to more than $1,250 per week.

Between 1935 and 1938, Temple was America's top box-office draw, and was credited with saving 20th Century Fox from bankruptcy.
   more at link

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 09:12:29 AM »

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0028988/
Heidi (1937)

A plucky little orphan girl gets dumped abruptly into her gruff, hermit grandfather's care, then later gets retaken and delivered as a companion for an injured girl.

Director: Allan Dwan
Writers: Johanna Spyri (by), Walter Ferris (screenplay), 1 more credit »
Stars: Shirley Temple, Jean Hersholt, Arthur Treacher | See full cast and crew »
More...

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 09:14:16 AM »

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014/feb/11/shirley-temple-black?google_editors_picks=true
Shirley Temple Black obituary
Cherubic child star of the 1930s who returned to public life as a US diplomat

February 11, 2014

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.