April 19, 2024, 04:58:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Carly Scott, 27 Years Old & 5 Months Pregnant Missing Since 2/9/14 in Maui (Remains found)  (Read 18567 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2014, 05:16:07 PM »

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/24790191/full-transcript-maui-pds-press-conference-on-two-missing-women
FULL TRANSCRIPT: Maui PD's press conference on two missing women
February 21, 2014

Maui Police held the first and only news conference to answer questions surrounding the disappearance of two women, Moreira "Mo" Monsalve and Carly "Charli" Scott, on Tuesay, February 18.  Monsalve was last seen on January 12.  Scott was last seen on February 9.  Both women are still missing.

Here is the transcript of the news conference: (read article)

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2014, 05:18:03 PM »

http://mauinow.com/2014/02/25/search-scaled-back-for-missing-charli-scott/
Search Scaled Back for Missing “Charli” Scott
February 25, 2014

The ongoing search for a missing pregnant woman on Maui has been scaled back to focus on the weekends.

Family members of Carly “Charli” Joann Scott released a statement saying the revised schedule is necessary to allow them to return to work.

https://www.facebook.com/FindCharliScott

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2014, 05:19:51 PM »

http://www.mauiweekly.com/page/content.detail/id/532218/Maui-Police-and-Community-Parley-About-Missing-Women.html?nav=13
Maui Police and Community Parley About Missing Women
Kihei Community Association hosts heated discussion about handling of the cases.

February 27, 2014

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2014, 10:36:19 AM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/13/carly-scott-murder_n_4953954.html

Carly Scott Murder: Police Reclassify Missing Hawaii Woman's Case As Homicide
Updated: 03/13/2014 2:59 pm EDT
Print Article

On March 7, MPD released the following statement:

The Missing Persons case involving Carly J. Scott has been re-classified as a "Homicide Investigation" by the Maui Police Department's Criminal Investigation Division. The family has been notified of the change in classification.
As the investigation is active and on-going, no further information will be released at this time.

The 27 year old reportedly went missing the night of Feb. 9, after helping her ex-boyfriend and the father of her unborn baby, Steven Capobianco, pull his car out of an area off the Hana Highway. Her mother filed a missing persons report the following day.

Police have not released any statements revealing which evidence, if any, caused the case's reclassification to a homicide investigation. On Mar. 4, Hawaii News Now reported that tests were being performed on bone and blood samples found at the crime scene, but results have yet to be released.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2014, 03:07:14 PM »

http://www.seattlepi.com/news/crime/article/AP-NewsBreak-Missing-pregnant-woman-s-ex-indicted-5620583.php
AP NewsBreak: Missing pregnant woman's ex indicted
July 14, 2014

HONOLULU (AP) — The ex-boyfriend of a missing pregnant Maui woman has been indicted on a murder charge in the case.

A Maui grand jury indicted Steven Capobianco on a second-degree murder charge in the death of Carly Scott. She disappeared in February and was never found.

A person familiar with the investigation says Capobianco will be served with an arrest warrant Monday at the Maui Community Correctional Center. The person wasn't authorized to talk publicly about the case and spoke on the condition of anonymity.

Capobianco has been jailed on $500,000 bail since last month in an unrelated case.

Family members last saw the 27-year-old Scott at her sister's Haiku home. Her torched sport-utility vehicle later was found on Maui's north shore.

Scott was five months pregnant with Capobianco's child when she vanished.

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2014, 08:40:55 PM »

what about his unborn child, wouldnt that be a murder charge too

A Maui grand jury indicted Steven Capobianco on a second-degree murder charge in the death of Carly Scott.

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2014, 09:39:52 PM »

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/26038596/apnewsbreak-pregnant-womans-jawbone-was-found
APNewsBreak: Pregnant woman's jawbone was found
July 16, 2014

WAILUKU, Hawaii (AP) - The discovery of the jawbone of a missing, pregnant Maui woman helped authorities file a murder charge against her ex-boyfriend, a person familiar with the investigation said Wednesday.

The find marked a turning point in what started as a missing persons case involving Carly Scott, 27, who disappeared in February while five months pregnant.

Police later began investigating her disappearance as a homicide.

Then last week, a grand jury indicted Steven Capobianco, 24, on charges of murder and arson.

The person, who was not authorized to discuss the case, declined to reveal exactly how authorities linked the jawbone to Capobianco, the father of Scott's child.

He is accused of killing Scott and burning her sport utility vehicle to cover up the crime.

The Makawao woman's burned 1997 Toyota 4Runner was found on the island's north shore.

An indictment says Capobianco intentionally or knowingly caused Scott's death "in an especially heinous, atrocious, or cruel manner, manifesting exceptional depravity" during the period from Feb. 9 to Feb. 13.

During that period, he also set fire to Scott's property, the indictment said.

Capobianco has pleaded not guilty. Shelly Miyashiro, the public defender who represented him at his arraignment, didn't immediately return messages seeking comment.

Capobianco has told Hawaii News Now that he had nothing to do with hurting Scott.

The person said when maggot-infested clothes belonging to Scott were found, it became clear she was dead.

Jeff Simon, co-founder of Maui Search and Rescue, the volunteer organization that directed the search, said police found human remains at a site where searchers and Scott's half-sister found a skirt, shirt and bra she identified as belonging to her sister.

"At that point, we stopped and got in touch with the Maui Police Department," Simon said.

Searchers were led to the site because of a tracking system in Scott's phone that pinged her last location. It was in a jungle area between two small bays along Hana Highway, a popular tourist drive along Maui's east coast.

Scott's mother, Kimberlyn Scott, said she was confident that Capobianco killed her daughter but declined to discuss specifics of the case.

She said her next priority is to find her daughter's body. She also wants to push for state legislation to make killing a fetus a crime, and highlight other missing persons cases in Maui and around the country to spur action.

Hawaii law doesn't consider a fetus a person for purposes of homicide charges.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2014, 08:33:05 AM »

mmmmmmmmm, I think it's safe to move this. Klaas can put it back later if it's too soon.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2014, 10:43:36 AM »

what about his unborn child, wouldnt that be a murder charge too

A Maui grand jury indicted Steven Capobianco on a second-degree murder charge in the death of Carly Scott.

sad, but according to the article, Hawaii does not consider the fetus a person for homicide charges.  wow, that really needs to be changed. IMO

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2014, 07:41:17 PM »

Pregnant woman's jawbone helped move on case
4 hr ago| By JENNIFER SINCO KELLEHER of Associated Press
http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/pregnant-womans-jawbone-helped-move-on-case

Kimberlyn Scott said the volunteers searchers were key to finding initial answers and she's confident authorities police have pieced the mystery together properly, even if she's not sure of every piece.

"I'm confident that it is being handled properly and I'm glad that it's moving forward," she said.

Kimberlyn Scott said her next priority is to find her daughter's body. She also wants to push for state legislation to make killing a fetus a crime, and highlight other missing persons cases in Maui and around the country to spur action.

Hawaii law doesn't consider a fetus a person for purposes of homicide charges.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2014, 09:20:34 AM »

I didn't realize Carly "Charli" Scott's half-sister was the one that found her clothing using pings from a cell phone. 

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/07/18/gruesome-finds-suspicious-statements-lead-family-to-believe-pregnant-woman-is/?intcmp=obinsite
Gruesome finds, suspicious statements lead family to believe pregnant woman is dead in Hawaii
July 18, 2014

MAKAWAO, Hawaii –  Four days into searching for her pregnant half-sister, Phaedra Wais trudged through a rugged, wet jungle on Maui to chase a new lead in the disappearance.

Following a locator ping from a cellphone, the 16-year-old found a skirt, shirt and bra stained with blood that belonged to her sister.

The discovery all but ended the family's hopes that 27-year-old Carly "Charli" Scott was still alive. Later, at the same site, police found the missing woman's jawbone, marking the latest twist in the case that led to a murder charge against Scott's ex-boyfriend and the father of her unborn child.

Steven Capobianco is accused of killing Scott and burning her vehicle to cover up the crime. A Maui grand jury indicted him last week on charges of murder and arson, saying he intentionally or knowingly caused Scott's death "in an especially heinous, atrocious, or cruel manner, manifesting exceptional depravity." He has pleaded not guilty.

The finding of the jawbone helped authorities file the murder charge, a person familiar with the investigation said Wednesday. The person, who was not authorized to discuss the case, declined to reveal exactly how authorities linked the jawbone to Capobianco.

Scott's family initially didn't want to believe Capobianco was capable of the killing. Now they are convinced he was.

"She had no inkling — and that hurts," Kimberlyn Scott, the mother of Carly Scott, said about her daughter's feelings about Capobianco. "For me, personally, it took a while and I have only recently come to the conclusion that ... that it was Steven."

Scott went missing on Feb. 9, and her family began their search the next day with help from friends, neighbors and other volunteers who canvassed nearly 120 square miles of beach, brush and roadside. Her scorched vehicle was found on the third day of the search — a day before Phaedra found the clothes.

During the search, family members contacted friends and visited places where Carly might have been. They eventually worked their way around to Capobianco but weren't fond of the idea of asking him for help.

They had never approved of him as her boyfriend, which led Carly Scott to become more withdrawn from relatives. She didn't tell them on the night that she disappeared that she was going to see him, her mother said.

"There was a distance between us because, because of him," Kimberlyn Scott said.

The day the clothes were found, Capobianco told a Hawaii TV reporter by phone that Scott had picked him up and driven him to his broken-down pickup truck on Hana Highway. After he fixed it, Scott was driving with her dog behind Capobianco on a two-lane road, he said, but he lost sight of her and figured she had arrived safely at her destination.
x

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2016, 09:03:39 AM »

http://khon2.com/2016/06/27/maui-man-accused-of-killing-ex-girlfriend-on-trial/

Murder trial begins for Maui man accused of killing pregnant ex-girlfriend

By Brigette Namata and Web Staff
Published: June 27, 2016, 9:37 am  Updated: June 29, 2016, 9:48 am

A murder trial began Monday for a Maui man accused of killing his pregnant ex-girlfriend in 2014.

Steven Capobianco is charged with second-degree murder for the death of Carly Scott, also known as “Charli.” The 27-year-old was five months pregnant with his child when she was reported missing in February 2014.

Her torched SUV was eventually discovered on Maui’s North Shore, but her body was never found.

Rivera called as his first witness Linda Puppolo, who was the manager of the Maui Planned Parenthood back in October 2013 when Scott and Capobianco came into the clinic for an abortion screening.

“I believe she was in love with him and it was very painful for her,” Puppolo said. “She looked very much in pain, emotional pain.”

Scott made an appointment for the procedure for November 2013, but failed to show up.

Puppolo said the clinic called Scott to see if she wanted to reschedule for December 2013, but Scott decided she was keeping the baby.

Ginseng Mileur, his coworker at Mana Foods, said Capobianco asked him “a fairly unusual question” during a conversation they had before Scott went missing.

“He asked me, ‘What would be the best way to get away with a murder?'” Mileur testified. “The only concern he seemed to express was he needed to get out of work and get involved in the search… He specifically said that he thought it would look bad. He was worried. He thought people were watching him and it looked awful that he was stuck at work while the search was going on.”

http://khon2.com/2016/06/28/maui-murder-trial-goes-into-2nd-day-important-witnesses-may-testify/

Unexpected twist brings murder trial to a halt in its second day

By Brigette Namata
Published: June 28, 2016, 8:46 am  Updated: July 8, 2016, 9:03 pm

The murder trial of Steven Capobianco took a turn Tuesday at the Wailuku courthouse in Maui.

Capobianco is accused of killing his pregnant ex-girlfriend, Carly “Charli” Scott. Scott was 27 years old and five months pregnant when she went missing in February 2014.

Sgt. Wendell Loo, who was the primary investigator assigned to the case, and Carly Scott’s mother, were scheduled to testify Tuesday.

Loo was on the stand for less than 15 minutes when the jury broke for a lunch break and did not come back.

Instead, prosecutor Robert Rivera and defense attorney Jon Apo met with Judge Joseph Cardoza for several minutes before halting the trial for a court-ordered voluntariness hearing that took up the rest of the afternoon.

Without the jury present, Apo questioned how Loo conducted the investigation and obtained evidence, which was still classified as a missing person case at the time.

During that interview, Capobianco submitted to a polygraph test. The results were not revealed in court, and may not be admissible.

http://khon2.com/2016/06/29/recording-of-capobiancos-first-interview-played-at-murder-trial/

Suspect describes relationship, last moments with murder victim in recordings played at trial

Published: June 29, 2016, 12:48 pm  Updated: July 8, 2016, 9:03 pm

n the morning, the prosecution played an audio recording of an interview conducted with Capobianco by Sgt. Wendell Loo, the primary investigator assigned to the case, on Feb. 12, 2014.

Detective: Carly was your girlfriend?

Capobianco: She was at one point.

Detective: How long ago was that?

Capobianco: Years ago, but we’ve stayed in touch and remained friends since then and occasionally hooked up still.

Capobianco said in the interview that he learned about Scott’s pregnancy within the past month or so.

Capobianco: I had heard little whispers about it, but I wasn’t sure, because she stopped answering my calls, and she stopped answering my calls because she was afraid of how I was going to react about the baby. Admittedly, I’m not thrilled about having a child. It’s not what I was planning on doing at 24. But I was starting to buckle down and get my [expletive] together and try to take care of some [expletive] so I can take care of my child. What I understand, she’s about five months pregnant, which would be right. Yeah, it was really touch and go because we were both not sure what to do. She was sure she wanted the baby and I wasn’t sure at first, but I saw how happy it made her and it made me happy. So I was, it was growing on me.

Detective: When you found out, did you tell her at any time, ‘Charli, you gotta terminate this. I don’t want to be a dad’? ‘I don’t want,’ you know.

Capobianco: I asked her to consider it, but I didn’t say it had to be. It’s her body and her choice. Like I said, I wasn’t thrilled about having a child and my first reaction was like, ‘Hey, I’m not ready for this.’ But about a week later, again saw how happy she was with it, all it takes to make her happy. I would have been all for it. I am all for it.

Prosecutor Robert Rivera asked Loo if he noticed anything else about his interaction with Capobianco. Loo said he noticed burn marks on Capobianco’s hands.

Capobianco is also being tried for arson charges. Scott’s car was found burned on Maui’s north shore.

After lunch, the jury heard another recording, a second interview on a different day, where Loo read Capobianco his Miranda rights.

Detective: The thing is, I noticed you have injuries on your hands and stuff. What is that from?

Capobianco: Burn from work as a baker. That happens a lot, especially on this one. This one was from working on my truck window. (The) window came down on me.

Capobianco revealed Scott was just a “hookup” when he got her pregnant, and that he had already moved on with a new girlfriend when he found out.

He said, “I had two girlfriends since Charli actually, and Taylor did not end exactly well, but again, I wish no harm on her. She just was cheating on me so I put all her stuff outside and said, ‘Well, you can go move in with him then.’ And then that was actually about a week before I got Charli pregnant because I was very upset with the situation at hand. I was going to Stopwatch to drink that night, got trashed. She was there, started talking, and then I woke up in her house the next day and thought ‘Aw, crap.’ And then I get a call a couple months later like ‘Yeah, Charli’s got your baby.'”

Still, he insisted, he was willing to make it work. He said they had even agreed on a name for the unborn baby, if it was a boy: Alexander Joshua Scott.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 09:05:38 AM by texasmom » Logged

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2016, 09:25:24 AM »

http://khon2.com/2016/07/01/victims-family-members-expected-to-testify-in-maui-murder-trial/

Tears in courtroom as detective breaks down evidence in Maui murder trial

Published: July 1, 2016, 9:42 am  Updated: July 8, 2016, 9:03 pm

The mood in the Maui courtroom Friday afternoon shifted dramatically as photos of what were allegedly the few remains of the victim’s body were shown during the murder trial of Steven Capobianco.

He is accused of killing his ex-girlfriend, Carly “Charli” Scott. She was 27 years old and five months pregnant when she went missing in February 2014.

During Friday’s continuing testimony of the case investigator, Sgt. Wendell Loo detailed the evidence collected in the case.

Scott’s vehicle was found on the night of Feb. 12, 2014, torched at the popular surf spot known as Jaws on Maui’s north shore. Loo said he was suspicious of the cause of the fire and couldn’t determine whether it was intentional or accidental.

A SWAT team was called in to help in the investigation by doing a search for Scott the next morning.

Scott’s family and friends organized their own search teams as well. Loo said one of those search groups found something of interest at Kaumahina State Park.

Police were led to the makai shoulder of the roadway where a stained pair of blue jeans were found and then recovered as evidence. The stain “resembled possible blood,” Loo said.

Drag marks were also discovered near a guardrail off the highway with a steep drop-off cliff.

Investigators also found remains. Photos were shown to the courtroom of what was described as clumps and strands of red hair and pieces of jawbone recovered in vegetation off Hana Highway.

When asked about the strands of hair, Loo said “basically the hair was in clumps… It was a reddish-colored hair… It was the same, approximately the same color as the victim’s hair, Charli.”

Capobianco showed some emotion while the photos were shown, shaking his head and covering his mouth with both hands. Some observers in the gallery were crying.

A bra, a body piercing, and fingernails were also recovered.

The search included looking through the home of Scott. Loo said “I was informed possible evidence was located at that location.”

Capobianco was brought in for questioning a third time, and a clip of that audio recording was played in the afternoon.

In it, Capobianco still maintains his innocence, and even drops a bombshell: he had gotten Scott pregnant before.

Detective: Did she get pregnant before from you?

Capobianco: Mmm, maybe. I think she mentioned it once, but she just got it terminated.

Detective: Did she get that termination here in Maui? Were you with her? Did you take her and drop her off? Kind of support her in that?

Capobianco: I think she actually did it without me knowing at first. I think I found out after the fact.

Detective: Where did she say she did that? It’s pretty traumatic, huh?

Capobianco: Yeah, that’s actually how I found out. I caught her crying in the middle of the night once when I woke up to go to the bathroom. I think she got it done at Planned Parenthood in Honolulu, but I’m not positive.

In the recording, Capobianco also admits to sleeping with one of Scott’s sisters, which he says caused problems in Scott’s family.

http://khon2.com/2016/07/05/victims-family-members-expected-to-testify-in-maui-murder-trial-2/

Portion of redacted recording accidentally plays during Maui murder trial

Published: July 5, 2016, 8:44 am  Updated: July 8, 2016, 9:02 pm

When the trial resumed Tuesday, much of the morning was spent in recess.

The point of contention: a piece of audio recording that was played before the jury late Friday, revealing that Capobianco had slept with one of Scott’s sisters, which caused problems in Scott’s family.

The defense argued that last piece of information was supposed to be redacted from the audio recording, but it played anyway. The prosecutors agreed.

Judge Joseph Cardoza ruled it was a human error, and the trial resumed over an hour later.

In the 15 minutes that the trial resumed before the break, lead case investigator Sgt. Wendell Loo was back on the stand as a third recording played, in which Capobianco broke down the timeline of events that led to Scott’s disappearance.

http://khon2.com/2016/07/13/victims-sister-expected-to-take-the-stand-on-maui-murder-trial-day-10/

Victim’s sisters take the stand on Maui murder trial day 10

Published: July 13, 2016, 9:50 am  Updated: July 13, 2016, 6:12 pm

On Day 10 of the murder trial of Steven Capobianco, two of the victim’s younger sisters took the stand.

Capobianco is accused of killing his ex-girlfriend, Carly “Charli” Scott. She was 27 years old and five months pregnant when she was reported missing in February 2014.

So far, the jury has heard from a Planned Parenthood manager, Capiobanco’s coworker, and a detective in the case.

On Wednesday, the trial took a more personal turn as the jury heard more about who Scott was through her sisters, Fiona and Phaedra Wais.

Fiona spoke in the morning. She had also testified briefly toward the end of Tuesday’s proceedings. Following the lunch break, Phaedra took the stand.

Both women are several years younger than Scott, and described Scott’s relationship with Capobianco.

Fiona and Phaedra often stayed at Scott and Capobianco’s shared home to spend more time with their sister.

Defense: That’s when you testified that you were, I guess, staying on their couch in the living room. Is that accurate?

Fiona: Yes.

Defense: Did you testify that one of your other siblings was also living in that residence, the Kula residence, at that time period as well?

Fiona: Yes.

Defense: And who would that be?

Fiona: It was my younger sibling, Phaedra Wais.

Defense: And how old were you at the time?

Fiona: 16.

Defense: And how old was Phaedra?

Fiona: 13.

They said the former couple slept in different rooms, but Scott would still do anything for Capobianco.

“She was very motherly (toward him),” Phaedra said. “Like she just always wanted to cook for him. She wanted to take care of him. She loved him. She wanted to do everything she could for him.”

Fiona said when Scott announced to the family that she was pregnant with Capobianco’s child, she contacted Capobianco to ask him questions.

She said he replied by saying he thought she took care of it, meaning she had an abortion.

http://khon2.com/2016/07/15/victims-sister-returns-to-witness-stand-as-maui-murder-trial-continues/

Sister describes finding Maui murder victim’s clothes, personal items during search

Published: July 15, 2016, 9:19 am  Updated: July 15, 2016, 5:33 pm

When we last saw her Wednesday, Phaedra Wais said she used a GPS locator to find Scott’s last known location, and looked there during the search for her missing sister.

On Friday, she described what she and friends found near Nua‘ailua Bay, where Scott’s murder may have taken place. She said they came upon a scene that suggested her sister was no longer alive.

Wais told the jury she cried as she discovered, one by one, Scott’s personal items in a remote area off Hana Highway. She described the area as “hard to walk through” with overgrown grass and plenty of trees.

She first noticed a “Twilight” movie DVD on the ground, and recognized it as Scott’s. Then her friends discovered Scott’s blue tank top, and a black skirt that Wais said was the last thing she saw Scott wearing.

Except the skirt had holes in it.

The three reached a river and found a green blanket, also belonging to Scott, caught in a tree and in the water. Wais said the blanket was covered in maggots.

“There was a strong smell, like something had died,” Wais said.

“While you folks were finding these items that you just described, at any time if at all, did you try to ping your own phone?” the attorney asked.

“Yes, I did,” Wais replied. “As Max was going up the river, I had stepped into the river again and Molly told me to stop because I was crying, so I decided the most helpful thing I could do was go onto the ping and screenshot my own location.”

The three found more evidence: a grey hooded jacket, black pants that Wais did not recognize, and two empty rolls of tape discarded between rocks.

Wais said they gathered the evidence to present to police.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 09:27:16 AM by texasmom » Logged

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.