March 28, 2024, 11:00:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 'Waltons' actor Ralph Waite dies at age 85  (Read 3622 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: February 14, 2014, 03:29:57 AM »

Thu February 13, 2014
Veteran character actor Ralph Waite -- who many knew best from his time on "The Waltons," though he also had regular roles in more recent series like "Bones" and "NCIS" -- has died.

He was 85.

Waite died on Thursday afternoon at his Palm Desert, California, home, according to Steve Gordon, his family accountant. Jane Mead, a representative of the Spirit of the Desert Presbyterian Fellowship that Waite attended regularly, confirmed his death.

According to IMDB.com, Waite was already a Hollywood veteran with parts in movies like "Cool Hand Luke" and "Five Easy Pieces," plus TV series such as "Bonanza" when he landed the role of John Walton Sr.

"The Waltons" struck a chord with many viewers during its run from 1972 to 1981, with Waite being a constant on that show as well as in several TV movies to follow.

Waite was twice nominated for an Emmy, first in 1977 for supporting actor in a comedy or drama series for "Roots" and the next year as lead actor in a drama for his Waltons' role.

Waite also tried his hand at politics, running unsuccessfully as a Democrat for a U.S. representative seat that includes Palm Springs -- narrowly losing in 1990 and again in 1998 to Mary Bono, the widow of former congressman and "Sonny and Cher" star Sonny Bono.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/13/showbiz/actor-ralph-waite-dies/

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 10:54:43 AM »

Goodnight Daddy! 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qo0k0PRRP3c
A Walton's Good Night.

Rest in peace, Ralph.  an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2015, 09:39:33 AM »

I'm a big NCIS watcher -- so enjoyed seeing him play Gibb's father.

Of course, I was a big Walton's fan too.

Just thinking of him today -- a good man.

an angelic monkey

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2015, 05:43:59 PM »

Good night, Daddy (Ralph).   an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.