March 28, 2024, 04:32:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hailey M. Owens 10 yr. old abducted 2/18/14 in Springfield Mo. AMBER ALERT (BODY FOUND)  (Read 84584 times)
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« on: February 18, 2014, 11:17:41 PM »

http://www.ozarksfirst.com/story/d/story/updated-info-amber-alert-issued-for-10-year-old-ha/32179/uPxmTKgUq0C-6Of5dSez9g

Date: 2/18/2014 16:48
This is an Amber Alert, the Springfield Missouri Police Department has issued an Amber Alert that occured at 3247 west Lombard at 4:48 pm on 02/18/14. Abducted was Hailey Owens a white female 10 years old.
 The suspect vehicle is a gold 2008 Ford Ranger Missouri registration 1YF454. The vehicle was last seen southbound on Scenic from Grand in Springfield, Missouri. The suspect is a white male, no further description is available.
 The victim, Hailey M. Owens is a white female 10 years old, 5 foot 2 inches tall, weighing 90 pounds with long brown hair, brown eyes and pierced ears. Owens was last seen wearing blue jean shorts and purple sandals.. .
Please Contact Springfield Police Department at 417-864-1810
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 11:20:39 PM »

http://www.ozarksfirst.com/story/d/story/updated-info-amber-alert-issued-for-10-year-old-ha/32179/uPxmTKgUq0C-6Of5dSez9g

2/18/14

UPDATE:

More information has been released about the suspect wanted in connection to the abduction of Hailey Owens.

The suspect is described as a 45-year-old male, with gray hair and an unshaven face.

The suspect vehicle may have a second Missouri registration of 1YS454, along with 1YF454.

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. – The Springfield Police Department is looking for a suspect in connection with a child abduction.

According to Springfield Police Department spokeswoman Lisa Cox, police were dispatched to a child abduction call around 4:50 p.m. on W. Lombard.

Ten-year-old Hailey Owens was approached by an unknown person and pulled into his vehicle.

Police say Hailey was walking near her home when a white male - possibly in a gold ford ranger pickup- grabbed her and took her.
They say they do believe this is a random act and, as far as they know, Hailey is not familiar with this man.

Police say they'll continue searching into the night.

"We are very concerned about this and are taking it as legitimate abduction is the way we are working it," says Lt. Robert Pitts with the Springfield Police Department. "We have no reason to believe it has anything to do with any other crime in the area from what we are understanding this is a random act."

The suspect is a white male and may be driving in gold 2008 Ford Ranger with a license plate number of 1YF454 or 1YS454.

The vehicle may be en route to an address in Ash Grove, Mo.

Hailey is described as skinny with sandy-blonde hair and wearing jean shorts and purple sandals.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 11:32:10 PM »

Hailey Owens

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 11:37:59 PM »

http://www.missourinet.com/2014/02/18/amber-alert-hailey-owens-age-10-springfield-photo/

UPDATE: Suspect description in Amber Alert for Hailey Owens, Springfield
February 18, 2014 By Jessica Machetta

hailey 2Suspect description:

Age now: 45
    Sex: Male
    Hair: Gray
    Weight: White
    Description: Unshaven face.

The Springfield Missouri Police Department has issued an Amber Alert for a girl who went missing at 3247 West Lombard at 4:48 p.m.

Abducted was 10 year old Hailey Owens.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 11:38:19 PM »

http://wnow.worldnow.com/story/24759107/amber-alert

AMBER ALERT: Missouri Girl Abducted, Suspect Believed To Be En Route For OK
Posted: Feb 18, 2014 9:16 PM CST Updated: Feb 18, 2014 10:27 PM CST
By Ashton Ghaemi, News9.com - email

SPRINGFIELD, Missouri -

The Missouri Highway Patrol (MHP) issued an amber alert Tuesday night following an abduction in Springfield, Missouri.

According to MHP, 10-year-old Hailey M. Owens was abducted around 4:48 p.m. Tuesday afternoon in Springfield, Missouri.

Owens was last seen wearing blue jean shorts and purple sandals. She is 5'2", 90 pounds, has brown hair, brown eyes and pierced ears.

The suspect is a white male, age 45 to 55, 6'1", 200 pounds and has grey hair. He is believed to be driving a gold, 2008 Ford Ranger Pickup with Missouri tag number 1YF454.

The suspect is believe to be en route to Oklahoma.

If any contact is made or you have any information, call 911 immediately.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 11:40:02 PM »

Thankyou Texasmom for posting the pics, my photobucket has been giving me fits of late.   

They seem to be gathering info on this perp, hoping they have good leads and catch him quickly and Hailey is found safe and un-harmed, beautiful little girl.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2014, 11:42:45 PM »

(I don't believe this is the actual suspect vehicle, but is what it might look like)

http://www.molottery.com/media/news_release.jsp?articleId=5751

SUSPECT VEHICLE
Year:  2008
Make:  Ford
Model:  Ranger
Color: Gold
License Plate:  Missouri, 1YF454 or 1YS454

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2014, 11:46:57 PM »

I pray they find her quickly.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2014, 11:50:21 PM »

Thankyou Texasmom for posting the pics, my photobucket has been giving me fits of late.   

They seem to be gathering info on this perp, hoping they have good leads and catch him quickly and Hailey is found safe and un-harmed, beautiful little girl.

Your welcome, BabsKats!

Hope they find this precious little girl safe and soon!

I understand about photobucket, it's more trouble than it's worth sometimes.

I just linked the pictures here from the article page.

If you don't know how, hopefully this will help for future reference.

(Right click on the picture, select "copy image location", paste it here, highlight the link, and click on the "insert image" icon above...it's right below the "i" for italics.  Preview to make sure it works before you post...some don't but most will from my experience.)

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2014, 12:02:24 AM »

http://www.kctv5.com/story/24758656/amber-alert-issued-for-10-year-old-girl-out-of-springfield

AMBER ALERT: Stranger abducts 10-year-old Springfield girl
Posted: Feb 18, 2014 7:31 PM CST Updated: Feb 18, 2014 9:34 PM CST
By Laura McCallister, Multimedia Producer - email
By DeAnn Smith, Digital Content Manager - email

Police said Hailey M. Owens was abducted in the area of Lombard Street and Laurel Avenue about 4:48 p.m. while walking to a friend's home. A man about 45 years old apparently abducted her. The two may be traveling in a 2008 gold Ford Ranger pickup with Missouri license plate 1YF454 or IYS454.

Witnesses reportedly chased the vehicle and the child's mother says the man who grabbed her is a stranger to the family.

Hailey is about 5'2" tall and weighs about 90 pounds. She has long brown hair, brown eyes and pierced ears. She was last seen wearing blue jean shorts and purple sandals.

Authorities have released an updated description of the man. He is described as between 45 and 55 years old with gray hair. His face was unshaven. He is roughly 6'1" tall and 200 pounds.

The Amber Alert was extended just before 9:30 p.m. Tuesday to include Kansas and Oklahoma. Missouri authorities have alerted Oklahoma troopers that the man may be traveling to that state.

At least one witness described the abduction to authorities. The man and his wife were in their garage enjoying the evening when the horror of the man luring the girl close to his vehicle and then snatching her unfolded.

The man ran after the truck unsuccessfully while his wife focused on remembering the license plate number and calling 911.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2014, 12:13:08 AM »

I pray they find her quickly.

Praying for Hailey here too! 

Still no name or picture of the suspect that I can find.

If the tag is right, hopefully they will get that information out soon!

BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2014, 01:11:46 AM »

I was hoping that when they came up with a description and possible locale that they knew who he was, kind of hard to tell though...........

Wow, again thanks Texasmom for picture posting info, love learning new things ...just getting so old its remembering for the next time........wrote your wonderful instructions down!
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2014, 01:27:03 AM »

Oh, no.  Where is Hailey?

http://www.ozarksfirst.com/story/d/story/update-suspect-vehicle-suspect-located-in-springfi/32179/uPxmTKgUq0C-6Of5dSez9g

UPDATE: Suspect Vehicle, Suspect Located in Springfield; Hailey Still Missing
02/18/2014 06:17 PM
02/19/2014 12:15 AM

UPDATE: SPRINGFIELD, Mo. – The Springfield Police Department has located the suspect vehicle and suspect wanted in connection with the abduction of 10-year-old Hailey Owens.

According to a post on the Springfield Police Facebook page, the vehicle and suspect were located at a residence in south Springfield, however Hailey Owens remains missing.

The suspect has been booked on kidnapping charges.

A command post has been set up at National and Bennett in Springfield with 30-40 officers searching for the girl. 

According to the post, police will continue to search throughout the night, or until Hailey is found.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2014, 01:34:38 AM »

Oh, no.  Where is Hailey?

http://www.ozarksfirst.com/story/d/story/update-suspect-vehicle-suspect-located-in-springfi/32179/uPxmTKgUq0C-6Of5dSez9g

UPDATE: Suspect Vehicle, Suspect Located in Springfield; Hailey Still Missing
02/18/2014 06:17 PM
02/19/2014 12:15 AM

UPDATE: SPRINGFIELD, Mo. – The Springfield Police Department has located the suspect vehicle and suspect wanted in connection with the abduction of 10-year-old Hailey Owens.

According to a post on the Springfield Police Facebook page, the vehicle and suspect were located at a residence in south Springfield, however Hailey Owens remains missing.

The suspect has been booked on kidnapping charges.

A command post has been set up at National and Bennett in Springfield with 30-40 officers searching for the girl. 

According to the post, police will continue to search throughout the night, or until Hailey is found.

This doesn't sound good imo.   

Praying!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2014, 01:35:26 AM »

I was hoping that when they came up with a description and possible locale that they knew who he was, kind of hard to tell though...........

Wow, again thanks Texasmom for picture posting info, love learning new things ...just getting so old its remembering for the next time........wrote your wonderful instructions down!

You're welcome BabsKats, glad I could help!   

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2014, 01:37:27 AM »

http://newsok.com/update-amber-alert-suspect-and-vehicle-located-in-springfield-mo-abducted-girl-remains-missing/article/3935007

UPDATE: Amber Alert suspect and vehicle located in Springfield, Mo; abducted girl remains missing
FROM STAFF REPORTS •  Modified: February 19, 2014 at 12:26 am •  Published: February 18, 2014

A command post has been set up and 30-40 officers have begun an extensive search that will continue throughout the night, or until she is found.

If she still remains missing in the morning, SPD will host a news briefing at 6:30 a.m. in the Springfield Art Museum parking lot, 1111 E. Brookside Dr.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2014, 01:58:23 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/SGFPolice

SGF Police - Springfield, MO
21 minutes ago

Thank you to all who have reached out, wanting to help in some way in the search for Hailey Owens. Coordinated volunteer search efforts are a possibility tomorrow. We will provide a press briefing at 6:30 am if she is not found before then. Follow SPD and City of Springfield social media for updates.

https://twitter.com/SGFPolice

Springfield PD ‏@SGFPolice  · 1h 

Suspect and vehicle located in South Springfield;
 abducted girl remains missing

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2014, 02:08:50 AM »

I pray they find her tonight. Then they take this POS and hang him in the town square. That or let the family and friends have at him.  They aren't saying who he is or if he has any prior records. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2014, 05:32:54 AM »

AMBER ALERT Issued in MO, OK, KS for Missing 10 Year Old Hailey Owens Kidnapped 2/18/14 in Springfield, Missouri (Update: Suspect in Custody)

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2014/02/19/ambert-alert-issued-in-mo-ok-ks-for-missing-10-year-old-hailey-owens-kidnapped-21814-in-springfield-missouri/

What kind of a brazen monster abducts a child in broad daylight in a residential area like this? I would most likely say this was not the first time this guy has done this.

Pray she is found safe.

If she still remains missing in the Wednesday morning, the Springfield Police Department will host a news briefing at 6:30 A.M.

Live: Police to hold news conference (6:30 a.m.)

http://www.kmbc.com/news/watch-kmbc-9-news-live-right-now/24440840

« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 07:15:15 AM by Red » Logged
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2014, 05:39:36 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/SGFPolice

SGF Police - Springfield, MO
21 minutes ago

Thank you to all who have reached out, wanting to help in some way in the search for Hailey Owens. Coordinated volunteer search efforts are a possibility tomorrow. We will provide a press briefing at 6:30 am if she is not found before then. Follow SPD and City of Springfield social media for updates.

https://twitter.com/SGFPolice

Springfield PD ‏@SGFPolice  · 1h 

Suspect and vehicle located in South Springfield;
 abducted girl remains missing

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.