March 19, 2024, 04:24:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN # 14 - 6/20/05  (Read 355719 times)
DAG
Scared Monkey

« Reply #120 on: June 20, 2005, 07:36:50 PM »

Quote from: "KerinTX"
Quote from: "DAG"
Hello all,  I am back......had to go fo my daily walk.

rushing through all the posts I missed I guess we have not heard anything new!!??!!

Also, to answer a question from thread #13....no I am not a male, I'm a little ol' girl from south Alabama (Troy).  And trust me, I am old than I just sounded.  DAG are my initials!

Very Happy

ahh OK.  Smile
I am a Troy grad

I'm from Troy and also a Trojan Grad......Hello fellow "Trojan"!!
xcptnl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #121 on: June 20, 2005, 07:37:36 PM »

I agree Arubagirl.  I have no issues with the report but the reporters all act shocked.  And not one of those things are not in any state in the US - I guess that was my point.  It just feels like they should be more careful - glass houses and all that.  But they are reporters...so what do I know???
RB
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #122 on: June 20, 2005, 07:38:15 PM »

Quote from: "xcptnl"
I have no issue with showing the those parts of the islands but they act like it's a shock.  When will some of the reporters understand that every place in the world has the same problems and not act  HORRIFIED that Aruba does too.  Ok...that is my two cents....back to reading.

Not necessarily shocked, but it is disconcerting to some who haven't travelled as much as perhaps some of us here, and given all the tourism marketing that says Aruba is the safest place to vacation. I imagine some folks envision that with an expectation that might be slightly out of whack.  I think it was a Wall Street Journal article some years back that stated research saying the at least half of the American public has a tendency to respond to marketing and advertising "literally" rather than from a true sense of reality.  They also said in the same article that research has proved ads and newspaper articles on average are written at a 10th grade reading level Smile  Makes us feel REAL smart, doesn't it Smile
CaliGirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #123 on: June 20, 2005, 07:38:17 PM »

Quote from: "Ting"
Please people she is a little girl. No one respond to her blog.

Maybe the original poster could ask the mods to edit or delete the post?

In fact, it might be a good idea to pm each other links to blogs of minors for those who are doing the "friend tree" thing.

These are minor children, and this message board is publicly viewable, and not everybody who sees the links might have the same respect as you would wish people to have for your own child.

Yeah Ting true but they are viewable on the web, linked on websites and publicly available.

Therefore, I found nothing wrong with it.
Another K in Texas
Scared Monkey

« Reply #124 on: June 20, 2005, 07:39:02 PM »

I only said that because we had some really mean people on earlier today.
CaliGirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #125 on: June 20, 2005, 07:39:42 PM »

Quote from: "KerinTX"

In fact, it might be a good idea to pm each other links to blogs of minors for those who are doing the "friend tree" thing.

These are minor children, and this message board is publicly viewable, and not everybody who sees the links might have the same respect as you would wish people to have for your own child.

Cali, can you delete and I will delete my reply?

Yes Kerin. I will.
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #126 on: June 20, 2005, 07:40:32 PM »

Quote from: "CaliGirl"

Yeah Ting true but they are viewable on the web, linked on websites and publicly available.

Therefore, I found nothing wrong with it.

I am not sure it is our job here to police ourselves about linking to freely available content on the web.
Y'alls Psychic Detective
Scared Monkey

« Reply #127 on: June 20, 2005, 07:41:49 PM »

Quote from: "xcptnl"
Did anyone see Current Affair tonight??  I know I know...I just happened to catch it at 6 EST - they did a 1/2 hour show about Aruba - not very flattering - made it seem like NYC.  They talked about crack houses, legal prostitution, etc etc.  and the haves vs the have nots.   I have no issue with showing the those parts of the islands but they act like it's a shock.  When will some of the reporters understand that every place in the world has the same problems and not act  HORRIFIED that Aruba does too.  Ok...that is my two cents....back to reading.

I think you have an incorrect perception of New York City.  They have the lowest crime rate of any major city in America (and incidently, Aruba's crime rate is 91% higher than NYC, but far lower than DC or Miami).
klaasend
Scared Monkey

« Reply #128 on: June 20, 2005, 07:42:05 PM »

http://www.click2houston.com/news/4629811/detail.html

HOUSTON -- A group of local volunteers will join the search for a missing Alabama teen in Aruba, Local 2 reported Sunday.

Missing Teen's Uncle Asks Group To Search Aruba  

Paul Reynolds, Natalee Holloway's uncle who lives in Bacliff, has asked Texas Equusearch to help look for his niece, who has been missing for three weeks.

Texas Equusearch hopes to leave for the Caribbean Tuesday, but organizers said it depends on funding.

The volunteer search and rescue group plans to use sonar equipment and cadaver dogs to find the 18-year-old.

The group's founder, Tim Miller, said he is not optimistic about finding the teen alive.
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #129 on: June 20, 2005, 07:42:07 PM »

all gone...no harm done

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
RB
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #130 on: June 20, 2005, 07:42:53 PM »

Quote from: "Another K in Texas"
I only said that because we had some really mean people on earlier today.

Define "mean". Smile  I think you folks have an impression of "trolls" that perhaps isn't warranted in some cases - just because someone doesn't agree with a view doesn't make them a "troll" or "mean".  It just makes them interesting.
CaliGirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #131 on: June 20, 2005, 07:43:19 PM »

Well, to stop the arguement, I took it off.

Rob needs to edit his quote on the matter as it is the only link left.
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #132 on: June 20, 2005, 07:43:21 PM »

(and incidently, Aruba's crime rate is 91% higher than NYC, but far lower than DC or Miami).

Aruba's advertised from their gov't crime rate overall is 3%?

With 1 homicide a year.

How is that higher than NYC?
Ting
Scared Monkey

« Reply #133 on: June 20, 2005, 07:44:44 PM »

Caligirl, I know, but this particular site I think gets quite a lot more traffic than most right now and while most people on here, even lurkers, are nice, we have also seen some that were not so nice, and those were just the ones who registered.

We cannot prevent misguided people from posting nasty things to the blogs of Aruba children, but whether they get those links here all located and formatted for them is something each of us can control.
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #134 on: June 20, 2005, 07:45:42 PM »

Caligirl, I know, but this particular site I think gets quite a lot more traffic than most right now and while most people on here, even lurkers, are nice, we have also seen some that were not so nice, and those were just the ones who registered.

We cannot prevent misguided people from posting nasty things to the blogs of Aruba children, but whether they get those links here all located and formatted for them is something each of us can control.

IMO this is a bad precedent to set here.
pickettvilleguy
Scared Monkey

« Reply #135 on: June 20, 2005, 07:46:02 PM »

U MESS WITH NATALEE  you MESS WITH WITH ME.  That’s the way it will be.......
NEED I SAY MORE?
When it's done I WILL BE THERE!!!
Another K in Texas
Scared Monkey

« Reply #136 on: June 20, 2005, 07:46:19 PM »

This one is a seventh grader--that is really young and none of us would want one of the hateful trolls that drop in to start posting ugly things on a child's website.

If they find it on their own, that is their problem.
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #137 on: June 20, 2005, 07:46:49 PM »

Quote from: "CaliGirl"
Well, to stop the arguement, I took it off.

Rob needs to edit his quote on the matter as it is the only link left.

so there is no point to try to find out
          wtf u all think is so funny???

can i get a p/m dushi????

peace to all
CaliGirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #138 on: June 20, 2005, 07:46:50 PM »

No Ting. You are correct in that. I can not control the evilness of epople and I am sure Valentijn received enough nasty mail himself.

I forgot there are not nice people always in here.
CancunMole
Scared Monkey

« Reply #139 on: June 20, 2005, 07:47:04 PM »

CaliGirl: I have found it:

mustiquemama
ocation: Louisiana

Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject:    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deepak's boss said that VDS and the brothers were friends, per the CNN transcript on pg. 32:

Quote:
PENHAUL: He's internet-savvy and visited his friend and suspect Deepak Kalpoe at a Cyberzone cafe where Deepak worked.

ANGELINA REPPAS, CYBERZONE CAFE BOSS: He's a good friend of Deepak's. He comes on the internet after school sometimes.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.