March 19, 2024, 01:54:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN # 14 - 6/20/05  (Read 355695 times)
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #140 on: June 20, 2005, 07:47:11 PM »

Quote from: "Another K in Texas"
This one is a seventh grader--that is really young and none of us would want one of the hateful trolls that drop in to start posting ugly things on a child's website.

If they find it on their own, that is their problem.

Maybe her parents should raise her and not the scared monkeys forum.
sarah
Scared Monkey

« Reply #141 on: June 20, 2005, 07:47:36 PM »

Did anyone see the news report a couple of days ago about bloodhounds?  I believe they pick up the scent of a person using a shoe or some article of clothing as a lead.  I know cadaver dogs have been used, how about bloodhounds?  Anyone know if they would be uselful?
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #142 on: June 20, 2005, 07:47:52 PM »

Quote from: "esther"
Hmmm... the guy who they found beheaded on a cementary is Dutch.. This is very weird,what is happening on Aruba..I am leaving wednesday to Aruba but to be honest I have a stomache!

<--is going on saturday.. i need a tums....

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
arubagirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #143 on: June 20, 2005, 07:48:19 PM »

RB, you're very right.

A few years ago some tourists I talked to were shocked that we had a jail here.

Reading, internet, genealogy.
---
Scared Monkey

« Reply #144 on: June 20, 2005, 07:49:00 PM »

hey guys
RB
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #145 on: June 20, 2005, 07:49:10 PM »

Arubagirl, that's probably the very first time today. Smile  Thanks.
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #146 on: June 20, 2005, 07:49:13 PM »

I found that the previously translated posted article came out of the Amigoe newspaper in Curacao.  

For the record, here it is again in Dutch and English

Aanhouding vierde verdachte verlengd
20 Jun, 2005, 17:04 (GMT -04:00)

Email dit artikel
Print dit artikel
ORANJESTAD — Drie weken na de verdwijning van de Amerikaanse scholiere Natalee Holloway ontbreekt van het meisje nog elk spoor. Wel heeft het Openbaar Ministerie inmiddels vier verdachten achter de tralies en worden continu getuigen gehoord en tips nagetrokken. De 26-jarige dj Steve Gregory Croes werd vanmorgen voorgeleid voor de rechter-commissaris. Zijn aanhouding is verlengd.

Paul van der Sloot, de vader van de 17-jarige verdachte Joran van der Sloot, werd zaterdagavond langdurig als getuige verhoord. De drie andere jonge verdachten in de Holloway-zaak zijn inmiddels overgebracht naar het huis van bewaring (KIA). De 19-jarige Satish Kalpoe werd al vrijdagavond overgebracht naar het KIA. Zijn oudere broer Deepak en Joran van de Sloot zijn vandaag overgebracht.
Van het KIA is bekend dat verdachten daar contact met elkaar kunnen hebben en zo hun verhaal op elkaar kunnen afstemmen. Volgens Papito Comenencia, woordvoerder van de politie, zal dit ook bij de Holloway-zaak gebeuren. Comenencia: “Ze gaan in KIA zeker met elkaar praten, daar krijgen we wel problemen mee.” Volgens Mariaine Croes, woordvoerder van het Openbaar Ministerie, hoeft de in bewaringstelling in KIA echter geen problemen op te leveren. Croes: “De minderjarige komt op de speciale afdeling voor minderjarigen, en ook de andere twee kunnen wel uit elkaar worden gehouden als dat moet.”
Freddie Maduro, directeur van het KIA, verklaarde desgevraagd dat alledrie de verdachten zullen worden opgesloten op de afdeling voor jeugdigen. Daarbij zullen ze zo worden geplaatst dat ze geen contact met elkaar kunnen hebben.
De 26-jarige Steve Croes werd vandaag voorgeleid aan de rechter-commissaris. Deze toetst of zijn aanhouding met acht dagen verlengd kan worden. Croes werd afgelopen vrijdag opgepakt bij zijn huis in Casariba, in Santa Cruz. Hij wordt verdacht van dezelfde zaken als de drie jongens: mede-pleging van moord, of mede-pleging van doodslag of opzettelijke vrijheidsberoving. Croes is dj bij feestboot de Tattoo.
Volgens Comenencia is Paul van der Sloot afgelopen weekeinde in totaal twee keer als getuige gehoord. Comenencia: “We horen de hele tijd getuigen, de hele tijd al. Dat iemand een getuige is betekent verder niet dat hij of zij ook verdacht wordt.”

Clevefan: Where did you get this?

Bendex: What is doodslag?

Aruba
Aanhouding vierde verdachte verlengd
20 Jun, 2005, 17:04 (GMT -04:00)

ORANJESTAD — Three weeks after the american student Natalee Holloway disappeared there is not a trace of her. The public Ministry has arrested four and is continuously questioning witnesses and following up tips. This morning Steve Croes was before the Judge Commissioner and his detention was extended.

Paul van der Sloot, the father of 17 year old suspect Joran van der Sloot, was heard for a long time Saturday as a witness. The three other young suspects in the Holloway-case are meanwhile transferred to the holding house (KIA). The 19 year old Satish Kalpoe was moved Friday night to KIA. His older brother Deepak and Joran van de Sloot were transferred today.

It is known of the KIA that suspects can have contact with eachother and fine tune their stories with eachother. According to Papito Comenencia, police spokesman that will also happen in the Holloway-zaak. Comenencia: “They will surely talk to eachother in KIA, and we have a problem with that." According to Mariaine Croes, spokesperson for the Public Ministry, the holding of the suspects at KIA does not have to be a problem. Croes: “The minor will be in a special area for minors and the other two can be separated if that is necessary. Freddie Maduro, KIA director, said that all three will go in the minors section and will be placed so they have no contact with eachother.

26 year old Steve Croes was arraigned today before the judge commissioner who extended his detention for 8 days. Croes was picked up at his house in Casariba, in Santa Cruz. He is suspected of the same matters as the three young people, accessory to murder, accessory to manlaughter (doodslag) or intentional kidnapping (opzettelijke vrijheidsberoving). Croes is DJ on the partyboat de Tattoo.

According to Comenencia Paul van der Sloot was heard as a witness a total of three times. Comenencia: “We hear witnesses all the time, the whole time now. That someone is heard as a witness does not mean that they are a suspect."

« Reply #147 on: June 20, 2005, 07:49:20 PM »

Quote from: "sarah"
Did anyone see the news report a couple of days ago about bloodhounds?  I believe they pick up the scent of a person using a shoe or some article of clothing as a lead.  I know cadaver dogs have been used, how about bloodhounds?  Anyone know if they would be uselful?

I never saw bloodhounds but I did see some k-9's
arubagirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #148 on: June 20, 2005, 07:49:24 PM »

Hey Dash.

Another K in Texas
Scared Monkey

« Reply #149 on: June 20, 2005, 07:49:29 PM »

Hi dash.  How are you?
Y'alls Psychic Detective
Scared Monkey

« Reply #150 on: June 20, 2005, 07:49:45 PM »

Quote from: "absolut"
(and incidently, Aruba's crime rate is 91% higher than NYC, but far lower than DC or Miami).

Aruba's advertised from their gov't crime rate overall is 3%?

With 1 homicide a year.

How is that higher than NYC?

Aruba, with a population of 71,566, had 4236 crimes in 2003

Sources: http://tinyurl.com/7hov5
http://newyork.areaconnect.com/crime1.htm
http://tinyurl.com/cbmg
dragonfly
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #151 on: June 20, 2005, 07:49:45 PM »

Quote from: "---"
hey guys

Hey Dash!!!!  How are you?!!!!!!
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #152 on: June 20, 2005, 07:50:18 PM »

Quote from: "RB"
Quote from: "Another K in Texas"
I only said that because we had some really mean people on earlier today.

Define "mean". Smile  I think you folks have an impression of "trolls" that perhaps isn't warranted in some cases - just because someone doesn't agree with a view doesn't make them a "troll" or "mean".  It just makes them interesting.

I think it was RPG who posted something on the troll page I found interesting. They said that people get mad because they come in the room and make a comment and that no one will respond to them and so they get mad and go OFF and are then classified as trolls. He went on to say that all the room regs (my words, not his) will only reply to the other "regs" posts.
My response to this is...
Of course I would respond to posts that I was already involved in first...that's the only way I can possibly keep up in this fast moving forum. I do try to speak to people coming in with questions as other people do as well. But when things are really moving and we have lots of news or hot points of discussion and a new poster comes in, it is impossible to stop and post the latest news updates for everyone entering. This is a forum for everyone to come in and post their views and opinions, of course...but I do think Tom and Red put another topic out there with news updates so that everyone (me and the newest newbie on the firum) can get updated and THEN come in the forum and jump right into the conversation at hand!
:::sitting back down now::::

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
---
Scared Monkey

« Reply #153 on: June 20, 2005, 07:50:19 PM »

I'm good, how are yall?
Y'alls Psychic Detective
Scared Monkey

« Reply #154 on: June 20, 2005, 07:50:43 PM »

Hey Dash!  How ya doin' today?
klaasend
Scared Monkey

« Reply #155 on: June 20, 2005, 07:50:43 PM »

Hi Dash!!  Very Happy
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #156 on: June 20, 2005, 07:50:46 PM »

Quote from: "Y'alls Psychic Detective"
(and incidently, Aruba's crime rate is 91% higher than NYC, but far lower than DC or Miami).

Aruba's advertised from their gov't crime rate overall is 3%?

With 1 homicide a year.

How is that higher than NYC?

Aruba, with a population of 71,566, had 4236 crimes in 2003

Sources: http://tinyurl.com/7hov5
http://newyork.areaconnect.com/crime1.htm
http://tinyurl.com/cbmg

UM K? how is that higher?
CaliGirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #157 on: June 20, 2005, 07:50:57 PM »

Quote from: "CancunMole"
CaliGirl: I have found it:

mustiquemama
ocation: Louisiana

Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject:    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deepak's boss said that VDS and the brothers were friends, per the CNN transcript on pg. 32:

Quote:
PENHAUL: He's internet-savvy and visited his friend and suspect Deepak Kalpoe at a Cyberzone cafe where Deepak worked.

ANGELINA REPPAS, CYBERZONE CAFE BOSS: He's a good friend of Deepak's. He comes on the internet after school sometimes.

:::THUD:::

Cancun!!!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

Hmm I got the spelling right..why can't I find nothing? lol
arubagirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #158 on: June 20, 2005, 07:50:58 PM »

11 crimes a DAY? Uhm, no. Just...no.

sarah
Scared Monkey

« Reply #159 on: June 20, 2005, 07:51:48 PM »

Quote from: "sarah"

I never saw bloodhounds but I did see some k-9's

These people made a point that bloodhounds and k-9's were different.  Bloodhounds have a much more sensitive nose.  I guess different dogs are trained for different things.  I believe they are trained to find a trail, not a person who has deceased.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.