March 18, 2024, 11:06:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN # 14 - 6/20/05  (Read 355661 times)
DAG
Scared Monkey

« Reply #180 on: June 20, 2005, 07:56:49 PM »

Quote from: "Professor"
There has been a lot of talk, recently on this bulletin board about "keeping an open mind." While that seems entirely appropriate for the jury room, if we were empanelled with the responsibility of determining guilt or innocence in a court of law, it is hardly an appropriate code of living.

Innocent until proven guilty sounds really nice, until you start applying it to the stranger who tries to lure children away from the playground with promises of candy. Prince until proven a pervert. Gentleman until proven a predator, is how it usually translates in real life. And, if poor Natalee had one flaw, it was that she worked so hard to keep "an open mind" about smiling strangers. Perhaps, if she didn't work so hard at keeping an open mind, we wouldn't all be looking for her, right now.

Well said!!
CaliGirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #181 on: June 20, 2005, 07:56:55 PM »

link to valentijn taken down...

I wasn't going to publish the link to her blog, but since you did...

Natalie, Valentijn's girlfriend (from Kentucky), seems like such a sweet girl, and Valentijn sounds like a really great guy. If you read her blog, she mentions Joran a few times. Joran was dating her best friend, another girl in the 7th grade of Indian descent. The girl's mother found out about the relationship and made her stay home from school one day. When she came back to school, she was so upset she ran to the bathroom. Natalie mentions that everyone told her she should break it off with Joran, and Natalie agreed with them. At one point she mentions their relationship and says it's a long story that she will write about later, but she never does.

There is also another separate MSN website for Natalie and Valentijn, created by Valentijn, with over 200 pix, including many of Joran. They really seem like normal kids, great family, etc.

As I thought the samething but there are mean people who might post or email nasty things to her. I do think nice positive images are wonderful to see.
da wench
Scared Monkey

« Reply #182 on: June 20, 2005, 07:57:07 PM »

Quote from: "Catriana"
Bio: hey every1!! im updatin this profile cuz it stunk!! i live n aruba n i go to The International School of Aruba (clever name aint it? lol) well im in da 7th grade n im 13 i hav da best boyfriend n da world!! his name is Valentijn n i am totally and completely in love w/ him Smile he is da best thing in my life n he IS my life..i am da luckiest gurl 2 hav eva met a guy lyke him..and 2 hav my gurlz-Rika Liv Veru Alex Karla Val Sydney Humberly ChiChi Magali Patty Inez n Brittany..my guyz r VALENTIJN(my love!!) Daniel Jimmy Alex Greg Nick n i luv all my friends a ton!! Smile of course i miss my peeps in ky..Mia Maddy Logan Max Abby Tina Mary Jetta Sarah Audrey Lori Brittany Alec Dylan Aaron Max B...well u get it..haha i miss my life in ky..but this new life in aruba is mor than i could've eva dreamed..its perfect...n i luv it! my broz r great..hans (11) n simon (4) n my mom is good 2..my dad is a pilot n he is gone a lot but he is da 1 who brot us 2 aruba so he luvs it juss as much as me!! well life is goin GREAT now! i hav my drama--my passion otha than valentijn..n my sports..well i think thaz it! i luv u all!! xoxo muahzz!!--

I have only ONE thing to say about that,  don't they teach SPELLING anywhere? OMG.

LMAO...um, that's how the kids write online these days

Absense diminishes small loves and increases great ones, as the wind blows out the candle and fans the bonfire.
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #183 on: June 20, 2005, 07:57:24 PM »

HI Dash  Very Happy

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
gaijin
Scared Monkey

« Reply #184 on: June 20, 2005, 07:57:27 PM »

Quote from: "arubagirl"
RB, you're very right.

good to see YOU back here also...was worried about you...
dragonfly
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #185 on: June 20, 2005, 07:57:43 PM »

Quote from: "GaPeach"
Hey guys. I have been a lurker, on here and TripAdvisor's forum since Natalee disappeared. I have a 19 year old daughter, and I am devastated about Natalee's disappearance.  I have been glued to the boards and tv, hoping for a happy ending in all this.  It is so sad, and depressing, to see her mother on tv, hoping for answers, and getting nothing!!  It has been three weeks and her family is no closer to getting any closure than they were when it first happened.  I can't believe this. I feel so bad for this lovely girl.  Add me to the list of those praying and hoping for a happy ending to this, and that Natalee will be home with her loving family soon.

Thanks for all the information too. I finally got the nerve to join up! Smile

Welcome to the zoo!!!!   Very Happy
mehill10
Scared Monkey

« Reply #186 on: June 20, 2005, 07:58:01 PM »

dash can i ask a question  something i have not seen answered anywhere
la_cavalière
Scared Monkey

« Reply #187 on: June 20, 2005, 07:58:09 PM »

Hey Dash,

It's so great that you are out there setting the record STRAIGHT about Natalee and about the trip.

Can you give us an idea of what kinds of activities the group, including Natalee, participated in over the week? I know you mentioned snorkeling, but what else did you do?
CaliGirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #188 on: June 20, 2005, 07:58:15 PM »

Quote from: "DAG"
There has been a lot of talk, recently on this bulletin board about "keeping an open mind." While that seems entirely appropriate for the jury room, if we were empanelled with the responsibility of determining guilt or innocence in a court of law, it is hardly an appropriate code of living.

Innocent until proven guilty sounds really nice, until you start applying it to the stranger who tries to lure children away from the playground with promises of candy. Prince until proven a pervert. Gentleman until proven a predator, is how it usually translates in real life. And, if poor Natalee had one flaw, it was that she worked so hard to keep "an open mind" about smiling strangers. Perhaps, if she didn't work so hard at keeping an open mind, we wouldn't all be looking for her, right now.

Well said!!

Regardless of anything, I at least remember these are someone children period.
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #189 on: June 20, 2005, 07:58:36 PM »

Quote from: "Y'alls Psychic Detective"
Quote from: "absolut"
Quote from: "Y'alls Psychic Detective"
Quote from: "absolut"
(and incidently, Aruba's crime rate is 91% higher than NYC, but far lower than DC or Miami).

Aruba's advertised from their gov't crime rate overall is 3%?

With 1 homicide a year.

How is that higher than NYC?

Aruba, with a population of 71,566, had 4236 crimes in 2003

Sources: http://tinyurl.com/7hov5
http://newyork.areaconnect.com/crime1.htm
http://tinyurl.com/cbmg

UM K? how is that higher?

Umm.. k... did you look at the links??  Rolling Eyes  The crime rate per 100,000 people is 91% higher than NYC.

Lets look at the flaws in this. 2 different law systems. What is the population on the island in the course of the year with tourist. Same with NY but the data bump would shed a far different light on aruba. Are there even misdemeanors in aruba? This is apples and oranges at best. And Aruba is still one of the safest place on earth just by the chances of coming up missing or dead there are almost nil. Safety rate of six sigma or better.
klaasend
Scared Monkey

« Reply #190 on: June 20, 2005, 07:58:46 PM »

Quote from: "GaPeach"
Hey guys. I have been a lurker, on here and TripAdvisor's forum since Natalee disappeared. I have a 19 year old daughter, and I am devastated about Natalee's disappearance.  I have been glued to the boards and tv, hoping for a happy ending in all this.  It is so sad, and depressing, to see her mother on tv, hoping for answers, and getting nothing!!  It has been three weeks and her family is no closer to getting any closure than they were when it first happened.  I can't believe this. I feel so bad for this lovely girl.  Add me to the list of those praying and hoping for a happy ending to this, and that Natalee will be home with her loving family soon.

Thanks for all the information too. I finally got the nerve to join up! Smile

Very Happy Welcome! Very Happy
wvlady
Scared Monkey

« Reply #191 on: June 20, 2005, 07:59:05 PM »

i'm back!

so i found out valentijn's girlfriend (or possibly ex girlfriend) other screen name....

I agree Cat...Does anyone know how to spell anymore?
---
Scared Monkey

« Reply #192 on: June 20, 2005, 07:59:45 PM »

Quote from: "sarah"
Dash--my hometown is having a fundraiser for Natalee's family and using white ribbons as a symbol of hope.  I know this is probably happening all over the country.  I just wanted to let you know that people everywhere are pulling for Natalee and for the whole Mountain Brook community.

Wow! That is so wonderful!  No, I hadnt heard about this happening anywhere!  That's truly amazing... thank you so much for acting in a positive manner to show your support and hope for Nat!  I can't thank you enough!
Another K in Texas
Scared Monkey

« Reply #193 on: June 20, 2005, 08:00:19 PM »

OK its a lost cause.
'
I give up.  Yes I am protective.  It is a seventh grader and the teacher in me is coming out.  That is a little child.  We had someone push one of our high school graduates to the edge today.

I am all for free speech, but I also believe in protecting children.

Plus, the person today almost sounded like a tabloid reporter.  Great to open a little one up to that.

Keep her site posted.  Go ahead.

What is wrong about adults showing some responsibility about kids.

As to the spelling--I can't spell, but also who knows if English is her first, second, third,  fourth, or fifth language.
arubagirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #194 on: June 20, 2005, 08:00:34 PM »

I was wondering about the various activities as well, Dash. It's not something specific, I always am curious about what tourists do exactly while we're away toiling at our desk. Smile

Reading, internet, genealogy.
RB
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #195 on: June 20, 2005, 08:00:46 PM »

"This is a forum for everyone to come in and post their views and opinions, of course...but I do think Tom and Red put another topic out there with news updates so that everyone (me and the newest newbie on the firum) can get updated and THEN come in the forum and jump right into the conversation at hand!"

Kerin, that's not what I read earlier.  I read where some folks who had some questions and perhaps views of their own were in effect persona non grata.  I find this all very interesting, because the very people who think those folks are "mean" or interrupting the flow of conversation are mostly speculating what happened - none of us really "knows" what happened when NH got in that car, and the only people who can vouch for her reputation are the students who knew her ( re: our resident "celebrity" if you will, who had enough guts to be interviewed by MSM - at least she's standing up and being counted for something real,  and I say bravo to her.)

I didn't know Natalee and I feel very badly for her family and friends in this situation. However, I am in the quite fortunate position to not confuse my emotion with logic and fact.  Therefore, views counter to mine don't bother me - I look at them as an opportunity to learn, and be certain there isn't something I missed. Perhaps considering that approach might be better served to helping understand this situation and its effect on all of us.
DAG
Scared Monkey

« Reply #196 on: June 20, 2005, 08:00:46 PM »

Quote from: "CaliGirl"

Well said!!

I remember also!  It's just that the world is so hard and mean now its scary teaching children growing up to be nice and trusting at the same. time.
CaliGirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #197 on: June 20, 2005, 08:00:52 PM »

wut u dnt undstnd dis? lmao

Sorry had too!!!!!!!
DAG
Scared Monkey

« Reply #198 on: June 20, 2005, 08:01:06 PM »

Quote from: "CaliGirl"

Well said!!

I remember also!  It's just that the world is so hard and mean now its scary teaching children growing up to be nice and trusting at the same. time.
Y'alls Psychic Detective
Scared Monkey

« Reply #199 on: June 20, 2005, 08:01:19 PM »

Quote from: "Another K in Texas"
But you have to factor in that the number of people ON the island at any one time what?  double? its permanent population with all the tourists.

It is like taking the population of a theme park as zero when there are perhaps 30,000 people there on a given day.

You're right that it makes it hard to compare.  Of course, New York has millions of people who work in the city who don't live there, as well as millions of tourists a day.  But then, tourists generally don't commit many crimes, so it brings you back to the overall population.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.