March 19, 2024, 01:25:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN # 14 - 6/20/05  (Read 355690 times)
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #220 on: June 20, 2005, 08:10:49 PM »

"some posters seem to only respond to certain other posters as if this is a type of social club rather than a forum open to any and all ideas that could help case. I have seen what I would consider somewhat personal attacks on posters that were only expressing their opinions, popular or not. (You know what they say about opinions),I have noticed questions or opinions (especially by new posters) that were totally ignored seemingly because they were new to the forum."

this is part of what I was replying to, RB

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
wismom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #221 on: June 20, 2005, 08:11:23 PM »

Good Evening Everyone, haven't posted much, but have been reading everyday.  Just a thought, could there be another reason it was reported
that there was a suicide attempt today? Perhaps as a way to swing sympathy toward Joran in the event, God forbid, something bad has happened to Natalee. Maybe there was no suicide attempt therefore MSM
doesn't have info.  Just a thought.  Praying for a Miracle.
la_cavalière
Scared Monkey

« Reply #222 on: June 20, 2005, 08:11:44 PM »

Quote from: "---"
Quote from: "la_cavalière"
Hey Dash,

It's so great that you are out there setting the record STRAIGHT about Natalee and about the trip.

Can you give us an idea of what kinds of activities the group, including Natalee, participated in over the week? I know you mentioned snorkeling, but what else did you do?

We were only there for four days... the first day we were all jet-lagged and exhausted, so mainly we just put on our swim suits and laid out...
Snorkeling took up a whole day (but it was SOOOO great! We got to see a sunken German War Ship from WWII and heard stories about it... cool stuff!)  Some people went banana boating and windsurfing.... I got a massage! haha.... Mainly we just hung out on the beach and went swimming.  Our hotel was wonderful! (and all-inclusive!!!)

Thanks. It sounds like y'all had a great time. I truly hope Natalee is found alive so your memories of this wonderful trip won't always be tainted.

BTW, are you going to college and what do you plan to study? You don't have to answer if that's too personal, of course.
klaasend
Scared Monkey

« Reply #223 on: June 20, 2005, 08:12:10 PM »

Quote from: "gaijin"
I know Im jumping in, in the middle but any confirm about the supposed "suicide" attempt and who it wassupposed to have been? or all still spec?

No confirmation on who and the only reference is one Aruban newspaper, nothing else yet.
---
Scared Monkey

« Reply #224 on: June 20, 2005, 08:12:10 PM »

Ok... well I just dropped in to check up.  I have another (and hopefully final!) interview tonight... I have to leave in like, 20 minutes and I'm in jeans, a T-shirt, no makeup and a ponytail... haha

I'll talk to yall later!

Thank you all again soooo much for all the support and love you've sent to Nat!  You're positive energy is SO helpful right now!  Don't lose hope and keep praying!

God Bless!
arubagirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #225 on: June 20, 2005, 08:12:18 PM »

At this point, Joran has little to no sympathy. Besides, it's not as if there is a potential jury out there that he could influence.

Reading, internet, genealogy.
RB
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #226 on: June 20, 2005, 08:12:37 PM »

Noted, Kerin.  
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #227 on: June 20, 2005, 08:12:48 PM »

Quote from: "wismom"
Good Evening Everyone, haven't posted much, but have been reading everyday.  Just a thought, could there be another reason it was reported
that there was a suicide attempt today? Perhaps as a way to swing sympathy toward Joran in the event, God forbid, something bad has happened to Natalee. Maybe there was no suicide attempt therefore MSM

Sympathy from Arubians and the Dutch?
Ting
Scared Monkey

« Reply #228 on: June 20, 2005, 08:12:48 PM »

I know those comments upset me (or e-mails in my case), so the young girl will be freaked out, I'm guessing

arubagirl, I am sorry to say that she will probably not be the only child in Aruba who will get some disturbing messages.

There are good Americans on the internet, and there are some who have ways of expressing their culture that are not so good. It is not your fault.

Maybe if you know people with kids who have these websites, you could give them a heads up. I know that blogger.com has an option to make a blog private, I don't know about the myspace and tickle etc.
da wench
Scared Monkey

« Reply #229 on: June 20, 2005, 08:13:12 PM »

Ok... well I just dropped in to check up.  I have another (and hopefully final!) interview tonight... I have to leave in like, 20 minutes and I'm in jeans, a T-shirt, no makeup and a ponytail... haha

I'll talk to yall later!

Thank you all again soooo much for all the support and love you've sent to Nat!  You're positive energy is SO helpful right now!  Don't lose hope and keep praying!

God Bless!

Good luck with the interview, Dash!

Absense diminishes small loves and increases great ones, as the wind blows out the candle and fans the bonfire.
gaijin
Scared Monkey

« Reply #230 on: June 20, 2005, 08:13:53 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Quote from: "gaijin"
I know Im jumping in, in the middle but any confirm about the supposed "suicide" attempt and who it wassupposed to have been? or all still spec?

No confirmation on who and the only reference is one Aruban newspaper, nothing else yet.

Thank  you..
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #231 on: June 20, 2005, 08:13:53 PM »

I'll talk to yall later!

God Bless!

Is it with Greta?
dragonfly
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #232 on: June 20, 2005, 08:13:56 PM »

Quote from: "wismom"

There is really no telling what is going on down there.  We just do our best to figure it out.  I can see your point about a ploy for a sympathy shift, but it really hasn't been reported that it is for sure Joran and I think that as many people that would then have sympathy for him would also think it a sign of his guilt, so I'm not sure that would work.  And I'm praying for that miracel too!!!
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #233 on: June 20, 2005, 08:14:00 PM »

Quote from: "Rob"
Quote from: "CaliGirl"
I am bored. lol

Here's Joran's brother, Valentijn's girlfriend's blog...

Here you go Kerin! Some more searching, friend tree hoping fun! lol

link to valentijn taken down...

Just as we are protective of the MB people despite serious misgivings, this should be taken off this blog.  this is a child.  we should leave her  her alone.  she has nothing to do with this.  never heard of puppy love?  Cali: We have seen it.  good catch.  now, can you delete it?
---
Scared Monkey

« Reply #234 on: June 20, 2005, 08:14:11 PM »

Hey Dash,

It's so great that you are out there setting the record STRAIGHT about Natalee and about the trip.

Can you give us an idea of what kinds of activities the group, including Natalee, participated in over the week? I know you mentioned snorkeling, but what else did you do?

We were only there for four days... the first day we were all jet-lagged and exhausted, so mainly we just put on our swim suits and laid out...
Snorkeling took up a whole day (but it was SOOOO great! We got to see a sunken German War Ship from WWII and heard stories about it... cool stuff!)  Some people went banana boating and windsurfing.... I got a massage! haha.... Mainly we just hung out on the beach and went swimming.  Our hotel was wonderful! (and all-inclusive!!!)

Thanks. It sounds like y'all had a great time. I truly hope Natalee is found alive so your memories of this wonderful trip won't always be tainted.

BTW, are you going to college and what do you plan to study? You don't have to answer if that's too personal, of course.

I honestly believe that Nat is alive and out there somewhere... we just have to find her!  Thanks again for your support!

I got a full-scholarship to UAB, so I'm gonna go there for a little bit, but then I think I'll transfer to Auburn.
arubagirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #235 on: June 20, 2005, 08:14:21 PM »

There is no sympathy. I'm not sure that everyone believes the suicide story in the first place.

Reading, internet, genealogy.
mehill10
Scared Monkey

« Reply #236 on: June 20, 2005, 08:14:24 PM »

dash check your in box please
Catriana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #237 on: June 20, 2005, 08:14:34 PM »

Quote from: "KerinTX"
"some posters seem to only respond to certain other posters as if this is a type of social club rather than a forum open to any and all ideas that could help case. I have seen what I would consider somewhat personal attacks on posters that were only expressing their opinions, popular or not. (You know what they say about opinions),I have noticed questions or opinions (especially by new posters) that were totally ignored seemingly because they were new to the forum."

this is part of what I was replying to, RB

I don't believe that posters ignore any poster just because they are new.  I think people tend to reply to what they have a response for.  I've written notes that have had absolutely no response.  I don't take it personally, I figure that whatever I said, everyone must have agreed with it.  Smile

My view of personal attacks is, people do this when they don't have any valid argument against what the person they are attacking is saying.

I also notice, that it is difficult to keep up with every post and what every one is saying, thus I am sure that some posts just get "missed".

Bottom line, people have a tendency to read too much into things.

Summaries Available at Tom and Red's Weblog   www.scaredmonkeys.com [/i]
RB
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #238 on: June 20, 2005, 08:14:52 PM »

Quote from: "Ting"
Maybe if you know people with kids who have these websites, you could give them a heads up. I know that blogger.com has an option to make a blog private, I don't know about the myspace and tickle etc.

I am curious about something that won't make me very popular, I'm sure.  Why does a 7th grader have a publically available blog?
dragonfly
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #239 on: June 20, 2005, 08:15:04 PM »

I'll talk to yall later!

God Bless!

What interview is this Dash (if you aren't already gone?)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.