March 19, 2024, 04:44:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN # 14 - 6/20/05  (Read 355722 times)
mbhs05
Scared Monkey

« Reply #260 on: June 20, 2005, 08:20:45 PM »

Quote from: "---"
Quote from: "wantsanswers"
For the mountain brook kids, on other web sites they are slandering natalee saying she took out $2000 in Aruba from her saving account (how would they know) and she disappeared in Costa Rica for 4 days. Where did these rumours start?

No clue! But know these rumors are totally unfounded! (They are made up by people who feel it's easier to spread lies than believe that bad things really can and do happen to good people.... they choose to further antagonize the situation rather than search for truth!)

Yeah...she's never run away before, and where would she get $2,000? THat's a lot of money...

wismom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #261 on: June 20, 2005, 08:21:09 PM »

Sympathy could be from Americans, Natalees family, Aruba or those that
are more involved.  Every one is at a boiling point right now.  I don't have
sympathy for those that are putting Natalees family through this right now, it would seem though that some have tried everything to stay away
from the truth.  This report could act as a temporary diversion and perhaps
make everyone take a deep breath for a minute.  I know it hasn't been confirmed that is was Joran, but most here had that first impression and
everyone felt bad that things would get to that point. Still praying for a miracle.
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #262 on: June 20, 2005, 08:21:15 PM »

Quote from: "goddess12"
I was just watching Fox News, they said that the DJ was being held on suspicion on two counts of murder and 1 count of kidnapping leading to murder, the same as the other three.

Does this mean the Aruba Authorities have some evidence  that Natalies not alive? Sad

Foxnews with Bill O did not report this.
Ting
Scared Monkey

« Reply #263 on: June 20, 2005, 08:21:17 PM »

I am curious about something that won't make me very popular, I'm sure. Why does a 7th grader have a publically available blog?

Actually, RB, I think that kids should have blogs without photos or any kind of real life contact info. They can make get to know people and chat just fine without it, just as many of us here do.

absolut, it is not up to me to do any policing. That is up to the site administrators. My remarks were directed only to those posters who would not want their own actions to result, even indirectly in harming a child.
Y'alls Psychic Detective
Scared Monkey

« Reply #264 on: June 20, 2005, 08:21:23 PM »

For the mountain brook kids, on other web sites they are slandering natalee saying she took out $2000 in Aruba from her saving account (how would they know) and she disappeared in Costa Rica for 4 days. Where did these rumours start?

It only takes one person to make up a story, but if it's repeated enough, people start to believe it (see Rove, Karl).  The ATM story is bs.  Her mother found extra cash in her bag in the room (I do stand corrected on the fact that she apparently *was* wearing a denim skirt that night, though).
klaasend
Scared Monkey

« Reply #265 on: June 20, 2005, 08:21:42 PM »

Quote from: "Another K in Texas"
In the states websites have to comply with the law and children can only participate with parent's permission.  I am not sure at all if that is an international law?

I'm not sure how true that is.  I'm sure all you need to do is say you are 18 and put in false information.  There's no way to prove age.
Y'alls Psychic Detective
Scared Monkey

« Reply #266 on: June 20, 2005, 08:22:13 PM »

Quote from: "absolut"
Ok... well I just dropped in to check up.  I have another (and hopefully final!) interview tonight... I have to leave in like, 20 minutes and I'm in jeans, a T-shirt, no makeup and a ponytail... haha

I'll talk to yall later!

Thank you all again soooo much for all the support and love you've sent to Nat!  You're positive energy is SO helpful right now!  Don't lose hope and keep praying!

God Bless!

Is it with Greta?

Yep! She's the only one I'm willing to speak with...  the pre-interview consisted only of questions relating to how we are all coping with this... I plan to mantion and thank all of you (collectively, of course for time reasons! Smile  )

Awesome!!  You'll do great!!
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #267 on: June 20, 2005, 08:23:34 PM »

Quote from: "mbhs05"
Quote from: "RB"
Quote from: "Ting"
Maybe if you know people with kids who have these websites, you could give them a heads up. I know that blogger.com has an option to make a blog private, I don't know about the myspace and tickle etc.

I am curious about something that won't make me very popular, I'm sure.  Why does a 7th grader have a publically available blog?

It's this wanting to get attention thing...mine was public when I was like 15 and I liked getting comments from random people...like I was proud of myself because I was interesting and I liked showing off...I dunno. The ONLY way to have one of those, really, is to make it P-R-I-V-A-T-E. It should only be for friends, anyway!

no doubt about it guys

i know i have been quiet...
trying to catch me up

peace to all
arubagirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #268 on: June 20, 2005, 08:23:37 PM »

Scott, I think they can get manslaughter. Don't ask me the sentence though, have no idea.

Reading, internet, genealogy.
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #269 on: June 20, 2005, 08:25:27 PM »

From Livejournal T&C

YOUR REGISTRATION OBLIGATIONS
Account registration and verification is required in order to create a LiveJournal.com account. During registration, all users are required to provide accurate, complete and current information about themselves in all required fields. Should any of your own information change after submitting it to LiveJournal, you are hereby required to update that information as soon as possible. Should LiveJournal.com suspect that your personal information is not complete, current, or accurate, your account may be subject to suspension or termination. Should you feel that LiveJournal.com's privacy policy is not sufficient for you to complete the registration form truthfully, please email your policy concerns to privacy@livejournal.com. Users under 13 years of age are required to have a parent or guardian review and complete the registration process.
mehill10
Scared Monkey

« Reply #270 on: June 20, 2005, 08:25:39 PM »

No clue! But know these rumors are totally unfounded! (They are made up by people who feel it's easier to spread lies than believe that bad things really can and do happen to good people.... they choose to further antagonize the situation rather than search for truth!)

this is one of the worst parts of the internet  people think that can say anything because you don't know who they are   none of them would have the balls to come up to you and say it to your face
Ting
Scared Monkey

« Reply #271 on: June 20, 2005, 08:26:03 PM »

In the states websites have to comply with the law and children can only participate with parent's permission.

Another K I think that is just a CYA. It is also pretty standard on all message board software, including this one!

Its purpose is to protect the company providing the webspace, not the kids!
boxopen
Scared Monkey

« Reply #272 on: June 20, 2005, 08:26:56 PM »

I was just watching Fox News, they said that the DJ was being held on suspicion on two counts of murder and 1 count of kidnapping leading to murder, the same as the other three.
TWO (??) counts of murder?
So, beside Natalee, who's more? Question
Another K in Texas
Scared Monkey

« Reply #273 on: June 20, 2005, 08:27:16 PM »

I don't think her virginity is anyone's business.

For those who complain of no response--some things like the run away story have just been answered so many times people are tired of it coming up every hour on the hour.
heavyheart
Scared Monkey

« Reply #274 on: June 20, 2005, 08:27:27 PM »

mbhs05 - good to see you come back.  Was worried you were going to leave us for good after that last round.
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #275 on: June 20, 2005, 08:27:29 PM »

Quote from: "boxopen"

This story never aired as far as I know.
Whitney
Scared Monkey

« Reply #276 on: June 20, 2005, 08:28:49 PM »

Totally off-topic, but would like help from some computer "browser-literate" people

I've noticed that copying material across boards, e.g., copy a post from XYZ poster from SM > TA board...in Internet Explorer 6 will not copy.

However, changing the browser platforms to Mozilla/Firefox 1.04, it will copy the whole text, identifiers and the full text with no problem.

Is this a problem with settings, firewalls, pop-up blockers...you know, the full-on what to look for...it's a practical problem for sure having to switch browsers to accomplish a specific purpose.  

Thanks well in advance for anyone who can help.
---
Scared Monkey

« Reply #277 on: June 20, 2005, 08:29:12 PM »

O, I got distracted, but now I really do have to go... don't want Greta to think I'm disrespecting her by showing up like a bum!  Thanks again!  

Hey M, can I call you later tonight?
dragonfly
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #278 on: June 20, 2005, 08:29:19 PM »

I don't know why they do that.  I've seen that in some states in the US too.  Not sure how one person adds up to 2 charges or murder, but there is some explaination for it out there.
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #279 on: June 20, 2005, 08:30:03 PM »

Quote from: "dragonfly"

I don't know why they do that.  I've seen that in some states in the US too.  Not sure how one person adds up to 2 charges or murder, but there is some explaination for it out there.

This is mis/dis information right now.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.