March 18, 2024, 09:27:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN # 14 - 6/20/05  (Read 355653 times)
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #780 on: June 20, 2005, 11:19:13 PM »

Quote from: "nikkibnurse"
Quote from: "absolut"
Hey guys, i know this site is for info on Nat, but i have to ask for a prayer right now....a man in our community took his children, called his wife and said he was gonna kill himself and the kids...ran head on into a semi..father is dead..kids are critical...and all on Father's day...pray for them...thanks guys!!

O...now i am back on track..sorry... Embarassed

http://greenvilleonline.com/news/2005/06/20/2005062066337.htm

That is truly terrible.

Hey absolut, where ya from?

West Virginia
mbhs05
Scared Monkey

« Reply #781 on: June 20, 2005, 11:19:33 PM »

Quote from: "RB"
If her emotions are hanging by a string then maybe she should stop doing interviews. Or better yet...never have started. Have you noticed she is only one of two doing these media stunts...out of over a hundred? She comes to the board and makes jokes and laughs about parts of the situation. I think this is highly innappropriate. I know you can argue with me...but her real friends stopped the media stunts...instead they have chosen to respect the situation and avoid media and its outlets. Including message boards/forums/blogs.

There's a certain amount of truth to what you say. I too was vocal early on about MB'ers on the Internet commiserating with one another, when I felt that they'd be better served avoid the whole blog/forum/chat thing because people are going to ask/say what they want to ask/say and should not necessarily have to couch it.

Sigh. She's just trying to clear Natalee of all the blame that has been placed upon her. Honestly, it's better that Alana do it than one of Natalee's very best friends do it...for many reasons. She's only trying to help. We are on these forums to hear news, and to defend Natalee and the people on the trip. I've just about been run off already, but we ARE doing this for the right reasons, I assure you. I'm proud of the kids that have kept quiet. It's just that with all of the speculation, Alana feels that someone needs to stand up for the people on the trip and for Natalee, and I think she's right.

klaasend
Scared Monkey

« Reply #782 on: June 20, 2005, 11:20:42 PM »

Quote from: "Pinball Wizard"
Quick question-
Is this a picture of Steve Croes at work on the Tattoo?  The man at the far right, with DJ headset on.  He is also wearing a pilot's uniform, instead of the "Tattoo" t-shirts the other staff wear on the boat.  I uploaded it to Imageshack:

http://img106.echo.cx/img106/6360/tattoo4copy4mo.jpg

Thanks for any insight, I think I found a bunch of pictures of him on the boat, but I'm not sure.

That looks like him to me!
writergal
Scared Monkey

« Reply #783 on: June 20, 2005, 11:20:49 PM »

Quote from: "Another K in Texas"
That is what I was asking--polygraph?

A polygraph, or possibly an electrocardiogram on electroencephalogram. They might administer either of that latter if they thought he was in some acute physical distress.
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #784 on: June 20, 2005, 11:21:04 PM »

-  Anybody see the cnn report on the ocean currents around Aruba and the comment by one local that "you put your foot in the water at night and you are on radar".  

-  Mr. v/d Sloot is a prosecutor, probably works with DEA on cases.  

-  Natalee seemed to fall between the cracks.  Too much time elapsed between her absence and anybody noticing and doing something about it.  Dan had the assembly later in the morning.  Now it is back to 8 am per Alana.  Natalee does not show up at 8 am (appears she is on the first flight) and nobody goes looking for Joran, who they knew, Alana knew too, until the Twittys come to town 13 hours later?
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #785 on: June 20, 2005, 11:21:14 PM »

Quote from: "sandy"
I hope no one takes this the wrong way but the comments from the Twitty's about the arrogance exhibited by the VDS family members strikes me as a cultural trait - my experience has been the Dutch, like the Germans tend to be 'teutonic' - I'm not meaning to stereotype or lump everyone together - but it is not uncommon for people from this background to appear to others as arrogant, haughty, etc - throw in the legal training and the factor increases.

I would agree with part of that since I am married to one of those foreigners who is aloof and can be seen as arrogant BUT what "culteral trait" has you beating your fist against your chest like TARZAN when approached by a grieving mother?

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
nikkibnurse
Monkey Junky

« Reply #786 on: June 20, 2005, 11:21:15 PM »

Quote from: "mbhs05"
If her emotions are hanging by a string then maybe she should stop doing interviews. Or better yet...never have started. Have you noticed she is only one of two doing these media stunts...out of over a hundred? She comes to the board and makes jokes and laughs about parts of the situation. I think this is highly innappropriate. I know you can argue with me...but her real friends stopped the media stunts...instead they have chosen to respect the situation and avoid media and its outlets. Including message boards/forums/blogs.

There's a certain amount of truth to what you say. I too was vocal early on about MB'ers on the Internet commiserating with one another, when I felt that they'd be better served avoid the whole blog/forum/chat thing because people are going to ask/say what they want to ask/say and should not necessarily have to couch it.

Very well said, MB..God Bless YOU!!

Sigh. She's just trying to clear Natalee of all the blame that has been placed upon her. Honestly, it's better that Alana do it than one of Natalee's very best friends do it...for many reasons. She's only trying to help. We are on these forums to hear news, and to defend Natalee and the people on the trip. I've just about been run off already, but we ARE doing this for the right reasons, I assure you. I'm proud of the kids that have kept quiet. It's just that with all of the speculation, Alana feels that someone needs to stand up for the people on the trip and for Natalee, and I think she's right.

"God dont like ugly"
Another K in Texas
Scared Monkey

« Reply #787 on: June 20, 2005, 11:21:38 PM »

Nancy, are you checking the reil i cant spell it post.

Everyone is ignoring it but there is a ton of meat in it if it is true.
CaliGirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #788 on: June 20, 2005, 11:21:43 PM »

Quote from: "NativeLingo"
Quote from: "KerinTX"
I guess Arubagirl left by now <sigh>

For the life of me I can't understand why every time we get some details or watch an interview and people post opinions, WHY does it have to turn from a commentary on the case and it's subjects and turn into a personal attack on the entire island of Aruba!!!
That's like saying everyone in the South drinks moonshine and has Billy Bob teeth and that everyone in Mexico is dirt poor and a drug dealer.

These are SHADY (I can't say bad without more details) People who live in a GOOD Place.

That could describe MY town or anyone else's in the world.

We love our Aruban friends!!!!!

Thank you kerin....

Amen Kerin! (((Native)))
RB
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #789 on: June 20, 2005, 11:21:53 PM »

And that, mbhs05, was an excellent post as an opposing or explanatory view. You clearly understand that not everyone will agree with Alana's stance, but certainly if one feels one must stand up and be counted for something, so be it.
littletxlady
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #790 on: June 20, 2005, 11:22:00 PM »

Quote from: "pybird"
Quote from: "littletxlady"
Quote from: "Whitney"
Personal opinion:  wouldn't want to be on the witness chair if Greta Vansusteran was doing her stacatto questioning act...I met her in the Ronal Reagan Airport just before she went down to Florida to report on the Bush v. Gore thingy...

She's just like on the TV...asks you Q's...probes and is so disarmingly plain.  

Don't ever underestimate this woman.

She and her hubby are said to be high on the list of the most powerful people in the biz. (wealthiest also)
Did you see her before her plastic surgery?

What most people need to learn in life is how to love people
and use things instead of using people and loving things.

littletxlady...who is Gretta married to...just curious.

Thx

Greta's hubby~~~John P. Coale: http://www.holysmoke.org/cos/john-p-coale.htm

Recently dubbed one of the world’s 100 most powerful women by Forbes Magazine, Van Susteren is the recipient of both the 2000-2001 Sandra Day O'Connor Medal of Honor from Seton Hall University and the American Bar Association Presidential Award for "Excellence in Journalism." (2001). She was also awarded the first place 2002 National Headliners Award as part of an investigative team covering the "Attack on America."

Greta's bio on FOX:  http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,42016,00.html

Very intresting couple.....

Joran is truly EVIL

Casey's only truthful statement:  "Well...maybe I'm a spiteful bitch"

God Don't Like Ugly
nikkibnurse
Monkey Junky

« Reply #791 on: June 20, 2005, 11:22:04 PM »

Hey guys, i know this site is for info on Nat, but i have to ask for a prayer right now....a man in our community took his children, called his wife and said he was gonna kill himself and the kids...ran head on into a semi..father is dead..kids are critical...and all on Father's day...pray for them...thanks guys!!

O...now i am back on track..sorry... Embarassed

http://greenvilleonline.com/news/2005/06/20/2005062066337.htm

That is truly terrible.

Hey absolut, where ya from?

Well, how in the world did you know aboutthis and the website for the NEWS?? <hearing twilight zone music>

West Virginia

"God dont like ugly"
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #792 on: June 20, 2005, 11:22:21 PM »

Quote from: "NativeLingo"
Quote from: "KerinTX"
I guess Arubagirl left by now <sigh>

For the life of me I can't understand why every time we get some details or watch an interview and people post opinions, WHY does it have to turn from a commentary on the case and it's subjects and turn into a personal attack on the entire island of Aruba!!!
That's like saying everyone in the South drinks moonshine and has Billy Bob teeth and that everyone in Mexico is dirt poor and a drug dealer.

These are SHADY (I can't say bad without more details) People who live in a GOOD Place.

That could describe MY town or anyone else's in the world.

We love our Aruban friends!!!!!

Thank you kerin....

No, THANK YOU, Native!!

GuyWdog
Scared Monkey

« Reply #793 on: June 20, 2005, 11:22:28 PM »

What if these 3 guys are tuely innocent? Maybe Joran was/is arrogant, but what if someone else is responsible for Natalee's missing? it would Not surprise me if the Local Arubaian Police are going down a dead end, they have shown their lack of experience from the get-go. here it is almost 4 weeks and not a sinlge Break in the case. All of you have to admit that this can not go on for much longer..........sooner or later the Arubain authorities will either have to charge these 3 guys or release them. As it stands now, release is looking as to what will happen....

GuyWdog
wantsanswers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #794 on: June 20, 2005, 11:22:35 PM »

Quote from: "nancy_drew"
Quote from: "wantsanswers"
Why did he ask for Natalee's email if they already exchanged it!! That is what he said in his interview with police...
Don't feel sorry for such a lying brat

We have NO idea what he said to police.  Only hearsay.

It was in the paper and on the news! Natalee missing is only hearsay too!
Dallas Also
Scared Monkey

« Reply #795 on: June 20, 2005, 11:22:41 PM »

Quote from: "nancy_drew"
Quote from: "wantsanswers"
Why did he ask for Natalee's email if they already exchanged it!! That is what he said in his interview with police...
Don't feel sorry for such a lying brat

We have NO idea what he said to police.  Only hearsay.

http://crime.about.com/b/a/177299.htm
CaliGirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #796 on: June 20, 2005, 11:23:38 PM »

Quote from: "mbhs05"

((((MB))))
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #797 on: June 20, 2005, 11:23:49 PM »

Quote from: "Tila_Bean"
Quote from: "arrabba"
From Dan riehl's site: http://www.riehlworldview.com

Update
A source on the island tells me that he has confirmed that Joran was seen having a cream and wires attached to him in his location at the jail this evening and his interrogation continues while the two Kalpoe brothers have been taken to the prison, as has been previously reported.

Addtionally, it was stated that it is possible that the youngest Kalpoe, Satish may even be released as it is thought he might not have as direct a connection to events as some others. That has not been confirmed with another source at this time.

I have also heard that some have said the boys have changed their statement yet, again - suggesting that Natalee was left alone at the beach after becoming hysterical at the beach near the Marriot. If true, this version of a statement suggests that the elder Kalpoe, Deepak, dropped off both Joran and Satish before returning to the beach, where he was reportedly unable to find Natalee Holloway.

As this clearly departs from statements attributed to the Paulus Van der Sloot that he picked up Joran at a McDonalds at approximately 3 AM, it apears that so many statements have either come out, or alleged to have come out of this case, that not a single one can be relied upon as true, or even confirmed at this time.

Excuse my ignorance but what does "having a cream and wires attached to him" mean? Shocked

he took a polygraph it appears

iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #798 on: June 20, 2005, 11:23:50 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Quote from: "Pinball Wizard"
Quick question-
Is this a picture of Steve Croes at work on the Tattoo?  The man at the far right, with DJ headset on.  He is also wearing a pilot's uniform, instead of the "Tattoo" t-shirts the other staff wear on the boat.  I uploaded it to Imageshack:

http://img106.echo.cx/img106/6360/tattoo4copy4mo.jpg

Thanks for any insight, I think I found a bunch of pictures of him on the boat, but I'm not sure.

That looks like him to me!

guy in white shirt on right
Another K in Texas
Scared Monkey

« Reply #799 on: June 20, 2005, 11:24:15 PM »

Quote from: "arrabba"
From Dan riehl's site: http://www.riehlworldview.com

Update
A source on the island tells me that he has confirmed that Joran was seen having a cream and wires attached to him in his location at the jail this evening and his interrogation continues while the two Kalpoe brothers have been taken to the prison, as has been previously reported.

Addtionally, it was stated that it is possible that the youngest Kalpoe, Satish may even be released as it is thought he might not have as direct a connection to events as some others. That has not been confirmed with another source at this time.

I have also heard that some have said the boys have changed their statement yet, again - suggesting that Natalee was left alone at the beach after becoming hysterical at the beach near the Marriot. If true, this version of a statement suggests that the elder Kalpoe, Deepak, dropped off both Joran and Satish before returning to the beach, where he was reportedly unable to find Natalee Holloway.

As this clearly departs from statements attributed to the Paulus Van der Sloot that he picked up Joran at a McDonalds at approximately 3 AM, it apears that so many statements have either come out, or alleged to have come out of this case, that not a single one can be relied upon as true, or even confirmed at this time.

one more time.  This has a ton of things that need to be evaluated and see if verified.  

Is number one a polygraph or is it suicide watch monitoring/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.