March 28, 2024, 01:08:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN # 14 - 6/20/05  (Read 356173 times)
martin connahey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #160 on: June 20, 2005, 07:51:58 PM »

da wench wrote:
I'm still thinking, if she is dead, that it was accidental.

Glad to see you've come around to agreeing that nh is at least possibly NOT a victim, unless you're referring to an "arranged accident," which I surmise you're not. Too much to drink, fell from the car,boat,stairs,whatever. That's an accident, and she'd be no one's "victim." So the folks in jail may indeed be covering up their roles in what THEY KNOW would look like a murder but was an accident. No killers, no victims, just as I've hypothesized all along.

I hope you don't get gang-posted for saying it like I did. Just hang in there kiddo and keep the faith.

--MC
dragonfly
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #161 on: June 20, 2005, 07:52:04 PM »

Quote from: "---"
I'm good, how are yall?

I'm fine.  You guys doing okay there?  keeping hope alive?!!!
DAG
Scared Monkey

« Reply #162 on: June 20, 2005, 07:52:13 PM »

hey guys

Hi Dash!!!  How are things with you today??
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #163 on: June 20, 2005, 07:52:38 PM »

Quote from: "sarah"
Did anyone see the news report a couple of days ago about bloodhounds?  I believe they pick up the scent of a person using a shoe or some article of clothing as a lead.  I know cadaver dogs have been used, how about bloodhounds?  Anyone know if they would be uselful?

i saw that also, however the days that have passed make that virtually impossible...

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
CaliGirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #164 on: June 20, 2005, 07:53:02 PM »

Quote from: "KerinTX"
Quote from: "RB"
Quote from: "Another K in Texas"
I only said that because we had some really mean people on earlier today.

Define "mean". Smile  I think you folks have an impression of "trolls" that perhaps isn't warranted in some cases - just because someone doesn't agree with a view doesn't make them a "troll" or "mean".  It just makes them interesting.

I think it was RPG who posted something on the troll page I found interesting. They said that people get mad because they come in the room and make a comment and that no one will respond to them and so they get mad and go OFF and are then classified as trolls. He went on to say that all the room regs (my words, not his) will only reply to the other "regs" posts.
My response to this is...
Of course I would respond to posts that I was already involved in first...that's the only way I can possibly keep up in this fast moving forum. I do try to speak to people coming in with questions as other people do as well. But when things are really moving and we have lots of news or hot points of discussion and a new poster comes in, it is impossible to stop and post the latest news updates for everyone entering. This is a forum for everyone to come in and post their views and opinions, of course...but I do think Tom and Red put another topic out there with news updates so that everyone (me and the newest newbie on the firum) can get updated and THEN come in the forum and jump right into the conversation at hand!
:::sitting back down now::::

I speak to everyone..sometimes loudly but that is because when people are told nicely..hey one of Natalee's friends is in here.. please don't say such..I OFFER links tho their answers for cripes sake!

I do the same when they come in and bash Aruba.. that just makes me mad!
Y'alls Psychic Detective
Scared Monkey

« Reply #165 on: June 20, 2005, 07:53:12 PM »

Quote from: "absolut"
Quote from: "Y'alls Psychic Detective"
Quote from: "absolut"
(and incidently, Aruba's crime rate is 91% higher than NYC, but far lower than DC or Miami).

Aruba's advertised from their gov't crime rate overall is 3%?

With 1 homicide a year.

How is that higher than NYC?

Aruba, with a population of 71,566, had 4236 crimes in 2003

Sources: http://tinyurl.com/7hov5
http://newyork.areaconnect.com/crime1.htm
http://tinyurl.com/cbmg

UM K? how is that higher?

Umm.. k... did you look at the links??  Rolling Eyes  The crime rate per 100,000 people is 91% higher than NYC.
da wench
Scared Monkey

« Reply #166 on: June 20, 2005, 07:53:26 PM »

hey guys

Welcome back, Dash

Absense diminishes small loves and increases great ones, as the wind blows out the candle and fans the bonfire.
la_cavalière
Scared Monkey

« Reply #167 on: June 20, 2005, 07:54:00 PM »

Quote from: "Rob"
Quote from: "CaliGirl"
I am bored. lol

Here's Joran's brother, Valentijn's girlfriend's blog...

URL REMOVED

Here you go Kerin! Some more searching, friend tree hoping fun! lol

link to valentijn taken down...

I wasn't going to publish the link to her blog, but since you did...

Natalie, Valentijn's girlfriend (from Kentucky), seems like such a sweet girl, and Valentijn sounds like a really great guy. If you read her blog, she mentions Joran a few times. Joran was dating her best friend, another girl in the 7th grade of Indian descent. The girl's mother found out about the relationship and made her stay home from school one day. When she came back to school, she was so upset she ran to the bathroom. Natalie mentions that everyone told her she should break it off with Joran, and Natalie agreed with them. At one point she mentions their relationship and says it's a long story that she will write about later, but she never does.

There is also another separate MSN website for Natalie and Valentijn, created by Valentijn, with over 200 pix, including many of Joran. They really seem like normal kids, great family, etc.
Catriana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #168 on: June 20, 2005, 07:54:11 PM »

Bio: hey every1!! im updatin this profile cuz it stunk!! i live n aruba n i go to The International School of Aruba (clever name aint it? lol) well im in da 7th grade n im 13 i hav da best boyfriend n da world!! his name is Valentijn n i am totally and completely in love w/ him Smile he is da best thing in my life n he IS my life..i am da luckiest gurl 2 hav eva met a guy lyke him..and 2 hav my gurlz-Rika Liv Veru Alex Karla Val Sydney Humberly ChiChi Magali Patty Inez n Brittany..my guyz r VALENTIJN(my love!!) Daniel Jimmy Alex Greg Nick n i luv all my friends a ton!! Smile of course i miss my peeps in ky..Mia Maddy Logan Max Abby Tina Mary Jetta Sarah Audrey Lori Brittany Alec Dylan Aaron Max B...well u get it..haha i miss my life in ky..but this new life in aruba is mor than i could've eva dreamed..its perfect...n i luv it! my broz r great..hans (11) n simon (4) n my mom is good 2..my dad is a pilot n he is gone a lot but he is da 1 who brot us 2 aruba so he luvs it juss as much as me!! well life is goin GREAT now! i hav my drama--my passion otha than valentijn..n my sports..well i think thaz it! i luv u all!! xoxo muahzz!!--

I have only ONE thing to say about that,  don't they teach SPELLING anywhere? OMG.

Summaries Available at Tom and Red's Weblog   www.scaredmonkeys.com [/i]
Shellbell
Scared Monkey

« Reply #169 on: June 20, 2005, 07:54:17 PM »

Hey Dash we have missed ya!
Professor
Scared Monkey

« Reply #170 on: June 20, 2005, 07:54:30 PM »

There has been a lot of talk, recently on this bulletin board about "keeping an open mind." While that seems entirely appropriate for the jury room, if we were empanelled with the responsibility of determining guilt or innocence in a court of law, it is hardly an appropriate code of living.

Innocent until proven guilty sounds really nice, until you start applying it to the stranger who tries to lure children away from the playground with promises of candy. Prince until proven a pervert. Gentleman until proven a predator, is how it usually translates in real life. And, if poor Natalee had one flaw, it was that she worked so hard to keep "an open mind" about smiling strangers. Perhaps, if she didn't work so hard at keeping an open mind, we wouldn't all be looking for her, right now.
CaliGirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #171 on: June 20, 2005, 07:54:54 PM »

Hi Dash!

::waving also to lurkers and anyone who thinks we do not speak to them::::
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #172 on: June 20, 2005, 07:54:59 PM »

Quote from: "KerinTX"
Quote from: "RB"
Quote from: "Another K in Texas"
I only said that because we had some really mean people on earlier today.

Define "mean". Smile  I think you folks have an impression of "trolls" that perhaps isn't warranted in some cases - just because someone doesn't agree with a view doesn't make them a "troll" or "mean".  It just makes them interesting.

I think it was RPG who posted something on the troll page I found interesting. They said that people get mad because they come in the room and make a comment and that no one will respond to them and so they get mad and go OFF and are then classified as trolls. He went on to say that all the room regs (my words, not his) will only reply to the other "regs" posts.
My response to this is...
Of course I would respond to posts that I was already involved in first...that's the only way I can possibly keep up in this fast moving forum. I do try to speak to people coming in with questions as other people do as well. But when things are really moving and we have lots of news or hot points of discussion and a new poster comes in, it is impossible to stop and post the latest news updates for everyone entering. This is a forum for everyone to come in and post their views and opinions, of course...but I do think Tom and Red put another topic out there with news updates so that everyone (me and the newest newbie on the firum) can get updated and THEN come in the forum and jump right into the conversation at hand!
:::sitting back down now::::

not to be rude, but i think he stated that he did nt want it brough up for discussion...

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
mehill10
Scared Monkey

« Reply #173 on: June 20, 2005, 07:55:11 PM »

Quote from: "sarah"
Did anyone see the news report a couple of days ago about bloodhounds?  I believe they pick up the scent of a person using a shoe or some article of clothing as a lead.  I know cadaver dogs have been used, how about bloodhounds?  Anyone know if they would be uselful?

would have to be use quick  ie:if it rains will wash the scent away
Another K in Texas
Scared Monkey

« Reply #174 on: June 20, 2005, 07:55:25 PM »

But you have to factor in that the number of people ON the island at any one time what?  double? its permanent population with all the tourists.

It is like taking the population of a theme park as zero when there are perhaps 30,000 people there on a given day.
---
Scared Monkey

« Reply #175 on: June 20, 2005, 07:55:31 PM »

Hey yall... please don't take a once supportive forum and turn it into a boxing ring for attacks on Aruba... it's a lovely place that honestly has a very low crime rate... Instead of pointing fingers and bickering, people should focus their energies into praying and hoping.  Positivity is VITAL in this situation!
gaijin
Scared Monkey

« Reply #176 on: June 20, 2005, 07:55:58 PM »

hey guys

Hey Dash..you're back...among friends...
arubagirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #177 on: June 20, 2005, 07:56:16 PM »

Preach it, Cat.

Reading, internet, genealogy.
GaPeach
Scared Monkey

« Reply #178 on: June 20, 2005, 07:56:44 PM »

Hey guys. I have been a lurker, on here and TripAdvisor's forum since Natalee disappeared. I have a 19 year old daughter, and I am devastated about Natalee's disappearance.  I have been glued to the boards and tv, hoping for a happy ending in all this.  It is so sad, and depressing, to see her mother on tv, hoping for answers, and getting nothing!!  It has been three weeks and her family is no closer to getting any closure than they were when it first happened.  I can't believe this. I feel so bad for this lovely girl.  Add me to the list of those praying and hoping for a happy ending to this, and that Natalee will be home with her loving family soon.

Thanks for all the information too. I finally got the nerve to join up! Smile
sarah
Scared Monkey

« Reply #179 on: June 20, 2005, 07:56:46 PM »

Dash--my hometown is having a fundraiser for Natalee's family and using white ribbons as a symbol of hope.  I know this is probably happening all over the country.  I just wanted to let you know that people everywhere are pulling for Natalee and for the whole Mountain Brook community.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.