May 28, 2024, 03:07:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stephen Colbert, 15 yr. Wylie Tx. band student missing during trip  (Read 5176 times)
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« on: March 07, 2014, 02:34:13 PM »

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/24916365/wylie-isd-student-missing-in-indianapolis#ixzz2vJ8cNAVC
: Mar 07, 2014 12:19 PM CST

A 15-year-old Wylie ISD student is missing in Indianapolis.

Wylie ISD confirmed that Wylie High School band freshman Stephen Colbert didn't check in on Thursday night after a band concert and welcome event.

Colbert and other Wylie ISD students were in Indianapolis for a band competition, the Music for All National Festival.

Read more: http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/24916365/wylie-isd-student-missing-in-indianapolis#ixzz2vJ8cNAVC
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 02:46:36 PM »

http://www.wylienews.com/articles/templates/news.asp?articleid=5231&zoneid=5

: Friday, March 07, 2014

A freshman Wylie band member, Stephen Colbert, has been missing for 12 hours in Indianapolis, Ind. Students reported seeing him at Thursday night's concert at Butler University but, when they returned to the hotel, his luggage was in the holding area and had not been claimed. Wylie PD is in touch with Indianapolis PD

BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 07:58:00 PM »

Read more: http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/24916365/wylie-isd-student-missing-in-indianapolis#ixzz2vKSYgnlE
Updated: Mar 07, 2014 5:52 PM CST

Wylie ISD's superintendent and Wylie High School's principal and fine arts director are heading to Indianapolis, where a 15-year-old student is missing.

The Wylie High School Wind Symphony is currently visiting Indianapolis for a symphony music festival. The missing student, freshman Stephen Colbert, was last seen at a concert there Thursday night.

Later that night, when chaperones checked on the students in hotel rooms, they realized Colbert was missing and notified authorities immediately.

Indianapolis police are investigating, and Colbert's mother is also on her way to Indianapolis.

Stephen's father, Erick, says the family has been numb since they got the call around midnight Friday morning that their son was missing.

Erick says Colbert is a well-adjusted teen who's a good student and has never had any behavioral issues. He said Colbert had been out of state before to attend similar festivals, so he says he would never consider his son to be a runaway.

"I gotta tell you, I think a possible outcome is a fatality alright," said Erick. "It's an option. Man, I'm hoping it's not. We're just trying to see what we can do."

Family members are not only concerned about Colbert's whereabouts, but about his health as well -- Colbert is allergic to dairy and nuts, and his father says it has been somewhat of a burden on the teenager's life lately.

Read more: http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/24916365/wylie-isd-student-missing-in-indianapolis#ixzz2vKSYgnlE
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 08:13:46 PM »

I hope they Stephen soon.  If the first reports are correct and he is a well adjusted teen. Then something happened to him. That is so scary for his family and friends.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2014, 12:18:59 AM »

http://fox59.com/2014/03/07/police-search-for-missing-texas-teen-last-seen-on-butler-campus/#axzz2vLWL4cMq

Mother searching for missing Texas teen last seen on Butler campus

4 hours ago
    by Kendall Downing
    Reporter

INDIANAPOLIS – A 15-year-old boy more then eight hundred miles away from home is missing in Indianapolis.

Stephen Colbert is in town from Wylie, Texas, which is close to the Dallas-Fort Worth area. He’s here to take part in a large band festival called the Music For All National Festival. School administrators said there are about 60 students and chaperones in their specific delegation.

According to IMPD, the last time anyone saw the 15-year-old was Thursday night at Clowes Hall on the campus of Butler University.

Friday night the teen’s mother came to Indianapolis on a frantic search for answers. She’s talking to police and desperate to find her son.

Kristen Colbert said her son Stephen wouldn’t simply disappear.

“I just need more answers. I feel like I’m in the dark,” she told FOX 59 moments after arriving in Indianapolis.

She hopped on a plane Friday afternoon from Dallas to Indianapolis. Colbert said her son, a clarinet player, is a good student, a model big-brother, and responsible young man.

“The last text message was at two o’clock yesterday. He told me he’d arrived safely here in Indianapolis and that was the last contact I had with him,” said Colbert.

Colbert tells us Stephen left the JW Marriott on Thursday and went to performances at Butler’s campus with his school group that night.

He promised he’d call and keep her in the loop. But Stephen never checked back into his hotel room Thursday night. IMPD said there’s surveillance video showing he never got back off the bus at the hotel.

INDIANAPOLIS – A 15-year-old boy more then eight hundred miles away from home is missing in Indianapolis.

Stephen Colbert is in town from Wylie, Texas, which is close to the Dallas-Fort Worth area. He’s here to take part in a large band festival called the Music For All National Festival. School administrators said there are about 60 students and chaperones in their specific delegation.

According to IMPD, the last time anyone saw the 15-year-old was Thursday night at Clowes Hall on the campus of Butler University.

Friday night the teen’s mother came to Indianapolis on a frantic search for answers. She’s talking to police and desperate to find her son.

Kristen Colbert said her son Stephen wouldn’t simply disappear.

“I just need more answers. I feel like I’m in the dark,” she told FOX 59 moments after arriving in Indianapolis.

She hopped on a plane Friday afternoon from Dallas to Indianapolis. Colbert said her son, a clarinet player, is a good student, a model big-brother, and responsible young man.

“The last text message was at two o’clock yesterday. He told me he’d arrived safely here in Indianapolis and that was the last contact I had with him,” said Colbert.

Colbert tells us Stephen left the JW Marriott on Thursday and went to performances at Butler’s campus with his school group that night.

He promised he’d call and keep her in the loop. But Stephen never checked back into his hotel room Thursday night. IMPD said there’s surveillance video showing he never got back off the bus at the hotel.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2014, 09:08:53 AM »

http://fox59.com/2014/03/07/police-search-for-missing-texas-teen-last-seen-on-butler-campus/
Mother searching for missing Texas teen last seen on Butler campus
March 7, 2014 13 Hours ago

IMPD and Butler Police searched the area around campus Friday with no luck. Police said right now, this isn’t being investigated as an abduction case, so talking to Colbert’s parents is crucial.

His mother brought the student’s laptop for police to analyze.

While Kristen Colbert is in Indianapolis, her husband is in Texas, with plans to come to the city soon.

“He’s not the type of kid who would run away. He’s pretty serious-minded,” said Erick Colbert, in an interview with our Dallas-Fort Worth FOX affiliate.

Both parents are hoping someone in Indianapolis can help them find Stephen.

Administrators with the Wylie ISD in Wylie, Texas are on the way to Indianapolis. The superintendent and others were to have arrived by plane Friday night.

The Wylie Independent School District issued the following statement:

The Wylie ISD has been in contact with Stephen’s parents and at this time they have asked for prayers for his safe return.  In addition, information about Stephen has been posted on Wylie High School’s Facebook page.  The event sponsors, Butler University Police and the Indianapolis Metro Police Department (IMPD) have assured us that they are working hard to ensure Stephen’s safe return.  If anyone in Wylie has information about Stephen or hears from him, please contact the IMPD at 317-327-3811 or the Wylie Police Department.
Our thoughts and prayers are for the safe return of Stephen.

Kristen Colbert said her husband and mother will also be coming to town, soon. She said she’s especially worried about her son because he has serious food allergies.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2014, 09:20:48 AM »

Article from yesterday:

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/Wylie-student-missing-during-trip-to-Indianapolis--249044811.html
Wylie High School freshman vanishes during trip to Indianapolis
March 7, 2014

Indianapolis police said the teen was last seen at about 7 p.m. Thursday at the Clowes Memorial Hall on the Butler University campus. The Wylie teens had just attended a concert at the festival when Colbert went missing.
"We are working with law enforcement officials to assist them in locating the missing student," read a statement from Eric Martin, president and CEO of Music for All. We won’t rest until we find the student and reunite him with the group. We are referring any additional questions to IMPD at this time."
Colbert was reported missing when he didn't show up for a head count at the hotel. Friends describe him as smart and unlikely to just take off on his own.
Disrict spokesperson Ian Halperin said they were hopeful that Colbert may have just ended up on the wrong bus after Thursday night's concert and hasn't contacted anyone out of fear of getting in trouble. He also said the students were traveling with several parent chaperones, as well as school music directors.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2014, 02:18:56 PM »

FOUND   SAFE

Updated: Mar 08, 2014 12:27 PM CST

A missing 15-year-old Wylie High School freshman and band student who was last seen in Indianapolis was found unharmed in Mooresville, Indiana Saturday morning. Mooresville is about 20 miles southwest of Indianapolis.

Stephen Colbert's father, Erick said he was found walking along a street. He said Stephen seemed disoriented and was taken to the hospital for a check up. 

"This is a miracle. Everyone was praying.. It works! It really works," Erick said.

The Wylie High School Wind Symphony is currently visiting Indianapolis for a symphony music festival. Colbert, had last been seen at a concert there Thursday night.

Later that night, when chaperones checked on the students in hotel rooms, they realized Colbert was missing and notified authorities immediately.

"We are extremely relieved that Stephen is back with his family.  There are still questions, but the important thing is he is safe.  I know that the entire Wylie community, and many others, were praying for him and his family and this is an answered prayer.  On behalf of the Wylie ISD, thank you to the Indianapolis Metro Police Department, the Butler University Police Department and all the other law enforcement agencies for their efforts and cooperation in helping bring Stephen home" says Dr David Vinson, Wylie, TX School Superintendent.

Read more: http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/24916365/wylie-isd-student-missing-in-indianapolis#ixzz2vOvjiKEn
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2014, 03:17:21 PM »

Great news that Stephen has been found safe!!   

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2014, 05:55:26 PM »

Great news that Stephen has been found safe!!   

Wonderful news 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2014, 01:24:34 PM »

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.