March 18, 2024, 08:19:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Malaysia Airlines 777 Flight MH370 - Missing - March 7, 2014  (Read 775894 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #380 on: April 29, 2014, 01:43:45 PM »

A Wolfe Blitzer CNN panel is discussing the latest regarding David Pope's Bay of Bengal research reports of March 31st and April 15th as well as Raja Latife's alleged Bay of Bengal sighting on the morning of March 8, 2014.  It appears that the reports and sighting are being afforded some credibility.

Janet

++++

Searchers dispute company's claim that it may have found aircraft wreckage
April 29, 2014

<snipped>

The company's director, David Pope, said he did not want to go public with the information at first, but his information was disregarded. ....

The company began its search four days after the plane went missing and sent officials initial findings on March 31, Pope said. It followed up with a full report on April 15.

<snipped>

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/29/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

‘I saw missing plane days ago, but no one listened’
March 21, 2014

An eagle-eyed passenger on a flight across the Indian Ocean may have seen the missing Malaysian airplane sinking into the sea the day it vanished — but nobody would listen to her, she claims.

Raja Dalelah Raja Latife, 53, was flying from Saudi Arabia to Malaysia near the Andaman Islands on March 8, when she spotted what she believes was flight MH370 below, according to Malaysia’s The Star Online.

<snipped>

http://nypost.com/2014/03/21/woman-claims-to-have-seen-missing-jet-days-before-reports/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #381 on: April 29, 2014, 01:56:59 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/29/world/asia/missing-plane-recordings/?hpt=hp_t1

MH370: Plane audio recording played in public for first time to Chinese families
By Ivan Watson, CNN
updated 7:46 AM EDT, Tue April 29, 2014

Beijing (CNN) -- It sounds like standard radio chatter between an airplane and ground control, mostly repeating the identifying number of the flight.

But the recording that Malaysian officials played for the first time in public in a Beijing conference room on Tuesday is purportedly the last known words of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 before it disappeared on March 8.

"Malaysia three-seven-zero contact Ho Chi Minh 120.9, good night," says a voice identified by Malaysian officials as that of a radar controller in Kuala Lumpur, the Malaysian capital.

"Good night Malaysian three-seven-zero," answers a male voice believed to be a crew member on the plane.

Malaysian officials released the audio recording more than 50 days after the plane disappeared, in a long-awaited briefing before scores of relatives of the flight's Chinese passengers.

The session on Tuesday also included the release of a chronology of the aircraft's last known contacts with radar stations as well as a satellite orbiting over the Indian Ocean.

At 2:03 a.m. local time on March 8, the operational dispatch center of Malaysia Airlines sent a message to the cockpit instructing the pilot to contact ground control in Vietnam, said Sayid Ruzaimi Syed Aris, an official with Malaysia's aviation authority.

Sayid said flight MH370 did not respond to the message.

Fuel calculations

Nearly 20 minutes later, at 2:22, the Royal Malaysian Air Force picked up the flight for the last time on its radar system, Sayid said.

By that point, Sayid said, the plane was believed to have swerved far off course over the Malaysian coastal area of Penang, in the direction of the Malacca Strait.

According to Malaysian officials in Beijing on Tuesday, there was no direct communication between Malaysia Airlines and MH370 for a five-hour period, until the airline tried unsuccessfully to call the cockpit.

"At 7:13," Sayid said, Malaysia Airlines tried to "make a voice call to the aircraft, but no pickup."

If all had gone according to plan, MH370 would have landed at the international airport in Beijing at 6:30 a.m. on March 8.

Malaysian officials told Chinese families on Tuesday that, by their calculations, the aircraft would have run out of fuel seven hours and 31 minutes into the flight.

"Based on the fuel calculation ... the aircraft fuel starvation will occur at time 08:12," said Subas Chandran, a Malaysia Airlines representative.

The Malaysian delegation also published slides showing the last known "handshakes" between the aircraft and an Inmarsat satellite over the Indian Ocean.

The sixth and final handshake took place at 8:11 a.m. Malaysian time. According to these Inmarsat data points, in relation to the Inmarsat satellite, Flight 370 was far south of where it should have been if it had been on its planned route to Beijing.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #382 on: April 29, 2014, 02:01:48 PM »

Audio at the link

http://www.cbs2iowa.com/news/features/top-stories/stories/audio-flight-370-released-26439.shtml

Audio From Flight 370 Released
Updated: Tuesday, April 29 2014, 07:30 AM CDT

Cedar Rapids, IA (CBS 2/FOX 28) – For the first time, we are hearing sounds from missing flight 370.
Audio from the cock pit was released early Tuesday morning.
The recording caught some of the last words of crew members before the flight disappeared.
"Malaysia three seven zero contact ho chi min 120.9, good night," says a voice Malaysian officials say is the radar controller on the ground.
"Good night Malaysian three seven zero," answers a voice believed to be a crew member on board.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #383 on: April 29, 2014, 02:08:57 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/malaysia-airlines-flight-370-georesonance-wreckage-of-a-commercial-airliner-found/

News/April 29, 2014, 8:28 AM
Malaysia Airlines Flight 370: GeoResonance survey company says "wreckage of a commercial airliner" found
Last Updated Apr 29, 2014 10:17 AM EDT

The Malaysian government confirmed Tuesday that officials investigating the disappearance of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 were looking into an Australian company's claim to have located aircraft wreckage on the sea floor in the northern Bay of Bengal -- thousands of miles from the search area scanned meticulously for weeks to the south.

Australian land and sea survey company GeoResonance said in a statement sent Tuesday to CBS News that it had discovered materials "believe to be the wreckage of a commercial airliner" about 100 miles south of Bangladesh in the Bay of Bengal using proprietary technology which scans vast areas for specific metals or minerals.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #384 on: April 29, 2014, 03:34:30 PM »

When the March 8th sighting of Raja Latife is considered ... when the March 31st and April 15th submitted research reports of GeoResonance are considered and ... when a classified analysis of electronic and satellite data revealed by CNN on March 14th is considered ... why was the search for MH370 not extended to the Bay of Bengal long ago?

Janet

++++

Malaysia Airlines Flight 370: GeoResonance survey company says "wreckage of a commercial airliner" found
Apr 29, 2014

<snipped>

The Malaysian government confirmed Tuesday that officials investigating the disappearance of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 were looking into an Australian company's claim to have located aircraft wreckage on the sea floor in the northern Bay of Bengal -- thousands of miles from the search area scanned meticulously for weeks to the south.

Australian land and sea survey company GeoResonance said in a statement sent Tuesday to CBS News that it had discovered materials "believe to be the wreckage of a commercial airliner" about 100 miles south of Bangladesh in the Bay of Bengal using proprietary technology which scans vast areas for specific metals or minerals.

<snipped>

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/malaysia-airlines-flight-370-georesonance-wreckage-of-a-commercial-airliner-found/

H/T - Grace

CNN Exclusive: Analysis shows two possible Indian Ocean paths for airliner
March 14, 2014

<snipped>

The revelation comes as CNN has learned that a classified analysis of electronic and satellite data suggests the flight likely crashed either in the Bay of Bengal or elsewhere in the Indian Ocean.

<snipped>

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/14/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane/

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #385 on: April 29, 2014, 03:41:22 PM »

Neither the South or North Indian Ocean locations makes sense to me.  If the Malaysian pilot's intention was to crash the airliner into the ocean ... killing himself, passengers and crew ... why not just do the deed in the South China Sea somewhere on the flight path to Beijing rather than flying across the Malaysian peninsula attempting to avoid detection.

Nevertheless ... I will lay my Diego Garcia theory to rest ... my Diego Garcia theory that implies the pilot was on a targeted mission ... "IF" concrete evidence is forthcoming to the contrary. I will then concede that the reports of Maltive witnesses who allegedly observed a low flying jet headed towards Diego Garcia was a hoax meant to obstruct the search.  Until then ....

_____

theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #386 on: April 29, 2014, 04:02:57 PM »

I have said from the beginning that the clue to why the plane went off course may be linked to the people on it. We have not heard a lot about the real deal on the 20 senior staff from one company that specializes in techo war items were on ONE plane. Many companies have prohibitions on so many top people on one plane.

http://macedoniaonline.eu/content/view/24972/56/

Rothschild inherits Patent after 4 co-owners disappear on MH 370 Flight

Why were so many Freescale employees traveling together? What were their jobs. Were they on a mission and if so what was this mission? Can these employees be the cause of the disappearance of this plane? Could the plane have been then hijacked and these people kidnapped? Did these employees hold valuable information, did they have any valuable cargo with them? Did they know company and technological secrets? With all the might of technology why cant this plane be located? Where is this plane where are these people?”

The 20 Freescale employees, among 239 people on flight MH370, were mostly engineers and other experts working to make the company’s chip facilities in Tianjin, China, and Kuala Lumpur more efficient, said Mitch Haws, vice president, global communications and investor relations.

“These were people with a lot of experience and technical background and they were very important people,” Haws said. “It’s definitely a loss for the company.”

It also owns Freescale RF which is involved in creating solutions for Aerospace and Defence listed below.

1. Battlefield communication

2. Avionics

3. HF Radar – Band L- and S-

4. Missile Guidance

5. Electronic Warfare

6. Identification, friend or foe (IFF)

Freescale’s shareholders include the Carlyle Group of private equity investors whose past advisers have included ex-US president George Bush Sr and former British Prime Minister John Major.

Carlyle’s previous heavyweight clients include the Saudi Binladin Group, the construction firm owned by the family of Osama bin Laden.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #387 on: April 29, 2014, 04:08:35 PM »

The following words of David Pope and ... the CNN article of March 14th cause me to think that maybe ... just maybe ... the families of the passenger/crew of MH370 may be about to be afforded with a measure of closure regarding their loved ones.

+++++

May have found missing MH370 in Bay of Bengal, claims Aus exploration company
April 29, 2014

<snipped>

Pope said GeoResonance compared their findings with images taken on March 5, three days before MH370 went missing, and did not find what they had detected at the spot.

“The wreckage wasn’t there prior to the disappearance of MH370. We’re not trying to say it definitely is MH370. However, it is a lead we feel should be followed up,” said Pope.

<snipped>

http://indianexpress.com/article/world/asia/may-have-found-missing-mh370-in-bay-of-bengal-claims-aus-exploration-company/

March 14, 2014

<snipped>

The revelation comes as CNN has learned that a classified analysis of electronic and satellite data suggests the flight likely crashed either in the Bay of Bengal or elsewhere in the Indian Ocean.

<snipped>

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #388 on: April 29, 2014, 04:11:12 PM »

I have said from the beginning that the clue to why the plane went off course may be linked to the people on it. We have not heard a lot about the real deal on the 20 senior staff from one company that specializes in techo war items were on ONE plane. Many companies have prohibitions on so many top people on one plane.

http://macedoniaonline.eu/content/view/24972/56/

Rothschild inherits Patent after 4 co-owners disappear on MH 370 Flight

Why were so many Freescale employees traveling together? What were their jobs. Were they on a mission and if so what was this mission? Can these employees be the cause of the disappearance of this plane? Could the plane have been then hijacked and these people kidnapped? Did these employees hold valuable information, did they have any valuable cargo with them? Did they know company and technological secrets? With all the might of technology why cant this plane be located? Where is this plane where are these people?”

The 20 Freescale employees, among 239 people on flight MH370, were mostly engineers and other experts working to make the company’s chip facilities in Tianjin, China, and Kuala Lumpur more efficient, said Mitch Haws, vice president, global communications and investor relations.

“These were people with a lot of experience and technical background and they were very important people,” Haws said. “It’s definitely a loss for the company.”

It also owns Freescale RF which is involved in creating solutions for Aerospace and Defence listed below.

1. Battlefield communication

2. Avionics

3. HF Radar – Band L- and S-

4. Missile Guidance

5. Electronic Warfare

6. Identification, friend or foe (IFF)

Freescale’s shareholders include the Carlyle Group of private equity investors whose past advisers have included ex-US president George Bush Sr and former British Prime Minister John Major.

Carlyle’s previous heavyweight clients include the Saudi Binladin Group, the construction firm owned by the family of Osama bin Laden.

The disappearance of this jumbo jet is beyond mysterious.  It is wide open to speculations.

Janet

_____

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #389 on: April 30, 2014, 12:01:15 AM »

http://www.jacc.gov.au/media/releases/2014/april/mr041.aspx

Joint Agency Coordination Centre
Search for MH370 to enter new phase
Media Release
30 April 2014—am

The search for missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 is commencing a new phase and will transition over the coming weeks to an intensified undersea search.

In the meantime Bluefin-21, which has completed its search of the 314 square kilometre area around the detections made by the Towed Pinger Locator, will continue to search adjacent areas.

Mission 17 will commence when weather conditions improve allowing Bluefin-21 to be safely launched from Australian Defence Vessel Ocean Shield.

Ocean Shield will remain on station supporting Bluefin-21 search activity.

Over the coming days the vessels that remain on standby for the search will transition to and from the search area.

A Royal Australian Air Force AP-3C Orion also remains on standby in Perth.

Other vessels and aircraft that have been engaged in the surface and aerial search will now transition to their respective national tasking in the coming days.

Any further information will be made public if, and when, it becomes available.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #390 on: April 30, 2014, 01:02:07 PM »

Malaysia probes claim that Australian firm ‘found MH370 in Bay of Bengal’
Wednesday, 30 April, 2014

Malaysia said last night it was investigating a claim by an Australian firm that it had potentially discovered the wreckage of flight MH370 - some 5,000 kilometres from where search teams have been focusing their efforts.

Acting Transport Minister Hishammuddin Hussein said Malaysia was working to "assess the credibility of this information", after the company said it had identified in the ocean chemical elements used in the construction of aircraft.

GeoResonance told Australia's 7News that it had used hi-tech equipment to scan more than two million square kilometres of ocean before identifying an area in the Bay of Bengal containing "aluminium, titanium, copper, steel alloys and other materials".

The company's David Pope said the team had been "very excited when we found what we believe to be the wreckage of a commercial airliner".

He said the team then verified its findings by analysing images of the area taken three days prior to the crash.

"The wreckage wasn't there prior to the disappearance of MH370," Pope told 7News.

The GeoResonance website states the firm can "detect the nuclei of targeted substances" at depths of up to 5,000 metres.

<snipped>

http://www.scmp.com/news/asia/article/1500128/malaysia-probes-report-australian-firm-has-found-mh370

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #391 on: April 30, 2014, 01:11:15 PM »

Navy scouring Bay of Bengal again for MH370 after GeoResonance claim
2014-04-30

Two ships – BNS Bangabandhu and BNS Anusandhan – began scouring the sea from Tuesday night, Navy Director (Intelligence) Commodore Rashid Ali told bdnews24.com on Wednesday.

Geophysical survey company GeoResonance on Monday said it had spotted pieces of wreckage in the Bay of Bengal and that it should be investigated as potential debris from the Malaysian plane.

But the present search coordinators have dismissed the claim.

The Joint Agency Coordination Centre (JACC), which is managing the multinational search, said it continued to believe that the plane had come down in the southern Indian Ocean off Australia.

Bangladesh Navy resumed search operation after the media ran reports on the GeoResonance claim.

The Navy’s two frigates and two maritime aircrafts had earlier scoured the Bay of Bengal, joining the multinational search, six days after the plane went missing.

But after a 12-day-long search, they returned empty handed.

<snipped>

http://bdnews24.com/bangladesh/2014/04/30/navy-scouring-bay-of-bengal-again-for-mh370-after-georesonance-claim

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #392 on: April 30, 2014, 01:13:15 PM »

The following words of David Pope and ... the CNN article of March 14th cause me to think that maybe ... just maybe ... the families of the passenger/crew of MH370 may be about to be afforded with a measure of closure regarding their loved ones.  Maybe not.

+++++

May have found missing MH370 in Bay of Bengal, claims Aus exploration company
April 29, 2014

<snipped>

Pope said GeoResonance compared their findings with images taken on March 5, three days before MH370 went missing, and did not find what they had detected at the spot.

“The wreckage wasn’t there prior to the disappearance of MH370. We’re not trying to say it definitely is MH370. However, it is a lead we feel should be followed up,” said Pope.

<snipped>

http://indianexpress.com/article/world/asia/may-have-found-missing-mh370-in-bay-of-bengal-claims-aus-exploration-company/

March 14, 2014

<snipped>

<snipped>

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #393 on: April 30, 2014, 03:04:51 PM »

When it is considered that an executive from Inmarsat is unable to confirm with certainty the direction taken by MH370 once it reached the Indian Ocean and ... when it is considered that the Australian Air Force P-3 Orion cannot confirm with certainty that the detected four pings originated from the missing Malaysian airliner ... why is there a reluctance to send a ship to the Bay of Bengal to search the area indentified by GeoResonance?

+++++

Experts, relatives ask: Where's the proof that MH370 fell into ocean?
updated 8:23 AM EDT, Tue March 25, 2014

AN EXECUTIVE FROM INMARSAT, the British company that carried out the satellite analysis, said the route into the southern Indian Ocean was the "best fit" with the pings received from the plane.

"The most likely route is the south, and the most likely ending in roughly the area where they're looking now," Chris McLaughlin, a senior vice president at the company, told CNN's Wolf Blitzer.

"But, of course, nothing is final," he said. "We're not earth observation satellites, we're data satellites. So it will require a lot of different skills, a lot of different people, not least the naked eye, to finally confirm what happened to 370."

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/25/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane-reaction/index.html?hpt=bosread

MH370: Sub searches for plane, again, as families fume
April 16, 2014

Australian search officials had said they picked up "possible signals" from a man-made source more than a week ago and those signals have now stopped. THE AUSTRALIAN AIR FORCE P-3 ORION, which has been dropping sonar buoys into the water near where the sounds were picked up four times, have not verified the pings as coming from Malaysia Airlines Flight 370.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2014/04/16/bluefin-malaysia-airlines-flight-370/7770049/

_____

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #394 on: April 30, 2014, 04:07:26 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/malaysia-airlines-flight-370-investigation-report-to-be-released-7-weeks-after-jet-disappeared/

April 30, 2014, 12:29 PM
Malaysia to release investigation report 7 weeks after jet disappeared

KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia -- Malaysia says it will release a preliminary report of its investigation into Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 on Thursday, more than seven weeks after the plane vanished with 239 people on board.

Defense Minister Hishammuddin Hussein said the report will be similar to the one the government sent to the International Civil Aviation Organization.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #395 on: April 30, 2014, 06:12:42 PM »

Malaysia probes claim that Australian firm ‘found MH370 in Bay of Bengal’
Wednesday, 30 April, 2014

Malaysia said last night it was investigating a claim by an Australian firm that it had potentially discovered the wreckage of flight MH370 - some 5,000 kilometres from where search teams have been focusing their efforts.

Acting Transport Minister Hishammuddin Hussein said Malaysia was working to "assess the credibility of this information", after the company said it had identified in the ocean chemical elements used in the construction of aircraft.

GeoResonance told Australia's 7News that it had used hi-tech equipment to scan more than two million square kilometres of ocean before identifying an area in the Bay of Bengal containing "aluminium, titanium, copper, steel alloys and other materials".

The company's David Pope said the team had been "very excited when we found what we believe to be the wreckage of a commercial airliner".

He said the team then verified its findings by analysing images of the area taken three days prior to the crash.

"The wreckage wasn't there prior to the disappearance of MH370," Pope told 7News.

The GeoResonance website states the firm can "detect the nuclei of targeted substances" at depths of up to 5,000 metres.

<snipped>

http://www.scmp.com/news/asia/article/1500128/malaysia-probes-report-australian-firm-has-found-mh370

A CONNECTION?

The comment section of these Bangladesh articles question whether these unidentified bodies that are washing up on shore are from the missing Malaysian airliner.

Janet

+++++++

Unidentified corpses in Meghna
16 Mar 2014 23:03 BdST

http://bdnews24.com/bangladesh/2014/03/16/unidentified-corpses-in-meghna

2 corpses found in Noakhali
17 Mar 201
http://bdnews24.com/bangladesh/2014/03/17/2-corpses-found-in-noakhali

2 corpses recovered from Meghna
17 Mar 2014 18:03 BdST

http://bdnews24.com/bangladesh/2014/03/17/2-corpses-recovered-from-meghna

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #396 on: April 30, 2014, 06:45:18 PM »

March 14, 2014

<snipped>

<snipped>

Three days following CNN reporting that the Bay of Bengal was determined through  electronic and satellite data analysis to be a possible site where MH370 crashed THE STAR reported that over 20 unidentified bodies had wash up onto Bengal Bay shores.  Was this reported on any of the major networks of the free world (American/ British/ Canadian/ Australia)?  I don't think so.

What is going on!  Is there a reason that the "powers that be" do not want this plane found.  What was in its cargo?

Janet

+++++

Missing MH370: Bodies found near Bay of Bengal not from MAS flight, says Bangladesh official
Monday March 17, 2014

PETALING JAYA: A news portal report suggesting that bodies found near the Bay of Bengal last weekend were from missing Malaysia Airlines (MAS) flight MH370 is mere speculation, a Bangladesh High Commission official here said.

The mission’s defence attaché, Air Cdre M. Abul Bashar, said his country’s navy was aware of the discovery of the bodies.

However, the bodies were of Bangladesh nationals and not from flight MH370, he said when contacted Monday.

News portal tazakhobor.com reported Sunday that fishermen and locals had found at least 20 unidentified bodies floating along the Meghna River at the mouth of the Bay of Bengal.

Pictures of the bodies taken by locals were uploaded to the site. According to the portal, it was presumed that these individuals had died several days earlier and identification was made difficult due to the bodies’ state of decomposition.

The portal also suggested that the bodies came from flight MH370.

However, the river is notorious for ferry accidents that claim a few hundred lives every year.

Bangladeshi authorities are currently working with Malaysia to locate the missing airliner, after appeals by Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak to his Bangladeshi counterpart Sheikh Hasina.

<snipped>

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2014/03/17/Missing-flight-MH370-bodies-Bay-of-Bengal-Bangladesh/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #397 on: April 30, 2014, 07:18:22 PM »

Think about it.  On March 24th when Prime Minister Najib Razak and airline representatives met with relatives .... it was known that bodies had washed up on the shores of the Bay of Bengal ... the Bay of Bengal where it was deemed through electronic and satellite data analysis to be another area that the lost airliner may have gone down.

+++++

MARCH 24, 2014

Malaysia prime minister: Flight 'ended in the southern Indian Ocean'
March 24, 2014

BEIJING -- A grim-faced Malaysian prime minister had an emergency late-night news conference Monday, saying that the long-missing Malaysia Airlines flight 370 “ended in the southern Indian Ocean” with no hope of survivors.

Najib Razak said his conclusion was based on new data from the British satellite company Inmarsat, identifying the last known location of the flight as southwest of Perth, Australia.

"This is a remote location far from any possible landing sites. It is therefore with deep sadness and regret that I must inform you, that according to this new data, flight MH 370 ended in the southern Indian Ocean,’’ he said delivering his brief statement at the news conference in Kuala Lumpur.

http://www.latimes.com/world/worldnow/la-fg-wn-malaysia-plane-prime-miniter-20140324,0,3702204.story#axzz2zqswtSm4

Malaysia Flight 370: Prime Minister tells relatives “all lives are lost”
March 24, 2014

(CNN) — Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 went down over the southern Indian Ocean, Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak said Monday, citing a new analysis of satellite data by a British satellite company and accident investigators.

The announcement appeared to rule out the possibility that anyone could have survived whatever happened to the aircraft, which vanished more than two weeks ago with 239 people aboard.

As Razak spoke, airline representatives met with family members in Beijing.

“They have told us all lives are lost,” one relative of a missing passenger told CNN.

http://fox2now.com/2014/03/24/malaysia-flight-370-prime-minister-tells-relatives-all-lives-are-lost/

_____

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #398 on: April 30, 2014, 09:01:54 PM »

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/costs-soar-as-mh370-search-drags-on-with-us-poised-to-pass-the-buck/article18336705/

U.S. begins to back away from soaring MH370 search costs 
MATT SIEGEL
SYDNEY — Reuters
Published Wednesday, Apr. 30 2014, 9:58 AM EDT
Last updated Wednesday, Apr. 30 2014, 2:26 PM EDT

But despite U.S. President Barack Obama publicly promising to commit more assets, the United States appears keen to begin passing on the costs of providing sophisticated sonar equipment that will form the backbone of the expanded hunt.

That means Australia, China and Malaysia – the countries most closely involved in the operation – look set to bear the financial and logistical burden of a potentially lengthy and expensive search.

“We’re already at tens of millions. Is it worth hundreds of millions?” a senior U.S. defense official told Reuters last week. “I don’t know. That’s for them to decide.”

He made it clear that Washington was intent on spending less from now on, making it the first major donor country to scale back its financial commitment to the search.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #399 on: April 30, 2014, 09:04:44 PM »

Streaming coverage

http://stream.wsj.com/story/malaysia-airlines-flight-370/SS-2-475558/

11 HRs ago   Update
U.K.’s Royal Navy Withdraws From Search for Missing MH370

By Nicholas Winning

LONDON–Britain said on Wednesday that its Royal Navy has withdrawn from the search for missing Malaysia Airlines  flight MH370 but remained ready to provide further assistance as needed.

The British defense ministry said last Friday that its submarine HMS Tireless had withdrawn from the search and Royal Navy survey ship HMS Echo was returning to port to replenish supplies, where it would await further orders. Both vessels have now been stood down, it said on Wednesday.

The vessels were searching for the signal from the black box of the Boeing 777, which disappeared on March 8 with 239 people on board triggering an international search effort in the southern Indian Ocean that has yet to yield any results. Australian authorities have decided there is no prospect of further acoustic detection of the black box.

“The search for the black-box signal has been an extremely challenging operation and, while we all hoped for a faster and more conclusive result, I am very proud of the contribution British forces have been able to make,” Defense Secretary Philip Hammond said. “The operation is now moving into a new phase, requiring different capabilities.”
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.