April 19, 2024, 02:53:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Malaysia Airlines 777 Flight MH370 - Missing - March 7, 2014  (Read 777448 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #360 on: April 28, 2014, 01:12:11 PM »

April 28, 2014, 9:53 a.m. EDT
Australia gives up hope of finding MH 370 for now

<snipped>

The failure of the initial underwater search to find any trace of the plane has left Australian officials with no fresh leads. The batteries on the plane's "black-box" beacons are long dead. A lengthy and costly air-and-ship search of the ocean's surface has dredged up only random flotsam, such as discarded fishing nets.

Underlining that the search relies heavily on educated guesswork, Australia has asked Malaysian investigators to take a new look at radar and satellite data. ...

In Malaysia, the absence of any tangible evidence of where the plane went down, such as debris, has meant some relatives have held out hope the plane didn't crash in the ocean. "Maybe it is time for the government to rethink where the search should be," said Selamat Omar, whose son Mohammed Khairul Amri Selamat was a passenger. "Look for the plane on land."

<snipped>

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/australia-gives-up-hope-of-finding-mh-370-wreckage-2014-04-28?link=MW_latest_news

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #361 on: April 28, 2014, 01:21:14 PM »

AN UPDATED THEORY

The MH370 Cover Up?

A suicide mission without a spiritual purpose? I don't think so. Why would the Malaysian pilot fly for over seven hours attempting to avoid detection only to crash MH370 into the Southern Indian Ocean? Think about it. The pilot could have accomplished the deed with no preparation.  He could have ditched the plane into the South China Sea somewhere on the flight path between Malaysia and Beijing?

Could it be that the Malaysian pilot was on a mission in the name of Allah?  Could it be that his actions had a spiritual purpose when he turned that plane around and headed west across the Malaysian Peninsula towards the Indian Ocean and ... then continued west to the Maltives Islands and ... then turned south toward Diego Garcia.

Could it be that the Malaysian pilot crashed MH370 into a strategic target on Diego Garcia or ... was MH370 shot down over the island by the US Military when it was realized an attack was imminent?

Could it be that that Britain/US and Malaysia have respective underlying political reasons to distract the world's attention away from Diego Garcia as the location where MH370 came out of the skies on the morning of March 8, 2014?

Think about it. Diego Garcia ... a US military base in the middle of the Indian Ocean leased from Britain ... has reportedly served as a base for launching/refuelling planes that were heading to Middle East conflicts. It has also been reported that Diego Garcia served as a detention centre for the purpose of interrogating suspected Islamic terrorists prior to being transferred to Guantanamo Bay.

Think about it. Malaysian defence failed to intercept an unidentified/unscheduled aircraft flying west over the Malaysian Peninsula during the early hours of March 8, 2014.

Could it be that respective searches for MH370 in the South China Sea and the South Indian Ocean have been an attempt by Britain/US to divert world attention from a top secret US Military base in the Indian Ocean?  Also ... could those searches have been an attempt by Malaysia to distract from a government sanctioned a mini 9/11 attempt?

Could it be that the Malaysian pilot had planned and practised on his flight simulator how he would reach Diego Garcia undetected with the intent of crashing MH370 into a strategic target on the Island thus hindering the anti-Islam objectives of the top secret US military base?

Could it be that in the early morning hours of March 8, 2014 the Malaysian pilot asphyxiated all passengers/crew on board when he ascended to and stayed at a maximum altitude for over twenty minutes prior to making his westerly turn from the South China Sea? Could it be that the pilot was privy to an oxygen supply inside his locked cockpit?

Could it be that the pilot failed to consider the possibility that residents of Kuda Huvadhoo in Dhaal Atoll in the Maldives would observed a low-flying jumbo jet flying over the Island  around 6:30 Am on the morning of March 8, 2014?

CONSIDERING THE LACK OF ANY OCEAN EVIDENCE ... could it be that MH370 either crashed into a targeted strategical location on Diego Garcia or was the plane defensively  shot down when it entered the air space over a top secret US Military base?

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #362 on: April 28, 2014, 01:23:11 PM »

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #363 on: April 28, 2014, 02:07:40 PM »

MH370 Tragedy: Transcript of Press Conference by Australian PM Tony Abbott
8 April 2014

Tony Abbott: It's good to be here with Air Chief Marshal Angus Houston who has been coordinating our search activities in Perth.

<snipped>

Question: On the photos?

Tony Abbott: Angus might like to deal with that.

Angus Houston: We have not found—as the Prime Minister said, we haven't found anything anywhere that has any connection to MH370, and that includes the satellite imagery.

<snipped>

http://www.nst.com.my/latest/font-color-red-mh370-tragedy-font-transcript-of-press-conference-by-australian-pm-tony-abbott-1.581567

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #364 on: April 28, 2014, 02:09:37 PM »

SELF-EDIT

8 April 2014  s/b  28 April 2014

_____

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #365 on: April 28, 2014, 03:00:29 PM »

To read the entire article, copy & paste the title using google and find and click on it to read it.  It's an interesting/informative article imo.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702303939404579529502465636382?mg=reno64-wsj&url=http%3A%2F%2Fonline.wsj.com%2Farticle%2FSB10001424052702303939404579529502465636382.html

Expanded Search Area for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Not Just Larger but Deeper
April 28, 2014 9:36 a.m. ET

On Monday, Mr. Abbott had a more sobering message. An initial underwater search of 400 square kilometers (154 square miles) around where the Australian naval ship Ocean Shield detected the electronic signals hadn't found any trace of the plane—the latest disappointment in a 52-day search littered with false leads.

As a result, the operation was refocusing on an area equivalent to the size of the U.S. state of West Virginia, spanning some 60,000 square kilometers (23,000 square miles). Searchers who had hoped to find plane wreckage within days were now told it would take roughly eight months to scan the new area, possibly longer.

The new search area is not only vastly larger but also in most places believed to be far deeper than the area just explored, with ancient abyssal plains and remote plateaus about which scientists know relatively little.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #366 on: April 28, 2014, 03:27:10 PM »

Missing flight MH370 'found': Exploration company claims it may have located crashed passenger jet
Apr 28, 2014 16:04

A marine exploration company based in Australia claims it may have located the wreckage of Malaysia Airlines flight MH 370 - 3,000 miles away from where authorities have been looking.

The aircraft, carrying 227 passengers and 12 crew, left Kuala Lumpur International Airport at 12.41am on March 8 and disappeared from radar screens about an hour later, while over the South China Sea. It was due to have arrived in Beijing at 6.30am on the same day.

A multinational search was mounted for the plane and analysis by the UK Air Accidents Investigation Branch concluded that Flight MH370's last position was in the middle of the Indian Ocean, west of Perth, Australia - an outcome later backed by Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak.

However, According to Australian news Channel 7 News,  the Adelaide-based company GeoResonance says its own private research has identified elements on the ocean floor in the Bay of Bengal consistent with material from a plane.

GeoResonance’s search covered 2million sq km of the possible crash zone, using images obtained from satellites and aircraft.

Scientists focused their efforts north of MH370’s last known location, using more than 20 technologies to analyse the data including a nuclear reactor.

According to company spokesperson David Pope, “The technology that we use was originally designed to find nuclear warheads, submarines. Our team in the Ukraine decided we should try and help.”

GeoResonance experts compared their findings with images taken on March 5, three days before MH370 was reported missing – and they did not find what they had detected at that spot.

“The wreckage wasn’t there prior to the disappearance of MH370.

"We’re not trying to say that it definitely is MH370 - however, it is a lead we feel should be followed up,” said Pope.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/missing-flight-mh370-found-exploration-3470569

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #367 on: April 28, 2014, 03:42:31 PM »

Exploration company believes it may have found MH370
April 28, 2014, 6:31 pm

FIRST ON 7: An Adelaide-based exploration company believes it may have located the wreckage of Malaysia Airlines flight MH370, 5000km away from where authorities have been looking.

The company, GeoResonance, says its research has identified elements on the ocean floor consistent with material from a plane.

Six weeks have now passed since the plane disappeared and extensive searches in the Indian Ocean have failed to locate any wreckage.

Today, Prime Minister Tony Abbott admitted the chance of finding debris on the surface is slim to none.

<snipped>

He said efforts will not focus on the ocean floor, but GeoResonance believes authorities have been looking in the wrong place.

It started its own search for the missing aircraft on March 10.

“The technology that we use was originally designed to find nuclear warheads, submarines… our team in the Ukraine decided we should try and help,” David Pope from GeoResonance said.

The company surveyed over 2,000,000 square kilometres of the possible crash zone, using images obtained from satellites and aircraft.

Scientists focused their efforts north of the flight’s last known location, using over 20 technologies to analyse the data including a nuclear reactor.

They could not believe what they found in the Bay of Bengal.

“Our team was very excited when we found what we believe to be the wreckage of a commercial airliner,” Mr Pope said.

Pavel Kursa from GeoResonance told 7News: “We identified chemical elements and materials that make up a Boeing 777… these are aluminium, titanium, copper, steel alloys and other materials.”

An initial report was sent to authorities while the black box still had two weeks of battery power.

The team then verified its findings by analysing images from the same area on March 5, three days before the plane disappeared.

“The wreckage wasn’t there prior to the disappearance of MH370,” Mr Pope said.

The full report was delivered on April 15.

“We’re not trying to say that it definitely is MH370, however it is a lead we feel should be followed up,” Mr Pope told 7News.

7News tried to contact the office of search co-coordinator Angus Houston today but there was no response.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/sa/a/23036893/exploration-company-believes-it-may-have-found-mh370/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #368 on: April 28, 2014, 03:57:31 PM »

The major on-line networks have yet to report this breaking news ... breaking news that has yet to be confirmed.  I have CNN on in the background.  Nothing.

Janet

++++

MH370: Australian exploration company believes it may have found plane
Published: Monday April 28, 2014 MYT 9:34:00 PM
Updated: Monday April 28, 2014 MYT 10:11:22 PM

PETALING JAYA: An Australian exploration company has claimed that it has found the wreckage of missing Malaysia Airlines (MAS) flight MH370, six weeks after it left Kuala Lumpur International Airport for Beijing on March 8

Adelaide-based GeoResonance said on Monday that stated that it had begun its own search for the missing Boeing 777 March 10 and that it has detected possible wreckage in the Bay of Bengal, 5000km away from the current search location in the southern Indian Ocean off Perth.

GeoResonance’s search covered 2,000,000 square kilometres of the possible crash zone, using images obtained from satellites and aircraft, with company scientists focusing their efforts north of MH370’s last known location, using over 20 technologies to analyse the data including a nuclear reactor.

According to company spokesperson David Pope, “The technology that we use was originally designed to find nuclear warheads, submarines. Our team in the Ukraine decided we should try and help.”

Pope added GeoResonance had compared their findings with images taken on March 5, three days before MH370 was reported missing – and they did not find what they had detected at that spot.

“The wreckage wasn’t there prior to the disappearance of MH370. We’re not trying to say that it definitely is MH370, however it is a lead we feel should be followed up,” said Pope.

Meanwhile, another GeoResonance spokesperson, Pavel Kursa added that several elements found in commercial airliners was detected at the Bay of Bengal spot.

“We identified chemical elements and materials that make up a Boeing 777 … these are aluminium, titanium, copper, steel alloys and other materials,” said Kursa in a statement reported by Australian news channel 7News.

<snipped>

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2014/04/28/MH370-Australian-exploration-company/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #369 on: April 28, 2014, 03:59:59 PM »

BACKGROUND IN A NUTSHELL

MH370: Australian exploration company believes it may have found plane
Published: Monday April 28, 2014 MYT 9:34:00 PM
Updated: Monday April 28, 2014 MYT 10:11:22 PM

<snipped>

MH370, carrying 227 passengers and 12 crew, left the KL International Airport at 12.41am on March 8 and disappeared from radar screens about an hour later, while over the South China Sea. It was to have arrived in Beijing at 6.30am on the same day.

A multinational search was mounted for the aircraft, first in the South China Sea and then, after it was learned that the plane had veered off course, along two corridors – the northern corridor stretching from the border of Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan to northern Thailand and the southern corridor, from Indonesia to the southern Indian Ocean.

Following an unprecedented type of analysis of satellite data, United Kingdom satellite telecommunications company Inmarsat and the UK Air Accidents Investigation Branch concluded that Flight MH370 flew along the southern corridor, and that its last position was in the middle of the Indian Ocean, west of Perth.

Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak then announced on March 24 – 17 days after the disappearance of the aircraft – that Flight MH370 had “ended in the southern Indian ocean”

<snipped>

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2014/04/28/MH370-Australian-exploration-company/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #370 on: April 28, 2014, 04:35:23 PM »

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #371 on: April 28, 2014, 07:14:59 PM »

On March 15th it was reported that MH370 could have gone down in the Bay of Bengal OR the Southern Indian Ocean.  Could it be that the conclusion of "United Kingdom satellite telecommunications company Inmarsat and the UK Air Accidents Investigation Branch" that MH370 crashed into the Southern Indian Ocean was faulty while an April 15th report submitted by a little known Australian exploration company figured it out?

Today's "breaking news" has yet to be reported on the major networks.  Why?  The debris that washed onto an Australian beach received more media attention.

Janet

++++

MH370 may be in Bengal Bay or Indian Ocean, classified intel suggests
MARCH 15, 2014

KUALA LUMPUR, March 15 ― Missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 could have gone down in the Bay of Bengal or the Indian Ocean, a classified analysis of electronic and satellite data by the United States and Malaysian governments indicated.

A report by news service CNN said both governments' analyses used radar data and satellite signals to calculate that the plane diverted to the west, across peninsular Malaysia, and then either flew in a northwest direction toward the Bay of Bengal or southwest into the Indian Ocean.

<snipped>

http://www.themalaymailonline.com/malaysia/article/mh370-may-be-in-bengal-bay-or-indian-ocean-classified-intel-suggests

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #372 on: April 28, 2014, 08:50:29 PM »

Gulf of Thailand?  The Bay of Bengal?

Pilot claims to have found image of missing MH370
April 29, 2014, 7:50 am

A US pilot believes he has found an image of the wreckage of missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370.

Six weeks have now passed since the plane disappeared and extensive searches in the Indian Ocean have failed to locate any wreckage.

New York pilot Michael Hoebel, 60, believes he found an image of what appears to be the wreck of the missing passenger jet in the Gulf of Thailand, which is where the Boeing 777 made its last communication with air traffic authorities on the morning of March 8.
“I was taken aback because I couldn’t believe I would find this,” Hoebel told a local TV news channel after spotting debris he believes perfectly matches the dimensions of the missing plane.

He said he spent hours trawling through thousands of images on TomNod, a crowd-sourcing website that has been sharing online satllite imagery in the hope of finding clues.

When he was asked whether it could have been an image of a shark, Hoebel responded:

"That's a 210ft shark."

"The lighter skin where the wing attaches to the fuselage - you see that lighter skin."

The development comes as an Adelaide-based exploration company announced that it may have located the wreckage of Malaysia Airlines flight MH370, 5000km away from where authorities have been looking.

The company surveyed over 2,000,000 square kilometres of the possible crash zone, using images obtained from satellites and aircraft.

Scientists focused their efforts north of the flight’s last known location, using over 20 technologies to analyse the data including a nuclear reactor.

They could not believe what they found in the Bay of Bengal.

“Our team was very excited when we found what we believe to be the wreckage of a commercial airliner,” Mr Pope said.

Pavel Kursa from GeoResonance told 7News: “We identified chemical elements and materials that make up a Boeing 777… these are aluminium, titanium, copper, steel alloys and other materials.”

An initial report was sent to authorities while the black box still had two weeks of battery power.

The team then verified its findings by analysing images from the same area on March 5, three days before the plane disappeared.

“The wreckage wasn’t there prior to the disappearance of MH370,” Mr Pope said.

The full report was delivered on April 15.

<snipped>

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/23053697/pilot-claims-to-have-found-image-of-missing-mh370/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #373 on: April 28, 2014, 09:13:39 PM »

GULF OF THAILAND - MARCH 13, 2014

Oil rig worker says he saw Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 burst into flames
MARCH 13, 2014 4:30PM

IN what could be the last chilling sighting of missing Flight MH370, an oil rig worker believes he spotted the Malaysia Airlines jetliner burst into flames on Saturday morning.

New Zealander Mike McKay, who is working on a rig operating in the Gulf of Thailand, was so certain he saw the ill-fated flight on fire that he emailed his employers, urging them to pass the information onto authorities.

“Gentlemen. I believe I saw the Malaysian Airlines flight come down. The timing is right,” he wrote.

“I tried to contact Malaysian and Vietnamese officials days ago. But I do not know if the message has been received.

“I am on the oil ring Songa-Mercur off the coast of Vung Tau.

“The surface location of the observation is Lat 08 22’ 30.20” N Lat 108 42.22.26” E.

“I observed (the plane?) burning at high altitude at a compass bearing of 265* to 275*”

Mr McKay is working on the oil rig Songa Mercur off Vung Tau, on the south east coast of Vietnam. This would put the plane in the same general area where a Chinese satellite has spotted a suspected crash site.

In his email to his employers on March 12 he claims he saw flames in the sky which quickly extinguished.

“From when I first saw the burning (plane) until the flames went out (still at high altitude) was 10-15 seconds. There was no lateral movement, so it was either coming toward our location, stationary, or going away from our location,” he wrote.

“The general position of the observation was perpendicular/south west of the normal flight paths.”

“It is very difficult to judge the distance but I would say 50 to 70 kms along the compass bearing 260-277,” he wrote.

“The sea surface current at our location is 2-2.3 knots in the direction of 225-230.

“The wind direction has been E-ENE averaging 15-20 knots.

Mr McKay said the possible plane appeared to be in one piece.

“It is very difficult to judge the distance but I would say 50 to 70 kms along the compass bearing 260-277,” he wrote.

“The sea surface current at our location is 2-2.3 knots in the direction of 225-230.

“The wind direction has been E-ENE averaging 15-20 knots.

“(We see the con trails every day) and at a lower altitude than the normal flight paths or on the compass bearing 265 to 275 intersecting the normal flight paths at normal altitude but further away.”

Michael Jerome McKay signed off with “Good Luck”.

<snipped>

http://www.news.com.au/world/oil-rig-worker-says-he-saw-malaysia-airlines-flight-mh370-burst-into-flames/story-fndir2ev-1226853302184

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #374 on: April 28, 2014, 09:27:14 PM »

Japan to Pull Out of Search for Missing Malaysia Airlines Jet
Posted: Monday, April 28, 2014 12:32

Japan is to pull out of the hunt for the missing Malaysia Airlines flight, the country's defense minister said Monday.

“With regards to the mission, later today, there will be an order to end the operation,” Itsunori Onodera said as he visited with Japanese air crews in the western Australian city of Perth, where the search is being coordinated from.

“It is unfortunate that the plane has not been found but we feel that it was significant that we were able to actively support the international search and rescue operation,” he added.

The visit came just hours after Australia’s Prime Minister Tony Abbott admitted wreckage from missing MH370 may never been found. Officials also announced a new phase of the search would focus on a larger area of the Indian Ocean's floor.

<snipped>

http://kagstv.com/News/KAGSNews/ID/3644/Japan-to-Pull-Out-of-Search-for-Missing-Malaysia-Airlines-Jet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #375 on: April 28, 2014, 09:52:51 PM »

Flying low? Burning object? Ground witnesses claim they saw Flight 370
updated 8:49 AM EDT, Thu March 20, 2014

<snipped>

Sighting claim: Kota Bharu, Malaysia

In the middle of the night, two fishermen near the Malaysia-Thailand border saw a plane flying low over the South China Sea -- at the same time that air traffic controllers lost contact with Flight 370 over the same body of water, at 1:30 a.m. or almost 50 minutes after takeoff.

Fisherman Azid Ibrahim and a friend had taken people fishing that night off the coast of Kota Bharu.

"I was fishing when I saw the plane -- it looked strange. Flying low. I told my friend that's not normal. Normally, it flies at 35,000 feet. But that night it touched the clouds. I thought the pilot must be crazy," Ibrahim said.

"It was really low. I saw the lights they looked like the size of a coconut," he said.
Their fishing grounds lay under a flight path, but the predawn plane was unusual to see because of its low altitude, they said.

The fishermen filed a police report about their sighting, but Malaysian officials haven't commented.

Sighting claim: Oil rig off Vietnam

A New Zealand man working on an oil rig off Vietnam claimed he saw a burning object in the sky Saturday morning, hours after the plane had taken off.

Mike McKay of New Zealand was stationed on the Sona-Mercur oil rig on seas about 186 miles southeast of Vung Tau, a coastal Vietnamese town outside Ho Chi Minh City, according to CNN affiliate Radio New Zealand.

McKay wrote of his sighting in an e-mail, the news outlet said.

"Gentlemen. I believe I saw the Malaysian Airlines flight come down. The timing is right. I tried to contact Malaysian and Vietnamese officials several days ago. But I do not know if the message has been received," he wrote last week. "I observed the plane burning at high altitude at a compass bearing of 265 to 275 degrees from our surface location.

"While I observed (the plane) it appeared to be in one piece. From when I first saw the burning (plane?) until the flames went out (at high altitude) was 10-15 seconds. There was no lateral movement so it was either coming toward our position stationary (falling) or going away from our location. The general position of the observation was perpendicular/south-west of the normal flight path and at a lower altitude than the normal flight paths," he wrote.

In fact, Vietnamese authorities dispatched aircraft last week to search for the plane, in response to McKay's report, the affiliate reported.

When the Vietnamese navy sent a plane to conduct a search, it found nothing, ABC News reported. Vietnamese naval officer Le Minh Thanh told that network that the plane investigated the area cited by McKay, but the search came up empty.

Sighting claim: Maldives atoll

On a remote island in the Maldives, residents claimed they saw a "low flying jumbo jet" the same morning that the Malaysia plane disappeared, according to the website of the Maldivian news outlet Haveeru.

Residents on the isle of Kuda Huvadhoo in the Dhaalu Atoll gave a description that matched the commercial airliners: white with red stripes, according to the news outlet.

"I've never seen a jet flying so low over our island before. We've seen seaplanes, but I'm sure that this was not one of those. I could even make out the doors on the plane clearly," an unidentified eyewitness said, according to Haveeru. "It's not just me either, several other residents have reported seeing the exact same thing. Some people got out of their houses to see what was causing the tremendous noise too."

These claims, published in a story Tuesday, were dismissed by Malaysian officials.

The Maldives coast guard told CNN it had no reports of such sightings and had not even been requested to conduct a search.

The acting Malaysian transport minister also declared the reports false.

"I can confirm that the Malaysian Chief of the Defense Force has contacted his counterpart in the Maldives, who has confirmed that these reports are not true," Minister Hishammuddin Hussein said at a press conference.

The Maldives Ministry of Defense and National Security also confirmed that their radar systems and surveillance mechanisms show no indication of the missing plane.

<snipped>

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/19/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane-ground-witnesses/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #376 on: April 29, 2014, 11:02:13 AM »

The Bay of Bengal Flip Flop?

MARCH 14, 2014

CNN Exclusive: Analysis shows two possible Indian Ocean paths for airliner
March 14, 2014

<snipped>

The revelation comes as CNN has learned that a classified analysis of electronic and satellite data suggests the flight likely crashed either in the Bay of Bengal or elsewhere in the Indian Ocean.

<snipped>

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/14/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane/

APRIL 29, 2014

Searchers dispute company's claim that it may have found aircraft wreckage
April 29, 2014

<snipped>

Near Perth, Australia (CNN) -- A private company declared that it has found what it believes is wreckage of a plane in the ocean, but leaders of the search for the missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 are dismissing the claim.

The reasons for the skepticism are obvious -- the site where GeoResonance says it found the wreckage, in the Bay of Bengal, is several thousand miles away from the current search area in the southern Indian Ocean.

<snipped>

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/29/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #377 on: April 29, 2014, 11:38:34 AM »

Food for Thought

MARCH 21, 2014

Housewife: I spotted plane in Indian Ocean
Mar 21, 2014

A housewife from Johor has claimed she may have spotted the missing MAS Boeing 777-200ER aircraft partly submerged in the waters off Andaman islands on March 8, when she was on a flight back from Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.

Raja Dalelah Raja Latife, 53, saw a "silvery object" that upon closer examination "looked like the tail and wing of an aircraft" in the water, The Star today quotes her as saying.

Raja Dalelah noted that in-flight monitors indicated that she was then flying over the Indian Ocean, and that the plane and had just passed the South Indian city of Chennai.

The mother of 10 left Jeddah at 12.30am, Malaysian time, on March 8 and said she spotted the object at 2.30pm.

But, she added, she only realised that she may have spotted the missing Malaysian Airlines Flight MH370 after landing at the KL International Airport at 4pm and was told about the missing plane.

"It looked like an aeroplane," The Star quotes  Raja Dalelah as saying. "Throughout the journey, I was staring out of the window of the aircraft as I couldn't sleep during the flight."

First report at Sentul police station

Encouraged by her son-in-law, who is a policeman, Raja Dalelah lodged a report at the Sentul district police headquarters the same day.

She then made a second report on March 14, hoping that the Department of Civil Aviation (DCA) would take her seriously, she said.

However, the English daily also quoted an anonymous pilot who laughed off Raja Dalelah’s claim. The pilot questioned how she could have spotted the object in the sea from 35,000 feet high in the air.

<snipped>

http://www.malaysiakini.com/news/257769

APRIL 29, 2014

MH370: Could the woman returning from Umrah be right about spotting wreckage?
April 29, 2014

KUALA LUMPUR: Are the claims by the Malaysian woman who had just returned from performing Umrah on March 8 that she saw a large silvery plane wreckage in the waters of the Andaman Sea related to the latest claims by an Australian exploration company that it has discovered the wreckage of MH370?

Astro AWANI reported on March 21, that 53-year-old Raja Dalelah Raja Latife claimed that she saw the wreckage of a plane which was partly submerged and partly arise in the Andaman waters.

Raja Dalelah who was in Saudi Airlines' aircraft departing from Jeddah SV2058 at 3:30 am Saudi time (8.30am Malaysian time) passed over Chennai in India before entering the airspace of the Andaman Sea.

<snipped>

http://english.astroawani.com/news/show/mh370-could-the-woman-returning-from-umrah-be-right-about-spotting-wreckage-34918

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #378 on: April 29, 2014, 12:14:05 PM »

WE WERE IGNORED

Searchers dispute company's claim that it may have found aircraft wreckage
April 29, 2014

<snipped>

The company's director, David Pope, said he did not want to go public with the information at first, but his information was disregarded.

"We're a large group of scientists, and we were being ignored, and we thought we had a moral obligation to get our findings to the authorities," he told CNN's "New Day" on Tuesday.

GeoResonance's technology was created to search for nuclear, biological and chemical weaponry under the ocean or beneath the earth in bunkers, Pope said.

The company began its search four days after the plane went missing and sent officials initial findings on March 31, Pope said. It followed up with a full report on April 15.

<snipped>

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/29/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

_____

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #379 on: April 29, 2014, 01:25:43 PM »

Streaming coverage

http://stream.wsj.com/story/malaysia-airlines-flight-370/SS-2-475558/

7 HRs ago   Update
Statement From Malaysia Acting Transport Minister Hishammuddin Hussein

“The fact that MH370 has still not been found underscores the complexity and difficulty of this search operation. We are tremendously grateful for the effort the Australian authorities have made, leading the search for MH370 off the coast of Perth.

Malaysia will discuss with our international counterparts, including Australia, how the new search operation, as announced by Prime Minister Abbott on Monday, will proceed. This discussion will include issues such as the deployment of assets with deep sea search capabilities, the cost of the operation and how best authorities can ensure the next of kin of those onboard MH370 are properly informed of the latest developments.

In line with Malaysia’s consistent stand of verifying and corroborating any new lead since day one of the search operations, we are aware of a report citing the detection of potential aircraft wreckage in the Bay of Bengal. China and Australia are also aware of this report. Malaysia is working with its international partners to assess the credibility of this information.”

Updates on the International Investigation Team

“We have also appointed the Investigator in Charge for the International Investigation Team – Dato Kok Soo Chon. He is the former Director General of the Department of Civil Aviation and also a former permanent representative to the ICAO Council in Montreal. The International Investigation Team, which has already commenced its work, has accredited representatives from the US National Transport Safety Board (NTSB), the UK Air Accident Investigation Bereau (AAIB), China’s Aircraft Accident Investigation Department (AAID) of The Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC), France’s Bureau d’Enquêtes et d’Analyses (BEA), the Austrialia Transport Safety Bereau (ATSB) and representatives of ASEAN from Singapore and Indonesia. Included in the team are also Boeing, who is under the US Accredited Representative and Rolls Royce and Inmarsat, who are under the UK Accredited Representative.

The main purpose of the International Investigation Team is to evaluate, investigate and determine the actual cause of the incident so similar incidents could be avoided in the future. I would like to stress that this investigation is not aimed at apportioning blame or liability with regards to the incident. It is imperative for the government to form this independent team of investigators which is not only competent and transparent but also highly credible.

This investigation will be carried out in accordance with Annex 13 – Aircraft Accident and Incident Investigation to the Convention on International Civil Aviation (Chicago Convention) as implemented by the Civil Aviation Regulations 1996, which requires each party to investigate air accidents independently with full powers in their respective countries.”
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.