March 29, 2024, 02:03:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any Arubians here  (Read 3040 times)
murphy86
Scared Monkey

« on: June 20, 2005, 10:00:02 PM »

If so, can you tell us what it's like in Aruba right now?  How are the citizens taking this? Are citizens still searching or are they leaving it up to the police now? I'm sure, since you live in Aruba, that you are use to investigations going the way they are, but aren't Arubians wondering why more isn't being done ex...Forensics, diving searches?  I know Aruba is getting a bad rap for this tragic occurrence and I feel bad for the good citizens, how do the Arubians feel about this?
Sunburned
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2005, 10:57:03 PM »

Arubans are just as frustrated and confused as everyone else. Only difference is, we understand Dutch law and we wait patiently. I just hope that they have a solid lead and that this leads to the fact that they cannot provide even the parents of Natalee at this time with information that may hamper the investigation. If they don't, well then I have to give them hell for not telling the parents anything. May I remark that what I have heard on Nancy Grace this evening,  that you need to take and object for many miles offshore on the West coast (high rise hotels) for it to float out to sea is incorrect. Every one that has been on Palm/Eagle beach, or
Arashi/Catalina bay knows that if you float out there on a raft or just float in the water, current generated by wind and waves will take you out West to open sea! Even if you are in the wind shadow of high rise hotels you will be carried out. Every one that had a drink in a dixie cup on one of the pier bars on this strip may have noticed the wind will blow it in the water and take it out to sea, once it is emty and not dispossed of imediately. Once something floats out there for half an hour it will be picked up be the North Equatorial current (a fact that no reporters took the trouble to find out) will and will be well on its way to Panama brushing Colombias coast line by a good 7 to 10 miles offshore. If that's the case, the possiblity to fing Natalee in very slim if not impossible.
Sunburned
Scared Monkey

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2005, 11:14:09 PM »

By the way, Sunburned and Anthony are the same. Some how I registered again but it's just me. Will be posting under Anthony from now on.
murphy86
Scared Monkey

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2005, 11:17:51 AM »

Thanks Anthony!  I do agree that we need to be patient and let Aruba do their investigation.  I just think that letting out crucial information can and will disrupt the case.  I do think that some of the investigation is half @$$’d backwards but it’s not my business or America’s to step in and tell Arubians how to run the show, regardless of how much more should or could have been done.
Are there people still searching day and night or has it slowed down a bit?  Knowing that Aruba isn’t very large, I would assume it was searched twice over.
Dublin
Scared Monkey

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2005, 05:18:49 PM »

I have a potential theory that would have had Joran taking NH to a romantic spot, one that may have held some unsual sights that tourists wouldn't normally see.   Does  such a place exists there, some place that young Arubians might take a date to watch the sky, or look out over the tourist spots?  I highly doubt he'd have been able to convince her to come out just for a party, or for a walk on the beach.  Something else, aside from an interest in Joran, convinced her to get into the car with him that night and I thought perhaps some of the Arubians on here might have some ideas.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.