April 25, 2024, 10:33:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kristal Forest, 64, Missing 3/29/09, Camp Verde AZ remains found  (Read 8556 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: September 17, 2009, 08:24:26 PM »

Thursday, September 17, 2009

CAMP VERDE - Detectives with the Yavapai Sheriff's Office Criminal Investigations Section are seeking public help to locate Kristal Forest, a 64-year-old Camp Verde area woman.

Detectives have determined that Forest was last seen with a man identified as Robert Reed, 55, March 29 in Camp Verde. She had planned to drive her red 1997 Nissan Pathfinder while towing a U-Haul trailer to Austin, Texas. She was expected to arrive on April 2 but never did and has not been heard from since. Bank activity on her account ceased after March 28.

On April 2 the U-Haul trailer rented by Forest was turned in after business hours to a storage lot in Las Cruces, N.M. Detectives obtained video surveillance showing an unidentified pickup dropping off the trailer. It is not known where Forest's furniture and other property may have been taken. Additionally, her two dogs are also missing.

Robert Reed

Robert Reed was contacted in August and had possession of Forest vehicle, according to the Sheriff's Office. Police say his explanation about his involvement with Forest and her vehicle contain inconsistencies and he remains under investigation.

Reed also uses the names Charles Olson and Chef Charlie. He is 6-2, 250 pounds, blond hair, blue eyes and 55 years of age. He is currently in custody on an unrelated case.

Detectives are asking the public for information on the whereabouts of Kristal Forest or knowledge of Robert Reed's relationship to her.

Contact Detective Alex Jaramillo at (928) 771-3278 or Yavapai Silent Witness at 1800-932-3232.

Silent Witnesses never have to give your name and could be eligible for a reward.
http://verdenews.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&subsectionID=1&articleID=32715

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 08:25:33 PM »

Authorities Ask For Help In Finding Missing Woman

Way back in March, 64-year-old Kristal Forest disappeared. Today, Yavapai County Police investigators are asking the public's help in figuring out where she is.

Forest was last seen on March 29th with 55-year-old Robert Reed near Camp Verde, as she prepared to drive to Texas, where she was scheduled to arrive on April 2.

Forest was driving a red 1997 Nissan Pathfinder trailing a U-haul.

On April 2, police say video surveillance cameras saw an unidentified truck return the U-haul to a store in Las Cruces, New Mexico.

In August, police paid Robert Reed a visit only to find he was in possession of Forest's vehicle but no Forest.

Police say that Reed's explanation as to how he came to possess the car and where he thought the Forest might be, contained "inconsistencies" and that they are still investigating his involvement.

Reed is currently in police custody for an unrelated case.

Calls to the Yavapai County Sheriff's Office were not immediately returned today but we'll keep you posted.

Anyone with knowledge of the whereabouts of Kristal Forest or information of the relationship between her and Robert Reed are being asked to call Detective Alex Jaramillo at (928) 771-3278 or Silent Witness at 1-800-932-3232.
http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2009/09/authorities_ask_for_help_in_fi.php

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 07:16:33 AM »

October 20, 2009
Subject: Kristal Forest

Arsonist and Last Person Seen With Missing Woman Sentenced to 10 Years for Burning Down His Own House for Insurance Payout
Robert Reed ​Last month, we told you about a 64-year-old Campe Verde woman who went missing in March. As far as police know, the last person to see her alive is the same man who was sentenced to more than a decade in prison after he was convicted of arson charges in Maricopa County Superior Court.Robert Reed, 55, got 10 1/2 years today, to be precise, after he was found guilty of burning down his own townhouse to collect on an insurance payout.
http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/related/to/Kristal+Forest

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2010, 05:26:37 PM »

I got kicked out for a long time and I didn't even do anything wrong, lol 

Search continues for Arizona woman missing with her 2 dogs

Last Update: 12:06 pm 

YAVAPAI COUNTY, AZ -- Sheriff's officials continue to seek the public's help finding a woman who has been missing from Cottonwood since early last year.

A man who was last seen with her has since been arrested on charges unrelated to her disappearance.

Kristal Forest, 64, reportedly went missing some time around a planned move to Texas in late March, 2009.

According to Yavapai County Sheriff's spokesman Dwight D'Evelyn, Forest planned to leave for Austin, Texas in her red 1997 Nissan Pathfinder with a U-Haul trailer in tow.

Forest was scheduled to arrive in Austin on April 2, but never arrived and family and friends have not heard from her since.

According to authorities, Forest was last seen with Robert Reed, 55, in the Camp Verde area on March 29 as he helped her prepare for the move.

D'Evelyn said Reed, also known as "Charles Olson," may have traveled with her for part of the trip.

Detectives learned that Forest's trailer had been towed to a U-Haul storage lot in Las Cruces, New Mexico around 2 a.m. April 2 by an unknown pick-up truck. The trailer was empty.

Her two dogs were also reported missing. Both were described as medium-sized, about 30 to 40 pounds, tan/rust colored with short fur.

Reed was located by detectives in August and they found him in possession of Forest's vehicle, computer and other personal property.

D'Evelyn says Reed, who is currently serving time in the Arizona Department of Corrections on unrelated charges, has been uncooperative with detectives throughout the investigation.

At the time of Forest's disappearance, Reed had medium length curly hair and a scruffy beard. He reportedly went by the names “Charles Olson”, and “Chef Charlie” during March and April.

According to D'Evelyn, Robert Reed was known as a homeless person in the Riverfront Park area of Cottonwood. 

Officials say Reed used Craigslist frequently under the alias “Charles Olson” and possibly arranged transport and delivery of the trailer to Las Cruces through a contact on Craigslist.   

Investigators say that anyone who may have seen Kristal Forest, Robert Reed, and a red 1997 Nissan Pathfinder with U-Haul trailer between March 28 and April 2, 2009 could provide information important in resolving the disappearance of the woman, her dogs and her property.

Anyone with information should call Detective Alex Jaramillo at 928-771-3278 or Silent Witness at 1-800-932-3232.
http://www.abc15.com/content/news/northernarizona/other/story/Search-continues-for-Arizona-woman-missing-with/F9pNetujakaxDLs6e9PsvA.cspx

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2010, 05:31:30 PM »

http:/**/las_cruces-news/ci_14146470
Information sought on missing Arizona woman
Sun-News report
Posted: 01/08/2010 12:00:00 AM MST
LAS CRUCES -- The public is asked for any information on a missing Arizona woman whose trailer was abandoned last April in Las Cruces.

Kristal Forest, 64, her dogs and her property disappeared over the weekend of March 28, 2009, and haven't been seen or heard from since, according to the Criminal Investigations Bureau of the Yavapai County Sheriff's Office in Prescott, Ariz.

Forest was moving from Cottonwood, Ariz., to Austin, Texas, but never arrived.

A Camp Verde, Ariz., man, Robert Reed, 55, who also went by the name Charles Olson -- especially on Craigslist -- or "Chef Charlie," had recently befriended Forest and was seen assisting with the move, possibly traveling with Forest for part of the trip. Reed, who reportedly has been uncooperative with detectives throughout the investigation, is 6-feet 2-inches tall, weighing about 250 pounds, with curly blond hair and blue eyes. Known as a homeless person who frequented Cottonwood, Dead Horse Ranch State Park, the Verde Valley and Phoenix, Ariz., he sometimes grew his hair to a medium length and grew a scruffy beard, police said.

Forest left in her red 1997 Nissan Pathfinder, towing an open-sided U-Haul trailer with a ramp. She also took her two dogs with her, both described as medium-sized, 30-40 pounds each, with short, tan or rust-colored fur. Forest's bank activity ceased after that day.

Her trailer was discovered empty in a storage yard in Las Cruces around 2 a.m. on April 2, 2009, delivered by unknown
Advertisement
persons in a dark-colored, full-sized extended-cab truck, possibly a Ford F250 or F350.

Reed was located in August 2009, with Forest's Pathfinder, computer and other property, which he said he had purchased from her. He was arrested on a warrant unrelated to this case and is currently serving a prison sentence in Arizona.
Forest, who also occasionally resided in Cornville, Ariz., and Lake Montezuma, Ariz., is 5-feet 8-inches tall, weighs 135 pounds and has green eyes and medium-length, graying blonde hair. She may have been wearing a skirt and top with her hair pulled back at the time of her disappearance.

Detectives are looking for the driver of the truck that delivered her trailer and anyone with knowledge of that delivery to provide information to the sheriff's office.

Anyone with any information that could lead to locating Forest is asked to contact detective Alex Jaramillo at (928) 771-3278 or Yavapai Silent Witness at (800) 932-3232.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2016, 10:29:51 AM »

Reed confesses to murder of Kristal Forest, aids in location of remains
Since the arrest of Robert Reed, 60, in September of 2013 for the murder of Kristal Forest, YCSO detectives have made it their mission to find her remains. Lead detective Doug Brown, assisted by Cold Case Unit volunteer and retired detective, Cold Case spent hundreds of hours chasing leads, conducting searches, and interviewing anyone who might have information regarding the case, including Reed. The persistence paid off in July of this year when Reed confessed to murdering Forest and dumping her body in an area near El Paso, Texas. The action was part of a plea agreement with Reed who pled guilty to a 2nd degree Murder charge.

Prior to the confession, Reed claimed no knowledge of the murder of Forest or her whereabouts citing “amnesia.” Following the confession late last month, Reed was allowed to use an internet mapping program and showed detectives an area outside of El Paso, Texas, where he recalled leaving her body. Detectives immediately conveyed this information to Texas law enforcement authorities including the Texas Rangers, El Paso Police Department, and the El Paso Sheriff’s Office. Based on the information, human remains were found in the target area. Detectives Brown and Chastain went to El Paso last week to assist with the investigation and recovery of evidence. Based in their initial findings, it is believed the remains are that of Kristal Forest. A DNA comparison has been ordered to verify the identity. Further details from Reed’s interview are not being released pending sentencing which is scheduled for the last week of August.

Due to the remoteness of the area where the remains were located, detectives believe it is likely they would have never been found otherwise. The family has expressed their deep appreciation for the work by these detectives.
https://arizonadailyindependent.com/2014/08/06/reed-confesses-to-murder-of-kristal-forest-aids-in-location-of-remains/

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.