April 20, 2024, 04:01:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 15 Year Old Danielle Locklear Missing Since 3/11/14 in Hope Mills, NC  (Read 20608 times)
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2014, 04:32:28 PM »

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=9501034

Defense in Locklear case: We're not talking about a cold-hearted monster
Friday, April 11, 2014

Nicole Carr

CUMBERLAND COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- Children dealing with adult situations, and operating with juvenile minds.

That's how the defense for a Cumberland County teen describes what led 17-year-old Je'Michael Malloy to killing his young ex-girlfriend, 15-year-old Danielle Locklear.

"All we ask is for the public to remember is that you're talking about a 15-year-old victim and a 17-year-old defendant," said Fayetteville defense attorney D.W. Bray. "And we know 15-year-old kids don't make wise decisions, and neither do 17-year-old boys, and that what he is-a boy."

Earlier in the week, Malloy admitted to choking Locklear to death, then enlisting the help of a friend and classmate to dump the girl's body in the South River. That friend, 18-year-old Dominic Lock, was initially charged with conspiracy, but a day later faced second-degree murder charges along with Malloy.

The two are Cape Fear High School seniors. Locklear was a freshman at South View High School.

Wednesday evening, Lock posted a $100,000 bond. Efforts to reach out to him have been unsuccessful. Bray said he's advised Malloy to stay in jail, partly to "purge," and partly to separate from a community passionate about the high profile case.

Bray said Malloy is a well-mannered teen who enjoyed fishing and hunting. He said he never had a violent history or a juvenile record. He was set to enlist in the Marines after graduation.

"We're not talking about a cold-hearted monster," he said. "We're talking about a very decent young man."

"I think it's important to note that Je'Michael came forward to law enforcement," added Bray. "This was lying heavily on his heart, and not only did he want to provide closure for Danielle's family, he wanted to provide closure for himself."

When asked why it took Malloy three weeks to confess, after he'd liked a Facebook page to "Help Find Danielle Locklear," and after he attended a memorial balloon release for the girl, Bray boiled it down to juvenile emotions.

"And well, that's a very reasonable question but again, we're talking about a 17 year old and a 17 year old with that stressful and heavy-some of a burden, it's not unreasonable to be silent."

"Lost in this--we don't want the focus to just be on the defendant or Danielle," he continued. "I think after all the facts come out in this case, this may be a learning experience for many young people in the community."

Locklear's family declined to immediately respond to Bray's comments, instead they say they'll do it as a large family unit, but they fiercely disagree with the attorney's thoughts.

Meanwhile, more than 14,000 supporters on the "Justice for Danielle Locklear" page are encouraging people to write Cumberland County District Attorney Billy West, and push him to seek first degree murder charges in the case. Sources close to the case maintain Malloy made prior threats to Locklear that would satisfy pre-meditation.

oh now I understand . . . it's Danielle's who is to blame for choking herself and then thrusting herself off the bridge with cement blocks tied to her own body.  What a POS this lawyer is if he really thinks she is to blame.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2014, 09:20:11 AM »

Malloy sounds pretty much like a cold-hearted monster to me.  It's not everyone that can put their hands around the throat of another person and choke them to death.  By putting his hands on her neck and squeezing the life out of her isn't a quick death.     And putting cement blocks on her feet to weigh her down and dumping her in the river is cold-hearted and monstrous.  And then there's the bit about there being enough evidence to indicate this was pre-meditated.   

What really irked me was how the attorney tried to frame the young ages of both the victim and the "defendant" and that they don't always make wise choices.  Excuse me.  Since when is the premeditated act of choking a young girl until she dies and weighting down and dumping her body an unwise choice? An unwise choice would be like dying your hair green  or staying out past curfew.  Those are unwise choices.  What he did was  a premeditated, murderous act and clean up, isn't it?  This is such a heinous crime, all the attorney can do is try to minimize it, not only by grouping the victim in with the age thing, but also that she may not make good choices too.  That door swings both ways.  There are some 17 year old boys that not only attend school, but also help care for their younger siblings or aging/disabled parents, but also work jobs after school and on weekends.  It's a real minority of 17 year olds that choke young women to death.  JMHO

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2014, 02:10:55 PM »

Muffy, cold-hearted monster, is prob right, the comments here,say he posted
img of his self smiling ect.

http://web.stagram.com/n/je_mike_32/

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2014, 02:28:46 PM »

Muffy, cold-hearted monster, is prob right, the comments here,say he posted
img of his self smiling ect.

http://web.stagram.com/n/je_mike_32/

sorry someone took the account down, quick fast,it was still up at 10am 3-15-2014

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2014, 11:41:18 PM »

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=9515549

Public memorial service set for Danielle Locklear

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Nicole Carr

FAYETTEVILLE, NC (WTVD) -- A public memorial service for Hope Mills teen Danielle Locklear has been planned, the family confirmed Thursday.

The service will be held at Fayetteville's Manna Church on May 3rd, beginning at 2 p.m. The church is located at 5117 Cliffdale Road.

Locklear went missing from her Hope Mills home on March 11.

Flowers and donations can be sent to Rogers and Breece Funeral Home at 500 Ramsey Street, Fayetteville, NC 28301.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2015, 01:48:00 PM »

http://abc11.com/news/ex-boyfriend-indicted-in-hope-mills-teen-murder/924013/

Danielle Locklear's ex-boyfriend indicted for first-degree murder
JeMichael Malloy in court
WTVD

By Nicole Carr
Updated 1 hr 8 mins ago

HOPE MILLS (WTVD) --
A grand jury has indicted a Cumberland County man in the 2014 death of Hope Mills teen, Danielle Locklear.

Je'Michael Malloy, 19, is now facing a first-degree murder charge in the death of his ex-girlfriend. The indictment was handed down earlier this week.

In April 2014, Malloy confessed to killing Locklear soon after the 15-year-old's body was discovered in the South River.

The murder took place in March 2014. Malloy and his friend, then 18-year-old Dominic Lock, originally faced second-degree murder charges in the case.

Lock, who is accused of helping to discard Locklear's body, pleaded guilty to a first-degree murder accessory charge earlier last month, which carries a maximum of eight years in prison.

Cumberland County District Attorney Billy West said Lock would not be sentenced until Malloy's case is resolved.

In court last month, the D.A.'s office mentioned threatening text messages sent from Malloy to Locklear in the hours leading up to her murder. The evidence cements the legal ground for proving intent, which would support the first-degree murder charge.

Malloy, who has remained in jail since his 2014 confession, is still in the Cumberland County Detention under a $500,000 bond.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2016, 05:55:04 PM »

http://www.fayobserver.com/news/crime_courts/danielle-locklear-s-boyfriend-gets-years-for-her-murder/article_9c358c65-57ab-57c4-afa1-dba600e04099.html

Danielle Locklear's killer apologizes to teen's family, gets 25 years
By Greg Barnes Staff writer Updated 59 min ago

An Autryville man will spend between 25 and 31 years in prison for the 2014 murder of 15-year-old Danielle Locklear.

The sentence for Je’Michael Devanair Malloy, 19, followed his acceptance of a plea agreement Friday in Cumberland County Superior Court. Under the agreement, Malloy, who was 17 when he murdered Locklear, pleaded guilty to second-degree murder.

Malloy and his mother apologized to Locklear’s family, who wore pink ribbons and filled one side of the courtroom. Many family members told Malloy they may forgive him one day, but no time soon. Many expressed anger toward him, and many cried as they sat in the benches.

“I’m sorry, but it’s hard for me right now,” said Locklear’s mother, Rowna Fowler, as she stared straight at Malloy. “That was the only baby I had. I can’t have any more children and you took that away from me. Je’Michael, you ripped out my soul.”

District Attorney Billy West laid out details of the case:

Locklear left her home about 9:45 p.m. on March 11, 2014, telling her grandfather she was taking a book to a friend and would return soon.

Instead, she went to meet Malloy, her estranged boyfriend. The two had argued sometime earlier, after Locklear told Malloy she was pregnant and he threatened to kill her if she came over. (Locklear was not pregnant.)

On March 15, an aunt found Locklear’s fuzzy black and gray sock on a path in Hope Mills that led to Rockfish Creek.

Three days later, Malloy took a polygraph test that “showed exceptions.” He continued to deny any involvement in Locklear’s disappearance.

On March 22, Malloy participated in an unsuccessful search for Locklear’s body, which was found April 2 in the South River, off Hollow Bridge Road near Autryville. Locklear’s body had been thrown off a bridge. Cinder blocks had been tied to her ankles and around her waist.

Malloy confessed to the murder on April 8, after consulting with his lawyer, D.J. Bray.

The state Medical Examiner’s Office ruled asphyxiation as the cause of death. West said Malloy strangled Locklear on the path in Hope Mills and later stuffed a sock in her mouth when he heard sounds coming from her. His friend, Dominic Tayvon Lock, stood nearby but did not participate in the murder.

But West said Lock helped dispose of the body. Lock, 19, of Cade Hill Avenue, is charged with accessory after the fact of first-degree murder and is being held in the Cumberland County jail without bail.

During the hearing, Malloy and his mother apologized to Locklear’s family.

“I know sorry doesn’t cut it, but I also want to say I’m truly sorry,” Malloy said, turning to face the family in his orange, jail-issued jumpsuit.

Malloy’s mother thanked family members for showing mercy — they could have sought a drawn-out trial and a potentially harsher sentence — but agreed to the plea.

“You did not have to do it, but you let love in your heart. Deep love,” Cynthia Malloy told the family.

The family was not forgiving.

Locklear’s mother, Fowler, stood shaking as she addressed Malloy.

“You’re still alive but my baby is not,” Fowler told him. “She’s in the grave. I pray for your soul.”

Judge Jim Ammons allowed family member after family to speak to Malloy and to talk about Locklear, who had been a ninth-grader at South View High School.

Locklear’s aunt, Chena Simmons, called Malloy a sociopath and a narcissist who shows no emotion.

“You didn’t have to kill her. You could have walked away,” Simmons said. “At least today we can begin to find some solace and begin to heal.”

Prosecutors offered Malloy a plea deal in March. He was given 30 days to accept or reject the offer. Under that deal, Malloy would have pleaded guilty to first-degree murder and been sentenced to between 25 years and life in prison. He would have been eligible for parole after 25 years because he was under 18 at the time of the murder.

Sometime after the March hearing, prosecutors changed the offer to second-degree murder.

Pages: « 1 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.