March 28, 2024, 09:47:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 15 Year Old Danielle Locklear Missing Since 3/11/14 in Hope Mills, NC  (Read 20536 times)
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« on: March 20, 2014, 08:44:51 AM »

15 Year Old Danielle Locklear Missing Since 3/11/14 in Hope Mills, NC

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2014/03/20/15-year-old-danielle-locklear-missing-since-31114-in-hope-mills-nc/

15 year old Danielle Locklear has been missing since Tuesday night, March 11, 2014 in Hope Mills, North Carolina. Investigators stated that Danielle Locklear left her grandparent’s home on Trencholm Lane in Hope Mills’ Fox Meadow/Brook Ridge subdivisions last Tuesday night saying she was going up the street to a friend’s home, but she arrived. The FBI have joined the search for the missing teen. The police said Locklear may have been at the creek that runs between Legion Road and Cameron Road. Some of her clothes were found there two days later but further investigation turned up nothing. Danielle  Locklear has not been in contact with her known acquaintances, and her cell phone is off.
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 08:46:01 AM »

Missing NC teen girl has Myrtle Beach ties; FBI joins search

http://www.counton2.com/story/25007070/nc-police-search-for-missing-teen-girl-asks-public-for-help

At a news conference at 6 p.m. Wednesday, officials said the case was still active and they were actively looking for Danielle.

Police also said they would aim to hold a news conference daily to update the media on the status of Danielle.

Danielle's grandfather said Locklear left his residence to go to a friend's house, but that when he went to pick her up, she had never arrived.

Police said Locklear may have been at the creek that runs between Legion Road and Cameron Road.

The area that she was last known to be in was searched by Police K-9.

Some of her clothes were found there two days later but further investigation turned up nothing.

Locklear has not been in contact with her known acquaintances, and her cell phone is off.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 03:39:56 PM »

http://www.fayobserver.com/news/local/article_d9c61071-1506-52db-84a4-cf173671a75e.html
Hundreds gather to aid in search of missing Hope Mills teen Danielle Locklear
March 22, 2104

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2014, 03:43:31 PM »

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=9474349
Volunteers to search for missing Hope Mills teen, distraught mother asks for help
Updated at 3:20 p.m. today

HOPE MILLS, N.C. (WTVD) -- Police are now asking for volunteers for a wider search around a subdivision where a missing teen vanished.

The FBI has put up six billboards throughout the Fayetteville and Spring Lake featuring Locklear.

The massive search for Locklear is scheduled for Saturday at 8 a.m at Southview High School. Anyone interested in helping with the search should email finddanielle@townofhopemills.com. The search could also be held on Sunday.

That email should contain the following information:

Name
Address
Date of Birth
Phone Number
Drivers License Number
Volunteers may also register on Saturday morning at the school. They must be over the age of 16 and sign a release waiver at the staging area before participating in the search.

Searchers should wear clothing such as long comfortable pants, hiking type boots or sneakers, and long sleeve shirts that can be rolled up if needed.

If you have any information concerning Locklear's whereabouts, please contact the Hope Mills Police Department at (910) 425-4103, or the FBI in Charlotte at (704) 672-6100.

FBI's page for Locklear disappearance:

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/danielle-locklear

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2014, 07:38:35 PM »

Her facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/dannie.dawson.5?fref=browse_search
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2014, 11:13:32 AM »

Her Youtube page:  https://www.youtube.com/user/m9m9m3

Boyfriend?  https://www.facebook.com/jemichael.malloy

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2014, 11:16:38 AM »

Find Danielle Locklear "Dannie"
7,439 likes

https://www.facebook.com/FindDannie

Hope Mills Police Department
2,032 likes
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hope-Mills-Police-Department/137103173008504

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2014, 11:33:57 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=545723262192531&set=a.543501989081325.1073741827.543443892420468&type=1&theater

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2014, 10:48:42 PM »

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=9473196

FBI now involved in case of missing Hope Mills teen
Wednesday, March 19, 2014

ABC11 has learned that police have subpoenaed the cell phones from Locklear's former boyfriend and several classmates and friends. Officers also concentrated a search in an area around an RV campground near Interstate 95.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2014, 11:40:14 PM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1403/20/ijvm.01.html

JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL

Teen Acted Strangely Before Vanishing

Aired March 20, 2014 - 19:00:00   ET

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL, HOST: Tonight, stunning new developments in the mysterious disappearance of a beautiful high school freshman.

Good evening. I`m Jane Velez-Mitchell. Thanks for joining me.

There she is. Fifteen-year-old Danielle Locklear went missing just over a week ago. The FBI is now leading the intense search to find her. Her aunt now says she was dropped off by a strange vehicle the day before she disappeared. She claims, oh, it was a school friend.

Here, you see video from Facebook of her dancing. She was so popular at school. In a moment, I`m going to speak with Danielle`s step- grandmother, who has a very close relationship with her. She noticed Danielle behaving strangely in the days before she vanished. What could that mean? Was the pretty popular teen keeping a secret when she suddenly disappeared?

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

ROWNA FOWLER, DANIELLE`S MOTHER: If you please know where my daughter is, any information, please?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: For 15-year-old Danielle Locklear has been missing a week now.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I`m really scared. Like, I want her to be found, and I`ve also prepared myself if she`s not.

R. FOWLER: I want my baby to come home. That`s my baby girl.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Danielle last seen Tuesday of last week after walking out of her home near Fayetteville, North Carolina. Her grandfather -- and she lives with her grandparents -- say Danielle told him, "Hey, I`m walking to a friend`s house up the street." Well, that was about 9:45 at night on a Tuesday. She never made it there.

Two days later, an alarming discovery: some of Danielle`s clothing found at a nearby creek where teens like to hang out.

And in another strange twist, Danielle all of a sudden went silent on social media in the weeks before her disappearance. That`s not something your average 15-year-old Facebooker is going to do.

Danielle`s mom says her daughter was happy and healthy. Popular at school, no reasons to run away.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

R. FOWLER: Tell her to come home. Danielle, if you see this, come home, baby. I love you. I won`t be mad at you. Just come home.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: I`ll talk to Danielle`s step-grandma in a second. But first, KRLD reporter Joe Gomez, you`ve been digging on this case. What`s the latest?

JOE GOMEZ, REPORTER, KRLD: Jane, as the intense manhunt continues for this beautiful 15-year-old who has her whole life ahead of her, we understand that police have taken away the cell phones of both her mother and her aunt. What this could mean is that they`re trying to communicate with Danielle, if she has her phone on, via cell phone, via text message, something.

We also understand that there have been reports that subpoenas have been taken for the cell phones of her classmates and friends. We understand her boyfriend is cooperating with police, so hopefully, we can get something to tighten the circle in the search for young Danielle. Because it`s been over a week now since she`s been missing, Jane. And you and I both know that the longer time goes on, well, the worse it gets.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Exactly. And the FBI is involved. That says something right there. We`re going to analyze with our experts. What does it say? Danielle, a popular happy high school freshman.

Let`s take another look at the Facebook video she posted of herself dancing and goofing off with friends. And boy, she looks joyous.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

(MUSIC)

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: What a beautiful young lady, so happy on that video.

Phyllis Fowler, thank you for joining us. You`re the step-grandmother of this missing teenager. I know this is very difficult for you. And you are talking to us from North Carolina, the very state from which she vanished.

Why did you conclude that she was acting in an odd or different manner in the weeks before she vanished? Try to describe and explain it to us, Phyllis.

PHYLLIS FOWLER, STEP-GRANDMOTHER OF DANIELLE (via phone): Danielle has always been so personable, so just energetic and lively. And I had sent her an e-mail or a text, excuse me, telling her I was going to send her a package of some clothes that I had here and a few St. Patrick`s Day gifts that I had boughten [SIC] for her -- that I had bought for her.

And the way she responded was just so blase, almost like this was not my Danielle.

And I was talking to my son about it, and he said, "Mother" -- he said, "Do you remember, I told you that Danielle had" -- he had started to notice that Danielle had declined her posts on Facebook. I don`t have a clue what could be happening. Something -- something monumental has happened to cause Danielle to do this. This is not the Danielle we know and love.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, I could tell that you`re very distraught. And I certainly understand that. And what we`re doing, Phyllis, is to do everything we can to get the word out there. Somebody out there knows something, OK?

P. FOWLER: Yes, yes, they do.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: And we`ve got experts standing by. I`d like you to stand by. Do not hang up, Phyllis. We`re going to dive deeper into this, and we want to come back to you for more information.

But you just heard it. She stopped posting on Facebook. What would cause Danielle, a typical 15-year-old, to stop posting on Facebook in the weeks before her disappearance?

Now, police say Danielle`s boyfriend is cooperating with the investigation. Remember, there`s no suspects here, all right? But you`ve got to wonder. Did something happen between them? He`s 18, according to some reports. She`s 15. Or could it be somebody else? Did she meet somebody online?

Now, her mother says Danielle is very popular at high school and that she would never run away.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

R. FOWLER: No one knows what a mother -- what a mother goes through, what I feel in my heart. If you please know where my daughter is, any information, please tell her to come home. Danielle, if you see this, come home, baby, I love you.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: While we`ve been working on this story, it`s been very challenging. We have not been able to reach Danielle`s mother or her aunt. And it turns out we know why. Investigators have confiscated the mom and the aunt`s cell phones. And then, as you`ve heard, ABC-11 has reported cops have subpoenaed the cell phones from Locklear`s classmates and friends, along with Locklear`s former boyfriend. I thought she was -- she had a boyfriend. Who`s involved here?

But first, I want to go to Wendy Patrick, sex crimes prosecutor. We`re putting together the pieces of this puzzle. What do you make of it?

WENDY PATRICK, SEX CRIMES PROSECUTOR: I`ll tell you what. The cell- phone evidence is huge, as you point out. I mean, teenagers live on social media.

It`s also huge for another reason, however. You know, the parents think they probably know a lot of Danielle`s friends. But unfortunately, what the cell phone has done is expanded a teen`s world to be friends with anybody, literally anywhere in the world.

It is also a social media playground for pedophiles, for predators, for someone looking for selfies, for someone looking for provocative screen names. Because let`s face it: it`s gotten to be a place where teenagers bare all, both figuratively and literally. Now this doesn`t appear to be the case with Danielle, but that doesn`t mean that she possibly met somebody online.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, first of all, Wendy Patrick, obviously, I would think that they have confiscated her -- not -- she took her cell phone with her, so apparently the cell phone is missing. But -- and I`ll throw this to Anna Young. The authorities had to have gone in, taken her computer and found out was she -- if not on Facebook, was she online in any other Web site? Was she communicating with anybody online?

ANNA YOUNG: That`s absolutely right, Jane. Only time will tell what the investigation surfaces and whether she was communicating with someone else or whether there was another relationship that we don`t know about.

I mean, I`m glad to know her boyfriend or her ex-boyfriend is cooperating, because we all know that he`s probably the first person that the law-enforcement officers targeted.

But to say what Wendy Patrick was saying, it`s absolutely right. Social media now with teens trying to become popular and trying to get as many followers and likes, there`s so many different types of people out there, and so many creepers out there that you don`t know. Even if she didn`t know who was creeping on her...

VELEZ-MITCHELL: And Anna, let me jump in here and look at this missing picture. You know, in one, she looks like kind of a little girl with glasses. In the other she`s looking like a sexy young adult.

YOUNG: Right.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: And even older than her 15 years.

Phyllis Fowler, again, the step-grandmother of the missing teen. You live in the same state. You`re close to her.

Is it a boyfriend or an ex-boyfriend? Because my understanding is she went with her 18-year-old boyfriend to your house, which is about 70 miles away where she lives with her grandparents over the holidays. He seemed like a nice kid, wants to join the marines. Do you have any word they broke up or is there another ex-boyfriend?

P. FOWLER: You`re exactly correct. I picked her up in Hope Mills and brought them to my house here. I took her to see some of their middle school friends. I grilled him thoroughly, like any good grandmother is supposed to. I asked him about his decisions for his futures and what were his contributing factor, contributing skills? What did he have that would make him a good Marine? I just really grilled him. And I picked up no bad vibes from him at all.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: And let me jump in. They didn`t sleep in the same room or did they?

P. FOWLER: Oh, no. No, no, no, not at my house! No. Danielle always, the place she`s always slept since she`s been in my life would be on my sofa. She loves it. And he slept in our guest bedroom. No. My daughter is very...

VELEZ-MITCHELL: OK, so...

P. FOWLER: ... she got up the next morning and could assure us nothing went on.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Here`s another piece of the puzzle. Danielle`s friends describe her as bubbly and outgoing, and they are totally shocked by her sudden disappearance.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I`m really scared. I want her to be found but I`ve also prepared myself if she`s not.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Now Eric Guster, attorney out of New York City, we`ve heard reports saying Danielle might have been spotted on the night she disappeared or around the night she disappeared about five miles away from her grandmother`s house at Lazy Acres RV park in Fayetteville, North Carolina. And RV park can be very frightening. And then you match that with a strange car dropped her off the day before.

ERIC GUSTER, ATTORNEY: That`s very strange. And that`s why it`s so important for the police to get all the cell-phone records from her and the social media records from her friends, as well. Because that gives her core nucleus of friends and contacts for them to have a place to start.

Because it`s so important for them to narrow down what she -- who she was speaking with, what she was saying to them, if she was planning to get away, or if she was talking or trying to develop a relationship with someone, especially someone older who could influence her to go away with them. So it`s very important for them to do that, and it seems like they started in the right place.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: On the other side, what about her mother? She doesn`t live in the same state. Why is this girl living with her grandparents, and the dad is in yet another state? So many clues. Stay right there.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

R. FOWLER: I want my baby to come home. That`s my baby girl.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: There are some feelings and heartbreak that words can`t explain.

R. FOWLER: No one knows what a mother -- a mother goes through. I feel like my heart is going to burst (ph).

(END VIDEO CLIP)

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP )

CAPT. DAVID SERVIE, HOPE MILLS, NORTH CAROLINA, POLICE DEPARTMENT: We are not discounting anything. As I said before, we do not know where Danielle is at or anything like that. And that`s -- our focus is to find Danielle. And we`re exploring all possibilities.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Police are working hard, but they`re stumped. They held a news conference admitting they have no idea what happened to this popular teenager. Look at her. She`s playing with cards. She loves to dance. She`s good at school.

Danielle`s mom says two days after she vanished, some of their clothing were found on the bank of a creek less than a mile from her home. That is an ominous discovery. But the question is, was the clothing put there intentionally to throw investigators off? Listen to what missing children expert Marc Klaas said on this show just last night.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

MARC KLAAS, FOUNDER, KLAAS KIDS FOUNDATION: Her finding of the clothing at the creek, I think, probably is kind of a red flag. That`s a real anomaly.

Oftentimes in these kinds of cases, where family members are the ones or somebody inserts themselves in the search and they are the ones that come up with evidence, that evidence is put there for the purpose of misdirection.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: And we have no evidence that the mother found the clothes. That was one report, but it has not been confirmed. All we know is the clothing belonged to this girl; was found at a creek where kids like to hang out, apparently, when they`re ditching school.

Brian Silber, to me, that is the most ominous fact that has been reported thus far.

BRIAN SILBER, ATTORNEY: Well, Jane, I think it depends on the type of clothing we`re talking about. You know, was this an undergarment or was it a sweater? You know, if I had a nickel for every time my girlfriend left her sweater somewhere, you know, I`d be a multi-multi-millionaire.

So I think it really depends. She could have just simply left her sweater there.

I think the best evidence in this case is going to come from the electronic evidence we were discussing before, you know, her computers, the cell phone. And most importantly, I would say, beyond the text messages and the e-mails, it`s the GPS data in her cell phone.

If you think of that Malaysian airplane flight that`s missing, a cell phone pings at different towers. And that could tell us where the cell phone last was. And I would think that would be the most important clue in this case

VELEZ-MITCHELL: And cops hopefully know that by now, although they`re not talking.

Let`s go out to the phone lines. Mary, Michigan, what do you have to say? Mary, Michigan.

CALLER: Hi, Jane.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Hi.

CALLER: I`m calling because I would like to make a statement on the young girl. First of all, do we know what kind of relationship at all she had at all with her mother?

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, interesting you should mention that. I want to go to Selin Darkalstanian, our senior producer, who has been doing deep research on the family relationship. And we also have a map that show that her mom lives in one state. Her dad lives in another state. And the daughter herself lives in the third state, North Carolina. Selin, what have you learned?

SELIN DARKALSTANIAN, CNN CORRESPONDENT (via phone): Jane, I`ve been talking to her dad. Her dad lives in Florida. And, you know, he hasn`t -- he`s not very -- hasn`t been involved in her life. So he lives there. Her mom lives in Myrtle Beach. She lives in North Carolina.

Now I asked why does she live with her grandparents, not with her mother? And I was told, like every other, you know, teenager, her and her mom have their ups and downs in their relationship, and she would rather live with her grandparents. So she does live with her grandmother.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: And by the way, this is a photo of her with her father, who again is in Florida.

DARKALSTANIAN: That is her dad.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Not connected to this case.

DARKALSTANIAN: And her grandma...

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Go ahead.

DARKALSTANIAN: Her grandma sells watermelons, and she helps out her aunt babysitting. And she makes a little bit of money here and there, living with that part of the family in North Carolina.

So that`s what we know about the family dynamics of Danielle.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: You`ve actually talked to the father?

DARKALSTANIAN: Yes. I spoke to the dad this morning. He is very concerned about his daughter, obviously. He was trying to get in touch with the cops. He did get in touch with them this morning, just letting -- helping them out, telling them anything he knew.

But he hadn`t spoken to her recently in the -- you know, in the week before she went missing. And he`s just trying to do everything he can to help on his end. But he was not in the state when she went missing.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: So I find that interesting. Phyllis Fowler, step- grandmother of the missing teen, you are very close to her. I would think it would be difficult for a teenager. No matter how nice your grandparents are, you`re living with Grandpa. Mom`s in one state. Dad is in Florida. When a child is -- first, had she expressed any upset about that?

P. FOWLER: None. Danielle is a very adaptable person. She can acclimate to her surroundings. And she was always so upbeat, always so happy. And I have never, since Danielle has been living with her grandmother, I`ve never heard her say, "I`m unhappy, Nana. You know, I want to move or anything." I never heard her say anything like that.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: I want to go back to Wendy Patrick, sex crimes prosecutor. You hear -- we`re putting the pieces together.

OK. So she gets off Facebook, a month before, a weird, unusual, never-before-seen car drops her off. She claims it`s a friend. Her clothes turn up at a nearby creek after she goes off, supposedly to visit a friend at 9:45 at night right away. Sorry. I don`t know why a child is going off at 9:45 at night herself.

And the RV park she`s been spotted. What are some scenarios?

PATRICK: I`ll tell you what. One of the scenarios that all of these clues keep pointing to is that there was somebody involved in her life other than "the usual suspects," quote unquote. In other words, it just seems like, with the unusual car, with the decline in social media presence.

And by the way, one other thing social media really is nowadays. It`s confessional. It`s not just a place you go to connect with friends. It`s a place you tell what`s going on and what you`ve done.

You know, the big joke is if you`re lucky enough to have a child accept your Facebook friend request, that`s where parents are looking to see what their kids did over the weekend.

This decrease in activity, Jane, that is just huge. I mean, you wonder whether or not she met somebody that was jealous and wanted her to have less of a social media presence or whether it was some sort of an attempt to leave less clues. I mean, it`s heartbreaking for so many reasons. But that is one of the directions, having done -- you know, tried a lot of stalking cases. That is one of the directions that it could potentially be leading that maybe somebody else wanted her to have less of a social media presence for just this reason.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Unbelievable. And again, her clothing found at the nearby creek. So, that, to me, is ominous. And we`re just getting started. We have so many calls lined up. We will go back to Phyllis Fowler, the step grandmother who said she noticed odd behavior in the weeks leading up to her disappearance. What does it all mean? Stay right there.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

(MUSIC)

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Newly obtained video of the missing 15-year-old, Danielle Locklear. And you can see just from that video one, she`s laughing at friends. She`s popular; she`s not a loner. Her mother, all her relatives say she`s extremely popular in high school. She has a lot of friends. She is a good student; she had no reason or shown any signs of running away.

But we`re learning of this fact, as well, that she had gone off social media in the weeks leading up to her disappearance and her own step- grandmother says she was acting strangely curt when she was normally very warm and fuzzy.

Joe Gomez, reporter, KRLD Dallas, you`ve been digging, what are you learning?

GOMEZ: Yes, morning, Jane. She was a bubbly person. She was a great student. Everybody loved Danielle Locklear. By all appearances, she looked like she was going to go off into the sunset and have a marvelous life.

So it`s bizarre that she would just suddenly disappear off of Facebook, that she would end all sorts of communication. Did she fall in love with some stranger? Did somebody come into her life? Was she so distracted enamored with this individual that she would just give everything up and vanish into the night? It`s a very strange scenario, Jane.

LAWSON: And I`ll tell you another thing, and I`ll throw this to Brian Silber or, actually, Anna Young and then we`ll get to Brian.

We have learned from relatives she was due to babysit a couple of days after she vanished -- she vanished on a Tuesday. She was due to babysit and was supposed to earn $200. For a teenager, for anybody, that`s real money. That`s another reason why I think it`s odd that she vanished.

That`s a lot of money for a teenager. This is really weird. She completely became withdrawn, this warm and fuzzy person is now responding with such lax and not really being involved in the family`s life.

I think maybe somebody got ahold of her and tried to control her, tried to control her presence on social media; does to recall what she was doing and maybe manipulated her. Because we don`t think there`s a reason for her to run away. But then again, we don`t know if she met someone and she just kept it from others and didn`t tell anyone about that.

I mean, clearly, she was withdrawn and what that leads me is that she maybe met someone she didn`t talk to people about, because this is odd behavior, Jane.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Brian Silber, criminal defense attorney out of Fort Lauderdale. They go on her computer, and even if she`s not on Facebook, they can quickly find out if she`s been communicating with anybody. even though they don`t presumably have her cell phone right now. The actual physical cell phone.

BRIAN SILBER, CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY: That`s correct. It`s actually very easy to do, and it`s something I`ve actually done investigating my own cases. Basically, they`ve got to issue a subpoena to the cell-phone company provider. And they get the actual data of that cell phone pinging back and forth through various towers throughout the area. You take that information and you put it on a map and you can track someone`s progress as they move about a very particular area.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Now Phyllis Fowler, the step-grandmother, I want to ask you again very quickly, any indication that she had broken up with her boyfriend, because that would also tend to indicate maybe she`d met someone else?

P. FOWLER: Danielle never shared that they had to me. She might have told my daughter, but she never shared with me that she and her boyfriend had broken up.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: And when was the last time you talked to her?

P. FOWLER: I talked to her about a week before she went missing. And we were just -- I had texted her about doing well in school. And, you know, how to get good grades and things. And she e-mailed me back, cool.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Cool.

P. FOWLER: And then, the next time we talked, it was like a vague, different Danielle.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Unbelievable. Phyllis, my heart goes out to you and Danielle`s family. We`re going to stay on top of this. So many clues. And we`ll keep our viewers posted, as well.

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2014, 08:14:24 AM »

15 Year Old Danielle Locklear Missing Since 3/11/14 in Hope Mills, NC (Update: Female Body Found in the South River Could Be That of Danielle Locklear)

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2014/03/20/15-year-old-danielle-locklear-missing-since-31114-in-hope-mills-nc/

UPDATE I: Body found could be that of missing Hope Mills teen, Danielle Locklear.

Authorities believe a female’s body found in the South River on Wednesday is that of Danielle Locklear, a 15-year-old who went missing in early March, according to a source close the investigation.

The body has been sent to the North Carolina Medical Examiner’s Office for a positive identification, and Hope Mills police have spoken to Locklear’s family. It could be  2-3 days before police receive a positive identification, Hope Mills Police Chief Joel Acciardo said.

Cumberland County and Sampson County sheriff’s deputies went to South River at about 6 p.m. Wednesday, after the body was reported by two teens who were fishing near the South Gray Street bridge near Autryville, along the Cumberland-Sampson line.

WRAL: Body found could be that of missing Hope Mills teen
http://www.wral.com/warrant-witness-says-missing-hope-mills-teen-was-attacked/13536004/
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2014, 05:59:26 PM »

http://www.wral.com/authorities-wait-on-id-of-body-found-in-south-river/13540130/

Authorities wait on ID of body found in South River

Posted 12:14 p.m. today
Updated 5:07 p.m. today

Hope Mills, N.C. — As the family of missing Hope Mills teen Danielle Locklear awaits word from the North Carolina Medical Examiner's Office about whether her body was found Wednesday in the South River, more details about the investigation are coming to light.

Cumberland County Sheriff Earl "Moose" Butler said Friday than a Cumberland County deputy who lives in Sampson County discovered the body, which was found near Autryville at about 6 p.m. Wednesday.

"He noticed something that was unusual, and being a deputy as he is, and investigator, he stopped and he wasn't sure," Butler said. "He said he called one our deputies to bring binoculars so they could check it out, and when the deputy got there, they were able to determine it was a body, but they didn't know who."

The body has been sent to the North Carolina Medical Examiner's Office for a positive identification, and Hope Mills police have spoken to Locklear's family. It could be two to three days before police receive a positive identification, Hope Mills Police Chief Joel Acciardo said Thursday.

Sources close to the investigation say they are confident that the body found is that of 15-year-old Locklear, and they also told WRAL News that it appears that she died of asphyxiation.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2014, 06:09:02 PM »

http://www.wncn.com/story/25164527/search-warrant-reveals-alleged-assault-on-missing-hope-mills-teen

Search warrant reveals alleged assault on missing Hope Mills teen
Posted: Apr 04, 2014 11:34 AM CST Updated: Apr 04, 2014 12:27 PM CST
by Brandon Herring, WNCN News - bio | email

HOPE MILLS, N.C. -

A search warrant filed at the Cumberland County courthouse shows someone reported an assault on missing 15-year-old Danielle Locklear from Hope Mills.

The warrant states that while Hope Mills Police were investigating Locklear’s disappearance, a witness reported that Locklear was with a male at a creek off Legion Road when the assault happened. The witness said Locklear refused to provide sexual favors to the male and other people at the creek. The witness said the male and others then assaulted the victim “with their hands and feet, also with a sharp object causing severe injury and possibly death.”

The warrant states the information from the witness was received at approximately 10 p.m on March 25. It was not immediately clear if the assault was alleged to be happening at that time or at a previous time.

Hope Mills Police have not been able to confirm the witness’s story about the alleged assault. No suspect has been named in the case.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2014, 09:39:25 AM »

http://www.wncn.com/story/25164527/search-warrant-reveals-alleged-assault-on-missing-hope-mills-teen

Search warrant reveals alleged assault on missing Hope Mills teen
Posted: Apr 04, 2014 11:34 AM CST Updated: Apr 04, 2014 12:27 PM CST
by Brandon Herring, WNCN News - bio | email

HOPE MILLS, N.C. -

A search warrant filed at the Cumberland County courthouse shows someone reported an assault on missing 15-year-old Danielle Locklear from Hope Mills.

The warrant states that while Hope Mills Police were investigating Locklear’s disappearance, a witness reported that Locklear was with a male at a creek off Legion Road when the assault happened. The witness said Locklear refused to provide sexual favors to the male and other people at the creek. The witness said the male and others then assaulted the victim “with their hands and feet, also with a sharp object causing severe injury and possibly death.”

The warrant states the information from the witness was received at approximately 10 p.m on March 25. It was not immediately clear if the assault was alleged to be happening at that time or at a previous time.

Hope Mills Police have not been able to confirm the witness’s story about the alleged assault. No suspect has been named in the case.

oh my texasmom, this is a sad development.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2014, 01:01:15 PM »

Very sad indeed, Sister.   Especially considering the report that some of Danielle's clothes were found by the creek.  jmo

I'm wondering where the body was found is in relation to the area where the clothes were found?

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2014, 01:11:37 PM »

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=9492157

Police search Cumberland County home for evidence in Locklear disappearance
Friday, April 04, 2014

Greg Barnes

CUMBERLAND COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- Hope Mills Police executed a search warrant Friday evening at a house in Cumberland County, near the Sampson County line.

Hope Mills police told ABC11 that they were looking for evidence in connection with the Danielle Locklear disappearance.

Officers worked well into the evening searching a home and lot along N.C. Highway 210 south, not far from where a body was found Wednesday.

Chopper 11 HD was over the home as nearly a dozen Cumberland County Sheriff's deputies, Hope Mills police, and a police tracking dog made an extensive search of the home, an outbuilding, and a lot. Officers would not say specifically what evidence they were looking for in the search, nor have they said who lives in the mobile home.

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2014, 05:35:35 PM »

some maps

Authorities said the girl may have been at a creek that runs between Legion Road and
Cameron Road
http://www.hlntv.com/article/2014/03/20/danielle-locklear-missing-north-carolina-fbi-joins-search

a witness reported that Locklear was with a male at a creek off Legion Road when the
assault happened

creek @ Legion Road and caeron rd clothes found an alleged assault
http://goo.gl/maps/IYaNx

CUMBERLAND COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- Hope Mills Police executed a search warrant
Friday evening at a house in Cumberland County, near the Sampson County line
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=9492157

210 runs along sampson county line
http://goo.gl/maps/ByQVh

Authorities wait on ID of body found in South River
Cumberland County Sheriff Earl "Moose" Butler said Friday than a Cumberland County
deputy who lives in Sampson County discovered the body, which was found near Autryville
at about 6 p.m. Wednesday.
http://www.wral.com/authorities-wait-on-id-of-body-found-in-south-river/13540130/

A-hope mills, B-rt 210, C- crossing south river into Autryville
http://goo.gl/maps/vNNPL

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2014, 07:32:07 PM »

Thanks cw618!   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2014, 07:41:04 PM »

http://www.fayobserver.com/news/crime_courts/article_55308207-188f-5baa-9755-307ead20d984.html

Timeline of Danielle Locklear case

Posted: Thursday, April 3, 2014 7:00 pm | Updated: 10:09 am, Fri Apr 4, 2014.

Timeline of the Danielle Locklear missing persons case:

MARCH 11: Danielle Locklear, a 15-year-old South View High School freshman, tells her grandfather she was going to a friend's house. She was staying at her grandparents' house in the Fox Meadow subdivision. She had left her purse, contact lens case and other belongings in the house; only a pair of boots were missing.

MARCH 13: Danielle's mother and others looking for her found the teenager's clothes along the banks of Little Rockfish Creek, a popular hangout for high schoolers. The family pleads for information about the missing girl. Police and sheriff's deputies comb neighboring streets off Legion Road.

MARCH 19: Authorities searched an area near a secluded campground where Danielle may have been last seen. It was near the last signal from Danielle's cell phone. The site is off Claude Lee Road near Interstate 95. Meanwhile, a task force of about 50 lawmen from Hope Mills, Fayetteville, Cumberland County, the State Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation are working the case. An FBI agent speaks with Danielle's teachers.

MARCH 20: The search moves to the wooded area near the Fox Meadow subdivision off Elk Road, where the teen lives.

MARCH 22: More than 300 people showed up for a Saturday search for Danielle. They focused on the wooded area near her neighborhood. One team descending the steep bluffs to Little Rockfish Creek, where the girl's clothing was found.

MARCH 27: Police say they're following up on all tips and continue to conduct interviews and follow up on leads, the chief says. Officers had set up checkpoints in Danielle's neighborhood to try to get additional information earlier in the week.

MARCH 29: More than 200 people gather to release 1,000 balloons and pledge support for Danielle's safe return. "Danielle, baby, if you see these balloons, come home," her mother, Rowna Fowler, said while fighting back tears. Police tell the family they have a few leads after receiving hundreds of tips, relatives said.

APRIL 1: The search has frustrated investigators, Hope Mills Police Chief Joel Acciardo says, but they continue to search for her. More than 500 tips and leads have come from the public, along with more than two dozen reported sightings from as far away as California and Mississippi. "None have been her," the chief says. "Nothing has panned out."

APRIL 2: A female's body is found in South River around 5:30 p.m. The river runs along the Cumberland-Sampson county line. Sampson County sheriff's deputies begin investigating.

APRIL 3: Sampson County authorities refer questions about the body to Hope Mills police, who tell Danielle's family that it's possible the body is Danielle. The state Medical Examiner's Office is conducting an autopsy.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2014, 07:52:04 PM »

Authorities search for clues to Locklear's disappearance

Posted 12:14 p.m. yesterday
Updated 10:02 p.m. yesterday

Hope Mills, N.C. — As the family of missing Hope Mills teen Danielle Locklear awaits word from the North Carolina Medical Examiner's Office about whether it was her body that was found Wednesday in the South River, Cumberland County sheriff's deputies searched a home off Highway 210 for clues to her disappearance.

Sources close to the investigation said they found evidence in the home that relates to the case, but they would not specify what that evidence is.

Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.