March 28, 2024, 10:23:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Mexico sees Russian gambit in Ukraine as chance for American land grab"  (Read 1466 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: March 23, 2014, 08:20:37 AM »

Insurgents?  Immigrants? 

On Friday, in Geneva, Mexico signaled alarm at the treatment of its large Mexican minority in the United States, comparing American actions to prevent the use of Spanish to attempts in Ukraine and Estonia to prevent the use of Russian.

While Mexico’s foreign policy has been generally benign toward the United States since hostilities in the Mexican-American War ended in 1848, the Latin-American country has been keeping a close eye on developing events in Ukraine’s Crimea peninsula.

Russia has maintained that annexation of the Crimea peninsula is justified because it has the right to protect Russian speakers outside of Russia’s borders.

Mexican political leaders have taken note, perhaps sensing an opportunity to gain long-lost territory and increase the size of its economy by expanding northward into areas currently administered by the United States.

Mexico has begun enthusiastically supporting protections for linguistic minorities, a Mexico City diplomat told the United Nations Human Rights Council.

“Language must not be used to segregate and isolate groups,” the diplomat said, according to details provided to The Daily Caller by the U.N. Mexico has officially expressed concern about “steps taken in this regard by belligerent elements in the United States.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/03/23/breaking-mexico-sees-russian-gambit-in-ukraine-as-chance-for-american-land-grab/#ixzz2wmwqWIqw

Why don't the complainers return to their homelands?  How does a house divided survive long term?

What happened to the culture of assimilation?  It worked for generations of American immigrants...

just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 08:33:08 AM »

Hmm...from the article -

"Mexico, the diplomat said, has the right to protect Spanish speakers who have migrated without documentation to the United States in search of economic opportunity. He further noted that, unlike in Ukraine, these migrants very often remain full Mexican citizens."

They come voluntarily?  They learn the dominant language before arrival?  They use welfare?  Find jobs using fake/phony/stolen identities?  They really have no intention to become citizens and lose the welfare/job benefits gravy train?

Why not keep these people at home with opportunity?

Why should migrants get a gravy train for coming illegally?  A thief breaks into you house and steals from you year after year and the justice system refuses to act?

What is wrong with this picture?

Why isn't the US government returning these foreigners to their homelands?  48 hour expedited process?  A process with a sense of urgency?

Maybe they would stay home and look for opportunity?  Maybe they can't collect welfare and work legally in Mexico?

What is wrong with this picture?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.