April 25, 2024, 02:40:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Solomon Northrup, Farmers, the EPA, and Espionage  (Read 1058 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: March 24, 2014, 08:45:06 AM »

Rep. Terry: The "E" in the EPA shouldn't stand for espionage

Last year, it was revealed that the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) disclosed to environmental activist groups the personal and business information of farmers and ranchers through a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request.
Some of this personal information that was compromised got even more specific with names of operations and street addresses. There were even directions to farms and ranches from major roads.

Over 3,500 of these hard working folks were from the state of Nebraska.

It’s been made painfully evident over the years these environmental extremists don’t understand the contributions rural America makes to our great land. But those of us who understand agriculture know that many of these family farm operations double as home offices for those who feed our country.

I said during debate on the House floor that the E in EPA must stand for espionage.

This kind of blatant disregard by the government for the privacy of farmers and ranches is no different than when the IRS targeted people because of their political beliefs. It’s the absolute essence of tyranny.

Protecting the privacy of America’s farmers and ranches from over-reaching out-of-control bureaucrats at the EPA isn’t a Republican or Democrat issue. It’s about common decency and common sense.

read more here - http://www.farmforum.net/news/columnists/rep-terry-the-e-in-the-epa-shouldn-t-stand/article_525fbe17-66d7-542e-944f-611ddba02bf1.html

How would Barack Obama defend the EPA to Solomon Northrup?  An EPA that seeks to regulate puddles on peoples property?

I wonder how many feet of regulation documents would have been sent to Northrup if he were a farmer today?  6 feet for pigs?  6 feet for chickens?  6 feet for onions?  6 feet for beans?  Potatoes? 

How would Obama defend all those rules?  Drones?  Inspections?  Fines? 

What did Northrup do wrong?  Plant a few seeds?

What would Solomon Northrup think of the eco terrorists of the past decades? 

How would Barack Obama defend his actions to freeman Solomon Northrup?

just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.