March 28, 2024, 10:30:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "CBO: INTEREST ON U.S. DEBT TO QUADRUPLE BY 2024"  (Read 1100 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: March 26, 2014, 04:07:16 PM »

The Congressional Budget Office (CBO) now projects that by the end of the budget window in 2024, interest payments on the U.S. debt will quadruple, reaching a stratospheric $880 billion a year.
According to Senate Budget Chairman Jeff Sessions (R-AL), that will mean interests payments on the debt will be 105 times larger than the FBI's budget.

read more here and see chart - http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/03/26/CBO-Interest-on-U-S-Debt-to-Quadruple-by-2024

Wow.  $880 billion a year!!!   

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 04:09:42 PM »

With a current federal debt of about $17.5 trillion, the Congressional Budget Office projects that in 2014 taxpayers will foot the bill for $233 billion in interest payments alone. By 2024, the CBO believes that those payments will nearly quadruple to $880 billion.

“Every dollar spent paying our creditors is a dollar wasted — money for which we get nothing in return. Interest payments threaten to crowd out every other budget item,” GOP Senate Budget Committee staff write in a memo released Wednesday.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/03/26/cbo-interest-on-the-federal-debt-alone-will-be-880-billion-in-ten-years/#ixzz2x6OZwSwO

$880 billion, almost a TRILLION a year in interest payments on a $17 TRILLION PLUS debt.

How stupid is that?

What is wrong with Congress and the president?

Shame, shame, shame...

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.