April 26, 2024, 09:17:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Boy, 5, found beaten and malnourished inside closet of Spring, TX home  (Read 19500 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: March 31, 2014, 03:02:56 PM »

Why?!! 

http://www.khou.com/news/crime/Deputies-Boy-5-found-beaten-and-malnourished-inside-closet-of-Spring-home--253242561.html
Deputies: Boy, 5, found beaten and malnourished inside closet of Spring home
March 31, 2014

Two photos and a video of the little boy in the article.  Warning:  The images brought tears to my eyes.   

Investigators said the child was found in his diaper in the small closet by his 16-year -old brother at 9:30 p.m. Thursday.  Then the teen confronted his father Bradley Bleimeyer.  The teen and father got into a fist fight and officers were called to the house located in the 21500 block of Castlemont.

By the time officers arrived, they said the victim’s stepmother Tammi Bleimeyer and biological father took off with the little boy.

On Friday, deputies used cell phone data to track down the couple at a hotel located in the 9700 block of W FM 1960 Bypass in Humble. The 5-year-old victim’s appearance caused deputies to immediately summon Emergency Service personnel and he was transported to a hospital in Humble, deputies said.
Assistant Chief Mark Herman said in his 30 year career he has never seen anything like this.
“He was severely under nourished, bone sticking out, bumps, brusies. His skin was coming off on his back. It's a horrific horrific situation,” he said.

Deputies immediately arrested both Bradley Bleimeyer and Tammi Bleimeyer at the motel. Both were charged with felony child endangerment, and booked into the Harris County Jail. The father is in jail with no bond, and the victim's stepmother's bond is set at $2,000.

The victim was still in the hospital on Monday and in the custody of Children’s Protective Services.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 03:07:58 PM »

I hope the young boy can recover his physical and mental health after such horrible treatment and living conditions.  From the sound of things and after viewing his photos in the first article I posted, it's a miracle he is alive.  I just don't think he could have lasted much longer.     Poor little mite.   

http://www.chron.com/news/article/Spring-couple-accused-of-endangering-underweight-5363946.php?cmpid=hpbn
Spring couple accused of endangering underweight boy who lived in closet
March 31, 2014

A Spring couple has been arrested after the man's 5-year-old son was found bruised and severely underweight at an Humble motel last weekend, officials said.

Bradley Bleimeyer, 24, and 33-year-old Tammi Bleimeyer, are charged with child endangerment, according to Assistant Chief Deputy Mark Herman of the Harris County Precinct 4 Constable's Office.

Herman said they were taken into custody when deputies found them with the boy at a motel in the 9700 block of West FM 1960 Bypass

Herman said deputies on Thursday were sent to a home in the 21500 block of Castlemont about a disturbance. When they arrived, the deputies saw a 16-year-old boy, the younger boy's brother, and a man, later identified as Bradley Bleimeyer, fighting in the front yard.

Herman said the deputies were told the 5-year-old boy was being forced to live in closet under a stairway inside the home. They also were told the younger boy's stepmother, later identified as Tammi Bleimeyer, had left the home with the boy before deputies arrived on the disturbance call.

Believing the 5-year-old boy to be in danger, deputies searched for the stepmother, tracking her down at the motel, Herman said. On Friday, they spotted Bradley Bleimeyer leaving one of the motel rooms. When they went inside the room, deputies found Tammi Bleimeyer and the boy.

"The boy," Herman said, "was in bad shape, bleeding from his back."

Bradley Bleimeyer and Tammi Bleimeyer were arrested.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 03:49:56 PM »

Prayers for the little boy and may his parents rut in hell. So very sad. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 09:08:25 AM »

There are now many more questions than we have answers for.  The photos accompanying this article are much worse than the initial ones that showed his back and the back of his head, and show the extent he was starved.         I don't know how much longer the little boy could have lasted.  His appearance is like that of some I've seen from concentration camps. The step-mother Tammi had been investigated by CPS before she and Bradley got together.   It appears CPS had been at the home before (as recent as Feb. 20th, according to the article). Bradley isn't exactly a choir boy, with recent arrests  .  What is really frightening is the condition of the home, and I see Tammi is trying to get her children back.  Poor kids.   

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/article/Spring-couple-accused-of-endangering-underweight-5363946.php
Spring couple accused of endangering underweight boy

A severely malnourished 5-year-old Spring boy whose father and stepmother were arrested this weekend on felony charges was not emaciated when he was visited, interviewed and photographed by child welfare workers earlier this year, officials said.

When social workers sought to further investigate abuse and neglect allegations, the parents retained an attorney and refused to cooperate further, Child Protective Services spokeswoman Estella Olguin said Monday.

"And then we were told that the father and the boy had moved out of state," she said, adding that officials were never given a location.

That's why the discovery of the skinny-to-the-bones boy five weeks later has shocked not only the neighbors and the larger Houston community – but social workers.

CPS officials saw the child on Feb. 20.

"He was not in this state of malnourishment," Olguin said, citing pictures taken at that time. "Now we know they never moved. ... We still had more investigating to do on that case."

Bradley Bleimeyer, 24, and 33-year-old Tami Bleimeyer, are charged with child endangerment. A criminal complaint accuses them of conduct that placed the child "in imminent danger of physical impairment, namely, by failing to provide food."

Photographs provided by authorities show an extremely thin child with reddish blond hair with what appear to be abrasions and bruises on his back. He is wearing a soiled diaper.

The child "was in bad shape, bleeding from his back," Herman said, and was taken to a Houston hospital. The parents were arrested early Saturday morning.

At some point, law enforcement officials released three other children to relatives, the assistant chief confirmed.

Olguin said that Tami Bleimeyer has six children - the 16-year-old boy that had been fighting with Bradley Bleimeyer as well as youngsters ages 14, 13, 7, another 5-year-old boy and a 1-year-old girl.

The fate of those children will be addressed in court on Tuesday when CPS officials request custody of the hospitalized boy.

A preliminary report from a doctor could lead to more serious charges, potentially felony injury to a child, Herman said.

"Someone caused these injuries to him. That's what the doctors feel," he said.

Herman added that deputies are familiar with the address because of previous disturbance calls "but nothing that led us into the house."

CPS also has history with Tami Bleimeyer, who had been investigated "before she and Bradley got together," Olguin said. "We'll let the court know we need to see the other children and assess whether they're safe - not only to see if they are victims but to see what they can tell us about what was happening in the home."

Tami Bleimeyer was released on $2,000 bail on Sunday. She is believed to be trying to retrieve her children, Olguin said.

Bradley Bleimeyer remains in the Harris County jail. Saturday's arrest was his third in Harris County in as many months, court records show. In mid-January, he was charged with misdemeanor theft of a battery. In early February, he was charged with burglary of a habitation, a felony, for allegedly kicking down the door of a house two blocks down. He encountered the homeowner's son - a friend of one of his children - who pointed a handgun at Bleimeyer and caused him to flee, court records state. He was released on $20,000 bail in that incident.

His partner appears to have taken his name as his common-law wife.

Tami Elizabeth Frank purchased the 2,300-square-foot, two-story house on Castlemont in September 2009 for $98,000. The two-toned brown structure is in far north Harris County's Bridgestone subdivision.

Neighbors reported incidents of yelling, loud music and loose dogs attributed to the household over the years - and never saw more than two or three children.

On Monday, the unkempt front yard was littered with trash including several empty pouches of chewing tobacco. An overgrown back yard with vegetation that impeded access to play equipment could be seen through slats in the fence.

The house is one block away from Klein Independent School District's Roth Elementary.

A message left late Monday for the parents' family lawyer, who was identified by Olguin as Julie Ketterman, was not returned immediately.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, 09:20:03 AM »

It appears Tammi Bleimeyer made her $2,000 bail and has some of her children.  The previous article indicated three were taken to relatives. I truly hope for the sake of the little five year old boy and all of the children there will be good decisions made and the children will be safe for the rest of their lives.  Is it too much to hope?    Too many times we've seen children let down by the system.  They pay the price.   

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/article/Spring-couple-accused-of-endangering-underweight-5363946.php
Spring couple accused of endangering underweight boy

At some point, law enforcement officials released three other children to relatives, the assistant chief confirmed.

Olguin said that Tami Bleimeyer has six children - the 16-year-old boy that had been fighting with Bradley Bleimeyer as well as youngsters ages 14, 13, 7, another 5-year-old boy and a 1-year-old girl.

The fate of those children will be addressed in court on Tuesday when CPS officials request custody of the hospitalized boy.

http://www.kvue.com/news/253301361.html
Deputies: Boy, 5, found beaten and malnourished inside closet of Spring home
Posted on March 31, 2014 at 8:59 PM
Updated today at 7:42 AM (April 1, 2014)

Deputies immediately arrested both Bradley Bleimeyer and Tammi Bleimeyer at the motel. Both were charged with felony child endangerment, and booked into the Harris County Jail. The father is in jail with no bond, and the victim's stepmother's bond was set at $2,000.

The victim was in the hospital in stable condition on Monday and expected to remain in the hospital for weeks. He is in the custody of Children’s Protective Services.
Meanwhile, KHOU 11 News crews saw Bleimeyer picking up her kids from their elementary school. She said none of the story is true and sped off in her Expedition.
However, one of the family’s neighbors said investigators have been at the couple’s home in the past. 
"It's not the first time CPS or police have been out," said Skip Warren.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2014, 03:15:01 PM »

kudos to the 16 yr old boy who did the right thing..otherwise, this little child would have ended up dead! why this particular child vs all the rest that she has? she only wants this kids back because she gets 'aid' for them...just my opinion, I have no proof of that, but I bet these kids are her only source of income...if I am wrong about that, oh well....
she should not get any of these kids back, ever! they both belong in jail!

theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2014, 09:04:03 PM »

OMG the pictures of the little boy made me cry. How the heck could anyone do that to a child? And why the heck does she have ANY children in her care????

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2014, 09:08:14 PM »

OMG the pictures of the little boy made me cry. How the heck could anyone do that to a child? And why the heck does she have ANY children in her care????

I have  no idea how anyone could do that to a child.     I cried too when I saw the photos.  Anyone that can do this to a child shouldn't have any children in their care.  They shouldn't have any animals or pets either.  JMHO

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2014, 09:40:56 PM »

(my bold)  I seriously doubt the little boy would have survived until CPS got back around to investigating some more.    

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Biological-mother-of-abused-boy-5-will-seek-5367492.php?cmpid=houtexhcat
Biological mother of abused boy, 5, will seek custody
April 1, 2014

The biological mother of a severely malnourished 5-year-old Spring boy whose father and stepmother were arrested this weekend on child endangerment charges will seek custody of her son, her lawyer said Tuesday.

The boy's father, Bradley Bleimeyer, 24, and 33-year-old stepmother Tami Bleimeyer, are charged with child endangerment. A criminal complaint accuses them of endangering the boy by failing to feed him.

Frank Mann, an attorney for the boy's biological mother, said Bradley Bleimeyer had kept his client from her son for two and a half years. Mann said Bradley Bleimeyer often took the child out of state, making it difficult for her to locate him.

She was reunited with the boy this week for the first time in more than two years, Mann said. The child, who weighs about 29 pounds, is hospitalized.

"It was very emotional (for the mother) to find the child in such a condition," Mann said.

The boy was discovered by authorities on Friday.

He was not emaciated when he was visited, interviewed and photographed by child welfare workers earlier this year, CPS officials said.

When social workers sought to further investigate abuse and neglect allegations, the parents retained an attorney and refused to cooperate further, Child Protective Services spokeswoman Estella Olguin said Monday.

"And then we were told that the father and the boy had moved out of state," she said, adding that officials were never given a location.

That's why the discovery of the skinny-to-the-bones boy five weeks later has social workers as well as neighbors and the larger Houston community. CPS officials saw the child on Feb. 20.

"He was not in this state of malnourishment," Olguin said, citing pictures taken at that time. "Now we know they never moved. ... We still had more investigating to do on that case."

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2014, 09:51:36 PM »

(my bold) Family members think the little boy was living under these conditions for the past year.  What about that CPS visit on Feb. 20th?  Supposedly there were photos taken at the time and he was't emaciated.  How long does it take for a little boy to look like this one did when he was finally taken out of the home?  Did anyone look at his back?  Something doesn't sound right. 

On another note, there's a FB link at bottom of article Toy Drive for Baby Boy Bleimeyer , and it looks like they're gathering not only toys, but shoes and clothes for him. 

http://www.khou.com/news/Mother-of-5-year-old-boy-found-beaten-and-malnourished---253472211.html
Mother of boy found beaten and malnourished says she wasn't allowed to see son
April 1, 2014

HOUSTON –  The mother of a 5-year-old boy found malnourished and beaten inside the stairway closet of home in Spring says the victim’s father didn’t allow her to see her son.

Now the child’s biological mother is trying to get custody of her only son. She has been visiting the child as he remains in a hospital. 
"It was the most amazing thing. It was like giving birth again, it was amazing, he knew who I was.  I tried not to cry, I have to be strong for him," said Windy Hall, the boy's biological mother.
For two years, Hall said she wasn't allowed to see her son.
"This has been a long and hard struggle for me and my family.  I know it's nothing compared to what my little boy has been through. He's been through a lot and I want him to know that mommy is never going to leave him. Nothing can explain the torture and pain. I had nightmares. For so long, I wake up crying," said Hall.
The boy has been telling his grandmother heartbreaking stories from his hospital bed. She said he was fed once a day.
"He had a little mattress, he was kept locked up, he was given drugs to make him sleep when people would come to their home so he wouldn’t make any noise. He was locked up under that stairwell.  In a separate room. His daddy hitting him.  He can't cry when the other children took his food. He was fed a piece of bread and a cup of water or milk a day.  When he gets to eat food, he looks around at people because he thinks they're going to take his food," said the boy's biological grandmother Jacqueline Hall.
Family members said they think the boy was living in those conditions for one year.
Now the boy's relatives are thanking the 16-year-old stepbrother for making the discovery.
"I just want to tell everyone thank you so much for opening their hearts.  It's the best feeling in the world. He wants me to sleep in the bed with him every night. Every time I walk out of the room, he looks and looks, I say, ‘Don't worry baby, I’m coming back,’" said Hall.
The boy’s father was in jail with no bond, and the victim's stepmother's bond was set at $2,000.

A custody hearing will be held on April 21st. In the meantime, relatives have set up a Facebook page for the little boy: Toy Drive for Baby Boy Bleimeyer.
www.facebook.com/ToysForJordan

Is anyone a regular Twitter user? If so please use #ToysForJordan with this Facebook link - www.facebook.com/ToysForJordan

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2014, 09:21:06 AM »

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Stepmom-of-malnourished-boy-claims-shes-not-responsible-253489521.html
Stepmom of malnourished 5-year-old boy claims she’s not responsible
April 1, 2014

It’s an image that breaks your heart, but stepmother Tammie Bleimeyer says she’s not responsible for a severely underweight young boy.

HOUSTON -- It’s an image that breaks your heart, but stepmother Tammie Bleimeyer says she’s not responsible for a severely underweight young boy.
“I was shocked,” Bleimeyer told KHOU 11 News during an exclusive interview. “I have never seen him look like that and I have never seen him with his shirt off recently.”
The pregnant mother of six is charged with felony child endangerment in connection with the condition of the five-year-old.
Not just because police found him last Friday underweight, but also because the boy was allegedly forced to live in a closet under her stairs. Police say he was also found with bumps and bruises.
Her husband, the boy’s biological father, Bradley Bleimeyer, is facing the same charges.
They were arrested Friday at a motel located in the 9700 block of W FM 1960 Bypass in Humble. Police believe the couple fled there with the child.
“I think the story has gotten very twisted. There have been things added to it. Things changed. There’s a lot of lies out there,” said Bleimeyer.
The 33-year-old agreed to speak with KHOU because she wanted to set the record straight.
First, she says she didn’t take the young boy to the hotel.
“He (Bradley Bleimeyer) called me and asked me to come by so we brought some pizza,” she said. “He was actually eating pizza when the police arrived.”
She also says her husband wasn’t hiding.
“No. He was just in the hotel. He was just staying there because he wasn’t living at my house,” claims Bleimeyer.”
In addition, she says she and her husband aren’t living together. They have been separated since last summer.
In fact, she claims the father and son live in Alabama rather than her house in Spring.
She says she doesn’t know why he is so skinny.
“I have never seen him look like that and I have never seen him with his shirt off recently,” she said.
Last Thursday they were in town visiting at her home when a fist fight broke out between Bradley and her 16-year-old son.
The teen told police the fight started after he found the child in his diaper in a closet under the stairs.
Police were called and she claims the teen lied to investigators about allegations of abuse.
“There is an age difference between them that is not very great. They are close in age and he doesn’t respect him as a father,” she said referring to their eight year age difference.

As far as the allegations of the five-year-old sleeping under the stairs she claims they aren’t true.
“It’s a small square space that slants down at the stairs so it get smaller,” she said.
KHOU: “Could a child fit in there?”
Bleimeyer: “They could if it was empty, but it’s not now.”
She says the young boy had a room and slept in a bunk bed.
Her attorney says she’s been trying to tell her story to investigators.
“We have no idea why these allegations are being made. CPS (Child Protective Services) has known we are involved in this,” said attorney James Hedlesten.
Tuesday, Bleimeyer filed for divorce from her husband of a little more than two years.
But, she is not convinced that her soon to be ex-husband is responsible for the boy’s condition.
“I don’t know what caused him to look like that. I don’t know if it’s a health issue or something else like that,” she said. “I don’t want to be like everyone else and assume the worse.”
According to Mrs. Bleimeyer’s other attorney, Julie Ketterman, she still has custody of her other children, but has voluntarily placed them with relatives.
A hearing will be set soon.
Estella Olguin with CPS says you can donate items or money to the little boy by dropping them off at their office located at 2525 Murworth Drive in Houston, or you can donate to all the children in need by visiting their website.
"This organization BEAR which is a non-profit helps these children and in turn they're helping case workers who don't have to dig into their own pockets to buy all the items," said Olguin.
KHOU viewer Suzannah Gale has been in touch with the little boy's biological mother. She has created a Facebook page with information about clothing sizes and donation sites. Click here for more information.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2014, 09:24:35 AM »

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news&id=9487432
Boy, 5, allegedly lived in filthy closet without food
April 1, 2014

Deputies say they noticed the boy had bumps, bruises, and was severely underweight. They say because of his appearance, they called emergency personnel and the child was transported to a Humble hospital and then later to Texas Children's Hospital.

"He's in severe state of malnutrition and even introducing food to him has to be done really slowly," Children's Protective Services spokeswoman Estella Olguin said.

Clayton Ticer, a friend of the victim's 16-year-old brother, said it wasn't the first time.

"They would take him for a drive or whatever while the cops and CPS were there so they couldn't see him or talk to him," he said.

Ticer says his friend would often seek refuge at his house away from his stepfather.

"They've always gotten in fist fights and arguments, and it's always been pretty bad between them," he said.

Both Bradley Bleimeyer and Tammi Bleimeyer were arrested at the motel. Authorities say Tammi, who has six children, is pregnant with her seventh child.

The 5-year-old victim was still in the hospital Monday in the custody of Children's Protective Services. CPS is planning to ask for temporary custody for all of Tammi's six children during an emergency hearing Tuesday.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2014, 09:30:21 AM »

http://www.click2houston.com/news/father-stepmother-accused-of-locking-son-5-in-small-room-in-spring-home/25246614
Father, stepmother accused of locking son, 5, in closet in Spring home
March 31, 2014

HARRIS COUNTY -

Harris County Precinct 4 deputies responded to a disturbance call at the home in the 21500 block of Castlemont Lane on March 27.

Upon arrival, deputies found Bradley Bleimeyer, 24, arguing with his 16-year-old stepson in the front yard.
The boy told deputies that his father and stepmother were neglecting his younger stepbrother and keeping him locked in a closet under the stairs.

"When they went out to pay their homeowners fees they said it was seven kids. They had water, it was off for about a week or 10 days. They had electricity, it was off. And if you had people living here, we don't know how they existed but yeah, this is a sad day," said HOA member Skip Warren.

Officials entered the house and found a small room under the stairs with a lock and mattress inside.

Deputies said the stepmother, Tammi Bleimeyer, had left the house with the 5-year-old boy before they arrived.

Officials said they called the stepmother and she refused to return to the home with the boy.

Deputies were able to find Tammi Bleimeyer, 33, and the boy at a motel in Humble by tracking her cellphone on March 28.

Officials said the boy was taken to an area hospital; he had bumps and bruises and was severely malnourished.

"It's quite common for them to keep this kid locked away and we don't know why, they refuse to speak to us. This is something out a third world country, not here in the U.S," said Mark Herman.

Tammi Bleimeyer was arrested and booked into the Harris County Jail on a charge of endangering a child. She posted a $2,000 bond.

Bradley Bleimeyer, who was already out on bond for a burglary of habitation charge, was arrested and charged with endangering a child. He’s being held in jail on no bond.

Officials say Bradley Bleimeyer is the biological father of the 5-year-old boy. His wife, Tammi Bleimeyer, is the biological mother of the 16-year-old boy and five other children. She is also six months pregnant.

Officials say Tammi Bleimeyer's children are staying with family, but Children’s Protective Services is expected to be granted custody soon.

The 5-year-old remains hospitalized at Texas Children's Hospital. CPS is requesting emergency custody of him.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2014, 09:47:06 AM »

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/story/25122214/2014/03/31/domestic-abuse-case-leads-malnourished-child-found
Domestic abuse case leads to malnourished child found
March 31, 2014

According to investigators, rescuing the boy became a huge ordeal for officers because the boy's stepmother Tammi Bleimeyer ran away with him minutes before they arrived.

"We were able through law enforcement technology to track them to a motel in the city of Humble," explains Asst. Chief Herman.

After hours of trying to negotiate with her over the phone, police was finally able to find her. Bradley Bleimeyer, the boy's biological father, was originally involved in the domestic dispute hours before he was seen exiting the motel room. Deputy constables quickly arrested both individuals.

Herman also gives details about the state of the child saying, "He was malnourished, with bumps and bruises and was bleeding from his back. It was a horrific ordeal for those guys."

Neighbors of the couple tell FOX 26 that they suspected something was going on.

"Can I show you this photo? Oh man, that's just a shame," says Skip Warren, when FOX 26 showed him pictures of the boy.

One neighbor told FOX 26 that he contact Child Protective Services several times because the home did not have light or water.

Video at link. 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2014, 10:57:01 AM »

http://www.click2houston.com/news/cps-hearing-expected-in-locked-in-closet-abuse-case/25267950
Biological mom asks for custody of son 'locked in closet'
Published On: Apr 01 2014 12:46:32 PM CDT   Updated On: Apr 01 2014 10:52:45 PM CDT

HOUSTON -
Two parents are facing child abuse charges in a disturbing case accusing them of locking their son in a closet and not feeding him.

Deputies found the 5-year-old boy after they responded to a disturbance call at a home in Spring on March 27.

Investigators arrested the boy’s father and stepmother, Brad and Tammi Bleimeyer, and charged them with endangering a child.

The boy's biological mother, Windy Hall spoke out for the first time Tuesday. She was in court for a hearing regarding the boy's custody.

Officials say the boy is being treated at Children's Memorial Hermann Hospital for bumps, bruises and severe malnutrition.

"They put a padlock on there to keep him in there, and that is no way to treat my grandson," said the boy's grandmother, Jaqueline Hall.

Tammi Bleimeyer is pregnant and the mother to other six children. She is not the biological mother to the victim. 

Children's Protective Services is working to get custody of all of the couple's children.

The biological mother of the boy met with a judge Tuesday and asked for custody of the child.

A custody hearing will be set for late April to determine who gets custody of the boy.

If you'd like to donate clothing and toys to the boy you can choose from the list below.

Toys For Jordan,
Allpoints Towing,
123 Business Park Dr.
Willis, TX. 77378

Toys For Jordan,
A Childs View Day Care,
31925 Nichols Sawmill Rd.
Magnolia, TX. 77355

Toys For Jordan
Highpoint Insurance Group
1150 Clear Lake City Blvd ste 201
Houston, TX 77062

Toys For Jordan
Two Dogs Saloon
2702, S. Main St
Pearland, TX. 77581

Toys For Jordan
GoStephens Inc.,
7875, Northcourt Rd., Suite 100
Houston, Tx. 77040

Toys For Jordan
JB Title & Tax Services
7910, Helmers
Houston, TX. 77022

Requested items include clothing 3T to 6T, shoes 9 to 11, anything Ninja Turtles, Elmo, Mario Brothers, Houston Texans Football.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2014, 10:59:36 AM »

http://news92fm.com/425434/custody-hearing-for-boy-5-who-weighs-only-29-pounds/
Custody Hearing for Boy, 5, Who Weighs Only 29 Pounds [LISTEN]
April 1, 2014

A CPS hearing was held Tuesday to determine who gets custody of the child. His mother, Windy Hall, was in attendance. She said she hasn’t seen her son in two years. They were reunited at the hospital.
“I just wanted to thank everyone for opening our hearts to me and my son,” Hall said. “This has been a long and hard struggle for me and my family, but I know that it is nothing compared to what my little boy has been through.”

The mother is now fighting for her son. She told CPS she recently smoked pot and that she would test positive if they tested her. They are deciding if she can have custody and, if so, under what terms.

Clickable icon to hear in article.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2014, 11:06:26 AM »

The caption under the  photo of the house says the little boy was found in the closet, which from all other accounts isn't true.  He was located at a motel in Humble with his step-motherTammi Bleimeyer.  I didn't post the caption, as it just perpetuates errors, imo. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2593601/Pregnant-stepmother-father-allegedly-kept-boy-stairs.html
Pregnant stepmother and father 'kept starving 5-year-old son in a locked closet under the stairs'
Posted March 31, 2014, Updated April 1, 2014

Horrific: The boy's father Bradley Bleimeyer (left) and stepmother Tammi (right) allegedly locked the five-year-old boy under the stairs and starved him

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2014, 05:12:39 PM »

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/story/25181136/boy-kept-in-closet-makes-his-first-meal-request-a-happy-meal
Boy kept in closet makes his first meal request: A happy meal
April 7, 2014

HOUSTON (FOX 26) -
A malnourished five year old boy rescued from living in a closet at his own father's home has made his first meal request; a happy meal.

The young boy is in Child Protective Custody. The boy was discovered in late March after Police were responding to a domestic dispute call.

"The responding deputies, they found a closet and it appeared someone had been staying in the closet," says Harris County Precinct 4 Asst. Chief Mark Herman. He released photos of a five-year-old boy who was living in that closet.

The boy's tiny body showed clear signs of malnutrition and possible abuse. However, Herman adds, the boy would have never been discovered if it wasn't for a domestic dispute call.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2014, 05:21:40 PM »

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Spring-boy-s-first-food-request-a-Happy-Meal-5381392.php
Spring boy's first food request: a Happy Meal
April 6, 2014, Updated April 7, 2014

The Spring boy found severely malnourished last month was cleared to consume solid food - and he wanted McDonald's.

"The first thing that he asked for was a Happy Meal," Suzannah Gale said Sunday. "It just really did make it a happy meal."

Gale is a Heights resident organizing a Toys for Jordan drive through Facebook to bring joy to the boy and raise money for his medical expenses.

The youngster, who weighed 29 pounds when he was discovered by deputy constables on March 28, had been on a 300-calorie-per-day diet since he was admitted to the hospital early March 29.

No more feeding tube

After a week in recovery, the boy was taken off of a feeding tube, intravenous therapy and dietary restrictions, said Gale, who visited the child and his biological mother, Windy Hall, in the hospital on Saturday.

The boy's father and stepmother have been charged with child endangerment. Tami Bleimeyer has been released on $2,000 bail. Bradley Bleimeyer remains in the Harris County Jail on $150,000 bail.

Birthday party ahead

Individual donors from across the country have showered generosity on the boy, whose starvation case garnered international attention. The Facebook page has recruited more than three dozen businesses across the region as drop-off sites for clothes and other gifts.

An anonymous contributor gave Gale a Toys R Us gift card, and with that she purchased the LeapFrog tablet-based digital educational system for the child.

Hall, who had not seen her son in two years, was reunited with him in the hospital.

Even though the boy turned 5 on Feb. 3, Hall has promised him a birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese's.

The cost of that celebration is covered.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2014, 08:53:09 PM »

I think the bio mom needs to be looked at closely before this child is given to her..her story of not seeing him for over 2 years just does not ring true for me...

Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.