April 18, 2024, 09:49:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Boy, 5, found beaten and malnourished inside closet of Spring, TX home  (Read 19487 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2014, 09:47:58 PM »

http://www.khou.com/community/-Boy-found-beaten-malnourished-inside-closet-receives-dozens-of-toy-donations--254275911.html
Boy found beaten, malnourished inside closet receives dozens of toy donations
April 7, 2014

HOUSTON – A 5-year-old boy who was found beaten and malnourished inside a closet at a home in Spring has received dozens of toy donations.
A photo posted on Facebook shows the child in a hospital bed, enjoying his new toys. His family said he has also been cleared to eat solid food, and he put in a special request for a McDonald's Happy Meal.

The boy is currently in the custody of Children’s Protective Services. An emergency hearing, regarding the boy’s placement until the temporary order hearing on April 14, is planned for Tuesday.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2014, 10:03:53 PM »

Isn't he just darling?

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2014, 10:22:03 PM »

Isn't he just darling?

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2014, 02:30:02 PM »

http://www.kvue.com/home/254466571.html
Judge: 5-year-old boy found beaten, malnourished to stay at aunt’s house
April 8, 2014

HOUSTON -- A 5-year-old boy who was found beaten and malnourished inside a closet at a home in Spring will stay with an aunt.
The decision was made Tuesday during an emergency hearing regarding the boy’s placement. The boy has been in the custody of Children’s Protective Services.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2014, 02:31:59 PM »

http://kxan.com/2014/04/09/neglected-houston-area-boy-to-live-with-great-aunt/
Neglected Houston-area boy to live with great-aunt
April 9, 2014

HOUSTON (AP) — A malnourished 5-year-old Houston-area boy allegedly locked in a closet by his father and stepmother will stay with a great-aunt when he gets out of a hospital.

A judge in Houston on Tuesday awarded temporary custody to the maternal relative of the Spring boy discovered beaten and underfed on March 27.

The boy’s mother sought custody and will have access to her son when he’s discharged from a hospital — but temporary custody goes to the great-aunt.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2014, 08:46:01 PM »

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Judge-hearing-testimony-to-determine-home-for-5387089.php
Judge decides where starved Spring boy will live
April 8, 2014

A Harris County judge awarded temporary custody of a Spring boy found malnourished last month to Child Protective Services on Tuesday, but his mother will have unlimited access to him while the child resides with his great-aunt.

The decision came after a 5½-hour hearing in which both of the child's biological parents testified, as well as social workers and members of the 5-year-old's medical team. Five lawyers questioned witnesses.

An emergency hearing and ruling were necessary because the boy's condition has improved so dramatically since his hospital admission 10 days ago that he is expected to be discharged this week.

The boys' mother, 26-year-old Windy Hall, had asked for sole custody. CPS recommended that he live with Hall's maternal aunt, who passed a home study.

The child's presumed father - Bradley Bleimeyer, 24 - and his wife, 33-year-old Tami Bleimeyer, have been charged with felony child endangerment. He remains in the Harris County Jail on $150,000 bail, but was brought to court dressed in orange prison garb. The stepmother was released on $2,000 bail last week. Her six children are under CPS custody.

In court, dramatic details emerged about the child's treatment while in the care of the Bleimeyers.

Hall, who had not been with her son in two years, was reunited with him at the hospital.

"He was extremely emaciated," she testified, adding that medical personnel told her that "if this had gone on for another week, we would be having a funeral."

Preoccupied by food

Her son's skin was thin, scabbed and peeling. There were Taser marks on his ear, shoulder and back, she said. His thinning hair was falling out, as evidenced by bald patches. He was so weak, "he could not walk on his own the first two days," Hall testified.

The child remains on a calorie-restricted diet and has a long way to go physically and psychologically, according to hospital personnel.

Dr. Dawnelle Schatte, a child psychiatrist, said that Hall and her 20-year-old fiancé's inexperience as parents - and their marijuana use as confirmed in test results announced during the hearing - would not make them the best custodians at this time. She said the boy needed an "experienced maternal figure" and recommended the great-aunt.

Schatte also said she was "shocked" to see Dr. Phil McGraw - host of the syndicated "Dr. Phil" talk show - at the hospital last Friday and expressed concern that Hall attempted to give the celebrity talker access to the boy.

Hall's attorney, Frank Mann, told Harris County Family Court Judge James Lombardino that McGraw needed to meet and photograph the child to raise $250,000 for him as the host had done for others.

CPS investigator Nicolle Capps said the agency recommended against overnight visits with Hall until she and her fiancé, Derek Aune, have clean drugs tests.

Father pleads the Fifth

Jared Woodfill, the boy's court-appointed attorney, asked Bradley Bleimeyer about whether he had ever verbally or physically abused the child. Bleimeyer - who also had an attorney present - pleaded the Fifth Amendment to the entire inquiry, but confirmed he was the child's parent.

Lombardino raised concerns about funds collected in the boy's name through news outlets and social media as well as the use of the youngster's image. The judge said media "is not in the boy's best interest" and ordered that all donations go to the court registry.

CPS has temporary conservatorship of the child for the next 45 days. Hall is allowed to stay at her aunt's home with him overnight.

The ruling temporarily resolves Hall's repeated legal attempts to gain custody of the child.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2014, 08:51:22 PM »

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=9496115
Judge: Boy who was living in closet in Spring to live with great aunt; CPS keeps custody
April 8, 2014

The judge ruled that Child Protective Services will maintain custody of five-year-old Jordan Bleimeyer for the next 45 days even though he will be living with his great aunt in the Tomball area. His biological mother, Windy Hall, will be able to get possession of the boy, so long as he stays with at her aunt's home every night.

During the custody hearing Tuesday afternoon, Hall told the judge how her son's severely emaciated body was covered with scabs, skin peeling, and Taser marks on his ear and shoulder. She says the child had bald patches in his hair, could hardly walk, and any mention of food got his attention as she stayed next to him in the hospital this week.

Bradley Bleimeyer kept a blank stare on his face, telling the judge he's pleading the fifth and refusing to testify during this custody hearing.

Hall's own past isn't perfect. Formerly diagnosed with ADHD and bipolar disorder, she hadn't seen her son in more than two years. From her, the court is requiring random drug testing, psychiatric evaluations and parenting classes, in addition to anger management for her 20-year-old fiance.

"If they cannot come back with clean drug tests, then they are out of the picture," Jordan's court-appointed attorney Jared Woodfill said.

Hall told the judge she'll do whatever it takes to be with her child. For the next 45 days, they will live with her aunt, but her fiance won't be allowed there. And CPS will monitor. She's confident her child will be well taken care of, from here on out.

"I have absolutely no doubt that me and Derek can step up and be the parents that he needs us to be," she said.

The judge has to factor in what's going to be best for the boy's physical, emotional and mental well-being when deciding where to place him. We're monitoring that hearing and will let you know what the judge decides.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2014, 12:46:11 AM »

I hope the bio mom dies not get this child back. It scares me to death about her and her young fiancée. How many stories do we hear about abuse and death at the hands  of a  boyfriend or step parent. Not saying this fiancée who is really just a kid himself would hurt the child but if they are making him take anger management classes already, I see danger signs.

Personally, I think people may want this child because they see dollar signs. TV shows, such as Dr. Phil etc. magazines wanting interviews .....sigh...

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2014, 09:01:39 AM »

I hope the bio mom dies not get this child back. It scares me to death about her and her young fiancée. How many stories do we hear about abuse and death at the hands  of a  boyfriend or step parent. Not saying this fiancée who is really just a kid himself would hurt the child but if they are making him take anger management classes already, I see danger signs.

Personally, I think people may want this child because they see dollar signs. TV shows, such as Dr. Phil etc. magazines wanting interviews .....sigh...

I agree about some of your fears for this young boy's future, Cookie. 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2014, 07:15:30 PM »

http://www.kvue.com/news/5-year-old-boy-found-malnourished-in-closet-released-from-CPS-custody-254943661.html
Malnourished boy released from CPS custody
April 11, 2014

HOUSTON -- CPS officials say the five-year-old boy who was found beaten and malnourished in a closet has been released into the care of his great aunt.
He was released from Children's Protective Services custody on Thursday, officials say.

Deputies arrested and charged Bradley Bleimeyer and the victim’s stepmother, Tammi Bleimeyer, with felony child endangerment.

The child’s biological mother said she was unaware of his living conditions and told KHOU 11 News she was not allowed to see the boy, who is her only son.
Family members said they think the boy was living in those conditions for one year.

The biological mother visited the child while he was in the hospital and sought custody, but a judge granted temporary custody to the great-aunt instead.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2014, 02:48:32 PM »

(see my bold, blue) That's sick!!

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2014/04/13/boy-who-nearly-starved-death-released-hospital
Boy who nearly starved to death released from hospital
April 13, 2014

James Hedlesten, attorney for Tammi Bleimeyer, said his client met with a CPS investigator on March 4 to answer questions about Jordan, and reported that the child had been living with his father in Alabama. Hedlesten said his client’s position is that she had seen the boy only twice since late February, at which time he did not appear malnourished.

Estella Olguin, spokeswoman for the Harris County Department of Family and Protective Services said there are concerns about a court-ordered drug test that showed Jordan’s biological mother, Windy Hall, 26, and her 20-year-old boyfriend, had been using marijuana.

“They were concerns about habitual, chronic drug use,” Olguin said. “So the judge did not order the boy to be returned to the mom, but did say that she could have unlimited visits 24/7.”

CPS plans to assist Jordan’s mother in regaining custody. Olguin said drug tests were administered for Jordan’s mother in February and April, the second of which showed she had not used marijuana since her prior test. The boyfriend must be part of the testing process because he lives with the mother and plans to be part of Jordan’s life, Olguin said.

Concern was also raised during the custody hearing regarding comments allegedly made by the boyfriend.

“’Some of the hospital staff had heard him say about how to discipline [Jordan] if he misbehaved, and the boyfriend said something like, ‘Well we just won’t give him anything to eat.’”

According to Olguin, Jordan’s mother told the court that she would be willing to make whatever changes she needed to in order to regain custody.

“You knew that there was something wrong, even if he had his shirt on,” Olguin said about the boy’s physical appearance. “The sunken eyes, the pale skin, the bruise he had on his forehead.”

“Like the doctor said in his testimony, a couple more days and he wouldn't have made it.”

Bradley Bleimeyer's attorney, Ted Doebbler, said he does not comment on pending cases.

A phone call to Frank Mann, attorney for Windy Hill, was not returned before this article was published.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2014, 02:54:42 PM »

Look at this close up shot of little boy's back.  It doesn't even begin to tell the terrible story of his life, imo.  He's alive and he's recovering now.  I hope and pray he never, ever has to face anything like he did before.  I hope CPS and the legal system do what is best and what is right for him.  He deserves a good home and a happy childhood.  I'm not so enamored of his bio mom and her bf wishes etc. and trying to place him with her etc., etc.  This is the wrong child to work on a learning curve with.  JMHO

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2014/04/02/child-abuse-how-you-can-help
Dr. Judy Ho: Child Protective Services is broken
April 2, 2014

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2014, 04:42:21 PM »

good grief!  Lord help this poor child and those making plans for his future -- immediate or otherwise.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2014, 09:16:53 AM »

I hope that they are placing him in the right home. Supposedly the mother and her boyfriend are moving in with the aunt if word around can be believed. The site for this little boy is asking for Walmart and gas cards to help the great aunt out  as she is not financially able to afford it. Wouldn't she get financial aid and also medical for this child? People on the site said no. But I do not think that is correct. The whole approach does not set well with me. I stopped reading it. Sigh....
I just hope that it all works out so he does  not have to be disrupted again. Poor little guy...

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2014, 09:18:07 AM »

Look at this close up shot of little boy's back.  It doesn't even begin to tell the terrible story of his life, imo.  He's alive and he's recovering now.  I hope and pray he never, ever has to face anything like he did before.  I hope CPS and the legal system do what is best and what is right for him.  He deserves a good home and a happy childhood.  I'm not so enamored of his bio mom and her bf wishes etc. and trying to place him with her etc., etc.  This is the wrong child to work on a learning curve with.  JMHO

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2014/04/02/child-abuse-how-you-can-help
Dr. Judy Ho: Child Protective Services is broken
April 2, 2014

Totally agree....

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2014, 09:29:55 AM »

I hope the great-aunt is one heck of a strong woman and advocate for the little boy.  It would appear she's not only taking on caring for an abused five year old boy, but she's also going to have a young woman and a young man in her home, neither which have parenting experience.  She should really be focusing on helping the little boy heal and his needs and not having to shepherd his bio mom and her boy friend.  Why in the world would the boyfriend make a remark about not feeding the little boy as a discipline measure if he misbehaved?  Was that supposed to be some kind of sick joke?    I have very bad feelings about the little one's future. 

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2014/04/13/boy-who-nearly-starved-death-released-hospital
Boy who nearly starved to death released from hospital

Concern was also raised during the custody hearing regarding comments allegedly made by the boyfriend.

“’Some of the hospital staff had heard him say about how to discipline [Jordan] if he misbehaved, and the boyfriend said something like, ‘Well we just won’t give him anything to eat.’”

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2014, 09:31:47 AM »

Terrible. The whole arrangement seems screwy to me.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2014, 09:34:51 AM »

Terrible. The whole arrangement seems screwy to me.

It sounds to me like some of the CPS stuff with keeping children with parents/family.  I find sometimes this intent backfires and the child pays dearly, sometimes with their lives.  JMHO

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2014, 02:47:48 PM »

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Stepmother-of-5-year-old-malnourished-boy-loses-custody-of-biological-children-255439561.html
Stepmother of 5-year-old malnourished boy loses custody of biological children
April 16, 2014

HOUSTON – The stepmother of the 5-year-old boy found starved in Spring has now lost custody of her biological children.
Tammi Bleimeyer appeared in court Tuesday trying to get permission to bring her six children home. She said she had no idea her 5-year-old stepson was in poor health, but CPS officials testified that Bleimeyer and her husband kept food from the boy and forced him to live in a closet.
The judge gave custody of her children to CPS and ordered Bleimeyer to have no contact with them.
Her 5-year-old stepson is living with relatives of his biological mother.

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2014, 09:35:37 PM »

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Stepmother-of-5-year-old-malnourished-boy-loses-custody-of-biological-children-255439561.html
Stepmother of 5-year-old malnourished boy loses custody of biological children
April 16, 2014

HOUSTON – The stepmother of the 5-year-old boy found starved in Spring has now lost custody of her biological children.
Tammi Bleimeyer appeared in court Tuesday trying to get permission to bring her six children home. She said she had no idea her 5-year-old stepson was in poor health, but CPS officials testified that Bleimeyer and her husband kept food from the boy and forced him to live in a closet.
The judge gave custody of her children to CPS and ordered Bleimeyer to have no contact with them.
Her 5-year-old stepson is living with relatives of his biological mother.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.