April 26, 2024, 04:30:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yellowstone Volcano Eruption in 2014? Are Animals Fleeing Park As ‘An Alert’?  (Read 1405 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: April 02, 2014, 04:55:29 PM »

A number of bloggers are posting videos that show bison and other animals allegedly leaving Yellowstone National Park, prompting theories that as earthquakes ramp up the seismic activity will set off the Yellowstone supervolcano.

Two of the main bloggers behind the discussion stress that there’s no way to know when the supervolcano will go off but note that the 4.8 magnitude earthquake that hit on March 30 seemed to set off a reaction from the animals, who are moving for a reason.

“Whether I believe this, or whether I don’t believe the story or not, I don’t know. I can tell you this story I saw this morning about the buffaloes running the street … whether or not it’s because of any activity in Yellowstone or not, I don’t know,” said blogger Jay Lee, who posted a story on his site tatoott1009.com.

“But I’ll tell you this, whatever the case may be, that their running away from Yellowstone is an alert of some sort.”

Read more and watch video here - http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/593833-yellowstone-volcano-eruption-in-2014-some-believe-animals-are-fleeing-park-see-it-as-an-alert/

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 09:10:39 PM »

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/04/08/turns-out-a-video-of-bison-purportedly-fleeing-yellowstone-is-a-hoax.html
Turns Out, a Video of Bison Purportedly Fleeing Yellowstone Is a Hoax
April 8, 2014

That video of bison fleeing Yellowstone in anticipation of a volcanic eruption? Yeah, not so much. The buffalo are actually running toward the park.

In the last few weeks, interest in a YouTube video purporting to show bison fleeing Yellowstone National Park has rocketed around the Internet. The video, which has racked up nearly two million views since publishing on March 20, is titled "ALERT! Yellowstone Buffalo Running for Their Lives!"

The animals are supposedly evacuating themselves in anticipation of an eruption at the park, which sits on a huge volcanic system. Curiosity about the claim was surely fueled by the recent magnitude 4.8 earthquake last month, the largest at the park in 30 years.

But the warning turned out to be a hoax: Yellowstone released its own counter-video with an affable staffer explaining that it’s not unusual for wildlife to leave the park during the winter to seek food. Plus, one spokesman pointed out that the bison featured in the video are actually running into the park—that is, towards the volcano.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 09:12:13 PM »

http://www.nps.gov/yell/naturescience/volcanoqa.htm

National Park Service

Volcano Questions & Answers

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.