April 19, 2024, 09:48:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cold Water Flat  (Read 1378 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: April 05, 2014, 08:14:13 AM »

Previous generations worked their way up from the 'cold water flat'.  What is a cold water flat?  A home with just cold water.  Elders spoke of having to get up and wash with cold water.  Likely there was no indoor plumbing, and just a single water spigot in the house.  People worked (immigrants, citizens, lower & middle classes) to make a better life.  They worked to install indoor plumbing, central heat, hot water...

Work was the answer.  There was no big government giving anyone a free ride.

Ever wonder why the wealthy keep getting richer under Obamanomics?  The working class is shrinking?  People can't afford to 'buy' a home?  Save for the future?

I think that today, welfare payments are used as an excuse for wealth transfers from working people and future generations to the wealthy.  It's a 'win-win' no matter which direction you look.  More poor people?  Give them housing vouchers.  In the olden days of Cabrini Green in Chicago, there were ugly public housing complexes, riddled with gangs, crime, filth, and generally an ugly place to live.  It was for many 'a community'.  For some reason, the community couldn't lock out bad people (with or without guns and other weapons).  It was ok, Obama's 'we' owned the housing.   From memory, Obama's 'WE' paid lawyers for failing to provide safe housings and other  things 'free' to the community.  How much did the lawyers make?

Today, they get free housing.  Give them a voucher, reduced rent.  Where does that 'we' money go?  How much goes to big complexes, big business?  Businesses that overwhelmingly rely on welfare dollars?  'We' don't own the property.  How is that ok in Obamanomics?

Much is made about Walmart and food stamps.  How much do they profit?  How much of the ready cut up and prepared food is purchased by food stamps?  As compared to the non-food stamp purchaser?  I have to believe big business like Walmart knows where their sales come from.  Likely they look to increase profit as much as the next business. 

If you living on food stamps, have your whole day to putter around since you haven't a job, can't you cut up your own fruit and veggies?  Cook your own food? 

Who own's those companies in Mexico processing produce?  More welfare transfers to the wealthy?  Foreigners?

What is wrong with this picture?

Yesterday's citizens and immigrants paid their own way.  They watched every penny.  Today, $6 billion appears to disappear from the State Department.  Doesn't anyone care in Washington?

Welfare money goes to enrich wealthy people and throw working people and future generations into debt bondage, slavery, massive debt?

Who can save a dime when your savings are continually 'inflated' away by humane large central banks?

You don't have to be a citizen to live off the largess of the American welfare citizen.  Just run over the border and seemingly instantly apply for aid.

The cold water flat with it's wooden or dirt floors was a starting point.  Today, working people seem to have less spending money than welfare recipients, less opportunity than illegal aliens, fewer opportunities than non working people, and get burdened with debt and poverty.

just my humble opinions and observations

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 08:15:33 AM »

Ever see those pictures of South American slums?  The ones with a beautiful home on one side of a fence and slums on the other?

Is this America's future? 

Which side of the fence are the majority going to end up on?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.