April 16, 2024, 02:04:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Easter Eggs and School Lunches  (Read 1658 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: April 06, 2014, 08:25:56 AM »

Why is an Easter Egg Hunt flyer religious?  Not allowed in the schools?

Why are Halal meals being served in school lunch programs?  I don't recall the need for Kosher meals being so much discussed?  Vegetarian meals too?

"City Councilman Rafael Espinal wants schools to offer halal lunches to Muslim students"
read more here - http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/education/pol-schools-offer-halal-lunches-article

Why are school lunch rooms promoting a specific religion?  Why aren't the parents feeding their children?  Is that one of the responsibilities of parents?  Provide food and shelter?  Teach their children religious values?

Why are taxpayers providing catering in schools anyway?  Why not eliminate the 'junk' from the school day and return to the basics without the 'lens' of liberalism applied?  Longer school days and free/low cost food doesn't seem to be improving performance.

"Muslims: Halal Lunches in School are a Constitutional Right"
read more here - http://www.frontpagemag.com/2014/dgreenfield/muslims-halal-school-lunches-are-our-constitutional-right-2/

"Now Muslim parents are complaining about flyers for Easter egg hunts
Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/04/05/now-muslim-parents-are-complaining-about-flyers-for-easter-egg-hunts/

How does a once a year flyer for an Easter Egg hunt compare to daily advertisements in a school for religious meals?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 08:34:11 AM »

Maybe the answer is more school vouchers? 

Let every parent send their child to the school of their choosing?

Muslim and Jewish parents can use their voucher to send their children to schools that offer religious food choices?

Vegetarians?

Public schools for the politically correct and intolerant?

Private schools that teach children to excel, make good and appropriate food choices, eat at home, demonstrate religious tolerance, reward hard work, keep the school day to a minimum or perhaps an all inclusive full day care program?

So many things people could do with vouchers.

Why is a piece of paper advertising a one day Easter Egg hunt wrong?  Likely these flyers up pasted all over town too. 

Why a religious lunch in a public school? 

How many ethnic foods were destroyed in public schools when they started serving tacos, pizza, and hamburgers?  There are many ethnic backgrounds that do not have tacos, pizza, and hamburgers as part of their history.  How many ethnic traditions are destroyed by big government and public schools?

just my humble opinions and reflections

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 07:41:53 PM »

Agree with you!
These people make me so angry.
They expect us to not  have our "rights" in our own country, while demanding that we change to their wants and will. And we are foolish enough to do it.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.