March 28, 2024, 02:45:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Actor Mickey Rooney, America's boy next door, dies at 93  (Read 2308 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: April 07, 2014, 12:09:47 AM »

http://news.msn.com/pop-culture/actor-mickey-rooney-americas-boy-next-door-dies-at-93-1

33 min ago| By Reuters
snip
Rooney, who spent almost his entire life in show business, teamed up with Judy Garland in the 1939 movie muscial "Babes in Arms." He also starred with Elizabeth Taylor in 1944's "National Velvet," which launched Taylor's career.

Rooney was best known for his role as Andy Hardy, the popular all-American teenager, which he portrayed in about 20 movies.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 12:13:19 AM »

https://www.google.com/search?newwindow=1&hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1261&bih=680&q=Mickey+Rooney&oq=Mickey+Rooney&gs_l=img.12..0l10.2416.2416.0.3304.1.1.0.0.0.0.114.114.0j1.1.0....0...1ac..39.img..0.1.113.4zrSlXYnlfo

more images

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 08:53:24 AM »

Mickey Rooney certainly played many, many roles in his long acting run!  I found what is said to be his "official" website and saw he had been a victim of elder abuse by his stepson and his stepson's wife.  He was very brave to appear before the Senate in Washington DC to help others, imo.  I hope the website can be updated soon to reflect his passing. 

http://www.mickeyrooney.com/
The Official Site of Mickey Rooney

Rooney's personal life, including his frequent trips to the altar, has proven to be just as epic as his on-screen performances. His first wife was one of the most beautiful women in Hollywood, actress Ava Gardner. Mickey permanently and legally separated from his eighth wife Jan in June of 2012. In 2011 Rooney filed elder abuse and fraud charges against stepson Christopher Aber and Aber's wife. At Rooney's request, the Superior Court issued a restraining order against the Aber's demanding they stay 100 yards from Rooney, Mickey's stepson Mark Rooney and Mark's wife Charlene. Just prior, Rooney mustered the strength to break his silence and appeared before the Senate in Washington D.C. telling of his own heartbreaking story of abuse in an effort to live a peaceful, full life and help others who may also be suffering in silence.

Rooney requested through the Superior Court to permanently reside with his son Mark (a musician) and Charlene Rooney (an artist) in the Hollywood Hills.
Ironically, after eight failed marriages he has never looked or felt better and has finally found happiness in the single life. Once again Mickey Rooney has proven that he is a survivor and shows no signs of slowing down or retiring.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.