April 19, 2024, 11:46:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 70 Cent Commodity? Poor People  (Read 1136 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: April 22, 2014, 04:55:42 PM »

Earlier this year, Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) offended the sensibilities of those who are highly attuned to every racist inflection of Republican speech when he said that there is “this tailspin of culture in our inner cities, in particular of men not working and just generations of men not even thinking about working or learning the value and the culture of work; and so there's a real culture problem here that has to be dealt with.” Ryan later apologized for being “inarticulate,” but he needn't have. He is the object of leftist scorn because he is the go-to guy for budgeting in the GOP, and he has taken particular aim at federal anti-poverty programs that have done little or nothing over the last 50 years to achieve their stated objectives.

But he's not the only person to criticize inner city culture. Michelle Obama recently said, “When it comes to getting an education, too many of our young people just can't be bothered. They're sitting on couches for hours playing video games, watching TV. Instead of dreaming of being a teacher or a lawyer or a business leader, they're fantasizing about being a baller or a rapper.”

It's not just recent, either. Way back in 1976, none other than race baiter in chief Jesse Jackson said, “I know black contractors who have gone out of business because their black workers were not prompt or had negative attitudes. I know black workers who take pride about going to work any hour they feel like it, taking the day off when they feel like it. … Many leaders who are black and many white liberals will object to my discussing these things in public. But the decadence in the black community … is already in the headlines; the only question is what we should do about it.”

My favorite line?  "As for the failed federal “War on Poverty,” Woodson notes this sad truth: “Around 70 cents of every dollar designated to relieve poverty goes not to poor people but to people who serve the poor – social workers, counselors, et cetera."

read more - http://patriotpost.us/articles/25063

Alternative?  Poor people are big business.   Where they shop, rent, etc., on the public dime.

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.