March 19, 2024, 04:28:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN # 15 - 6/21/05  (Read 365013 times)
bgcntry72
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1040 on: June 21, 2005, 03:46:06 PM »

Rough day at work...
Lack of sleep last night...
Frustration with this case...
Thoughts of the only sister I lost years ago...
Sometimes this stuff gets the better of me...
As for me being angry, filled with conspiracy theories, and hating everyone I work with...
Not so much...
Carry on...

I tell the voices in your head what to say.
jagz2u
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1041 on: June 21, 2005, 03:46:16 PM »

Quote from: "nikkibnurse"
Quote from: "KerinTX"
{{{NIKKI}}}} what up, my sista'? My and my home fries r just chillaxin and waitin on news of NH.

Word....
signed, a cackling hen.... Rolling Eyes

LOL, Drive em mad gals. If you cant keep up and dont like to read why on site called "SM"?
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1042 on: June 21, 2005, 03:46:33 PM »

Quote from: "rogers"
Quote from: "HannieC"
Anyone knows if i can see that interview with Greta and Nat`s mom and joran`s mom ( if it`s true) on the internet? Since the only channel i can recieve here in Holland is CNN international with not much news on the case. Confused

Only a guess, but I would think that it will be available online at www.foxnews.com AFTER it is aired this evening.  That will be at 10:00 EST.

im googling rogers right now.. we're getting to the bottom of this....

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Ting
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1043 on: June 21, 2005, 03:46:48 PM »

I can't remember who asked the question this morning, I also thought about it, and present the following rant:

I don't think there is one single answer to why there is so much interest in this case, both on the part of media and public.

Media in the US is a business, and if the story were not popular, if there were not interest, it would not be covered. Others have already noted that it is not covered with the same intensity on all channels.

Demographics is definitely a factor. While the US has a diverse population, and is in the process, as are some other parts of the world, of a major demographic shift, at the present time the majority US population are ethnic Europeans/Caucasians, so there's that. And while it is not politically correct to mention it, Natalee and her family all conform to the prevailing "standard of beauty" of that majority, all the family members are articulate, well-spoken, and visibly suffering.

I don't think that anybody is going to suggest that if this were about an unattractive young girl of minority ethnicity with unattractive family members who stammered and froze in front of the camera that either media coverage or public interest would be the same.

The story is compelling. America loves sensational stories and this one has all the ingredients: the innocent maiden in distress in an exotic locale, the anguished mother, herself quite lovely, the stalwart father trying to be stoic, the purported villains, two stereotypically dark and mysterious, one deceptively pink and white, a silver-tongued devil disguised as a handsome prince, and all the whodunnit you can eat.

And there are also those who see the story as a confirmation of strongly held beliefs, political, religious, or both. That would include people who see the whole thing as an object lesson that young people, especially young women, should not do this or that, as well as those who don't see why any right-thinking American would want to go off to some foreign country when the good old USA has plenty of beaches, as well as the inevitable schadenfreude enthusiasts who nod to each other that you see? money can't buy everything.

Personally, the thing that I find most intriguing about this particular case is the unusual level of US government involvement, so I guess that puts me in a small subset of the people who just can't resist a mystery.

For the most part, with the obvious exceptions as outlined above, I believe that the vast majority of those following the case (and I inlclude myself here also) sincerely hope that Natalee can be reunited with her family.
nikkibnurse
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1044 on: June 21, 2005, 03:47:27 PM »

AND I hope the Lord excuses my typo...LOL

"God dont like ugly"
mojo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1045 on: June 21, 2005, 03:47:32 PM »

Hannie, i think you and i are stuck in the same boat. sometimes you can find transcripts of these shows but so far i haven't been able to find anything.

The state of the condition insults my intuition
kuaitzu
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1046 on: June 21, 2005, 03:47:37 PM »

Quote from: "rogers"
Quote from: "nikkibnurse"
Kerin...ummm...who is panty boy? LOL

For the record.  Its not me.

"Panty Boy" is the guy from Aruba..who allegedly..found the womens panties..condoms..etc. in front of the Marriott Hotel..during a search???

A lie has a certain weight for those that tend to believe it.
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1047 on: June 21, 2005, 03:49:38 PM »

Reporters from Aruban radio station Top 95 launched their own search before police arrived, at the Marriott, finding a pair of torn pink-and-white polka dot panties and three condoms, two of them used, said one of the journalists, Albert Vrolijk.

http://www.crimelibrary.com/news/ap/06052/16_04_aruba_case.html
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1048 on: June 21, 2005, 03:49:49 PM »

Quote from: "bgcntry72"
Rough day at work...
As for me being angry, filled with conspiracy theories, and hating everyone I work with...
Not so much...
Carry on...

do you have any insight?   i d like to know....

+++

chelsblu
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1049 on: June 21, 2005, 03:50:05 PM »

Quote from: "Kelly"
is that inteview with beth. suppsoed to be on tonight

Yes but someone posted that they got the idea that the meeting wasn't taped so we might just hear about it from Greta. I didn't hear that part but I was momentarilly interupted by some kid wanting me to get off of this computer and do something for him. He's got some nerve. Does he think I took him to raise.......Oh wait...that was my kid.. I though he looked familiar.   Laughing Maybe i need to get off of this forum. It's addictive. I'm gonna need an INTERVENTION..
nikkibnurse
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1050 on: June 21, 2005, 03:50:06 PM »

Cali, did any of you guys see valentijin/s girlfriend's blog?

"God dont like ugly"
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1051 on: June 21, 2005, 03:50:54 PM »

Quote from: "bgcntry72"
Rough day at work...
Not so much...
Carry on...

I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your sister. Our hearts go out to you.
PoorPaulaNNJ
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1052 on: June 21, 2005, 03:50:56 PM »

Quote from: "inspector_detector"
Quote from: "DT"
Quote from: "medleyrelay"
I got the feeling we are not going to see the meeting - I think they said that it was not taped - but I think that says a lot for the Van der sloots to let Greta and Beth go in there - no matter what many have been saying I give them some credit for this!

Yeah I think they said that they would give details of the meeting.  One thing I found interesting is that they interrrogate joran for 11 hrs sometimes, calling him a murderer and showing him pictures of natalee.  I can't see how he hasn't cracked yet.

According to the Aruban Bloggers they have cracked - that's how they got Croes. Croes was Deepaks connection for rufies.

More arrests to come:? Obviously Croes supplier - that's why the DEA is heavily invlolved.

Wow! Very interesting. Do you have a link for the Aruban Bloggers?
Y'alls Psychic Detective
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1053 on: June 21, 2005, 03:51:46 PM »

Quote from: "iquitos"
Reporters from Aruban radio station Top 95 launched their own search before police arrived, at the Marriott, finding a pair of torn pink-and-white polka dot panties and three condoms, two of them used, said one of the journalists, Albert Vrolijk.

Just for clarification, note that this was two weeks after Natalee disappeared.
inspector_detector
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1054 on: June 21, 2005, 03:51:50 PM »

Quote from: "Ting"
Personally, the thing that I find most intriguing about this particular case is the unusual level of US government involvement, so I guess that puts me in a small subset of the people who just can't resist a mystery.

Everyone loves a mystery, thats why most of us are here.

The theory I believe at this point was that Natalee died of a drug overdose. That's why we have the DEA involved. Shocked
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1055 on: June 21, 2005, 03:52:01 PM »

http://www.nationalledger.com/scribe/archives/2005/06/guard_provides.shtml
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1056 on: June 21, 2005, 03:52:19 PM »

Quote from: "iquitos"

Couldn't top95 or Dario have planted those, since the person who "found" them was so willing to pick them up?
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1057 on: June 21, 2005, 03:52:44 PM »

:::pulling my nine on Rob::::

Hey, I didn't think we were going to go back through this again. People who have a negative opinion of what we post during the still, no news times (which are becoming more and more frequent) are GHOSTS to me. Don't see 'um, don't hear 'um, don't smell 'um. Just a small breeze blowing by.
Every person in here who comes in regularly (and not I did NOT say REGS or NEWBIES to describe) post very very VERY good ideas/theroires, etc. when there is breaking news OR when there is something new to talk about. But personally I am not going to rehash a set of photos that were talked about for 2 1/2 hours a few nights ago. I don't SLAM on you when you come in here bringing up "days old news" acting like it is some revelation so don't SLAM on me when I DO NOT RESPOND. Just ignore ME like I am going to ignore YOU.

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
tarmand
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1058 on: June 21, 2005, 03:53:19 PM »

Quote from: "veme"
I  think what frustrates a lot of people is that this is the Rumors of Breaking News forum. The vast, vast majority of the posts here are completely off-topic. Obviously, I get something out of it or I wouldn't be here, but I do wish there was a real "Rumors of Breaking News" category so that we have a quick place to check. As it is, we read through numerous pages trying to find the few pieces of information that are really "Rumors of Breaking News." As it is being used, this should be a "General Discussion" board or something like that.

I have to agree. I do not own a T.V. for many different reasons & the internet is the ONLY way I get my news. It would be nice not to have to scroll through so much stuff. Idea

I agree as well.  If this thread is to be used for discussion and breaking news, could we maybe get one that is JUST for breaking news?  The only problem is that by making two threads, it puts a burden on the Aruba folks who are translating breaking news from their radio.  We are then asking them to post it twice.  Unless, they are as tired of the "^5" and "sistah" comments as others are.  Then, they can just post in the JUST breaking news thread.  I don't think anyone is saying that you shouldn't chat with your friends, just that we wish you'd start a new thread for that and only come to this thread when there is breaking news.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1059 on: June 21, 2005, 03:53:47 PM »

Quote from: "inspector_detector"
Quote from: "Ting"

Everyone loves a mystery, thats why most of us are here.

The theory I believe at this point was that Natalee died of a drug overdose. That's why we have the DEA involved. Shocked

possilbly, but that does nt explain why no one would come forward and report it or try to get her help, and say they found her in that condidtion at the bar.

+++

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.