March 19, 2024, 02:01:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN # 15 - 6/21/05  (Read 364996 times)
Kelly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #240 on: June 21, 2005, 10:10:08 AM »

they were walking aroudn to each suspects house...talking about what house was considered upper class, who went to what school and how it ranked in expensivness.....who went to what school..how steve met the other suspects...by being at the internet cafe that deepak worked at....guess they met through there...and that is where he stated that deepak and joran were the closest and that steve croes met deepak at the cafe and were only friends for about a year or so..and that steves name may haev leaked through an email!

Kelly
momto5
Scared Monkey

« Reply #241 on: June 21, 2005, 10:10:22 AM »

Quote from: "gaijin"
Quote from: "pinemeadows"
Quote from: "iquitos"
Judging from their statements the last couple of days the Twittys are on a big time spear campaign against the v/d Sloots.  "Jug" used name calling, obnoxious slimeball, he turns my stomach, etc, to refer to the father.  This is a technique of personalization and demonization typical of the Southern lynch mob mentality  Hang em first and then try to figure out if they did anything wrong.  It is distasteful and uncivilized.  The southern charm mask has fallen.  Their motives are beyond reproach but their methods are geting pretty crude.

Ouch!

Good grief, this family has been to hell and back...cut them some slack.

Problem is...they are IN hell...and HAVENT been able to get back.

Exactly! Look my son was abducted...granted by his father but it was at gunpoint and very scary. You really cant imagine how horrible it feels. My heart goes out to her parents because you are in no way in control when your child is missing. It is hard to even think, eat, and forget emotional stability. I think they have kept it together longer then I know I did.  Her family needs to find her, that is all thats on their minds right now. They know one of these 3 knows what happened or atleast can point them in the right direction. So they are frustrated! and rightfully so.

"Truth is generally the best vindication against slander. " ~ Abraham Lincoln
goon squad
Scared Monkey

« Reply #242 on: June 21, 2005, 10:10:43 AM »

<<There is some indication that the pro-active Alabama folks may have contaminated the investigation in their zeal to get to the botom of Natalees disappearance.  It would have been enough to identify Joran to the police.>>  

To place the blame for any "contamination" on Natalee's family is absurd.  I don't see what going after BHT accomplishes; she did not participate in the interrogation, and she was likely unclear about what she could and should say about her brief meeting with Joran.  And the imagery provoked by phrases like "Alabama posse" is, frankly, distasteful.

On the night of May 31, the top priority was not investigation purity.  It was preservation of life.  If that priority is going to be ignored, there really isn't any point to law enforcement, prosecution, and pretty much every other function of government.

On the night of May 31, Natalee was, and still is, missing.  She wasn't confirmed dead, but it was pretty clear she wasn't at the movies, either.  For all anyone knew, she was dying at that moment.

On the night of May 31, the interest of saving Natalee's life was best served by getting information from JVDS.  Not in the morning.  Not 48 hours later.  Not after a couple of "Ladies' Night" no-shows.  But immediately.

There is no valid reason why serving the top priority - preservation of life - could be done without compromising an important secondary concern - investigation purity.  If contact by the Holloway family group with Joran would compromise the investigation, then it was the duty of law enforcement to prevent that from happening.  But since the top priority still has not been served, it was also their duty to conduct an immediate, formal interrogation of Joran without outside interference.

The failure to meet these clear, simple duties does not go to the Holloway family's discredit.  It goes to Aruban law enforcement's.
Compananzi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #243 on: June 21, 2005, 10:10:51 AM »

Quote from: "bamajo"
You have to look past the gore to get the info.  Thats why I have to watch FOX to glean the crumbs of real info they put out among the trash.   Warning, watching FOX may be emotionally gory too.  

Judging from their statements the last couple of days the Twittys are on a big time spear campaign against the v/d Sloots.  "Jug" used name calling, obnoxious slimeball, he turns my stomach, etc, to refer to the father.  This is a technique of personalization and demonization typical of the Southern lynch mob mentality  Hang em first and then try to figure out if they did anything wrong.  It is distasteful and uncivilized.  The southern charm mask has fallen.  Their motives are beyond reproach but their methods are geting pretty crude.  The funny thing is they are trying to get Joran to speak by blasting him on a TV he is not watching.  What is the point?    They will not pressure the Dutch legal system.  Is this an indirect way of putting the heat on the cops.  Or is it just a sensational and empty appeal?

just my humble opinion, but i don't agree with the "lynch mob" mentality accusation.  i think he is a man and a father (albeit a "step") who loves this little girl, sees his wife (whom i'm sure he loves very much) in turmoil/hell, and is frustrated with the arubian LE and is desperate to get Natalee back and just wants to this thing to end.

also, i believe although i cannot prove it, but i do believe "hangings" were first introduced in the west, not the south.

There is obviously pain and resentment on both sides, People please keep in mind emotions are just that emotions, good or bad.  I am just worried that after days of holding and interrogation we don't have a clear confession.  Why is that? I don't or can't buy wholesale that he has not cracked or coach., once you get pass that your really going into uncharted territory.  That visiting Judge sure looks like a mean bulldog, and he spent hours with each suspect, digging any evidence to hold them another 8 days.
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #244 on: June 21, 2005, 10:10:56 AM »

Quote from: "tarmand"
AIA, hang in there.  Don't take it personally that people are bashing Aruba.  If this case were in Moutainbrook, Alabama, people would be bashing the police department there.  A few years ago, we had a serial killer murdering women in our area and you wouldn't believe the bashing that the local police received.  Most Americans (me included) have watched too many episodes of CSI, where the crime is solved in an hour, and we don't realize that it's not that simple in real life.  I'm sure the Aruba officials are doing all they can and we should be happy that they've let any American officials help with the case since they didn't have to do that.  Do I wish they would find Natalee quickly?  Yes.  Do I think that is going to happen?  No.  This is real life and we have to accept that these things aren't always that easy.  What is easy, however, is for us to sit here and play arm-chair quarterback, second guessing every move they make, when we aren't there and don't know what they are or are not doing.  We've also come to expect the MSM to keep us informed.  But, that's not always the best thing to do for the case and we need to accept that fact.  If they solve the case and find that Joran murdered Natalee, wouldn't it be heartbreaking for the family and everyone else involved if they couldn't put him away for his crime because  our need to know every little detail had compromised the case to where he couldn't be convicted?

In addition to CSI is there not a show called cold case file? hope they find her asap but the possiblity exists they won't too.
Another K in Texas
Scared Monkey

« Reply #245 on: June 21, 2005, 10:11:44 AM »

Once I saw that the guy feeding her information was so obviously wrong about the schools, I pretty much ghosted anything else he said.  He also said that the tattoo had a trip on Sunday night but all our regulars say it does not go out on Sunday.

I think he fed her bad stuff and tht might or might not even be the brother's home.
Kelly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #246 on: June 21, 2005, 10:12:23 AM »

AMERICANINARUBA- Dont be sorry...its ok..you have been soooo helpful with everything you have been relaying to us..so thank you...! Laughing

Kelly
tarmand
Scared Monkey

« Reply #247 on: June 21, 2005, 10:14:09 AM »

In addition to CSI is there not a show called cold case file? hope they find her asap but the possiblity exists they won't too.

Iquitos,

There is a show called Cold Case File, I believe, but since it comes on CourtTV or something like that, it doesn't have nearly the viewers of CSI.  Thats why we don't think about it taking a long time to solve a case.   More people are used to watching CSI, one of the top rated shows (and it comes on three times a week, I think) where the crimes are solved quickly.  Smile
BlueKyGirl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #248 on: June 21, 2005, 10:14:55 AM »

Quote from: "Another K in Texas"
Once I saw that the guy feeding her information was so obviously wrong about the schools, I pretty much ghosted anything else he said.  He also said that the tattoo had a trip on Sunday night but all our regulars say it does not go out on Sunday.

I think he fed her bad stuff and tht might or might not even be the brother's home.

Yes, I don't think the poor guy really knew what he was talking about either. Sometimes it seemed like he was making things up, like when Greta asked him how long Deepak had known Steve Croes and he said he didn't know but he thought it wasn't more than a year. I mean, either you don't know or you do![/i]
Kelly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #249 on: June 21, 2005, 10:15:32 AM »

yeah there is a show called cold case

Kelly
momto5
Scared Monkey

« Reply #250 on: June 21, 2005, 10:15:44 AM »

Quote from: "tarmand"

Iquitos,

There is a show called Cold Case File, I believe, but since it comes on CourtTV or something like that, it doesn't have nearly the viewers of CSI.  Thats why we don't think about it taking a long time to solve a case.   More people are used to watching CSI, one of the top rated shows (and it comes on three times a week, I think) where the crimes are solved quickly.  Smile

There is a show called Cold Case, and one called Cold Case Files. Cold Case Files shows them actually breaking cold cases, real life cold cases. The show called Cold Case is a show a little like CSI and is fiction, I think it is on CBS or something, and the other one is on Discovery Channel I believe.

"Truth is generally the best vindication against slander. " ~ Abraham Lincoln
MominTN
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #251 on: June 21, 2005, 10:16:09 AM »

Do an interview at the internet cafe and see who goes in there
bamajo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #252 on: June 21, 2005, 10:16:11 AM »

when i used to work retail in a department store, our security told us that even though we may see an employee stealing, it may take them a while before they actually arrest that employee, because they will wait and let that employee think he or she is getting away with something and b/c of them waiting, the crooked employee will get greedier and greedier and take more and more, and then they will have the evidence to put that crooked employee away for a long time.  it's called "building a case".

i would like to believe that perhaps arubian law enforcement are building a case around who they believe to be the perpetrator of this crime, (whether it be joran, deepak, satish, or croes, or all of them) and in what seems to be taking forever, perhaps they are building enough evidence (b/c there is lack of a body) to be able to put who they believe is the perpetrator away for a long, long, long time.

of course at times, i do believe they are "stonewalling".  i think we are all (americans, arubans, etc.) frustrated a bit.

i would like to thank aia and all the others who have taken the time to glean information, translate information, build other webpages, etc. to keep all of us informed on all of this.  my sincerest "thanks" goes out to each and everyone of you.
Professor
Scared Monkey

« Reply #253 on: June 21, 2005, 10:16:52 AM »

I have finally got up to date on the overnight posts. I was seaching for comments on the report of Greta van Susteren, especially her interview with Beth Twitty.

These interviews with Beth Twitty are important sources of information, and we should listen carefully to WHAT IS SAID as well as to WHAT IS NOT SAID. A lot of you missed some REALLY important information.

First, Beth Twitty mentioned that they had hired an Aruban lawyer to explore EVERY LEGAL AVENUE to get resolution to this case. That includes filing motions to gain access to information, and might have implied that that might also include civil suits agains the defendants, in the even that the criminal justice system turns into a clusterf**k.

Second, Beth Twitty made it clear that SHE WAS NOT LEAVING THE ISLAND until she gains some resolution to the case. Listen up you Aruban authorities. This is no longer a woman making demands. This is a woman making a PROMISE. This is a BIG development, folks, and one that the Aruban authorities are apparently taking seriously. I noticed a dramatic change in the attitude of Aruban spokesman Reuben Trappenberg in this interview, and I speculate that he takes has finally come to the conclusion that he needs to take this lady seriously.

Third, Greta has been successful in developing rapport with many different sources, including spokesmen Gomez and Trappenberg, and was able to ask many procedural questions, dealing with the Aruban legal system and get straight answers.

Fourth, Greta had cameramen ALL OVER THE ISLAND.

Fifth, Greta asked Beth Twitty, at the conclusion of her interview, "What can I do, to help?" This was a personal question, and went beyond anything Greta has ever asked any other interviewee. My take on this is that Greta has chosen to fight this thing to the finish. Given her legal background, it is a project for which she is uniquely qualified. Perhaps it is the cause of a lifetime. Tough questions will certainly come later, but Greta has established rapport and has established her credentials with the Aruban legal authorities, so they will never be able to come back and act condescending later. My take is that GRETA IS THERE FOR THE DURATION of this case.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #254 on: June 21, 2005, 10:16:58 AM »

Fox on now.. former FBI agent on..  The reporter on now says Aruba police perhaps are stumped.. I cant see my tv from here...
this man is talking about the FBI and forensics...
xcptnl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #255 on: June 21, 2005, 10:17:07 AM »

Since when do people who commit crimes spill their guts?  I am confused as to why we think they will just tell all.   Very very very infrequently you will get a confession.  I would guess 99% of the time you don't so why would anyone (including NH's mom) expect them to confess all??  I am not saying this to cause a war I am just confounded by everyone acting like it's odd there has been no breakdown and confession - when does that happen in the real world?  Just my thoughts-no need to attack.
MominTN
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #256 on: June 21, 2005, 10:18:14 AM »

DJ faces same accusation as the other 3, 2 counts of murder and 1 count of kidnapping leading to murder
americaninaruba
Scared Monkey

« Reply #257 on: June 21, 2005, 10:19:06 AM »

thank you guys for all the support of not only me and my very low suppply of patient ut also of this beautiful island ive been calling home for 9 eyars now.....I thank you very much for that! also I wouldd as much as anyone see this thign resolved being al the familes that are now "broken" and involved in this problem....we all need to pray for these children becasue thats what they are children they all have parents that see them as there "kids" and we need to keep positive thoughts with allthats going on here and pray for a safe return to see the nmother and father s faces of comoeete JOY as this is resolved to get hteri daughter back alive....we need to keep positive thoughts and prayers FLOWING! thank you again for all the support for this family and there freinds also for aruba

Just when you think you've hit rock bottom,someone throws you a shovel
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #258 on: June 21, 2005, 10:19:55 AM »

Quote from: "MominTN"
DJ faces same accusation as the other 3, 2 counts of murder and 1 count of kidnapping leading to murder

Im confused?? '2' counts of murder??  Yikes
clevfan1234
Scared Monkey

« Reply #259 on: June 21, 2005, 10:20:51 AM »

Quote from: "xcptnl"
Since when do people who commit crimes spill their guts?  I am confused as to why we think they will just tell all.   Very very very infrequently you will get a confession.  I would guess 99% of the time you don't so why would anyone (including NH's mom) expect them to confess all??  I am not saying this to cause a war I am just confounded by everyone acting like it's odd there has been no breakdown and confession - when does that happen in the real world?  Just my thoughts-no need to attack.

Very true! Case in point: Scott Peterson....he has never confessed
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.