March 19, 2024, 03:46:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN # 15 - 6/21/05  (Read 365007 times)
Bill8268
Scared Monkey

« Reply #300 on: June 21, 2005, 10:59:34 AM »

Quote from: "someone"
I know this has already been answered b/c I saw the question on the board last night but I'm afraid I fell asleep before someone answered it and can't find it through a search

What does cream and wires mean? is that a polygraph?

Yes.  The cream is a conducting cream that is put on the skin to get better conductivity for the wires that are attached to the body.
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #301 on: June 21, 2005, 11:00:57 AM »

Quote from: "Rob"
professor, also stated in that interview , was BHT saying , "I look forward to talking to you (Greta), about some of this"..they appear to be having private conversations behind the scenes..i dont recall greta giving her "insight" to past families, just getting the facts out.. your thoughts?

Greta may be cleaning up for fox after the promises Geraldo made to them when he was kissing them in the ear. The same night he was sucking up to the prime minister. When the anchors disappeared so did the twittys. Beth's last interveiw from last week with Greta was played all weekend. The family may have asked why Fox dropped them. Remember they can't see fox on TV.
a Troll
Scared Monkey

« Reply #302 on: June 21, 2005, 11:01:04 AM »

Quote from: "GreatOwl"

This may be significant.  I would tend to agree if what was said last night by the local attorney is true.  When asked about cases being tried without a "body" his response was that it seldom happens.  (not that it could not happen)  I took that as meaning under the judicial system they do not have many cases with circumstantial evidence.  This was just my impression.  That being the case, why would any suspect help find the evidence.  Why would they help find Natalee when it would be to their advantage not to have her found?  Again this is just speculation.  Now I am speaking of the suspects, and not the innocent people of the island.

Judge Napalitano (on Fox) said that there was only 1 case in Holland 10 years ago where they were able to try someone for murder without a body, and that he wasn't sure it was even legally possible in Aruba.  He also said that America had the same rules until about 25 years ago.

Of course, if one of the boys confess then they can get a conviction.  Perhaps, if Steve Croes was only tangentially involved (as in selling drugs to Deepak), and if he knows what happened, it could lead one of the three to crack.  

AIA:  Any idea if Steve Croes might have sold drugs from time to time, as I've seen rumored on this and other boards?
jac723
Scared Monkey

« Reply #303 on: June 21, 2005, 11:01:25 AM »

Quote from: "jagz2u"
Quote from: "MominTN"
Quote from: "Angiex911dsptchr"
Quote from: "MominTN"
DJ faces same accusation as the other 3, 2 counts of murder and 1 count of kidnapping leading to murder

Im confused?? '2' counts of murder??  Yikes

Was on the bottom of the tv on the scroll feed on CNN

Well, there WAS a decapitation recently in Aruba.  I think that is kinda "coincidental" for a nation who has a relatively low crime rate.  It is highly possible all this is connected.

I heard about this too-i think on Fox or CNN or somewhere.  In the law in Aruba, Please correct me if I am wrong, it was mentioned, to hold the supsects like they are there must be specific "counts" and it doesn't necessarily mean that is what happened--it is what they are in suspicon of-since idea where she may be and no correct stories.

Also-the 2 brothers in prison-I read they are doing that so the boys are not together again to talk.  When they were originally brought in-all 3 were in a cell and then split apart.  They figured bringing the 3 to the prison-they will talk again to match their stories-so they are trying to avoid that.

I also heard last night on Fox-Mrs Twitty Holloway and the family are going to sue Aruba govt b/c of facts and info not being released.  But they said it may not happen or can take a long time b/c they hired an attorney from Aruba that is currently working on a case.

Jennifer
wantsanswers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #304 on: June 21, 2005, 11:05:14 AM »

Quote from: "iquitos"
You have to look past the gore to get the info.  Thats why I have to watch FOX to glean the crumbs of real info they put out among the trash.   Warning, watching FOX may be emotionally gory too.  

Judging from their statements the last couple of days the Twittys are on a big time spear campaign against the v/d Sloots.  "Jug" used name calling, obnoxious slimeball, he turns my stomach, etc, to refer to the father.  This is a technique of personalization and demonization typical of the Southern lynch mob mentality  Hang em first and then try to figure out if they did anything wrong.  It is distasteful and uncivilized.  The southern charm mask has fallen.  Their motives are beyond reproach but their methods are geting pretty crude.  The funny thing is they are trying to get Joran to speak by blasting him on a TV he is not watching.  What is the point?    They will not pressure the Dutch legal system.  Is this an indirect way of putting the heat on the cops.  Or is it just a sensational and empty appeal?

It's not a smear campaign, how can you call it that when their daughter is missing. Are you friends of the slimeballs, do you have kids, what is your problem.? I would do even more than that!! I am from Florida, and yes i would hang someone if they hurt my child...
veme
Scared Monkey

« Reply #305 on: June 21, 2005, 11:06:23 AM »

I have got a question maybe someone can answer regarding the Texas Equine S&R.

How are the horse transported?

Is the plane made up like a stock trailer?

Do the horses need to be preped before a flight? Change in feed or water? Sedated?

Does a vet go with the group?

How many horses are going?

Just wondering. I've got animals & know the kinds of stuff you can into moving them. God Bless Texas.
Thanks! Smile

Sorry for the spelling & typos..... I'm a  funtional illiterate.
klaasend
Scared Monkey

« Reply #306 on: June 21, 2005, 11:07:37 AM »

Quote from: "veme"

Do the horses need to be preped before a flight? Change in feed or water? Sedated?

Just wondering. I've got animals & know the kinds of stuff you can into moving them. God Bless Texas.
Thanks! Smile

I don't think they are taking horses, they are taking dogs and sonar equipment.
SL
Scared Monkey

« Reply #307 on: June 21, 2005, 11:08:38 AM »

On many blogs, about various subjects) I have noticed the word "TRACKBACK."

When there is a "trackback," the numbers of trackbacks are listed. When I paste the trackback into the address bar, this message appears:
'URL needed'

What is a trackback. What is the purpose of a trackback?

SL
rogers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #308 on: June 21, 2005, 11:09:49 AM »

Quote from: "wantsanswers"
You have to look past the gore to get the info.  Thats why I have to watch FOX to glean the crumbs of real info they put out among the trash.   Warning, watching FOX may be emotionally gory too.  

Judging from their statements the last couple of days the Twittys are on a big time spear campaign against the v/d Sloots.  "Jug" used name calling, obnoxious slimeball, he turns my stomach, etc, to refer to the father.  This is a technique of personalization and demonization typical of the Southern lynch mob mentality  Hang em first and then try to figure out if they did anything wrong.  It is distasteful and uncivilized.  The southern charm mask has fallen.  Their motives are beyond reproach but their methods are geting pretty crude.  The funny thing is they are trying to get Joran to speak by blasting him on a TV he is not watching.  What is the point?    They will not pressure the Dutch legal system.  Is this an indirect way of putting the heat on the cops.  Or is it just a sensational and empty appeal?

It's not a smear campaign, how can you call it that when their daughter is missing. Are you friends of the slimeballs, do you have kids, what is your problem.? I would do even more than that!! I am from Florida, and yes i would hang someone if they hurt my child...

If you ever have a child missing (God forbid),  that will not give you a license to smear anybody except the people that did it.  In this case, while there are people under suspicion, it remains to be seen who the guilty party is.
CancunMole
Scared Monkey

« Reply #309 on: June 21, 2005, 11:10:37 AM »

Can anyone here clear up/answer the contraditons and items highlighted below?

Suicide Watch for Joran?
June 20th, 2005 by Scared Monkeys -->

This is unconfirmed, but we received word that Joran is on a Suicide Watch after an unsuccessful attempted suicide last night.
This should not be taken as an admission of guilt, but he has been moved to the main prison, a much tougher environment than the police jail.

Update

A source on the island tells me that he has confirmed that Joran was seen having a cream and wires attached to him (what does this mean?) in his location at the jail this evening and his interrogation continues while the two Kalpoe brothers have been taken to the prison, as has been previously reported.

Addtionally, it was stated that it is possible that the youngest Kalpoe, Satish may even be released as it is thought he might not have as direct a connection to events as some others. That has not been confirmed with another source at this time.

I have also heard that some have said the boys have changed their statement yet, again - suggesting that Natalee was left alone at the beach after becoming hysterical at the beach near the Marriot. If true, this version of a statement suggests that the elder Kalpoe, Deepak, dropped off both Joran and Satish before returning to the beach, where he was reportedly unable to find Natalee Holloway. (This more-or-less supports CaliGirl's theory)

As this clearly departs from statements attributed to the Paulus Van der Sloot that he picked up Joran at a McDonalds at approximately 3 AM, it apears that so many statements have either come out, or are alleged to have come out of this case, that not a single one can be relied upon as true, or even confirmed at this time.

Update: Forgot to mention that it was also relayed to me that Joran v d Sloot would not join the two Kalpoe brothers at the prison, but would remain where he is being held. When I asked if that was because of his status as a minor, there was no clear answer. It was suggested that it could be that, or that it was so his questioning could be continued.
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #310 on: June 21, 2005, 11:10:41 AM »

1.  Have kids, would defend them to the death.

2.  Not friends of the v/d Sloots.  

3.  Do not see what purpose namecalling on all the networks for two days serves except to get it off one's chest.  

4.  willingness to hang somebody if they did something to your kids is why we have police and courts: to protect the innocent from mob rule.
wantsanswers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #311 on: June 21, 2005, 11:12:59 AM »

Quote from: "goon squad"
<<This is a technique of personalization and demonization typical of the Southern lynch mob mentality Hang em first and then try to figure out if they did anything wrong. It is distasteful and uncivilized.>>

Funny, I thought it was Aruban law enforcement who picked up, arrested, and placed the specter of murder charges over two black men who had absolutely no connection to NH.

TOUCHE'
mbhs05
Scared Monkey

« Reply #312 on: June 21, 2005, 11:14:11 AM »

Thanks! Smile

I'm betting they will take some of the horses...they'll be useful, for sure. I've always wondered how horses are transported by plane...but I'm VERY sure they have to be sedated. I've been working with Saddlebreds for a while though, so I may just be used to the moronic horses...but even mine (QuarterHorse-Paint...quiet) would need sedating. And a vet had BETTER be going with the group! That's a common sense safety measure...any time extensive trail riding in unfamiliar territory is involved, there should be an easy way to reach a vet. You never know...

veme
Scared Monkey

« Reply #313 on: June 21, 2005, 11:14:43 AM »

Quote from: "klaasend"

Thanks! Smile

Thanks! I didn't  know. I just assumed it was horses. Smile

Sorry for the spelling & typos..... I'm a  funtional illiterate.
bamajo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #314 on: June 21, 2005, 11:14:47 AM »

Quote from: "CancunMole"

I have also heard that some have said the boys have changed their statement yet, again - suggesting that Natalee was left alone at the beach after becoming hysterical at the beach near the Marriot. If true, this version of a statement suggests that the elder Kalpoe, Deepak, dropped off both Joran and Satish before returning to the beach, where he was reportedly unable to find Natalee Holloway. (This more-or-less supports CaliGirl's theory)

would you mind either reposting or repeating caligirl's theory.  i have forgotten it.  thanks.   Very Happy
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #315 on: June 21, 2005, 11:14:58 AM »

... except them boys was not hanged.  the proseuctor got to the bottom of it and let them go un scathed.  

Quote from: "goon squad"
<<This is a technique of personalization and demonization typical of the Southern lynch mob mentality Hang em first and then try to figure out if they did anything wrong. It is distasteful and uncivilized.>>

Funny, I thought it was Aruban law enforcement who picked up, arrested, and placed the specter of murder charges over two black men who had absolutely no connection to NH.

TOUCHE'
Gerben aka Pays Bas
Scared Monkey

« Reply #316 on: June 21, 2005, 11:15:28 AM »

Quote from: "Rob"
first degree murder in the us is premediated....not an accident , wonder if that is the same..?

That's why I hate newsscrolls, they just confuse everbody. It's indeed two counts. Premeditated murder and manslaughter.

In the first count, the DA (Officier van Justitie) has to prove that the death of miss Holloway, if she is indeed found dead, was not an accident but deliberatly caused by someone and that the murderer can be considered sane when he killed her.

In the second count (like murder 2) this case will be treated as manslaughter under influence of drugs/alcohol

The difference for the suspect is that the sentences for manslaughter tend to be lower. The same as in the US.

Oh dear. Can somebody please fix my avatar?
bamajo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #317 on: June 21, 2005, 11:15:45 AM »

a big HI to mbhs05!

Very Happy
mbhs05
Scared Monkey

« Reply #318 on: June 21, 2005, 11:16:10 AM »

Quote from: "klaasend"

Thanks! Smile

Thanks! I didn't  know. I just assumed it was horses. Smile

I'm betting they'll take the horses. They'll be useful in the hard-to-reach places. See my above post.

mbhs05
Scared Monkey

« Reply #319 on: June 21, 2005, 11:16:36 AM »

Hi bamajo!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.