July 17, 2019, 09:33:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION
 
   Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN # 15 - 6/21/05  (Read 315444 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 11005



« Reply #340 on: June 21, 2005, 11:30:39 AM »

Quote from: "Another K in Texas"
There is also a younger step or half sister on her father's side because there is a reference to her in one of the articles about him.


Thank you.. again sorry if this was asked already.!
I was watching Fox again a little bit ago..anyone else see the men on there that are experts in international law?
Logged
pinto
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 35


« Reply #341 on: June 21, 2005, 11:30:56 AM »

Quote from: "iquitos"
...  The Twittys arrived to find little had happened on the ground since it was noticed that Natalee was gone and they had to get the ball rolling immediately and they did.  Did you see the comment off the Scared Monkey main board I posted earlier form another LE person?  I am just observing that the effort may have gone too far and that is too bad.  The worst part is that even their effort was not enough to jump start the investigation  This is common in my experience overseas handling these cases.  Missing persons is a low priority until it is obvious that something bad has happened.   An island that depends on tourism sees lots of people go temporarily missing but to not take each one dead seriously is at their peril as this case has illustrated.


Very good post. You have to look at both sides here. We have the benefit of hindsight, of course, and we know something bad has happened. But at the time, to the Aruban LE, it was another dime-a-dozen missing girl. They can't call the FBI for every one of them, because usually it's a false alarm.

My brother works as a ski patrol and avalanche rescue guy. Kids (and others) are always getting lost on the mountain, and mothers freak out, and usually (99% of the time) it's nothing. But in an alpine environment, you can't wait. You have to check. You have to find them before dark. It's frustrating, though, for the patrollers because they spend (waste) a lot of time on situations that aren't dangerous. I'm sure this is how the Arubans felt initially.

Natalee's family, of course, knows that she wouldn't have missed the plane. The two groups weren't on the same page, and thus you end up with Natalee's family interrogating the VDSs, which compromised a criminal investigation (not faulting them, because the investigation hadn't started yet) and tipped off the VDSs. I think some of the Holloways' defensiveness and irritability is attributable to some guilt over this. (Again, I'm not saying they shouldn't have gone there looking for her. It was a no-win situation.)

THe police obviously screwed this one up, because they probably still didn't think it was going to turn into a criminal investigation. With hindsight, I'm sure LE wouldn't have let the Holloways take this into their own hands.
Logged
veme
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 49



« Reply #342 on: June 21, 2005, 11:31:53 AM »

Quote from: "mbhs05"
Quote from: "veme"
Quote from: "momto5"
Quote from: "mbhs05"
Quote from: "veme"
Quote from: "klaasend"
Quote from: "veme"
I have got a question maybe someone can answer regarding the Texas Equine S&R.

How are the horse transported?

Is the plane made up like a stock trailer?

Do the horses need to be preped before a flight? Change in feed or water? Sedated?

Does a vet go with the group?

How many horses are going?

 Just wondering. I've got animals & know the kinds of stuff you can into moving them. God Bless Texas.
Thanks! Smile

I don't think they are taking horses, they are taking dogs and sonar equipment.


Thanks! I didn't  know. I just assumed it was horses. Smile


I'm betting they'll take the horses. They'll be useful in the hard-to-reach places. See my above post.

If they dont take horses it might be they are planning on gaining use of horses already on the island.

I wouldn't think so.  There is an old saying to the effect " A horse & rider share a great secret". It has to do with the understanding that a particular horse has with a particular rider.
A horse & rider  work like a team/couple. There is a great amount of affection on both sides. That type of work wouldn't be the best time to "switch horses". Smile


Agreed...but on the other hand if they CAN'T take all of the horses...a competent rider should be able to handle a different horse. It's better than nothing. I can see how it would be hard to get the original pairs out there.

You are probably right. We'll just have to wait & see. Maybe things will be resolved today and there willl be no need for them to go. Let's hope & pray. Got to go back to work- will check in later- I'm addicted. Smile
Logged

Sorry for the spelling & typos..... I'm a  funtional illiterate.
dragonfly
Monkey Junky Jr.
**
Offline Offline

Posts: 937


« Reply #343 on: June 21, 2005, 11:32:50 AM »

Quote from: "icey"
>>>I have also heard that some have said the boys have changed their statement yet, again - suggesting that Natalee was left alone at the beach after becoming hysterical at the beach near the Marriot. If true, this version of a statement suggests that the elder Kalpoe, Deepak, dropped off both Joran and Satish before returning to the beach, where he was reportedly unable to find Natalee Holloway. (This more-or-less supports CaliGirl's theory)<<<<<

If this is the "current story", it's just as bad as the others...  Why was she "hysterical"? Could it be because you raped her and/or drugged her up? You mean you did'nt call the police to help this "hysterical" girl??  You just walked away from her at what 2am???  

If it's true that the story has changed again, I think it will further prove to a judge that something is wrong here.  Too many lies, as documented by the suspects and the father.

icey


None of this really makes sense with what we know to be true already.  We know she was with these 3.  We know they lied about this Holiday Inn story from the beginning (Joran actually going there and showing the exact spot where they dropped her off).  We know they lied about the security guards.  We know now that they have all started pointing fingers at each other as to who was the last one with her until Joran finally (supposedly) admits that he was the last one with her but left her sleeping on the beach.  None of it makes sense and none of the stories even add up.  I still believe at least Joran and Deepak, have my doubts about Satish, are completely involved in this entire mess.  BUT, that is only my opinion and I am certainly not an expert in this case... Laughing
Logged
a Troll
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 33


« Reply #344 on: June 21, 2005, 11:33:59 AM »

Any confirmation of this (from the comments section on the Greta topic on the front page):

crs Says:

June 21st, 2005 at 11:32 am
On the radio right now, it is said, Croes said that he saw the three boys drop off NH at the Holiday Inn and that is why he came under suspicion.
Logged
wantsanswers
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 0


« Reply #345 on: June 21, 2005, 11:34:42 AM »

Quote from: "rogers"
Quote from: "wantsanswers"
Quote from: "iquitos"
You have to look past the gore to get the info.  Thats why I have to watch FOX to glean the crumbs of real info they put out among the trash.   Warning, watching FOX may be emotionally gory too.  

Judging from their statements the last couple of days the Twittys are on a big time spear campaign against the v/d Sloots.  "Jug" used name calling, obnoxious slimeball, he turns my stomach, etc, to refer to the father.  This is a technique of personalization and demonization typical of the Southern lynch mob mentality  Hang em first and then try to figure out if they did anything wrong.  It is distasteful and uncivilized.  The southern charm mask has fallen.  Their motives are beyond reproach but their methods are geting pretty crude.  The funny thing is they are trying to get Joran to speak by blasting him on a TV he is not watching.  What is the point?    They will not pressure the Dutch legal system.  Is this an indirect way of putting the heat on the cops.  Or is it just a sensational and empty appeal?


It's not a smear campaign, how can you call it that when their daughter is missing. Are you friends of the slimeballs, do you have kids, what is your problem.? I would do even more than that!! I am from Florida, and yes i would hang someone if they hurt my child...


If you ever have a child missing (God forbid),  that will not give you a license to smear anybody except the people that did it.  In this case, while there are people under suspicion, it remains to be seen who the guilty party is.


It is not  a smear compaign!! Again, I would do anything to make him talk, guilty of not. They know what happened, they were with her.
Logged
iquitos
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 0


« Reply #346 on: June 21, 2005, 11:35:40 AM »

Quote from: "Professor"
Quote from: "Rob"
professor, also stated in that interview , was BHT saying , "I look forward to talking to you (Greta), about some of this"..they appear to be having private conversations behind the scenes..i dont recall greta giving her "insight" to past families, just getting the facts out.. your thoughts?


This is extraordinary for Greta, and I don't know quite what to make of it. Certainly, there is something more here than just professional interest. No doubt, there are discussions going on behind the scenes, and there are sources of information that have been given to Greta that she is not revealing -- at this point.

For a long time, I tuned out Greta. I found her fascination of various prosecutions -- like the Peterson prosecution -- almost ghoulish. But I came to realize that she is fascinated by the rules of evidence and the workings of the criminal justice system. After all, she is a highly-trained attorney, and at times comes across as a frustrated prosecutor. She probably would be happier as a district attorney than as a television personality.

But this case gives her a cause, and gives her an opportunity to use ALL of her skills.

She sticks to a case, long after many viewers have tuned out. In the past, I viewed this as a weakness. But, with the Holloway case, I now view it as a strength. She isn't going to get yanked-- like Geraldo -- by some antsy producer looking at declining ratings.


And maybe Greta van Susteren has a Dutch connection too which makes it even more interesting for her!  nonetheless I do not see how she can stick it out in Aruba for long.  Thereis just not that much to it or the case.  She is already flying back and forth.   But hey, Fox is picking up the tab.  Does anybody know if she has her own production crew as opposed to the one that is supporting the heads standing in front the palm trees.  I would say CNN and MSNBC have stronger reporters there (I mean reporters, not the big stars like Greta and Geraldo withtheir own shows).
Logged
mbhs05
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 342



« Reply #347 on: June 21, 2005, 11:35:50 AM »

Quote from: "veme"
Quote from: "mbhs05"
Quote from: "veme"
Quote from: "momto5"
Quote from: "mbhs05"
Quote from: "veme"
Quote from: "klaasend"
Quote from: "veme"
I have got a question maybe someone can answer regarding the Texas Equine S&R.

How are the horse transported?

Is the plane made up like a stock trailer?

Do the horses need to be preped before a flight? Change in feed or water? Sedated?

Does a vet go with the group?

How many horses are going?

 Just wondering. I've got animals & know the kinds of stuff you can into moving them. God Bless Texas.
Thanks! Smile

I don't think they are taking horses, they are taking dogs and sonar equipment.


Thanks! I didn't  know. I just assumed it was horses. Smile


I'm betting they'll take the horses. They'll be useful in the hard-to-reach places. See my above post.

If they dont take horses it might be they are planning on gaining use of horses already on the island.

I wouldn't think so.  There is an old saying to the effect " A horse & rider share a great secret". It has to do with the understanding that a particular horse has with a particular rider.
A horse & rider  work like a team/couple. There is a great amount of affection on both sides. That type of work wouldn't be the best time to "switch horses". Smile


Agreed...but on the other hand if they CAN'T take all of the horses...a competent rider should be able to handle a different horse. It's better than nothing. I can see how it would be hard to get the original pairs out there.

You are probably right. We'll just have to wait & see. Maybe things will be resolved today and there willl be no need for them to go. Let's hope & pray. Got to go back to work- will check in later- I'm addicted. Smile


Yes, let's hope so. Sorry ya'll for getting caught up on the horse thing...it's just that by now I've run out of ways to contribute information...but horses is one think I KNOW.
We're all addicted, no worries.
Logged

CancunMole
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 0


« Reply #348 on: June 21, 2005, 11:36:36 AM »

Quote from: "icey"
>>>I have also heard that some have said the boys have changed their statement yet, again - suggesting that Natalee was left alone at the beach after becoming hysterical at the beach near the Marriot. If true, this version of a statement suggests that the elder Kalpoe, Deepak, dropped off both Joran and Satish before returning to the beach, where he was reportedly unable to find Natalee Holloway. (This more-or-less supports CaliGirl's theory)<<<<<

If this is the "current story", it's just as bad as the others...  Why was she "hysterical"? Could it be because you raped her and/or drugged her up? You mean you did'nt call the police to help this "hysterical" girl??  You just walked away from her at what 2am???  

If it's true that the story has changed again, I think it will further prove to a judge that something is wrong here.  Too many lies, as documented by the suspects and the father.

icey


Ah, but if this "new" version is true, it provides for the possible connection of why Steve Croes (friend to Deepak) has been detained.
Logged
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 11005



« Reply #349 on: June 21, 2005, 11:37:53 AM »

aweee.. they just said on Fox the family has started a website about their missing child in Utah..  Findbrennan.org    I am not sure how to spell his name.. I cant see my tv.. its in the other room..and only listening. Dont mean to get off topic.. but IM sure thse parents are out of their minds as NH family and friends. Bless them all.
Logged
absolut
Monkey Junky
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 1210



« Reply #350 on: June 21, 2005, 11:38:18 AM »

Quote from: "iquitos"
Quote from: "Professor"
Quote from: "Rob"
professor, also stated in that interview , was BHT saying , "I look forward to talking to you (Greta), about some of this"..they appear to be having private conversations behind the scenes..i dont recall greta giving her "insight" to past families, just getting the facts out.. your thoughts?


This is extraordinary for Greta, and I don't know quite what to make of it. Certainly, there is something more here than just professional interest. No doubt, there are discussions going on behind the scenes, and there are sources of information that have been given to Greta that she is not revealing -- at this point.

For a long time, I tuned out Greta. I found her fascination of various prosecutions -- like the Peterson prosecution -- almost ghoulish. But I came to realize that she is fascinated by the rules of evidence and the workings of the criminal justice system. After all, she is a highly-trained attorney, and at times comes across as a frustrated prosecutor. She probably would be happier as a district attorney than as a television personality.

But this case gives her a cause, and gives her an opportunity to use ALL of her skills.

She sticks to a case, long after many viewers have tuned out. In the past, I viewed this as a weakness. But, with the Holloway case, I now view it as a strength. She isn't going to get yanked-- like Geraldo -- by some antsy producer looking at declining ratings.


And maybe Greta van Susteren has a Dutch connection too which makes it even more interesting for her!  nonetheless I do not see how she can stick it out in Aruba for long.  Thereis just not that much to it or the case.  She is already flying back and forth.   But hey, Fox is picking up the tab.  Does anybody know if she has her own production crew as opposed to the one that is supporting the heads standing in front the palm trees.  I would say CNN and MSNBC have stronger reporters there (I mean reporters, not the big stars like Greta and Geraldo withtheir own shows).


CNN and MSNBC both have crews and reporters totalling about 10 for each network. Fox has at least double that on the island.
Logged
iquitos
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 0


« Reply #351 on: June 21, 2005, 11:39:06 AM »

Quote from: "a Troll"
Any confirmation of this (from the comments section on the Greta topic on the front page):

crs Says:

June 21st, 2005 at 11:32 am
On the radio right now, it is said, Croes said that he saw the three boys drop off NH at the Holiday Inn and that is why he came under suspicion.


this is interesting.  which radio?  So Croes tells the cops he saw them drop her off at HI after they say they did not go there afterall.  Sweet.
Logged
littletxlady
Monkey Junky Jr.
**
Offline Offline

Posts: 733



« Reply #352 on: June 21, 2005, 11:39:23 AM »

Quote from: "veme"
Quote from: "momto5"
Quote from: "mbhs05"
Quote from: "veme"
Quote from: "klaasend"
Quote from: "veme"
I have got a question maybe someone can answer regarding the Texas Equine S&R.

How are the horse transported?

Is the plane made up like a stock trailer?

Do the horses need to be preped before a flight? Change in feed or water? Sedated?

Does a vet go with the group?

How many horses are going?

 Just wondering. I've got animals & know the kinds of stuff you can into moving them. God Bless Texas.
Thanks! Smile

I don't think they are taking horses, they are taking dogs and sonar equipment.


Thanks! I didn't  know. I just assumed it was horses. Smile


I'm betting they'll take the horses. They'll be useful in the hard-to-reach places. See my above post.

If they dont take horses it might be they are planning on gaining use of horses already on the island.

I wouldn't think so.  There is an old saying to the effect " A horse & rider share a great secret". It has to do with the understanding that a particular horse has with a particular rider.
A horse & rider  work like a team/couple. There is a great amount of affection on both sides. That type of work wouldn't be the best time to "switch horses". Smile

Ditto
There is another old saying "Don't swithch horses in the middle of the stream"
Horses and owners have an unspoken and almost magical relationship with each other.

BTW, Good Morning everyone  Smile
Logged

Joran is truly EVIL

Casey's only truthful statement:  "Well...maybe I'm a spiteful bitch"
 
God Don't Like Ugly
HannieC
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 375



« Reply #353 on: June 21, 2005, 11:39:54 AM »

Hi all,  Smile

Wow you are fast, hard to keep up with you guys Wink
Logged

If you create a theory, you fall in the trap of trying to fit the facts to your theory...
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 11005



« Reply #354 on: June 21, 2005, 11:41:00 AM »

Quote from: "HannieC"
Hi all,  Smile

Wow you are fast, hard to keep up with you guys Wink


Hello Hannie..
Logged
mbhs05
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 342



« Reply #355 on: June 21, 2005, 11:41:09 AM »

Quote from: "littletxlady"
Quote from: "veme"
Quote from: "momto5"
Quote from: "mbhs05"
Quote from: "veme"
Quote from: "klaasend"
Quote from: "veme"
I have got a question maybe someone can answer regarding the Texas Equine S&R.

How are the horse transported?

Is the plane made up like a stock trailer?

Do the horses need to be preped before a flight? Change in feed or water? Sedated?

Does a vet go with the group?

How many horses are going?

 Just wondering. I've got animals & know the kinds of stuff you can into moving them. God Bless Texas.
Thanks! Smile

I don't think they are taking horses, they are taking dogs and sonar equipment.


Thanks! I didn't  know. I just assumed it was horses. Smile


I'm betting they'll take the horses. They'll be useful in the hard-to-reach places. See my above post.

If they dont take horses it might be they are planning on gaining use of horses already on the island.

I wouldn't think so.  There is an old saying to the effect " A horse & rider share a great secret". It has to do with the understanding that a particular horse has with a particular rider.
A horse & rider  work like a team/couple. There is a great amount of affection on both sides. That type of work wouldn't be the best time to "switch horses". Smile

Ditto
There is another old saying "Don't swithch horses in the middle of the steam"
Horses and owners have an unspoken and almost magical relationship with each other.


Too true...but like I said, competent riders should be able to ride any horse. So it's possible that they could be using island horses.
Logged

dragonfly
Monkey Junky Jr.
**
Offline Offline

Posts: 937


« Reply #356 on: June 21, 2005, 11:41:21 AM »

Quote from: "HannieC"
Hi all,  Smile

Wow you are fast, hard to keep up with you guys Wink


Mornin'!!   Very Happy
Logged
bamajo
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 100



« Reply #357 on: June 21, 2005, 11:41:44 AM »

cancunmole, thanks for reposting caligirl's theory.
Logged
Professor
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 362


« Reply #358 on: June 21, 2005, 11:42:05 AM »

Quote from: "iquitos"
Quote from: "Professor"
Quote from: "Rob"
professor, also stated in that interview , was BHT saying , "I look forward to talking to you (Greta), about some of this"..they appear to be having private conversations behind the scenes..i dont recall greta giving her "insight" to past families, just getting the facts out.. your thoughts?


This is extraordinary for Greta, and I don't know quite what to make of it. Certainly, there is something more here than just professional interest. No doubt, there are discussions going on behind the scenes, and there are sources of information that have been given to Greta that she is not revealing -- at this point.

For a long time, I tuned out Greta. I found her fascination of various prosecutions -- like the Peterson prosecution -- almost ghoulish. But I came to realize that she is fascinated by the rules of evidence and the workings of the criminal justice system. After all, she is a highly-trained attorney, and at times comes across as a frustrated prosecutor. She probably would be happier as a district attorney than as a television personality.

But this case gives her a cause, and gives her an opportunity to use ALL of her skills.

She sticks to a case, long after many viewers have tuned out. In the past, I viewed this as a weakness. But, with the Holloway case, I now view it as a strength. She isn't going to get yanked-- like Geraldo -- by some antsy producer looking at declining ratings.


And maybe Greta van Susteren has a Dutch connection too which makes it even more interesting for her!  nonetheless I do not see how she can stick it out in Aruba for long.  Thereis just not that much to it or the case.  She is already flying back and forth.   But hey, Fox is picking up the tab.  Does anybody know if she has her own production crew as opposed to the one that is supporting the heads standing in front the palm trees.  I would say CNN and MSNBC have stronger reporters there (I mean reporters, not the big stars like Greta and Geraldo withtheir own shows).


Looking back on it, I realize that Greta likes to follow THE ENTIRE PROSECUTORIAL CYCLE, regardless of declining ratings. She has done it before, and she's like a bulldog.
Logged
absolut
Monkey Junky
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 1210



« Reply #359 on: June 21, 2005, 11:43:25 AM »

Quote from: "Professor"
Quote from: "iquitos"
Quote from: "Professor"
Quote from: "Rob"
professor, also stated in that interview , was BHT saying , "I look forward to talking to you (Greta), about some of this"..they appear to be having private conversations behind the scenes..i dont recall greta giving her "insight" to past families, just getting the facts out.. your thoughts?


This is extraordinary for Greta, and I don't know quite what to make of it. Certainly, there is something more here than just professional interest. No doubt, there are discussions going on behind the scenes, and there are sources of information that have been given to Greta that she is not revealing -- at this point.

For a long time, I tuned out Greta. I found her fascination of various prosecutions -- like the Peterson prosecution -- almost ghoulish. But I came to realize that she is fascinated by the rules of evidence and the workings of the criminal justice system. After all, she is a highly-trained attorney, and at times comes across as a frustrated prosecutor. She probably would be happier as a district attorney than as a television personality.

But this case gives her a cause, and gives her an opportunity to use ALL of her skills.

She sticks to a case, long after many viewers have tuned out. In the past, I viewed this as a weakness. But, with the Holloway case, I now view it as a strength. She isn't going to get yanked-- like Geraldo -- by some antsy producer looking at declining ratings.


And maybe Greta van Susteren has a Dutch connection too which makes it even more interesting for her!  nonetheless I do not see how she can stick it out in Aruba for long.  Thereis just not that much to it or the case.  She is already flying back and forth.   But hey, Fox is picking up the tab.  Does anybody know if she has her own production crew as opposed to the one that is supporting the heads standing in front the palm trees.  I would say CNN and MSNBC have stronger reporters there (I mean reporters, not the big stars like Greta and Geraldo withtheir own shows).


Looking back on it, I realize that Greta likes to follow THE ENTIRE PROSECUTORIAL CYCLE, regardless of declining ratings. She has done it before, and she's like a bulldog.


Their ratings are not declining. There was a post last night that had them versus CNN and MSNBC and its 2:1 viewership.
Logged
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.
Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC
 
Page created in 10.313 seconds with 19 queries.